Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma's Brother ❯ New Beginning ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Ranma and his friends don't belong to me. Takahashi-sama was kind enough to let me rewrite the story a little, but she created Ranma. Shinta is mine, all mine!!! (evil cackle) So are Red and Pink, if someone wants to barrow any of them, give me a call and we can set up a reasonable rate. Now, on to the story!!
 
Note: “ words” talking words thoughts { ... } panda signs
 
Ranma's Brother--Chapter 1
 
Pink stared at her older brother in shock.
 
“That boy is your incarnation?!?!” she screached. Red nodded. “B... but how can he be cuter than you?”
 
Red facefalted.
 
“I'm not all that sure myself, however he is me in another life,” he stated as he recovered. “So many of my traites are going to arise in his life.”
 
“So what's gonna happen next?” Red's younger sister asked with some interest to the developing situation.
 
Red's eyebrow twitched a little at the sudden change in subject. “Well, why don't we fast-forward to a classic event in Ranma's life...”
 
Pink watched as the pool showed a rainy empty street.
 
--------------------
 
A young red-haired girl, about sixteen years old, ran down the street. She was dressed in a red sleevless Chinese silk shirt and black baggy pants. She carried a large backpack in one hand and a pair of shoes in the other. The weight of the backpack did not hinder her as she dodged attacks from.... A large panda? The girl dodged each strike easily then turned to face her opponent.
 
“Cut it out!!!” she yelled. “I already told you: I ain't getting married!!!”
 
The panda didn't seem to care as it started attacking the girl again with renewed force. She apparently had enough as she grabbed the panda's arm, turned, and sent the bear flying out of the alley and onto a street sign. The sight of a panda suddenly flying out of an ally, surprised many predestines.
 
The girl breathed heavily from the unwanted workout. “I'm gonna go back to China to find a cure. I have no time to fool around with you and your stupid ideas.” The girl shouldered her pack and started to head off, not noticing the panda coming up behind her.
 
There was a quick flash of light as something sliced the sign the panda was holding in half.
 
“I didn't need your help,” the redhead growled angrily to the new arrival. “I knew he was coming.”
 
The arrival turned to the pigtailed girl, and just smiled. Everyone there could see that the person was female, and a tall one at that. She stood nearly six feet in height, and had blond hair that was worn in a ponytail. She was also dressed in a red Chinese silk shirt and black pants, just like the redhead.
 
“Come on Ranma,” the older girl replied as she sheath her sword. “He would've knocked you out if I hadn't stopped him.”
 
“No he wouldn't! I was just waiting for the right moment to strike back,” Ranma snapped back.
 
“Suuuuure you were,” the girl said while rolling her green eyes.
 
“Wanna find out now?” Ranma got into a ready stance and focused all her senses on the taller girl.
 
The panda took this opportunity to strike both girls in the back of the head with the two pieced sign. The girls slumped unconscious on the street. The panda tossed a girl over each shoulder and headed off while the rain finally stopped. Onlookers just turned around and went about their daily activities with strange feelings that they would see more of the three figures in the future.
 
------------
 
Meanwhile, a certain man was reading a postcard that simply said: `Tendo, Bringing Ranma back from China. Be there soon. --Saotome'
 
Soun Tendo started to cry as he reread the card for the hundredth time. “Soon the promise we made will be fulfilled. I should tell the girls. Kasumi! Nabiki! Akane!”
 
Kasumi poked her head out of the kitchen. “Hai, Otousan?” She was mature for her young age. After the death of their mother, Kasumi jumped at the role of the maternal figure of the household. Though she got a bit lonely at times, the smiling faces of her family made it all worth while.
 
Nabiki came down the stairs. “What is it?” She became the money maker of the family. When their father waas in mourning, Nabiki had worked on the finaces of the household and dojo. She was the sole reasion they still had a house to live in.
 
Soun looked around for his third daughter but didn't see her. “Where's Akane?”
 
“I'll get her, Dad,” Nabiki replied. “She's most likely in the dojo.”
 
---------
In the dojo we see a girl with long bluish-black hair preparing to break a stack of bricks. After getting her breathing right, she raised her right hand and....
 
“KYAAAAH!!!!”
 
... broke every one of the bricks.
 
The girl wiped the small amount of sweat off her head, when a sudden flash caught her attention.
 
“There you go again, Akane,” Nabiki said as she lowered her camera. “I don't know what all those guys see in you.”
 
