Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Ranma Universe: Alpha and Omega ❯ Chapter 15: Girls Just Want To… Learn Martial Arts ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 15: Girls Just Want To… Learn Martial Arts
 
Part A was preread by my friend Steven/Datexan, thanks to him for the help.
 
 
 
Part A
 
That evening, Nodoka begins setting her plan in motion- she feels even better after hearing that Ukyo is the best swimmer at her high school. `I know she'll really enjoy this trip, especially since she's a good swimmer. My son really enjoyed teaching Akane to swim last time, so I'm sure they won't object. I just have to figure out what do about Ukyo's restaurant, she needs someone to watch it and run it in her absence… hmm…'
 
 
Heading downstairs from her room, the Saotome matriarch decides to start with her husband… since he has so much to repay, especially to Ukyo…
 
She finds him playing “Go” with Tendo and sits down next to him.
 

”Who is winning?” she asks.
 
“Why me of course…” is the hearty reply from both fathers. They then loked back at one another wondering how the other could think that they were winning and not themselves.
 
“I don't agree with that, Saotome. I'm pretty sure I'm…” Soun replies back before noticing that after he had changed the pieces in his favor, now it looked like was in trouble.
 
Before the two can cheat one another again, Nodoka gets right to the point. “As part of your… debt, you're going to do Ukyo a favor next weekend. I've decided to send her to that hot spring that Ranma and Akane went to before…”
 
Genma immediately protests. “What do you want me to do? I don't know how to make Okonomiyaki…”
 
“Your daughter needs help… and yes, I'm well aware of your culinary skills. I will make the food… and you'll serve it.”
 
“Sounds like you've got next weekend booked, Saotome…” Soun says with a chuckle.
 
“He most certainly does…” is the firm reply from Nodoka while staring at her husband.
 
“Y-yes dear…” is his reply, he can't stand that particular stare of hers.
 
“Since that problem is taken care of, I'll go call Ukyo and make arrangements.”
 
 
Happily, Nodoka begins humming to herself and walks over to the phone. She calls her daughter and it isn't long before the brunette on the other side picks up…
 
“Uc-chan's café, Ukyo speaking…”
 
“Hello dear, it's your mother. How are you doing?”
 
“Oh, I'm just fine… it's a little busy tonight but nothing that Ryoga and I can't handle.”
 
“I'm glad to hear that your business is doing well… I have a surprise for you.”
 
Ukyo wonders what that could be and has mixed feelings about hearing that. “Really?”
 
“I heard that you were a good swimmer…”
 
“Of course, I'm the best at school…” is the proud reply.
 
“Do you remember that hot spring I sent Ranma and Akane to?”
 
Scratching her head a little, Ukyo focuses on that thought and soon remembers. “Yeah… it sounded to me like they had a lot of fun…”
 
“I know they both enjoyed it… so I wanted to send you there next weekend so you can spend some quality time with that handsome boyfriend of yours.” Nodoka says happily.
 
Ukyo is very surprised and it takes several seconds before she can reply. “Mom… that's great… wow…”
 
“I'm glad you like the idea. I'll run your restaurant when you're gone, so you won't lose business… I've already enlisted some help and I'll be doing the cooking…”
 
“You know how to make Okonomiyaki?” the chef asks, not being sure of her mothers' culinary skills.
 
Knowing how devoted Ukyo is to her work, she asks for some help. “Of course… but not as good as you, dear. I'm sure you can give me some pointers before you leave…”
 
Appreciating the compliment, Ukyo decides to go along with the plan. “Sure… just give me a call before stopping by.”
 
“Sounds good, dear. I'll let you get back to work… I'll let you tell Ryoga about the good news…”
 
“I will…”
 
“Talk to you later then, Ukyo…”
 
“Bye mom…”
 

After hanging up the phone, Nodoka grins. `That's all set up… now it's time to make arrangements for both couples… and then I'll tell Ranma and Akane, they seem to be having a good time together today and I don't want to interrupt them…'
 
Getting right to work, the Saotome matriarch makes a few phone calls and then heads to the kitchen for some tea. She sees Nabiki walking downstairs out of the corner of her eye and pauses for a moment. The middle Tendo looks around and then picks up the phone…
 
`She seems to be up to something…' Nodoka thinks as she moves out of sight and starts to listen in.
 
 
“Kuno residence, Tatewaki speaking…”
 
“Kuno-baby… it's Nabiki… I thought about what you said and I…” Nabiki lowers her voice and looks around again. “I'll take you up on your offer. Can I come by in the morning to look at those props? We'll go out after that…”
 
“That sounds amicable to me. I'll be waiting for you then… please come right to my room, Sasuke will let you in.” is the happy reply from Kuno.
 
“I'll see you later then…”

”'Till tomorrow…”
 
 
Nabiki softly hangs up the phone and then quietly heads back upstairs. Nodoka rushes off to find Soun… which doesn't take long- he's still playing “Go” with her husband.
 
 
“I have wonderful news…”
 
“What is it, dear? Did Ukyo say yes?”
 
“Of course, she sounded very happy about the idea. I've got some other good news that I'd like to share with Soun…”
 
That gets Soun's attention right away. “Oh, what's that?”
 
