Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma of Borg ❯ Escape from a collective hell ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
 
Deep in space, a single consciousness was fighting to regain it's body from something that was nigh impossible to do. He was Ranma Saotome, a misbegotten boy torn from his dimension by a powerful entity known only as Q. He had bragged he was the best there was. Q had decided to test the validity of the proclamation. Ripped from his time and hurtled forward to the 27th century. Beyond the time of Picard and his `meddlesome' ship. He had been assimilated almost completely. His mind and soul still rebelled against the never-ending attempts
“Resistance is Futile,” a voice cried out from everywhere. Ranma paid it no attention as he wove through the mental collective. Billions of souls, all locked away here in the purgatory that is the collective. He was pushing himself to his body; to the most defended adjunct of the hive.
“Just give in Ranma, you can not escape our song.” A female voice sang in his ears.
Ranma's focus remained unyielding. Two years as a drone had trained an almost singular thought pattern into his mind. “We do not lose,” he said with cold conviction.
“Your body has already been assimilated, surrender to us.”
Ranma had reached his goal. Two years, six months and a handful of days had lead Ranma back to his body. His mental fist cocked back and ready to strike the final barrier between him and full control of his body. He looked back to the endless sea of lost souls and the Queen, “Assimilate this!” He cried as his mind clashed against the most advanced Borg blocks.
Ranma found himself in the waking world with his body infested heavily with Borg implants. As he freed himself, the rest of the alcove came to life. He calculated his odds were drastically against him in his Borg mind. The human part irrationally swelled with confidence as he began to hammer his way through. `Tertiary Adjunct, Uni-matrix 01, beta wing. That is my life raft. The Queen's escape pod…'
Outside of the Borg's perception, Q watched as Ranma finally made his big push to escape. He had to admit even he didn't think that the boy would ever make it this far. “Jean-luc was never this much fun. Keep pushing Ranma, you may just succeed where every other mortal has failed.”
Q watched with anticipation, as the rouge drone was a few feet from stealing the pod. He was putting up a fight that would make Klingons proud. Q watched as Ranma picked up a drone and threw it into the oncoming drones.
Ranma was in the pod, he managed to quickly jury rig the pod into working for him. The pod shook as it detached itself from the nexus. He quickly set to work on getting away. He began to work the pods systems and began to get the hell out of dodge.
“Well aren't we the smart little mortal today. You actually managed to do on your own what few have done with much help.”
Ranma whipped his head quickly to the side to come face to face with Q. “You did this to us. You ripped us from home and took us to the future.”
“Indeed I did. I gave you a test to see if you could live up to your flamboyant proclamations of greatness. But it would seem your boasting wasn't all hot air. You just escaped the Borg collective in the height of its power. You were suppose to bring it's downfall.”
“Explain,”
“Your little stunt was actually the key I had been looking for. You just ripped open the block preventing the drones from actively accessing their memories. Your little escape just instigated the eventual downfall of the Borg. I think I am going to reward you for that.” And with a snap of Q's fingers, Ranma was whisked away from the time and place he was at.
Delta quadrant, 24th century
The EMH was running tests on samples when he received a tap on his shoulder. He came face to face with Q. “Oh, you again, I suppose that you're here for something other that a medical problem.”
“Oh come now doctor. I brought you a patient. He just escaped the Borg.”
The doctor just now noticed the drone in his sickbay. He was nearly six feet tall and his ocular implant was similar to the one that Captian Picard had. His body suit was similar to One's. “Just when did you start helping others? I recall that you took more delight in tormenting other races.”
“I am helping him because he was most helpful to me. I'll pick him up when he isn't so… Borgish. Have fun Doctor.” With a snap, Q blinked out.
“Sick bay to the captian, would you please report to sick bay with a security team and Seven?”
“What is going on?”
“Q just left us a guest,”
“We are on our way,”
“I suppose I'll need something to call you other than hey you. What's your name?”
“We are Ranma. Thank you for assisting us.”