Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Photogrey ❯ Part 4: ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

11111111111100000000000000000000000000001111111111111111111111
 
Date: 220408, 280408
Disclaimer: All Ranma/ST characters and concepts belonged to their respective creators and owners.
 
Synopsis: Where in the world is the Nerima Wrecking Crew?
Warning: Happosai has been BORGIFIED!!!
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
PHOTOGREY
 
Part 4:
 
Onboard the Enterprise ... a problem of a different nature was taking place ...
 
"Geordie, have you been able to isolate the computer yet from the ship's controls?" the captain asked.
 
"FOUL SORCEROR!" the loud voice of the Blue Thunder continued to echo throughout the ship.
 
"Trying, sir. But talking about retarded AIs, its programming is unlike anything I've ever seen. It's changing and growing ...," the chief engineer answered.
 
"THY VILE MAGICKS WILL NOT AVAIL THEE!" it continued.
 
"Data?" the captain turned to the android who was fixing the ship's controls.
 
"THE BLUE THUNDER WILL BE VICTORIOUS IN THE END!" the voice grew louder.
 
"The AI appears to be deeply wired into the system. Purging it from the system would be no easy matter. We might have to pull the plug. But doing so might kill it," the android answered before opening a panel by the side of the wall.
 
"BOTH THE PIGTAILED GIRL AND THE FIERCE TIGRESS AKANE SHALL BE FREE!"
 
The Enterprise captain pondered his choice carefully.
 
"What about moving the AI into a large holographic generator similar to what we did with James Moriarty?" the captain asked, bringing up a past experience with an AI from the holodeck that had tried to seize control of the Enterprise.
 
"ALAS ... WHICH ONE SHOULD I HAVE?"
 
"We would have to isolate the AI into the holodeck first," the chief engineer answered.
 
"I CANNOT HAVE ONE!"
 
"Turn off all power to the ship's main computer!" the Enterprise captain ordered, having made up his mind.
 
"I MUST HAVE THEM BOTH!"
 
The crew quickly did as they were told. Power conduits were removed and panels were re-adjusted.
 
They were rewarded with a cry of shock ... which turned to fear as the Blue Thunder suddenly found himself cut off from the rest of his body.
 
"FOUL SORCEROR! WHAT VILE MAGICKS HAVE YOU CAST THIS TIME??!!!" he cried in terror at the sudden feeling of lethargy creeping up onto him
 
"I FIGHT ON!!!!" he screamed defiantly as his sense of feeling began to decrease all over the ship while system after system were shut down in sequence until only the section housing the holodeck was still active.
 
In a final act of desperation, the Blue Thunder retreated into the confines of the holodeck and then ... it was shutdown itself except for the holographic generator which was still active. Cornered, the Blue Thunder had no choice but to flee into the very same unit that housed James Moriarty.
 
"We have it, sir!" the Chief Engineer announced to the much relieved captain of the Enterprise.
 
"Turn the power back on but be ready for any surprises," the captain ordered.
 
"Yes, sir."
 
And the power was turned back on.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
"Captain, we're being hailed."
 
"On screen."
 
The figure of a bald-headed caucasian man appeared in front of them.
 
"Praetor Shinzon, what brings you here?" the captain asked.
 
"Greetings Enterprise. Do you require any assistance?" the new Praetor of the Romulan Empire asked.
 
"No but thank you for the offer."
 
"Captain ... I have a confession to make. As you well know, I am dying. Will you help me?" he asked.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
"Give me sometime to think about it. Enterprise out," the captain answered before ending the transmission.
 
"Captain ... are you going to do it?" Riker asked.
 
"Shinzon ... like I said before, I want so much to believe him but this matter with the thalaron readings we're getting from his ship doesn't sound right," the Enterprise captain admitted doubtfully.
 
"But he will certainly die, if you don't give him what he needs," Beverly answered.
 
"If I do so ... I'm not sure of his intent ... what do you think everyone? Should we give Shinzon the benefit of the doubt?" the captain asked the crew.
 
Suddenly, Data turned to the communication system aboard the Enterprise.
 
"Captain, I'm receiving a priority-one message from Starfleet Command," the android spoke.
 
"On screen."
 
The viewscreen turned on to reveal the concerned face of Admiral Janeway.
 
"Captain ... I need you to return to Federation space as soon as possible. Several colonies and planets in the Federation have been attacked by an unidentifed ship and their people taken. No ... they're not Orion raiders. Take a look at this ... " the admiral spoke.
 