“Your middle daughter seems to have a boyfriend… she was just on the phone with him and they set up a date for tomorrow morning. Isn't that wonderful?”
 
“Nabiki… has a boyfriend? That's news to me… have you heard anything about this, Saotome?”
 
Genma shakes his head. “Nope…”
 
“She's meeting with him tomorrow morning… I think his name was Kuno…”
 
“Kuno? As in Tatewaki Kuno?” Soun asks, knowing of only one possibility.
 
Nodoka nods her head. “Yes…”
 
“I had no idea… I had heard about his turnaround recently… and this new play that her class is putting on. Perhaps they've made some kind of connection…”
 
Seeing an excuse to drink, Genma calls out- “This calls for a celebration!”
 
“Not now, dear… I don't think Nabiki is ready to share this with everyone… I think we should keep it a secret that we know about it. Look what happened to Ranma and Akane when they didn't get their privacy…”
 
“Good point dear…” Genma says with a sigh.
 
 
“It's time to eat…” Kasumi calls out as she enters the room. “I'm bringing out dinner now…”
 
“Thanks Kasumi. I'll go upstairs and get everyone for dinner…” Soun says before heading to get his two daughters and Ranma.
 
 
A gentle knock on the door alerts Ranma and Akane to a visitor. They stop talking and Akane says “Come in”…
 
“I don't mean to intrude… but dinner's ready.” Soun says after opening the door, finding Ranma sitting on Akane's bed and Akane sitting at her desk. `The two must've been talking… that's good to see…'
 
“Great, I'm hungry…” Ranma says as he gets on his feet.
 
“When is that not the case?” Akane says with a grin.
 
“That ain't funny… let's go eat before it gets cold…” Ranma says while offering a hand to Akane, who takes it and stands up. “We'll be right down…”
 
“All right, I'll meet you down there. I have to go and tell your sister it's time to eat…”
 
 
Leaving his younger daughter and her fiancée alone, Soun heads over to Nabiki's door and gently knocks on it.
 
“Yes?” is the reply a moment later.
 
“Dinner's ready, time to eat…”
 
“I'll be right down…” is the reply.
 
 
Nabiki looks at her bed and the three choices of outfits she has laying on top of it. `I wonder which one I should wear? Hmm… maybe the green one… it does show off my figure a bit more. I already know he likes that way I look so I might as well flaunt it… this could be a lot of fun…'
 
 
A few minutes later, Happosai comes bounding in happily, having just made final arrangements for a special order to arrive on Monday. Ranma notices this and comments to himself as the old man sits down at the table…
 
“I wonder what he's so happy about…”
 
 
Happosai catches what Ranma says and decides to let him in on some of the secret. “It's elementary, Ranma. I've just ordered the perfect gi's for our training session…”
 
“That's very nice of you…” Nodoka says, not aware of what the old man is up to.
 
“They better not be anything perverted…” Akane chimes in.
 
“No, no… I did as you two requested. They're tasteful and will help you keep control of your movements…” Happosai says, carefully altering his words to speak the truth… in a sense.
 
Despite the “reassurances” from Happosai, Akane and Ranma have their doubts. Both share a common thought- `The old man's up to something… I just know it.'
 
 
Wanting a new topic at the table, Akane decides to ask about the play. “Nabiki… how's the play shaping up? I'm sure with Kuno involved there'll be no expense spared…”
 
“That's true… I've already seen the costumes and they're quite nice. I'll be checking out the props tomorrow…” Nabiki says, failing of course to mention her date.
 
“That sounds wonderful, I'm sure all of us will be there on opening night…” Kasumi says happily.
 
“Of course, we'll all go as a family…” Soun says, reaffirming that idea.
 
“And that means I'm going, too…” Happosai interjects.
 
“As long as you don't cause any problems… we don't need any surprise gropings in the play…” Nabiki says, chiding the old man.
 
“But they're so much fun… aww…” is the sad reply before Happosai returns to his meal.
 
 
After hearing that, Nabiki begins thinking of a way to stop the old man, in case he tries to sabotage the play with his antics. She's especially worried about herself, due to the revealing nature of the costume…
 
`I'm sure I can figure out a way to stop him… there has to be some kind of trap I can set to keep him out of the way…'
 
Dinner continues and then after it's finished, Kasumi brings out some dessert. Nodoka decides now is the best time to tell Ranma and Akane about her new plans for them…
 
 
“I have a surprise for you and Akane…” Nodoka says while addressing her son.
 
Akane is the first to reply. “What's that?”
 
A smile forms on Nodoka's face. “Since you two had so much fun at that hot spring I sent you to, I'm sending you back again. I'm really proud of both of you… and I like the progress you're making…”
 
Akane is instantly sold on the idea. “Really? That sounds wonderful… Ranma and I had a great time and I even learned how to swim… at least a little bit.”
 
Ranma also likes the idea but decides to play it “cool” and not act so eager. “Yeah, it sounds good ta me… I'll go…”
 
“That's good, I'm glad to see you making the effort my boy…” Genma says before giving Ranma a slap on the back.
 
“Oww…”
 
“Looks like the two lovebirds get another chance to have some… fun together…” Nabiki says with a wink.
 
