Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Know this, Saotome ❯ Author's Note ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I DON'T OWN RANMA

I really doubt anyone's going to read this page, but oh well. I'm rambling in this, just so you know.

::My explanations::

~

Ahem. Okay. Here I shall tell how I'm going to deal with the rest of the fic.

First, OCs:

:: a.

Yoko:

Yoko is Ranma's conscience, otherwise known as the little voice in your head advising you what to do. That's why she could appear to be all knowing. But she really isn't.

Also, I can't have her fall in love with anyone. She is *part* of Ranma, and it would really complicate things, ok? So pairing her up with anyone is impossible, and out of the question. She is the unofficial master of the Saotome Insult-Your-Opponent-Until-They-Can't-See-Straight Technique.

Kanaye:

This character is the Neko-ken essence that resides in Ranma's mind. He is the center and the controller of Ranma's cat fear, Neko-ken Techniques, and Ranma's stealth and grace. He can't fall in love with anyone, not interested in anyone period.

He first met Ranma went they were ten. =)

He's got no oath against not hitting women, as this is proved when Yoko and Kanaye fight. He's a bit like Ranma, but less dense.

Sorano Akamatsu:

This woman is about in her late twenties. Sorano is Ranma's martial arts potential, and what it could become.

Her extent of martial arts abilities isn't on purpose; Ranma can still amount to more than what he has now, and she represents that. That's really the only allowance that one can have in these terms. You won't have to worry about her beating someone up, she doesn't meet anyone.

The Inners consist of his feelings, and himself. Not his body, but the pillar of his soul. My other OC personalities and thoughts don't interact with how he really feels. Meaning, they don't disturb the inners.

Thought-oni are basically bad thoughts. You know, like depression, the voice of bulimia, and other dark musings that cross one's mind. Yoko and Kanaye get rid of these to keep Ranma sane; otherwise he might have gone and done whatever a long time ago.

:: b.

To one of my reviewers, this section is to explain your questions.

Everyone has Yin and Yang, meaning female and male, soft and hard. In real life, if any side is unbalanced, you could fall ill. But since this fanfiction, I can mess things up a bit.

Ranma is originally a guy because he was born one, but the curse brought out the Yin (girl side). Sorano and Yoko are members of Ranma's Yin, and Kanaye is part of Ranma's Yang. That's why they are shown as guy and girls.

No, they aren't Ranma's psyche. They work, correspond, and LIVE inside his mind. Don't ask me how I came up with it; I'm not too sure myself. And the constant battering that my characters reek on it doesn't actually do much to it. It's what happens in the outside world that truly affects him, except for the odd records book gag.

They ARE part of Ranma, however. If you squashed them all together, you'd get one Ranma Saotome.

Sorano is Yoko's sensei because she is the only one capable of doing so. She is his martial arts ability, so no one else would be able to fight unless she taught them. Yoko wasn't created with martial arts, so she has to learn.

:: c.

I am SO sorry if I confused anyone. I know I'm going a bit fast with this, and the reason I'm leaving out so many details is because it's supposed to leave you thinking about the plot.

::

Alright, now then… I hate the fan fics with OCs that are immensely super-powered and could easily knock out the NWC. It's so *lame*, people. They kind of represent an SI, just using the characters to do what they would, and that's just plain stupid and corny. That plot's used a bit much.

Yeah, I know I'm a bit of a hypocrite (Yoko is based off of me) when I type messages like that, as I'm also using the old fix-Ranma's-problems plot. But I'm trying to make it so that it differs from others, okay?

(Example) Someone like Ryouga couldn't be easily knocked out; he's a walking human tank! And I don't think he spends ALL of his time lost wandering, otherwise Ranma would have left him in the dust already. The NWC will not be all-powerful either.

I think I got my point across.

Second, romance:

This will not be a Ranma/Akane fic. Although I don't really like it as much as alternative pairings, I don't hate it and don't wish for all the Akane-lovers to die horrible deaths. I understand that Takahashi-san was aiming for that pairing (gee, who'd have guessed?) in the first place, and I respect that.

It also isn't odd that R/A fics get the most reviews? *rolls eyes*

I don't portray Akane is violent on purpose; she really is a lot. Sometimes she doesn't let Ranma explain some things and just knocks him out. But she is pretty, so her being "uncute" is ruled out (exceptions for when she's MAD). I mean then why else would the Hentai Horde/ Kuno try to date her then??? Is she spoiled? I dunno, maybe she just is over-jealous since she can't do much except pound guys, swim like a rock, and have some culinary skills that could take out an army.

I also acknowledge that Shampoo wouldn't be a real item for Ranma, unless you happen to like that pairing. She'd be better off as an ally to rely on or a friend and I don't think she's a bimbo. Shampoo may be forward, but it's what probably any other guy would want and fall for, but hey, Ranma's not our typical guy now is he?

Ucchan. Ukyo. Ranma thought she was a guy when they were kids, and until he sliced her shirt open on accident, he kept thinking that. To him, marrying her would be like marrying your brother/sister, or even a friend that won't go anything beyond. Besides, he probably wouldn't want to stick around, watch kids all day, and be ruled over. But hey, the circumstances in the fanfiction people write allow that kind of stuff. Heck, I like that pairing.

Kodachi is a subject I won't touch, that's way beyond what most fanfics would portray. Maybe as an acquaintance she'd do, but them actually… (Shudder). No offense to Kodachi fans, but I don't really like her.

Nabiki, Kasumi, and any other girls can also be suitable, as long as the situation and plot of events are situated right, and it can work out. I don't favor those pairings too much, though.

Ranma/The NWC guys???

…Well, it could work. Ranma is sometimes portrayed as insensitive to girls because he doesn't love them that way.

HOWEVER, there will not be an ounce of romance or WAFF in my fic. Don't expect it, and don't plead for it; it's not my thing. All flames for these will be looked at, but not answered. Hey, this is my fic; I can do whatever I want to it!

Third:

I don't know how I'm going to finish this fic. Maybe it'll be with a big event like Saffron, or maybe it'll just be everyone goes and lives in peace. I'll think about it. I promise that no one's going to die, so don't worry about Akane getting skewered through the heart or Mousse dying of a potion gone wrong.

There will be OOC. Please remember I try my hardest to keep them in character, and that I have never seen the series.

Anyway, if you took the time to read this, domo arigato! Please review and tell me what you think! If you want to flame, tell me what I can do better, or suggest what I could write.

I also have decided to change my pen name; I don't like to stick with only one for a long time. ^-^") This will be the last change for a while.

-Jen Tai Yaung

P.S.-

To Seraphim_Doan:

I actually laughed when I read your review. Not that I thought it was stupid, I mean. But at this:

Great job man, keep it up.

Lol* I'm not offended by it, but you might want to take a look at my profile. I'm not exactly a guy. 0^_^")

Sorry, I just had to point that out.