“Well, unlike you Nabiki, I don't care what BOYS think of me,” Akane replied hotly. She had taken their mother's death the hardest. After her dad refused to teach her more than the basics of combat, she focused all of her spare time into the art to become stronger. Her hatrid of boys came from recent problems at school, but that's for later.
 
“Oh really? Then this wouldn't interest you in the least.” Nabiki turned and headed for the house with a curious Akane close behind. You're so predictable, sis, she thought with a smirk
 
------
 
“Fiancé?” the girls chorused.
 
“Yes, the son of my best friend,” replied their father. “The lad's name is Ranma Saotome. If one of you girls were to marry him and continue the dojo, then the Tendo legacy will be secure.”
 
Akane bristled. “Hey, don't we get to choose who we marry?”
 
Nabiki leaned over to her younger sister. “Why don't you wait until he gets here? I mean he might be quite the catch.” She turned back to her father. “Right, Dad?”
 
Soun laughed nervously then walked over to the open door. “Ranma and his father have been on a ten year training trip. They just returned from China and will be here soon.”
 
“So what kind of person is Ranma?” Nabiki asked.
 
“How old is he? Younger men are, well, young,” said Kasumi.
 
Soun laughed again before he answered. “I have no clue.”
 
“No clue?” repeated Nabiki with some suspicion in her voice.
 
“I haven't met him yet myself,” he stated simply.
 
The girls stared at their father while Akane got angrier. Oh great. How can this get any worse? (Akane should have known to never tempt Murphy.)
 
The sounds of a struggle and bunch of yelling diverted everyone's attention.
 
“Oh my. It seems that we have visitors,” Kasumi said as she started to get up.
 
Nabiki got up and ran to the front door. “Oooh! It must be Ranma!” Hope he's a dumb jock that I can easily make some money off of.
 
“Saotome-kun, my old friend!” Soun yelled as he raced after his daughter.
 
“I hope he's older than me,” Kasumi mumbled as she fussed with her hair.
 
How depressing. All this fuss over a BOY. Akane mentally spat on the last word.
 
Suddenly Nabiki and Soun raced back around the corner, fallowed shortly by a panda with a person over each shoulder.
 
“This is you friend, Otousan?” asked Kasumi.
 
Soun shook his head.
 
“I bet pandas bring hostages into people's houses all the time,” said Nabiki sarcastically.
 
Soun shook his head faster.
 
The two people on the large bear's shoulders apparently had enough. Moving with great coordination, they elbowed the panda in the back of the head, flipped off the falling form, and landed facing the Tendos.
 
They're good, thought Akane. Can't be better than me though.
 
Soun recovered his wits and stared at the smaller figure. “You wouldn't be....”
 
The redhead sighed and looked away. “I'm Ranma Saotome. Sorry `bout this.”
 
The head of the Tendo family was filled with happiness, and embraced Ranma tightly. “At long last, you're here. Now we--” he stopped when he noticed something did not feel right. He held Ranma at arms length and froze at what he saw.
 
Nabiki decided to see what was giving her father a nervous breakdown. She peered closely at Ranma's chest. Those aren't... She first poked then groped.
 
“Umm... Could you please stop that?” Ranma asked a little annoyed.
 
Nabiki repeated the same thing with the taller figure, just to make sure.
 
“Uh... are you always this forward?” the taller girl asked with a slight smile and a wink.
 
Nabiki quickly let go of the blond and turned to her father, trying to hide the blush of embarrassment. “They're both 100 percent female.”
 
Soun did the only thing he could do when all his hopes were smashed before his face. He fainted.
 
----------
 
Soun awoke to see his family and the guests seated around him, and Kasumi dabbing his head like his late wife would do.
 
“Otousan must be so disappointed,” said Kasumi as she continued her treatment of Soun.
 
“HE'S disappointed?!” shouted Nabiki. “What about me? This is certainly not what I expected for a fiancé.” She poked Ranma's chest for empencess.
 
“I'd appreciate it if you would stop that. It makes me uncomfortable,” Ranma asked with a hint of annoyance.
 
“Oh look. He's awake,” said Kasumi as she watched her father look at everyone.
 
“This is your fault Daddy,” Nabiki all but yelled. “Engaging us to a person that turns out to be a girl.”
 
“Saotome said he had a son the last time we talked,” he all but shouted back.
 
“Do you see a `son' around here?” Nabiki poked both girls again to get her point across.
 