“It ain't like that…” Ranma says, dismissing her thought.
 
“It's nothing to be embarrassed about, Ranma… I'm sure you and Akane enjoyed your time in the hot springs…” Happosai adds, remembering the trip and his visit to the same place.
 
“It was nice… except for a certain interruption during my swimming lessons…” Akane says, remembering Happosai's little visit.
 
“Yeah, we don't like surprises like that…” Ranma says, also remembering the incident. “I hope there won't be any this time…”
 
 
The others at the table have no idea what they're talking about, nor are Ranma or Akane willing to talk about that incident.
 
“So when do we go?” Akane says, dropping the subject and switching to another.
 
“Next weekend, I've already made reservations. Make sure that you're packed on Friday before heading to school… it'll be the same trains as last time.” Nodoka says before briefing them on some more of the details. During this briefing, Nabiki cannot help but wonder if something happened on their last trip… and decides to talk to Akane about this trip a little later.
 
 
Time passes and everyone goes their separate ways. Both Ranma and Akane start working on their homework for Monday… which leaves Sunday open for time together. Nabiki pays a visit to Akane before going to bed…
 
Leaning against the doorway, Nabiki asks her little sis if she's busy at the moment.
 
“Come on in… I'm taking a break from my homework….”
 
Nabiki walks in and closes the door behind her. Akane motions her sister to sit on the bed next to her, which she does.
 
“I'm so happy for you… you've got the lead in the play, you're in charge of pretty much everything in it, too. I bet those pictures you sent in were just too much for Kuno to ignore.” Akane says, knowing full well what pictures actually convinced him to pick her over the other girls.
 
“I am very charismatic, it's no wonder that he picked me. It doesn't hurt that I have lots of sex appeal, too…” Nabiki says proudly after sitting down next to her sister.
 
Not getting the point, Akane has to ask: “What does that have to do with the play?”
 
Nabiki decides to explain what she means. “It's really simple- sex sells. I don't mind showing off a little… it'll help make this the most profitable play this high school has ever put on.”
 
“I see…” Inwardly, Akane grins. `Looks like you're not the only one that believes that… Kuno does, too. I think Ranma and I really sparked his interest in Nabiki…'
 
“Speaking of sex appeal, have you decided what you're taking with you for your little trip next weekend? You should plan it out now…”
 
“I haven't really thought about it too much… I think I'll go with this for nighttime wear…” Akane says while looking down at her yellow pajamas.
 
“Not bad, sis, but you should take advantage of your private time together… maybe show him some of that lingerie we bought at Naru's…” Nabiki says, followed by a wink.
 
Akane blushes. “I'm not trying to seduce him!”
 
Pressing the point further, Nabiki continues. “Why not? You two are together most of the time… and I'm surprised how far you've come in a short period . You should show him how much you really want him.”
 
“I… I… “ Akane's voice drops. “I do want to do more with him… but I don't want to rush things, either. I've fought too hard to mess things up now… and Ranma's making a lot of efforts just for me. I think we're doing just fine at the moment where we're at.”
 
Accepting Akane's words, the middle Tendo decides not to press the issue further, due to her current situation with Kuno, the possibility of one makes her want to talk about this with Akane, even it's not directly. “Just offering some advice to my sister, that's all…”
 
“Thanks… but I think I've gotten it figured out now. We've both admitted that we really… love each other… that was probably one of the hardest steps of all…” Akane says while a small grin forms on her face.
 
“That is very nice of Auntie Nodoka to give you two another trip like that… she must have a lot of yen to be able to afford that…” Nabiki says, feeling a little jealous about the trip. `Maybe I can go there with Kuno… if it works out in the future…'
 
“I honestly don't know how much money she has… I've never heard her mention her finances once…” Akane admits.
 
“Did you ever get another swimsuit? I remember you used that purple one last time…”
 
“Oh, that. I still have it… it worked the last time… but it was a little small…”
 
An idea suddenly forms in Nabiki's head. “Let's go and get you another one…”
 
“It's already past eight and I'm dressed for bed…” Akane says, not wanting to head out anywhere.
 
“Naru is open until nine… and this way, you'll have the store to yourself. If we do it now, then you can surprise Ranma… and Happosai won't find out about your new purchase, either.”
 
“Hmm… you do make a point there, sis.” Akane mentally deliberates and finally comes up with an answer. “Fine, let's go now…”
 
“I'll go and tell your precious Ranma that you're going out with me, so he doesn't worry.” Nabiki says after standing up. “Be back in a minute, sis…”
 
 
After Nabiki leaves, Akane begins changing back into her street clothes. `I think Nabiki's right… and I need a new suit. I'll feel a whole lot better if I have one that fits me… and I'll be a lot more comfortable and confident.'
 
 
Just down the hallway, Ranma is surprised to hear someone knocking at the door.
 
“Come in…”
 
Turning around, Ranma is expecting to see Akane… but instead finds a grinning Nabiki in her place.
 
“What do you want?”
“Oh, nothing… I'm just here to let you know about a little shopping trip Akane and I are about to go on…”
 
Ranma is surprised to hear that. “At this hour?”
 
