Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma Universe: Alpha and Omega ❯ Chapter 5: The Four Fiancee battle, Round 2 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Part 5: The Four Fiancée battle, Round 2
 
 
Saturday morning soon dawns… Akane wakes up early and stays in bed, thinking about what could happen later in the day. `This is it… the fight of my life…' She does some stretches and limbers up, preparing herself for the fight that is now mere hours away.
 
`I hope it was all worth it… all of the… ugh… training with Happosai…' Akane says as she opens her closet and reaches for her gi, still torn and bloodstained from last week. The tears and marks serve as a reminder to Akane of what happened last time…
 
Akane changes out of her nightgown and into the gi. As she looks in the mirror at her reflection, her eyes cannot help but be drawn to a certain picture hanging on her wall.
 
`I hope you appreciate this.... cause if not, I'll make you appreciate it…' Akane thinks as she stares at the picture, focusing on Ranma's image. After a few more seconds of looking at the pictures, Akane turns away and heads out of the room. She heads downstairs to make something to eat for herself… and is surprised to find Kasumi awake and in the kitchen, whistling to herself and preparing some food…
 
“Good morning…”
 
“Oh, good morning Akane…” Kasumi says as she turns her head to look at her little sister. “Are you ready for the fight today?”
 
“Of course I am! I'm going to win!” Akane says with her voice filled with energy and pride.
 
Kasumi smiles in response… she's happy to see her sister ready to fight- not only for her pride, but also for someone who cares for her. Ranma's admission last week about his true feelings for Akane was the clincher in Kasumi's mind. Everyday since then she had been trying to help the both of them realize that there was a bond between them… and it was stronger than either one would readily admit.
 
A sizzling noise followed by a “hiss” diverts Kasumi's attention for a moment as she returns to cooking breakfast. Akane sniffs the air and feels her stomach rumble…
 
“That smells good, sis…”
 
“Why don't you sit down at the table and I'll bring out your breakfast. This is your special day…” Kasumi says as she continues cooking.
 
Akane turns around, heads into the living room, and sits down at the table. As she sits down, she notices an envelope on the table. `I wonder what this is?' Upon closer inspection, Akane notices her name plainly written across the front of it. Her curiosity now piqued, she goes to open the envelope…
 
“Breakfast is served!” Kasumi says as she enters the room. Akane's attention is diverted to the scrumptious food that Kasumi has just set down in front of her.
 
`I hope that Akane can be that fast on the battlefield today…' Kasumi thinks as she watches Akane quickly eat her breakfast.
 
“I hope there's some food left for me…” Ranma jokes as he enters the room. Akane looks at him and mumbles something about it being “her special day…” as the food quickly disappears.
 
“Uh, yeah… it is. Since you mentioned that, umm… Akane…”
 
“What is it?” Akane asks as she pushes the now empty bowl in front of her away and focuses her attention on Ranma.
 
“I hope that you…” Ranma stops speaking after noticing Kasumi's glance at him.
 
`Go for it, Ranma. Say what you need to say…' is the thought passing through Kasumi's mind as she tries to “encourage” Ranma with her glance.
 
Akane is also waiting for Ranma to finish speaking, wondering… hoping for more words…
 
Ranma moves closer to Akane and tries to say what he wants to say again… but in a whisper that only she can hear. “I hope… that you win today…”
 
Before Akane can react, however, two meddling fathers notice the closeness of the pair at this moment and start to shout out with glee.
 
“Just look at them, Tendo… it's like they're married already!” Genma yells out, not caring if the whole house hears it.
 
Ranma backs away… and yells back "We're NOT married!"
 
Akane though is taken aback by him saying that, instead of his usual, 'Why would I want to marry this uncute tomboy!'
 
“What's going on down here?” Nabiki asks as she enters the room, rubbing her eyes. “It's seven o'clock…” Nabiki yawns. “People are trying to sleep…”
 
“What's this I hear about marriage?” Nodoka chimes in as she enters the room and heads right towards Ranma. “Are you finally taking Akane as your wife?”
 
Akane can swear that she hears Ranma mumble “Just when I thought it couldn't get any worse…”
 
“I'm not ready to get married… I'm only seventeen… I'm not even done with high school yet…” Akane says as she stands up. She grabs the envelope and makes a quick retreat out to the dojo… where she can hopefully be alone for a few minutes to think.
 