“Cut it out Nabiki. They are our guests, and should be treated as such.” Akane got up and placed a hand on the redhead's shoulder. “Hello, I'm Akane. Would you like to be friends?” she asked with a smile.
 
Ranma looked into Akane's eyes to see any alternative motive, but only saw concern and a little bit of needing. She looked over at the blond, who only shrugged. Ranma turned back to Akane with a smile on and nodded.
 
“Great! Would you two like to come with me and see our dojo?”
 
The two girls nodded and followed the young Tendo out of the room.
 
When they where out of sight, the panda pulled a sign out from behind it's back.
 
{Where's the bath?} It read.
 
--------
 
“I saw what you two did earlier, and I was impressed,” said Akane.
 
“What do you mean?” Ranma asked as they entered the dojo.
 
“I mean the way you and your...” she paused. “Um... how are you and Ranma related?” she asked the blond.
 
“Siblings,” the tall girl replied while resting a hand on the sword at her side.
 
Akane saw the sword for the first time and tensioned. If she attacks with that...
 
Ranma saw the change in Akane's posture, and decided to ease her mind. “Don't worry. Unless you're gonna try to kill us, that sword isn't gonna be unsheathed.”
 
The youngest Tendo relaxed a great deal after hearing that. “What's your name by the why? I must apologize for my poor manners earlier.”
 
“Shinta,” she replied. “Would you like to spar, Akane?” she added quickly.
 
Akane was taken aback. She was just about to ask Ranma that. But if they both learned the same things, there wouldn't be much difference in the fight. “Sure.”
 
Shinta removed the sword from the belt of her pants and tossed it to Ranma. “Hang on to that, will ya? It's a hassle during unarmed combat.”
 
Ranma nodded curtly and moved out of the way as Shinta and Akane stood across from each other in the center of the dojo. They bowed and got into ready stances.
 
Akane watched her opponent. There are no openings. She must have been trained really well. The first strike will be mine, though.
 
“Kyaah!” Akane sent a power filled punch at Shinta's chest. Only she was not there. Akane looked around for the older girl, and saw her at the other end of the dojo. Akane decided to give chase.
 
Shinta sighed as she casually dodged or blocked each of Akane's strikes. The girl's got some skill. But she gives her all in each punch, leaving her way of balance if dodged. They way she fights is almost like she expects more people to show up at any second. She'll burn out if this continues much longer.
 
Shinta spun around Akane's latest punch and lightly poked her head.
 
“You lose,” she stated simply.
 
Akane froze. She beat me? She then smiled at what that could mean. “You're good,” she said as she faced Shinta again.
 
Shinta shrugged. “I'm better with the sword. Ranma is the real unarmed fighter. I could help you get better, Akane. But you should learn from Ranma if you want better results.”
 
Akane just smiled at them. “I'm just glad you two are girls,” she stated as she walked out of the dojo. “Because, I'd really hate to lose to a boy.” With her back to them, she didn't see the uneasy faces of the Saotome siblings.
 
---------
 
Kasumi opened the door to the guest room. “This is where you and your sister will be staying, Shinta.” As the tall blond set her family's belongings down.
 
“Thank you, Tendo-dono,” Shinta replied with a small bow.
 
Kasumi blushed a little at the formality. “Oh it's nothing. And please call me Kasumi like everyone else.”
 
“As you ask, Kasumi-dono,” she replied, still using the formality.
 
“Well the bath is ready, and your sister is already in there, would you like to join her?”
 
Shinta nodded. She quickly retrieved her toiletries, grabbed two change of clothes, and left. Kasumi stayed standing, a little confused.
 
If I'm not mistaken, she grabbed two pairs of boxers and no bras. Money must've been real short for them not to have the proper women's clothing. She decided to talk with them after dinner.
 
--------------
 
“Why did you fight her?” Ranma asked as Shinta came in the bath. “Pop always said fighting a girl was dishonorable.”
 
Shinta sat down next to her sister and smiled. “All I did was dodge and block. Also, a martial artist has no gender in my eyes. All I saw was an opponent that was a little rough around the edges. By the way, what would you have done in my place?”
 
Ranma stopped scrubbing for a second. “I would've dodged until she got angry and made a mistake I could exploit.”
 
“And that was any different than what I did, how?”
 
Ranma did not respond as she dumped a bucket of water over her body. “Brrrrr. That's cold.”
 
Shinta just smiled at the small victory. “I'll meet you in the furo, I just need to do my back.”
 