“Of course… I have some connections… and I know the owner. We'll be back later, so don't worry about Akane…”
 
“Yeah…”
 
“One more thing, Ranma. She's picking out a new swimsuit, just for you… and maybe some other… intimate things. I'd be ready for some fun next weekend if I was you…”
 
Ranma blushes and decides to say nothing.
 
“I'll send Akane over after we get back…”
 
 
With that, Nabiki leaves and heads over to get her sister. Ranma is unable to get back to his homework for several minutes, he cannot help but think about Akane in her swimsuit from their last trip… and her appearance when he was taking pictures of her and Nabiki.
 
`Is Nabiki kidding? Or is Akane really going to want ta do more wit' me? I guess I'll have to wait and see what my tomboy does… but whatever it is, I'm ready for it…'
 
 
Kasumi sees her two sisters putting on their shoes as she finishes her evening cleaning and wonders where they're going.
 
“You two are heading out at this hour?”
 
“We'll be back a little later, Akane and I have some shopping to do…”
 
“Have fun…” Kasumi says as she waves “bye” to the pair, who quickly make their way to Naru's, wanting to get in before the place clothes for the evening.
 
 
A little bell above the front door rings as the two Tendo's enter the shop. Naru turns and greets her new arrivals.
 
“It's nice to see you two…”
 
“Same here. How's business going?” Nabiki asks, curious about her friends' current finances.
 
Naru has a happy reply to that question. “Very good, it was busy up until about fifteen minutes ago believe it or not. I've had several people from your class stop by…”
 
“The power of advertisement, what can I say?” Nabiki says while shrugging her shoulders.
 
“Same thing for your class, Akane…” Naru says while addressing the younger Tendo.
 
“Well, I did put in a good word for you… I really liked what I bought here last time…” is the reply from the blushing Akane. `Ranma really liked it, too… he thought I looked sexy…'
 
“I appreciate that. What brings you two out so late? Getting some more sexy things to show off to your boyfriend? I was going to close up in thirty minutes… but I can keep the store open just for you two.”
 
Akane blushes even redder then before. “I… have a trip with Ranma next weekend and I need a new swimsuit. My old one is… too small…”
 
“My little sis is finally growing up…” Nabiki adds slyly.
 
“Gee thanks Nabiki…”
 
Naru giggles. “You two are so cute… I think I have just the thing for you, Akane. Don't mind your sister, she's just happy that you're finally grown up and are woman with a fiancée…”
 
“Of course…”
 
“Is there something that you need… since you're here?” Naru says while trying to find out why her friend is here.
 
Nabiki hesitates for a moment before replying. “Hmm… I'll have to think about it.”
 
“No special events coming up?” Naru asks, having a gut feeling there's more to Nabiki's response then meets the eye.
 
 
That comment almost catches Nabiki off guard. “Well… let's help out Akane first and we'll go from there…”
 
Being the discerning person that she is, Naru knows that Nabiki is hiding something which she may or may not reveal later. `Maybe it's something personal… I bet she might've gotten a boyfriend. I'll see what she looks at in the shop and go with my gut feeling.'
 
 
After heading over to the swimsuit area, Akane begins looking around on her own. Noticing that her eyes seem to be on the two-piece suits, Naru offers to help.
 
“Is there a particular bikini style you want?”
 
“Hmm… not really. I just want something nice looking… but supportive…” Akane says, suddenly feeling very self-conscious about her figure.
 
Seeing a chance to tease her sister, Nabiki takes it. “Don't you want to tease Ranma, too? I think you need something more then `nice looking'…”
 
Understanding where both Tendo's are coming from, Naru looks around and then points out a nearby display as a compromise. “How about this series?”
 
Akane takes a look and likes what she sees. “Yeah… maybe these will work. There's so many good colors here, I don't know what to pick…”
 
“What color was your last suit?” Naru asks, wanting to help with this new problem.
 
“Purple…”
 
“So anything but purple… hmm… what color would be good on Akane Tendo…” After looking at the color choices, one catches Naru's eye. “How about this one? It's a darker green and I think it'd work for you. I remember you bought black lingerie last time…”
 
“Yeah… I did. I like darker colors for a lot of my clothing… this green could work…”
 
“And the style is definitely you, Akane…” Nabiki says, putting in her “Two cents” in.
 
“What about something for you, since you're here?” Naru says, nudging her friend.
 
“I'm not the one going swimming with her fiancée next weekend…” is the quick reply.
 
“I see… that does sound like fun. Where are you two going, if you don't mind me asking?”
 
“This hot springs lodge… it's several hours away in the northern part of the country. It's before the bridge to Hokkaido, though…”
 
“Wow, that is far…” Naru says, surprised at the distance. “I hope this will help you be more comfortable and have some fun…”
 
“Do you like hot springs, Naru?” a curious Akane asks.
 