`Ranma… he said that he wanted me to win… does he feel the same way about me? He has to… he didn't even insult me this morning. Come to think of it… he didn't even deny that he wanted to get married…'
 
Akane contemplates this some more and realizes something about Ranma. `He wants to get married… he wants me to win... so that would mean…'
 
“He wants to do perverted things with me!” Akane exclaims out loud, her voice echoing throughout the dojo. She lowers her voice and then says something to herself that she had never thought she'd hear herself say… “I think I like that...”
 
Akane sighs and then remembers that she still has the envelope in her right hand. She opens up the envelope… and several pictures spill out. Akane's eyes get wider as she picks up the fallen pictures and looks at them.
 
“What the hell is this?” Akane grumbles to herself, all of her positive feelings about Ranma quickly flying out the window. “I thought he wanted me!”
 
“Are you in here?” Ranma asks as he opens the door to the dojo. He looks around and finds Akane sitting on the floor and looking at some pictures. For some reason, she has an aura around her now… I wonder why?
 
“Umm… Akane…” Ranma says as he cautiously moves closer.
 
“I don't believe this… I thought you wanted me to win…” Akane says as she angrily holds up the pictures.
 
“Wait a second here!” Ranma exclaims, fully knowing what thoughts could be running through Akane's mind at the moment.
 
“I thought you wanted me!” With that, Akane pulls out her mallet and sends Ranma flying out of the dojo and into low earth orbit. As he flies into the distance, Akane can swear that she heard a faint “But I do…”
 
Akane grabs one of the pictures and looks at it, fuming... “You're not going to steal Ranma away from me… those fake tears may have fooled him… but they don't fool me…” Akane takes a better look at the picture and notices that Ukyo's face is etched with pain and heartbreak. “It looks real… damn it! What the hell is going on here? Ukyo looks like she's… she's really… heartbroken…”
 
“Oh there you are, sis… everyone's looking for you…” Nabiki says as she enters the room. She quickly spots Akane and notices that she's looking at something. “What's that?”
 
“Nothing…” Akane mumbles as she stuffs the pictures into her pocket. “I'm not going back in there… I'll only get harassed about getting married…”
 
“Good point…” Nabiki pauses. “Maybe you should stay in here until it's time for the fight… I can tell them that I didn't find you in here…”
 
“That'd be great… I just wanna be alone right now…” Akane says as she slumps back down on the floor, deep in thought. Nabiki takes her leave and wonders what is going through her sister's head… and hopes that it doesn't affect her performance this afternoon…
 
 
Near eleven A.M., the Kuno siblings arrive at the battlefield together.
 
“Are you ready?” Tatewaki asks his sister as they sit down on the grass.
 
“Hohohoho… of course… these peons don't stand a chance against the Black Rose…”
 
Crowds begin to gather as the time for the fight nears. Many of the people who showed up last time are there, as well as some new faces. Most of the students in Furinkan High School are present at this event. Nabiki soon arrives and begins coordinating the betting pool for the main event…
 
Nabiki notices three figures approaching in the distance… and one appears to be hopping on a pogo stick. `Must be Cologne and Shampoo… and it looks like Mousse is going to watch too…Akane's gonna have her work cut out for her today…'
 
“Great-grandmother ready for wedding? Shampoo win for sure today!” Shampoo says as they near the field.
 
“Of course my child…” Cologne then looks at Mousse. “No tricks… you are not to interfere with the match, even if Shampoo is in trouble. Understood?”
 
“Yeah, yeah…” Mousse said, still irked about being forced to come with and watch this match.
 
 
Ukyo closes up her shop and then slowly makes her way towards the field. `This is it… I still have to fight… even though… he doesn't love me like that. I still want to be his friend, though… I guess I'll have to use my plan today.' Ukyo's mood suddenly improves. `I think everyone will be in for a total shock today…'
 
 
Nabiki glances at her watch and notices that it's almost twelve noon. `Where is Akane?'
 
A few minutes later, Akane arrives and heads over to her sister.
 
“Where's everyone else? I thought they'd be here by now…” An exasperated Akane says as she looks around at the crowd, trying to find her father, sister, and most importantly, Ranma.
 
