Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Japanese Amazon ❯ Beginnings and Endings ( Chapter 2 )

[ A - All Readers ]
Disclaimer: No, I do not own Ranma ½ or anything connected to it. pout Wish I did though…
This is my first attempt a fan fiction so please be kind. C&C is appreciated but flames are not (they smell funny). Please e-mail me with any suggestions you may have for the plot (I’m kind of stuck). Also, contact me if you would be interested in pre-reading/co-writing for/with me. This not a story about Shampoo, and I don’t particularly like her, so you have been warned. Well here it goes…
Japanese Amazon
By: Odette821
Chapter 2- Beginnings and Endings

It was morning again and last night’s crowd had reassembled. Everyone was sitting around the dining table trying, and failing, to look relaxed. Fuu was the first to speak.

“I had Nabiki look at the…trade agreement/peace treaty/marriage contract and it allows for Mousse and me to be engaged for an unlimited amount of time, so for the time being we can work on more pressing matters, a.k.a. Ranma’s engagement to Akane,” Akane stood up and began what was obviously a prepared speech.

“Now that I have been adopted by the Japanese Amazons, I must live by their laws, witch are similar to the Chinese, but more relaxed. According to those laws my engagement to Ranma is not valid because I never gave my consent,” she held up her hand to forestall any interruption, “There are only two ways for the engagement to become valid; one is for me to give my consent, witch I will not, the other is for him to beat me in combat, witch he is no longer able,” There was a stunned silence at her seemingly arrogant claim.

“What the hell do you mean, ‘I am no longer able.’ I can still beat you with one hand tied behind my back! There is no way you could get good enough in one year,” Ranma was seriously angry, his pride had been pricked by Akane’s statement of superior fighting ability. He was also a little worried because his own fighter’s instincts told him it might be true.

In the past Akane would have yelled back and eventually malleted him, but now she simply looked at him calmly for a moment then said, “Why don’t we just find out? Saoatome Ranma I challenge you,” then she turned and started walking toward the dojo. After a few steps she realized Ranma wasn’t following. Without turning her head Akane said, “Coming? Or are you afraid that I really can beat you?”
Ranma’s already bruised ego could not take that final shot, so he stood up and followed.

-The Dojo-
(Author’s Note: I suck at fight scenes so please forgive me if I’m vague.)

The fight was short: Akane goaded Ranma into attacking her then did the same thing to him that he would have done a year ago, namely avoiding everything her threw at her and not fighting back. Finally, Ranma overextended himself in a punch and Akane struck back with a beautiful right hook to the point of his chin. He sailed across the room in a graceful arc and was out cold when he hit the floor.
Of course being part of the NWC (AN: Nerma Wrecking Crew for the uninformed) he recovered in a few moments.

Everyone was silent for about a minute.
Then all hell broke loose:

“WAAA! My baby is all grown up! I’m so proud!”

“What about the joining of the schools!”

“I might have some…jobs available for you little sister.” ($_$)

“Kitchen Destroyer really give up Husband? No trick?”

“Oh my, should I call Dr. Tofu?”

“Nice punch Tendo-san.”

“I second that cuz.”

“How’d you get so good so fast sugar?”

“Thank you daddy. I don’t give a flying fuck about the schools. No thank you Nabiki. No, it’s not a trick. I didn’t hit him that hard Kasumi. Thank you Mousse, Ryo-kun. And (1) Ranma’s been slacking (2) well…time moves weird in the forest, and (3) not all of my opponents where human; you learn fast when something wants to kill and eat you,” Akane managed to get it all out in one breath, a feat nearly as impressive as Ranma’s defeat.

Everyone took a moment to sort out the rapid fire answer. Nabiki was the first one to notice one of the more important parts or her sister’s statements.

“Wait a minute, did you say ‘kill and eat you’!”

Akane simply shrugged, “The animals in the forest around the village are…weird, and sometimes fighters go out to deal with some of the more dangerous ones, not a pleasant job but necessary if they want to stay where they are.”

“Some pretty powerful magic was used in a war several hundred years ago and the spill-over changed the animals in the region (along with some other effects), they generally got smarter, or grew bigger, or developed some new offensive/defensive weaponry (AN: aka poison/ invisibility, etc.). We live there because the animals keep most people away, witch is why we are the only surviving Amazon tribe in Japan,” Fuu added helpfully.

Ranma, sulking in a corner, finally spoke up, “Come on, those animals can’t be that bad, I mean, Akane beat them.”

Everyone stared at him in horror. Did he want to be malleted? Then they turned to Akane waiting for the destruction to start. To everyone’s confusion, she simply gave him an icy stare.

“Umm, little sis? Why isn’t Ranma in LEO (AN: Low Earth Orbit)?” Nabiki finally asked.

“You learn to control your temper when you get the crap beat out of you every time you loose it,” Akane simply shrugged.

“I’ve always found that particular method effective,” Fuu’s grin was vicious, “Though it doesn’t seem to help foot-in-mouth disease,” she added as an afterthought.

“No, it doesn’t, does it…” Mousse’s voice was dry.

The rest of the NWC had left, to pump Akane for information, leaving Mousse alone with Fuu.

The formerly blind marshal artist looked a little unsettled, cleared his throat, then spoke, “Umm...What are you going to do now?”

Looking equally uncomfortable Fuu answered, “I’m going to train Ranma, he has too much potential to let it go to waste. Anyway, he’s completely ignoring a potential source of power, and I hate that kind of stupidity, if he used it he could easily surpass Happousai and Cologne,” Mousse gave her a surprised and questioning glance, but she ignored it, and he took the hint.

He changed the subject by asking about something that had been bugging him, “Akane said something about time earlier that didn’t really make sense. It moving strangely...?”

“Oh, that, a couple of generations ago, one of our Elders, who was powerfully Gifted, used some of the leftover magic from the war to enchant our training grounds. You can spend what feels like a full day inside but only an hour passes on the outside. Akane probably got the equivalent of four or five years of training while she was gone, since we would train in there at least a dozen times a day. The only drawback is that you have to eat huge meals every time you left the grounds,” Fuu explained.

Mousse’s only reply was to blink several times in surprise. The two left the dojo to join the rest of the group in the Tendo home.