“Of course… I used to live next to one after all. My fiancée Keitaro ran the place… but now that we've moved out, his sister runs it. I think the next vacation we take will be somewhere besides hot springs, though…”
 
“Yeah, I bet you'd want to try something new… hmm.” Akane pauses as another swimsuit catches her eye. “Nabiki…”
 
“Yeah?”
Akane hands her sister a dark blue bikini. “This one's just perfect for you…”
 
Naru studies the suit for a moment and then agrees, especially after Nabiki raises the suit and holds it level to her body. “I agree… your sister has a good eye…”
 
Nabiki thinks about it and then looks down at the suit again. “It's not bad at all… I'll give it a try…”
 
“Great! Just double check the sizes and then meet me in the back, I'm going to start closing up for the night…”
 
 
While Naru begins to close down her shop, the two Tendo's pick out the bikinis they want to try on. After picking out the right size that she needs, Akane's eyes wander around the store and she happens to notice things she hadn't noticed before. There were a few sets that had cat paw prints, as well some sets with little pink cats on them. She thought there were cute, until she made the connection. 'No way..." she thought and then noticed some things with little piggy's on them off on the side. Then on one rack, some things had a duck pattern… next to fishnet stockings with what appeared to be bulls on them.
 
`I don't believe it… she's made her own fashion line using the different curses… I'm impressed… and a little scared.'
 
On her way towards the changing room, Akane's eyes divert over to the sleepwear section where a bunch of robes are hanging on the wall…
 
“Wow, these are nice…” she says after reaching out and touching the fabric on one of the robes. “This feels like silk, it's so soft…”
 
“It is silk… do you like it?” Naru says while walking up to Akane.
 
“Yeah, it looks really elegant and it's so soft… I bet it's really comfortable!” Akane says, taken by all the qualities she likes in her nightwear.
 
“You should try it on then…”
 
Akane sighs aloud. “I bet it's really expensive… I don't think I could afford it…”
 
 
Naru looks around and after seeing Nabiki browsing another section of the store, decides to reveal a secret to Akane. She lowers her voice to a near whisper and then speaks.
 
“I'm not supposed to tell you this… but your sister… she owns part of this store…”
 
That takes Akane completely by surprise. “Really? I had no idea…”
 
“Don't tell her that I told you, she wanted me to keep it a secret…”

”How much does she own?”
 
“One third…”

”No wonder she's advertising the place so much… and with word of mouth, too…”
 
Naru grins. “That's a great way to build a customer base… and it's really cheap, too, compared to other advertising. I gave you a discount last time and I'll give you the “Nabiki rate” again tonight. Anytime you want something, just ask for that rate, okay?”
 
Excited about that idea, Akane nods her head happily. “I'll definitely remember that…”
 
“Good. Now, which robe did you want to try on?”
 
After glancing at the collection on the wall, Akane makes her decision. “This one… I like the color a lot… it's black with a dark purple inner lining…”
 
“Definitely suits you. Are you ready to try these things on?”
 
Akane looks around and tries to find her sister. “Sure… but where's Nabiki?”
 
A grin forms on Naru's face. “I just saw her sneak by while we were talking, it seems that she's picking up something else besides the swimsuit… is there something going on?”
 
“Maybe…” Akane says softly. “I think she got asked out by her classmate Kuno… or maybe it's something for the play she's in.”
 
“That would explain it… she wants to feel comfortable and sexy for her date… I caught a glimpse of what she was carrying. It was a white bra and panty set, one that'd you wear under regular clothes. She's not out to seduce this guy… and it is something she could wear under a costume as well.”
 
“I hope you're right… and that she's not out to seduce Kuno…”
 
 
Naru clears her throat and then begins walking towards the back. “Come on, Akane, let's see how this new swimsuit looks on you…” she calls out, giving Nabiki fair warning of their approach.
 
“How's it going in there, sis?” Akane says while knocking on the door.
 
“Oh, I'm fine…” Nabiki says while quickly removing her current clothing, the new bra and panty set. “Did you find something else you liked?”
 
Realizing that her sister is stalling, Akane plays along. “Yeah… a new black robe… it's really nice. I'm going to try it on now…”
 
“That sounds good… why don't you come back after that and give me your opinion on this new swimsuit…”
 
“Sure thing, sis…”
 
 
Naru tries not to laugh at the situation. `I've never seen Nabiki like this… but then again, she's not very open about these things. I think her sister is much better in that area… and now that we're friends, she trusts me enough to talk about Ranma.'
 
Nabiki changes into her new swimsuit and spends some time posing while waiting for her sister to finish checking out her new robe. A knock on the door indicates Akane's return.
 
“Come in…”
 
The door opens and Akane and Naru step inside. Nabiki sees them enter in the mirror's reflection and turns herself around. “What do you think?”
 
Akane gives her opinion first. “Very nice, Nabiki… I think that blue is perfect for you.”
 
“Looks like a snug fit, too…” Naru says, making her observation. “I'm sure the guys won't be able to stay away…”
 
“I'm sure you're right… men cannot help but stare at me…” Nabiki says, confident about her appearance.
 
“Someone's full of themselves…” Akane says to herself.
 
Nabiki strikes back. “Nice robe, sis… I take it that's for this weekend, too…”
 
“Yeah… I'm going to wear it for the first time after getting out there, I'm sure Ranma will like it…” the younger Tendo admits.
 
“I'm sure he will…” Naru says with a nod. “You picked the one with the horse on it… men like horses…”
 
“I didn't even notice that…” Akane looks down at the front of the robe near her left breast and sees a small white outline of a horse.
 