“They'll be here, don't worry…” Nabiki says before getting pulled away by some more people wanting to make bets. Akane continues to search the crowd for her father and the others… unaware that they are all walking together and on their way…
 
“Hurry up Saotome… we're gonna be late!” Soun exclaims as he walks a little bit faster.
 
“It's not my fault… I'm not the one who wanted to take a picnic lunch with…” Genma replies back.
 
“Now, now… let's not worry about that… we need to be concerned about Akane and cheer her on, right son?” Nodoka asks as she glances at her son.
 
“Um… yeah…” is about all Ranma can say.
 
“Auntie's right…” Kasumi chimes in. “All of us are here to cheer for Akane…”
 
 
Ukyo arrives at the Furinkan High School field and sits down on one of the makeshift sidelines. She recalls some of the words that Nodoka told her, in private yesterday. `I understand you have feelings for my son… but you know that he cares for Akane. He still loves you… but in a different way. It's up to you as to what you do with this fight tomorrow… you can make Ranma your enemy or your friend. We'll talk more after this fight is over…'
 
`This ain't gonna be easy…' Ukyo thinks as she looks across the field, catching glimpses of Shampoo and Kodachi, who are seated nearby. `They look pretty tough… but no one's gonna stop me today… no one…'
 
 
Kodachi meanwhile notices Akane wandering around on another part of the field. “With no weapons, she will be the first one out… no one can stand up to the Black Rose… hohohoho…”
 
Kuno glances at Akane and then at his sister. “She appears to have done some training… she is now wearing a black belt…”
 
“That means nothing…” Kodachi claims as she turns her thoughts back to the fight that would soon begin.
 
 
Kodachi isn't the only one that notices Akane's new black belt… Cologne's discerning eye catches this change in the Tendo girl.
 
“Akane now has a black belt… and I feel a stronger aura from Akane… do not let your guard down…”
 
“Belt color not mean Akane invincible… Shampoo will still win…” A confident Shampoo replies back.
 
 
A few minutes later, Nabiki grabs a megaphone and starts gathering the crowd around the fighting area.
 
“Ladies and Gentleman… boys and girls… it's time for the main event. Which one of these four women will be left standing? The winner will be Ranma Saotome's one and only fiancée…” Nabiki points at Ranma, who had just sat down in the front row. “This man's future will be settled in the next few minutes…”
 
Ranma turns aside and whispers to his mother. “Great, she just keeps on heapin' the attention on me…”
 
“Oh, calm down son. These girls want to be with you so much… but they have to settle their differences once and for all…” Nodoka pauses and then starts digging into the nearby picnic basket. “Here, have a sandwich…”
 
Ranma rolls his eyes and takes the sandwich and starts munching on it. He notices the four girls converging in the center of the field. `Is Akane wearing a… black belt? When'd she get that? The only one that could've given her that is… the old man…'
 
 
The four girls walk towards the center of field. Determined looks are on the faces of each one… all four are ready to fight. Nabiki has a sweatdrop after looking at the four women… four large battle auras begin to surge and light up the area.
 
“You're going down…” Ukyo says to Shampoo in an attempt to fight her first… as per her plan.
 
“Spatula girl not win Ranma…”
 
“We'll see…” Ukyo says in a lower tone voice. “We'll see…”
 
Nabiki grabs her megaphone and says… “Ready… and fight!”
 
Akane smiles at hearing her sisters' words… she has been itching to get started. `This is it Akane… let's do it…'
 
Shampoo begins by thrusting her bonbories at Ukyo, who parries and deflects them with her spatula. The clang of metal on metal is heard as the two combatants continue their attacks. To start her attack, Kodachi lets a flurry of black rose petals loose into the air, just as a sudden breeze fills the air. Akane jumps off to the side and rolls away, just barely dodging the cloud of rose petals.
 
“You dodged my paralysis attack… but you won't get away…”
 
A snapping sound is heard mere inches from Akane's ear a moment later. `Damn, she's faster than last time… it's time to go on offense…' Akane takes a quick breath and waits for Kodachi to attack again.
 
Just a few feet away, the struggle continues between Ukyo and Shampoo. Both are giving their all… but no one is gaining the advantage. Shampoo decides to try one of her new attacks and without warning, starts back flipping away from Ukyo.
 