---------------
 
Outside the bath Akane was getting ready to take a nice long soak.
 
Maybe I shouldn't have put so much power in all my attacks. I'm almost ready to collapses, and I haven't had dinner yet. As she tossed her gi into one of the baskets, she noticed two sets of Chinese clothes. Guess they're already taking their bath. They should be done with the furo by the time I wash up.
 
---------------
 
“Should we go out like this?” asked a male Ranma.
 
“Well....” Shinta-kun lowered his head in thought. “Pop must've told Tendo-san by now. I saw him as I was on my way here.”
 
“And the others will find out one way or another,” Ranma stated.
 
Shinta nodded and got out of the furo. “Might as well go out there now and explain everything, before something bad happens.” (Murphy that's your cue.)
 
As Ranma was leaving the bath, the door opened to reveal a revealing Akane. She looked at the two boys for a few seconds then wordlessly closed the door in front of her.
 
“Shinta?” asked Ranma.
 
“Yeah, bro?”
 
“Would that count as bad?” he asked nervoussly.
 
The blood curtailing scream a second later was all Ranma needed to know.
 
-------------
 
Akane sat with her sisters and just glared at the three men that sat across from them.
 
“I'll explain everything,” Soun began. “This is my friend...” he gestured to a man in a white gi and glasses.
 
“Genma Saotome. And this is my son....” Genma indicated the black haired youth next to him.
 
“Ranma Saotome. And this is my older brother....” he pointed at the young man next to him. His hair was a dark brown and it was..... short. Shinta's sword was laying next to him.
 
“Shinta Saotome.”
 
“Sorry about this,” the siblings said together as they bowed their heads a little.
 
The Tendo girls did not know what to make of the situation. A few hours ago, a panda carried two girls into their home. Now, a man and his two SONS sat in their living room. Kasumi was the first to find her voice.
 
“Where you really those girls we saw earlier?”
 
“Hai,” the Saotome brothers replied.
 
Silence.
 
“Hmmmmmm.....” Genma mused. “It's a complicated story, I'm not sure where to begin.” He grabbed Ranma and Shinta by their shirts. “How's this?” He threw them into the koi pond outside.
 
A couple of seconds later, a pissed off redhead and a neutral longhaired blond, appeared out of the water.
 
“Waddja do that for, Oyaji?” Ranma yelled.
 
“Oh, my.” (If you don't know who said it then you shouldn't be reading this.)
 
“They're girls now...” Akane observed.
 
Nabiki rolled her eyes. My sister, the detective...
 
Genma walked to the edge of the pond. “How horrible. My great sons, reduced to these.” He started crying as the boy-turned-girls started getting angrier. “Shinta... Ranma... You break you father's heart.”
 
Shinta and Ranma jumped out of the pond and kicked Genma in. Shortly after, a panda arose from the water, a pair of glasses hanging from one ear.
 
“How do you think WE feel?” Ranma cried.
 
“Having a panda for a dad really boosts our morale,” Shinta added sarcastically.
 
The three of them started a small punching contest.
 
“Father, you certainly have strange friends,” the eldest Tendo daughter commented.
 
“They didn't use to be like this. Not until the training in China...”
 
(A quick bath later...)
 
“Ah, yes,” Genma began. “It all started about two months ago....”
 
-------------
Flashback
 
A chubby Chinese man in an old uniform turned to the three men that where fallowing him. We see that the men are Genma, Ranma, and Shinta. They are all wearing white training suits and Shinta had his katana tucked in the belt of his gi.
 
“Here sirs, we come to legendary training growns of cursed spring, Jusenkyo,” stated their guide.
 
The Saotome trio looked around at the “dangerous” training ground, and where less than impressed.
 
“The guide book said this was the most dangerous place to train,” Shinta said as he looked at the bamboo poles.
 
“That book also said that there was a place to restore hair,” Genma grumbled. “But I have yet to see it.”
 
“The worst thing that can happen is we get an unwanted bath,” Ranma said as he dropped his pack and started stretching. “So who's first?”
 
Shinta grinned and set his stuff down next to Ranma's. “Why not have a free for all?”
 
“Sounds good to me,” Genma yelled as he leapt onto one of the poles. “Shinta, Ranma! Follow me!”
 
The boys quickly agreed and leapt after their father, leaving a very nervous guide on the ground.
 
“Sirs!! What are you doing?! I haven't begun the very tragic story!”
 