Nabiki immediately makes the connection between Ranma's name and the animal. “Are you marking yourself as Ranma's “wild horse”, sis?”
 
Akane can't believe she just heard that. “What's that supposed to mean?”
 
“You know as well as I do what his name means… you're out to tame a certain wild horse…”
 
“You have such a dirty mind, Nabiki… shame on you…” Naru says while shaking her head.
 
Playing that comment off, Nabiki simply says “Whatever…”
 
Akane turns away... and with her hand covering the horse, she thinks about how close her hand is to her heart. Her strong blush reduces to a faint one and a strange smile plays across her face… she admits something to herself. `Maybe… maybe I am marking myself as his...'
 
 
“You've seen my swimsuit… where's yours?” Nabiki asks, breaking Akane's concentration.
 
Akane opens her robe and then says “I'm wearing it now… what do you think?”
 
“That's a lot better, sis.” Nabiki says with a grin. She lets Akane respond to that before saying more.
 
“Thanks… I like it too. Thanks for your help Naru.”
 
“It's not a problem. You're easy to shop for… it helps when you're open about what you want…” Naru says while indirectly teasing her friend Nabiki.
 
“You're not `busting' out on this one…”
 
“It wasn't that bad! It was a little small, there wasn't anything hanging out…” the blushing Akane protests loudly.
 
“Relax little sis, I'm just pushing your buttons. It's nice to see you catching up to me and Kasumi…”
 
A purple aura begins forming around Akane as the feelings of anger increase. “I don't appreciate comments like that… I used to get them from Ranma and now they've stopped. I don't want you picking up where he left off…”
 
“Calm down Akane…” Naru says, feeling a little uneasy about what she's witnessing.
 
Akane vents her frustration. “I'm sorry… I just don't appreciate comments like that about my looks, I know I look great and I don't need HER telling me otherwise…”
 
“I was just kidding, Akane…” Nabiki carefully steps closer. “To make it up to you… why don't I pay for your swimsuit.”
 
The purple aura around Akane begins to dissipate and the youngest Tendo extends a hand out.
 
“Deal…”
 
“Good. You were scaring me there for a second…” Nabiki admits, though downplaying the amount of time she was scared- the middle Tendo knows how much of a force her little sister is to reckon with when angered.
 
Naru breathes a sigh of relief. “Now that that's settled, let's get your purchases wrapped up and over to the cash register…”
 
“Sounds good to me…” Akane turns around and heads back to her stall. Naru clears her throat and points at the pile of clothes on the floor.
 
“Did you want your new set wrapped?”
 
Nabiki is surprised that she was caught. “What? How'd you know? I wasn't going to say anything to you until we were ready to pay…”
 
“I know you too well… but don't worry, I won't advertise what I saw.” Naru then adds the words `To anyone else…' in her mind to finish the sentence.
 
Handing the bra and panty set to Naru, Nabiki nods her head. “Thanks… and yeah, put these in a separate bag.”
 
“Sure… I'll meet you up at the register…”
 
Naru closes the door and heads up front to do just that, shaking her head. `It's a good thing that I'm not her sister… or I'd be teasing her a lot about this.'
 
Akane is the first one finished and brings up her selections. Naru puts the swimsuit on the side with the other bag for Nabiki and whispers the discounted price for the robe to Akane… who cannot believe the amount she just heard.
 
“That's not bad… I think I can afford it…” Akane says while taking out the money out of her purse. “Thanks a lot…”
 
Ringing up the purchase, Naru takes the money and gives Akane her change. “No problem…”
 
“Hurry up Nabiki, I'm ready to close…” Naru cries out, aiming her voice towards the back. “I'm sure my fiancée is wondering why I'm not home yet…”
 
The two hear the door open in the back of the shop and see Nabiki rush forward. “I'm coming…”
 
“It's about time…” Naru says, pretending to be angry and to mess with Nabiki a little.
 
“Here's the swimsuit… how much do I owe you for everything?”
 
After packing the swimsuit, Naru rings up Nabiki's order and then applies the special discount.
 
“Five thousand yen…”
 
Akane feigns amazement as Nabiki searches her wallet for a 5000 yen bill. “That's so cheap… I thought these were designer swimsuits… you must be really good friends with Naru here…”
 
“I am, sis, I am…” Handing the bill to Naru, the brunette grabs her two bags and begins heading for the door.
 
“See you two later… and thanks for stopping in!” Naru happily exclaims as the two Tendo's head out of her store. `What a night… I guess I'd better call Keitaro and let him know where I'm at…'
 
 
Akane and Nabiki talk a little on the way home and for one of the few times in her life, Akane is glad that her sister dragged her along for one of her little shopping trips. The two sisters go their separate ways after getting upstairs… Akane quickly hides her new bag in her closet and returns to her homework, since Ranma is already asleep. Nabiki takes out her new lingerie and places it on the bed next to her outfit for tomorrow. `Now I'm ready to go…'
 
 
Across town at Uc-chan's café, Ukyo is shutting down for the night. She locks the front door and then heads back to the sink to help Ryoga with the last of the dishes…
 
“I've been meaning to ask you, Ukyo, who called earlier?”
 