“Amazon technique… super strength soba attack!”
 
Strands of noodles fly out from Shampoo's hands and head toward Ukyo. A quick block by Ukyo prevents them from getting a hold of her neck, where they had been aimed. Unfortunately, her Spatula is caught and after a few seconds of struggle, pulled away and thrown onto the ground.
 
`Damn it…' Ukyo curses under her breath as another noodle attack flies her way. Ukyo quickly reaches for one of her smaller spatulas and starts to spin it, slicing the incoming noodles to pieces. “Nice try, but you'll need more than that to beat this chef…”
 
“Hmmpph…” Shampoo mumbles as she charges headlong at Ukyo. Ukyo quickly puts her spatula away and prepares for hand to hand combat…
 
`She's quicker then before… this girl has truly done some training…' Kodachi thinks as Akane tries to go on the offense against her. `One of my pins hit her… and she did not even flinch…'
 
Akane is beginning to get nervous. All of her hard work over the last week wasn't paying off as well as she thought it would… `I'm still on defense here… and she got in a few blows, the pin really hurt…'
 
Akane focuses her energy and her purple battle aura continues to gain in strength and intensity. `Time for some… unorthodox moves…'
 
 
Most of the eyes watching the battle shifted over to Akane and Kodachi after the two got close enough to engage in hand to hand combat… Kodachi of course is using a few tricks besides that…
 
 
Some of the spectators gasped, however, as they watched some of the moves that Akane was now doing…
 
“Oh my… that was… well…” Nodoka cannot finish her sentence, still in some shock from what she just witnessed Akane do.
 
“It seems like old Happosai taught her some of those dirty moves of his…” Ranma commented aloud. `She's doing good… but she needs to watch her back… Shampoo and Ukyo are mighty close…'
 
“Oh my…” Kasumi exclaimed as Akane nearly got hit with a mallet swing. Soun cringed as well… his daughter was in the fight of her life… and was at great risk. “Hang in there Akane!” he yelled, trying to encourage his daughter.
 
Nabiki sighed aloud. “This is getting crazy… the four of them are practically back to back with each other… someone's gonna get double teamed… I can feel it…”
 
 
True to Nabiki's words, Shampoo, noticing Akane and Kodachi's situation, decides to join the fray. She pushes Ukyo away and jumps headlong at Akane, preparing to attack her and tie her up since Cologne had instructed her to not employ lethal attacks, knowing the consequences if someone was to get killed today.
 
After falling to the ground as a result of Shampoo's sudden, energetic push, Ukyo feels her heart beat even faster. 'Akane's about to get hit... badly...and I think Kodachi sees her coming...' Ukyo rushes into action and runs towards Akane… only to hear…
 
 
“OWWW!” The Black Rose cried out as Shampoo hit her in the back. Akane saw Shampoo at the last second and pulled Kodachi towards her to use as a human shield. Oooh's were heard from the crowd… the pain that the girl was in now was quite obvious…
 
 
“My fierce tigress hath not only gotten out of that trap… but put my sister in it…” Kuno comments aloud to Sasuke, who had finally arrived just a few minutes prior.
 
“It appears that Mistress Kodachi is in trouble now… Shampoo is tying something around her wrists…”
 
“Indeed…” Kuno says as he shakes his head. `Akane Tendo surely hath gained speed and skill in the last week… and is certainly employing some… interesting moves…'
 
 
Akane backs away from Kodachi as she struggles to get out of the hold that Shampoo has on her. Akane's eyebrows go up as Ukyo quickly moves in closer… `There goes my chance to catch my breath… but knowing Shampoo, Kodachi won't be able to do anything for a while…'
 
Ukyo notices Akane raising her guard and realizes that this is a perfect opportunity to hit all three of them at once. `Time to use that special attack I've been working on all week…'
 
Akane prepares for an attack… just before Ukyo is in range, however, she jumps over Akane and heads for a bucket of water that is sitting near the sidelines. `What the hell is she gonna do with a bucket?' Akane thinks as Ukyo begins quickly opening a nearby box… which went unnoticed to all of the other combatants.
 
“Ukyo's super secret attack… Flour Bomb!”
 