Genma smiled as he saw Shinta without his sword. “I won't take it easy on you two,” he yelled.
 
Like he ever does? Shinta thought bitterly. Though, there was something at the back of his mind that said that this place was trouble, and that he should leave NOW. “Any time you're ready, Oyaji.” Shinta shook off the feeling as nervousness, and prepared for Genma's attack.
 
The three leapt as one, exchanged a quick set of strikes, then landed on different poles. This process was repeated several times, and with each passing, the guide got more and more nervous. He had seen it enough times to know sooner or later, one of them was going to fall into a spring.
 
He had to warn them.
 
“Sirs, listen!!” he called. “It be very bad thing to fall in spring.”
 
Yea, I'll have to spend the rest of the day wet, was what Ranma thought the guide meant. But Pop, REALLY needs a bath. On that thought, Ranma twisted away from Genma's kick, and sent the fat martial artist to the spring below.
 
“Hey! I wanted to do that,” Shinta play pouted, as he jumped next to his brother.
 
Ranma wasn't paying full attention, as the spring Genma was knocked in started to bubble. What the...?
 
Suddenly a large panda with a pair of glasses hanging off one ear exploded from the water and stood on a pole across from the brothers.
 
“What the hell is that!?!?!” Ranma cried as he looked at the guide for an explanation.
 
“That one `Spring of Drowned Panda.' Tragic tale of panda that drown there 2000 year ago, now whoever falls in spring, take body of panda,” the guide yelled back as he had done countless times before.
 
So that's why this place is dangerous, Shinta realized.
 
A bit late, however. Now an enraged Genma-panda lunged at the boys, and with one swing, knocked Ranma towards another spring.
 
Ranma had been knock silly by the sucker punch, and only realized that he was about take a swim when his face stopped an inch from the surface. He looked up to see his brother holding his legs, with his own wrapped around a pole.
 
“You.... owe... me,” Shinta said as he hung on for dear life to the bamboo.
 
The pole slowly started to bend under the weight, it cracked, then.... aw, you know.
 
*Splash!*
 
“Oh dear,” the guide said as he walked over to the spring. “You both fall into `Spring of Drowned Girl.' Tragic tale, very tragic, of a young girl who drown there 1500 year ago. Now whoever falls in spring, take body of young girl.”
 
A redhead and a longhaired blond raised their heads above the surface.
 
They looked at each other: “AAAAAAA!!!”
 
They looked at their chests: “AAAAAAAA!!!!”
 
They saw the other's chest: “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!”
 
End Flashback
-------------------------
 
Ranma sat trying to restrain reawaken anger as Genma finished his tale.
 
Soun looked uneasy as he said, “The training ground of cursed springs. It's true horror had been shrouded in mystery, till now.”
 
Ranma was about to snap, but Shinta placed a hand on his shoulder. Ranma turned to his older bother with a questioning look. Shinta shook his head and Ranma, reluctantly, calmed down.
 
Akane was still pissed at being fooled, but Shinta had taken her somewhat seriously. Something she wished all boys did. And it looked like he was able to stop fights before they started, something that never seemed to happen around her. Maybe this engagement thing wouldn't be so bad after all.
 
“So cold water changes you to your cursed forms, and hot water changes you back?” Soun asked a calm Shinta.
 
“That is correct Tendo-san.”
 
Soun walked over and patted Ranma on the back. “Well then. Your problem isn't so bad after all.”
 
“Huh?” was all Ranma managed to say, before Soun pointed at his daughters.
 
“Kasumi, my eldest, 19. Nabiki, my second, 17. And Akane, 16. Pick whoever you want, she'll be your new fiancé.”
 
Kasumi and Nabiki jumped behind their youngest sister and urged her forward a little.
 
“Akane would be the best choice,” Kasumi said with her usual smile.
 
“Couldn't agree more, oneechan,” Nabiki supplied with a similar smile.
 
Akane looked back and forth at her double teaming sisters. “What?! Are you crazy?” she yelled. “Why would I want to marry a pervert like him?”
 
Ranma raised an eyebrow. “Me? A pervert? Why would you say that?”
 
Akane stood up and stomped over to him. “You saw me nude, hentai!”
 
Ranma stood to face her. “Hang on a sec, YOU walked in on US.”
 
“Well, it's different when a girl looks at a boy.”
 
“How?” asked a still calm Shinta.
 
Akane froze. She hadn't expected a response like that.
 