“That was mom… I was going to tell you after we finished cleaning up but now's a good a time as any. I've got good news!” Ukyo says happily.
 
Ryoga is extremely curious. “Yeah? What happened?”
 
“You and I… are going on a trip together next weekend! Mom's sending us to that hot spring resort Akane and Ranma went to.”
 
“That does sound like fun…” Ryoga says while a saucy grin begins forming on his face. `Ukyo and I… in a hot spring… alone…'
 
Ukyo notices that her boyfriend is now daydreaming about it already and decides to have some fun with him. “Since I am such a good swimmer, I think I'm going to do some swimming there…”
 
That catches Ryoga off guard. “Swimming?”
 
“Ranma did teach Akane to swim there, so the pools must be large. How well can you swim, Ryoga?”
 
Ryoga fills with pride. “Pretty good, actually.”
 
“Then I'm sure you won't mind swimming with me…”
 
“Of course not… but aren't hot springs for… you know…” Ryoga cannot help but blush.
 
“Ryoga… you're not seeing me naked. I had no idea you were thinking about me like that…” Ukyo says, knowing that wasn't entirely true… and not saying that she's guilty of thinking of certain things about him as well.
 
“No, no… I didn't mean that… I thought we could soak together with towels on… I didn't mean naked…” Ryoga says, clarifying what he'd like to do.
 
“Maybe… if you're good. I'll see how comfortable I feel with everything after we get there… I don't want to rush this…”
 
Ryoga shakes his head. “Me neither. I care for you too much… and I don't want to lose you, Ukyo…”
 
“Neither do I…”
 
The two hug each other for several minutes, neither one wanting to let go. Ukyo places a kiss on his cheek and then the two let go of each other.
 
“Let's go to bed and we'll talk about it more in the morning. Mom said she'd run the place while we were gone, so I won't lose any business…”
 
“That's very nice of her… and yeah, let's get some sleep. It's been a long day…”
 
“You got that right, sugar…”
 
 
Ukyo and Ryoga change for bed and then go to sleep, both dreaming about a new fantasy- hot springs.
 
 
End Part A
 
Start Part B
 
Thanks to Daniel/excel 92 for the preread on this part.
 
 
The crack of dawn on Sunday finds Akane and Ranma awake and sipping on some tea downstairs, courtesy of the early rising Kasumi.
 
“I can't believe that you're up this early…” Ranma says to the elder Tendo.
 
“I always get up at this hour. I want to make sure that you two are ready for your morning jogs on weekends…” is her reply.
 
“Thanks, sis… Ranma and I have made this a routine… and it's fun.” Akane says while glancing at Ranma.
 
“That's nice… you've made time to spend with each other. I'm happy to see that…”
 
 
Both teens nod their heads and then finish their tea. “We're off, sis… see you later!”
 
Kasumi waves to Akane, who waves back as she leaves the room. Ranma and Akane get their shoes at the door and are soon on their way, doing their usual jogging route. Near the park, the halfway point, the pair decide to race each other to the bench… it's a close finish.
 
“I got yah!” Ranma says as he touches the bench, just a few seconds before Akane does.
 
“Just barely…”
 
The two teens pause to catch their breaths… and then sit down on the bench.
 
“Not bad, tomboy…” Ranma says while tilting his head back and looking up at the blue sky and the wispy clouds.
 
“Thanks… I'm getting better. I'm sure I'll be ready for some more swimming lessons…”
 
Ranma grins. “Yeah… that's true. At least you're not drowning when I let go…”
 
“That's not funny, Ranma…” Akane says before gently punching Ranma in the arm. “It's one of my weaknesses… like my cooking…”
 
“I wouldn't worry about it, you're already doin' good wit' the swimming… I'm sure you'll learn how to cook… without putting anyone in danger…”
 
Akane sighs and then softly says: “At least I can boil water right…”
 
Seeing how distressed she is about this, Ranma gently places a hand on her shoulder. “Akane… don't get depressed about it…”
 
“I'll try…” is her softly spoken reply as her eyes are drawn to the passing clouds. “Maybe I should think about something else… like volleyball…”
 
“Yeah, ain't the season for that startin' soon?”
 
Akane smiles. “I can't wait… it'll be nice to be playing something again, since the gymnastics season is over…”
 
“You just go from one thing to the next… you're quite the athlete…” Ranma admits out loud.
 
“Thanks, Ranma… I do like sports. I guess it's another form of training for me… baseball, volleyball, tennis, gymnastics… it's enough to keep a girl in shape…”
 
Ranma nods his head. “I knew it was more then your martial arts training that kept you in shape… and now I realize what the other things are…”
 
“Well… I think the same goes for you, I've seen you play baseball and basketball here… that's something new for you, right?”
 
“Yeah, we didn't play anythin' like that while on the road… but sports make for an interesting challenge…”
 
“Definitely.” Akane has another thought. “I remember when you first came here… we were in P.E. and I noticed you staring at me… I'll bet it was more then me in a gym uniform you were staring at…”
 
A small grin forms on Ranma's face as he prepares to admit something he hasn't before. “I… liked the fact that you're athletic… it really goes wit' that `tomboy' theme you got going…”
 
Akane puts her hand in Ranma's and holds it. “Ah-ha… so you liked that right from the beginning. I knew it… deep inside, I knew there was more to you then meets the eye. I'm glad I got a chance to see it…”
 
“Me too… though I think sometimes you're too much tomboy to handle…”
 
Feigning ignorance, Akane says only one word. “Me?”
 