With lightning speed, Ukyo reaches into the box and begins hurling small packages of flour, which begin to hit the other three girls. Akane tries to dodge the attack but is overwhelmed by the sheer number of packages in the air and is soon covered in flour. Shampoo, who was putting the finishing touches on Kodachi's “noodle handcuffs”, is hit several times in the head. The spillover from the exploding packages land on Kodachi, causing her to cough and curse her situation…
 
`Time for some water…'
 
Ukyo reaches down for the bucket of water and throws the water contained therein towards the other three fighters, hoping to totally disable Kodachi and eliminate Shampoo completely from the tournament. A collection of “ooh's” are heard from the sideline as the water heads towards the other girls.
 
Mousse and Cologne gasp… knowing full well that Shampoo will change into a cat if that water hits her. Ukyo smirks and takes a step backwards… kicking the other bucket of water back towards the sidelines. A soft curse is heard a moment later as Ranma-chan looks down at her clothes. Genma-panda holds up a sign saying “Why me ?!”
 
Kasumi and Nabiki look at the newly transformed pair and realize that those two are in trouble. Nodoka turns around and gasps.
 
“Ranko? Mr. Panda? Where did…”
 
Without even thinking, Nodoka reaches for her kitana. At the first glint of light dancing on the sword's edge, Ranma-chan and Genma-panda run for their lives… neither one wants to get disembowled.
 
“Wait! Wait!” Nodoka says as she gets on her feet and gives chase. Before turning their attention back to the fight, Nabiki makes an offhand comment to Kasumi.

”Well… it was bound to happen one day. Secrets don't stay secret for long around here…”
 
Kasumi nods her head and both sister return their attention to fight…
 
 
 
A few hours later in the Tendo house, finds an exhausted Ranma hiding in room. `I managed to avoid mom… and turn myself back… but what's gonna happen next? Why'd it have ta happen while Akane was fighting?'
 
Ranma puts his hands on his face and begins to silently weep. `I wonder what happened with that fight? Knowing my luck Kodachi somehow won and I'm gonna be engaged to her...' he then has a full body shudder as he contemplates being engaged to her.
 
`Maybe Shampoo won and I'll be on a fast train to China… I'm not sure about Ukyo… we did talk about this before the fight. Damn it… why me? Now my mom knows about my curse… I don't wanna die…'
 
Ranma's thoughts are interrupted by the sound of a woman's voice in the distance. “Ranma… Ranma… where are you?”
 
`Oh no…' Ranma thinks as his body goes on alert. `She's back…'
 
The voice gets closer and closer… making Ranma feel more and more on edge… until he can make out who's speaking. `It's… Akane!'
 
The closet door slowly opens and Ranma cautiously sticks his head out. He softly calls out to Akane several times before she appears in the hallway.
 
“Ranma!” A tearful Akane cries out as she rushes towards him. “I was looking for you… why are you hiding in the closet?”
 
“It's a long story…” Ranma says as he looks at Akane, her gi covered in white powder and numerous tears, some of which have a red streak. “Are you okay? You're… crying…”
 
Ranma cannot help but fear the worst because of Akane's current condition and her current emotional state. `This could be it for us.... after today... I may never get to see her again... hear her laugh... or even just get to be around her... I know she's got a bad temper... but... I may never see her smile again... I... I don't wanna forget this... I gotta do something... I gotta... I gotta... if I gotta go… I am gonna go with this being the best memories I've got. I'm gonna make this special for her too. There's one thing I wanna do... wanna say... before it's too late...'
 
“I don't care if ya won or not Akane... I... I love you..." Ranma nervously leans in and kisses Akane. Ranma takes his time and enjoys every moment of her soft lips against his, not knowing if it could be the last time he can kiss her. Akane's eyes close and she cannot believe that this is real… `Is he really kissing me? It feels so… good…'
 
After the kiss a tearful and excited Akane is really happy… and she tells him- "But Ranma... I... I... " Akane passes out from the fatigue, exhilaration, as well as the fact running though her mind that he said he loves her and he kissed her.
 
To be continued in Chapter 6: And the Winner is…
 
In the next episode: Will Akane tell Ranma that she lost and confess her love to him in their last moments together? Or will she tell him that she somehow pulled off a miracle and won? Tune in next time, as we answer these and other questions... does Nabiki wear panties to bed? Does Kodachi like being tied up by other girls?