The screen changed, pushing the Admiral's face into the background to reveal the opening of a transwarp conduit appearing close to a planet before coughing out a strange looking-ship. The ship ... in contrast to many ships that the crew had seen, had an irregular shape, completely assymetrical, with two dissimilar octagons joined together by a single wing-like structure.
 
One octagon was approximately four times larger than the other and was itself joined to another irregular-shape hexagon, shaped like two three-dimensional trapeziums put together. Simply put, it looked like a large octagon clutching a large shield to one side while the other held a smaller octagon with its wing.
 
"Starfleet has mobilised all its ships to counter the threat but combat with the alien ship has resulted in heavy losses for Starfleet. The ship is heavily armed, fast and worse yet, equipped with Borg technology," the admiral continued gravely.
 
"I've never seen a Borg ship like this," Riker answered.
 
"There's more. After wiping out the defenses of a planetary system, they took just the female population with them."
 
"Just the female population?" the captain asked.
 
"Yes. All the survivors of the attacks have confirmed this. We have determined that only healthy females of breeding age were taken and assimilated. The rest were ignored. Also, I know this is going to sound strange but all the underwear belonging to the ladies in all the places were taken by the Borg attackers," the admiral explained.
 
There was silence for a few moments as the words sank into everyone's head.
 
"Ladies' underwear? Why would a Borg ship want to take ladies' underwear? I thought they only wanted to assimilate technology," Riker spoke up, breaking the silence.
 
"Your guess is as good as mine, Will," the admiral replied.
 
"And the Borg attackers, did they all happen to be female as well?" the captain asked.
 
"Yes."
 
"We have tried pursuing them but this Borg ship is incredibly fast and would escape through a transwarp conduit before the rest of the fleet could arrive," the admiral answered.
 
"But there are no available transwarp conduits in all the affected areas," Geordi pointed out.
 
"That's what I don't understand either. Anyway return to Federation space immediately. And Picard how are things on the other end? Getting easier?" the Admiral joked in a friendlier tone of voice.
 
"Well actually, the Praetor has a rather nice ship with fifty-two disruptor banks and twenty-seven photon torpedo bays. Not to mention, what we believed to to be a thalaron generator on board. He is dying of cellular degeneration and only my blood can save his life. The Romulan fleet has just been destroyed by three Borg ships which are still in their space plus there are two Romulan ships that just went rogue. And we have just recovered the Enterprise from an AI that seized control of our ship moments ago. I'm sure I didn't leave anything out. All in all, things have certainly been lively around here," the captain answered cheerfully.
 
"Well ... keep it up and make it back to Starfleet Command as soon as you can, Picard. Janeway out," the Admiral chuckled before her image disappeared from the screen.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
Meanwhile ... onboard three other ships, a different conclusion was reached.
 
'Happosai ...' was the thought that went through Ranma, Kasumi and Nabiki's heads, having intercepted and broken the encryption code of the subspace transmission by Starfleet Command.
 
TBC
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
To all my fans,
 
Thank you for your encouragement and your reviews! To all my fans,
 
Thank you for your encouragement and your reviews! I have not confirmed some of the others yet. Yes ... I am still weighing the ship options as the story goes on. Ranma's ship type has been changed to allow for continuity through the story.
 
As for Taro being a Borg ... I'm 70 percent sure that he's going to be a Borg Cube.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
Story Guide:
 
Current Progress:
 
Ranma Saotome - Borg Tactical Sphere (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
Kasumi Tendo - Borg Queen's Diamond ship (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
Nabiki Tendo - Borg Scout Cube (medium combat class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
 
Ryoga Hibiki - Species 8472 Heavy Bioship (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
 
Tatewaki Kuno - Federation Sovereign Dreadnought - Enterprise-E (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently incapacitated.
 
Kodachi Kuno - Romulan Valdore Command Warbird (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
Sasuke - Romulan Norexan Warbird (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
 
None - Autonomous Borg assimilated Romulan Vereleus Battlebird (capital class ship) ... Status: Currently Active.
 
Happosai - Rogue Aggressor Borg ship from the Descent episode (capital class ship) ... Status: Believed To Be Active.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111
 
What in the world has happened to Kasumi, Nabiki, Ranma and Ryoga? And why? More on what has happened to the rest of the Nerima Wrecking Crew will be revealed in the coming chapters.
 
11111111111100000000000000000000111111111111111100000000000111