When she didn't answer, Shinta asked again. “Why is it okay for a girl to look at a nude boy, but it's perverted for a guy to see a girl nude?”
 
Akane lowered her head and started studying her fingers. “It just is....” she mumbled.
 
Shinta stood and nodded. “Thought as much. I know your kind all to well.” He turned to leave. “Now I have some stress to work off. A word of warning: when I'm practicing my sword techniques, don't come with in five feet of me. Unless you want a body covered in scars.” With that he and Ranma left for the dojo.
 
Nabiki watched him go with more than a little curiosity. Now that is someone I could be engaged to. He has a level head, keeps a straight face, not to mention being very cute.
 
Akane was starting to do a slow boil. He knows “MY kind”? What the hell is that suppose to mean? And here I was thinking it would be nice to be engaged to some one like him. Wait a sec.... “Dad?”
 
“Yes, Akane?” Soun replied.
 
“Why am I engaged to Ranma, and not Shinta?”
 
Nabiki smiled. Beat me to it. I'm impressed little sister.
 
“Because Ranma is my only son,” said Genma.
 
“But Shinta said...” Akane begain, only to be interrupted.
 
“He is my adoptive son. He is not of my blood. The agreement was to unite the bloodlines of Saotome and Tendo. That is why Ranma is your fiancé, not Shinta.”
 
“Oh...” Akane said, a little disappointed. I wonder what Shinta is up to? She headed to the dojo to find out.
 
-------------
 
“What the hell were you thinking back there?!” Ranma yelled at his brother. Shinta kept moving through his sword kata as though he didn't hear him. “This is NOT my idea of a good first impression.”
 
“Pop said we're gonna be staying here a while,” Shinta finally replied as he continued the kata. “I don't want any of them, especially Akane, to get the wrong ideas about us.”
 
Ranma nodded. “Instead of perverts, they think we're just jerks,” he replied sarcastically.
 
“I'm not the one in an engagement. That is why I kept you from attacking Pop and arguing with your new fiancé.”
 
Ranma just stared at his brother. “Why?” he asked.
 
“Tis better for people to think you're a fool, than open your mouth and remove all doubt,” quoted Shinta. “If I had let you fight with Akane, you would've let your anger and pride get the best of you. If that happen, you most likely would've said something to get your head beat in.”
 
Ranma was about to comment, then stopped when he realized that Shinta was right. “And I would prove to her that I'm a jerk.”
 
Shinta sheathed his katana and smiled at his little brother. “You're catching on fast. A trait you have to use outside martial arts.”
 
Ranma rolled his eyes. “Thanks.”
 
“So...”
 
Ranma blinked. “So what?”
 
“So what did you think of the girls?”
 
“Why should I think about them at all? I'm gonna try my danmest ta get out of this thing. No one's gonna ta rule my life. Pop has made a Hell of it before I met you, but that doesn't give him the right ta make decisions like this.”
 
Shinta still kept the calm expression through all of Ranma's rant. When Ranma stopped for some air, was when he spoke. “Alright. But still doesn't mean you don't have some impression about them. And think about whom you're talking to. I'm your brother and best friend, you can tell me anything and it will never leave my lips.”
 
Ranma looked around a little nervously. Then spoke in almost a whisper. “No offense, but I think the place is bugged.” Shinta raised an eyebrow. “I found a mini-microphone behind the baskets in the changing room. Maybe it's part of some security system, but...” he shrugged. “It will get recorded, and if I know Pop, the second I show interest in one of the girls, I'll be married before the hour's over.”
 
Shinta nodded as he thought. “Don't worry. I was able to keep him in line for the past few years, I think a couple more months or so won't hurt.” Ranma sighed in relief and they started talking about nothing in general.
 
------------
 
Akane couldn't believe what she had heard. Ranma had already found out about Nabiki's bugs and only seemed to be against the engagement because he was being forced into it. Come to think of it, she too was against it for that reason. That didn't mean that they couldn't be friends in the meantime. She decided to talk with them tomorrow after school.
 
Little did Akane know, but Genma had already registered Ranma and Shinta to go to school. The very next morning.
 
End for now
Next Time: Rose-boy meets his match and the girl of his dreams.
 
So what did you think? Please let me know what you think. Just be gentle, I bruise very easily. Next time: if you think Kuno is going to go after his “pigtailed-goddess”, you might be in for a surprise, and Shinta and Nabiki have a little business meeting