Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Legends ❯ Prologue in Jusenkyou ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers:

- Ranma belongs to Rumiko Takahashi.

- This story is made for fun and is meant for the enjoyment of the fans.

- The idea is Brendan O'Donnell's and I am using it with his permission.

- I have to thank Black Dragon for revised the prologue. Thank you very much.

- Please R&R.

- If anybody wants be a pre reader and help me you only have to e-mail me. I would be happy to accept. Thanks.

----------------------------------------------Prologue

China is an ancient land, home of many legends. Some of those legends are related to the valley of Jusenkyou, in the province of Qinghai, near the mountain range of Bayanhar. In this valley are more than 100 small pools, each one with their own tragic legend.

It was growing dark when, upon one of the cliffs that borders the valley, two travelers appeared.

Both carried heavy backpacks, and their clothes, worn away and dirty by the life on the road, identified them as martial artists in training.

The youngest had long black hair tied in a ponytail and blue eyes. The other one wore a bandanna to cover his lack of hair, and wore round glasses.

They advanced to the edge and, from there, looked at the valley that stretched out past their feet.

"Finally we have arrived at the legendary training ground of Jusenkyou!" said the older of the two. Turning to the other, he added, "Ready to begin, Ranma?"

"Whenever you are, old man."

Ranma let his heavy backpack fall to the ground before getting into a fighting stance, awaiting the attack of his father, Genma. Genma stood silently, watching his son. And then, suddenly, turned around and walked towards the nearby forest.

"It's too late. We will start tomorrow." was Genma's only comment as he walked away from Ranma, who collapsed on the ground in shock

Usually Ranma slept deeply, but this night something managed to wake him. He lay watching from his sleeping bag, trying to find what had woken him up.

The night was clear and, between the trees` branches, he was able to see the stars clearly. Around him the forest stood calmly and the only sound that he could hear was his father's snores.

That's it, he thought, the old man woke me up with his snoring.

He turned over in his sleeping bag and tried to fall asleep again. Then he heard it.

A strange melody began to play between the trees. Thoughtlessly he got up and went to toward the music.

After walking for a few minutes, he arrived at the cliff where he and his father had looked down on the valley before.

There wasn't any doubt. The music came from the valley.

Ranma was shocked at what he saw. He knelt down in the edge of the cliff, fascinated, and continued kneeling there as he watched the source of the music.

In the place of the innumerable springs that had occupied the valley previously, an enormous lake filled Jusenkyou. The calm waters were being shaken by concentric waves that formed and disappeared without apparent reason, and the waves created strange geometric forms that became more complex according to the music.

He soon lost track of how much time he had spent looking at the lake, so lost in thought he was. That is, until a completely different noise drew him out of his trance. The sound of stone cracking.

In spite of all his training, Ranma wasn't quick enough to escape. A massive rift split into the cliff he was standing on, and before he knew it, the platform of rock he was standing on began plummeting into the lake.