“Yeah… dealin' with girls is still new for me, it's not like the art… I don't have lots of practice…”
 
“Well, I don't have much practice, either… I had to deal with Kuno's declaration and the result of that before you came, so I really wasn't looking for my `baka'…”
 
“At least we both know what we like now…” Ranma says before squeezing her hand. “Each other…”
 
Resting her head on Ranma's shoulder, Akane has a very simple response to that statement. “Yeah…”
 
 
The pair rest for a while and watch the clouds go by… there's really no one in the park so people watching is not an option. About twenty minutes later, a familiar set of people walks by in the distance…
 
“Is that my sister?” Akane says, straining her eyes to try and get a positive lock on the figure.
 
“Could be… looks who's walking behind her…” Ranma says while observing Tatweki Kuno following the brunette.
 
“Looks like they're headed towards that French restaurant… maybe it's a breakfast date?”
 
“It could be… and he can afford to eat that stuff… you remember how much the bill was when I fought…”
 
Akane interrupts that thought. “Don't remind me… that still creeps me out, the way they eat with those long tongues.”
 
 
The curious pair sneak closer and stay out of sight as the follow their quarry… who do indeed stop at a French restaurant.
 
“It looks like our plan worked…” Akane says in a whisper to Ranma.
 
“Good… let's get out of here… I don't wanna be accused of being like Nabiki… by Nabiki…” Ranma says while gently tugging on Akane's sleeve. “Besides, you and I can train together with less interruptions back at the dojo…”
 
“That's true… let's get out of here…”
 
 
The pair move away and head back to the Tendo dojo for some training, leave Nabiki and Kuno to their date…
 
 
“I've always wanted to come here… but it was too expensive…” Nabiki notes after looking at the menu.
 
“No cost is too much for you, fair Nabiki…” is the warm reply back from Kuno while picking out his breakfast choices.
 
 
A slight blush plays across Nabiki's face… it's a few moments before she can reply back.

“Thanks…”
 
“'Tis not a problem. I appreciate your rising so early for this occasion…”
 
Nabiki nods her head. “I normally don't on a Sunday… that's more of Ranma and Akane's style… but I can make an occasional exception. I'm eager to see those new props- you said that they'd arrived this morning?”
 
After lowering his menu, Kuno smiles back at his date. “Yes, and I think that you will be most pleased with my choices in that matter. I expect this to be a successful venture, don't you?”
 
“Of course… you picked the best looking woman in school for your lead actress… and a costume to go with it… I can see lots of profits with this play. We'll have to set up popcorn and soda vendors as well… to really cash in fully.”
 
A wide grin forms on Kuno's face. “You have quite the sharp mind when it comes to money matters…”
 
“Of course” Nabiki says matter-of-factly. “Those are my forte…”
 
 
Before Kuno can reply back to that, the waiter comes over and takes their respective orders. The two engage in small talk while waiting for the food- most of it surrounds the upcoming play but a few personal questions slip in… and both learn a little more about the other.
 
Breakfast arrives and Nabiki digs in like there's no tomorrow, causing some slight embarrassment to Kuno.
 
“You eat like you've not had any food for days…”
 
“It's good… and I'm really hungry. I guess Ranma's eating habits have rubbed off on me a little…” Nabiki says with a shrug.
 
“Ranma… yes, I do remember hearing about that habit before… but please enjoy the food…”
 
Nabiki slows down a little and mentally chides herself for acting like that. `Why am I in such a hurry? This isn't bad… talking with him. The food is very tasty, too… what am I afraid of?'
 
After seeing her slow down, Kuno decides to tease her a little. “That's better…”
 
Nabiki rolls her eyes and says nothing, finishing her breakfast in silence. Kuno finishes eating his food, taking an occasional glance at the brunette on the other side of the table. `She is beautiful… she's got a unique personality, that's for sure…'
 
 
While the breakfast date is going on, Sasuke is busy assembling the new props and placing them into a transport wagon for transport to the school on Monday.
 
`Master Kuno is counting on me… I hope his date is going okay…'
 
 
It isn't long before the two arrive back at the Kuno estate… Nabiki sees Sasuke working and walks over to investigate…
 
“What do you think, Miss Tendo? Will these props work for your play?” the ninja asks as Nabiki approaches.
 
After looking over the props inside the wagon and those outside, Nabiki gives her answer. “They look fine to me…”
 
“I'm glad they meet with your approval…” Kuno says with a grin.
 
“By the way… since I'm here… you won't mind if I put my costume on again for a while…”
 
“No, please go right ahead. It is still hanging on the wall, right where you left it…”
 
After nodding her head, Nabiki turns and leaves… Kuno cannot believe his luck. `She appears to like me… and what I've done for the class… things are going well so far…'
 
“Good work, Sasuke… the young maiden liked your work…”
 
The ninja bows his head. “Thank you, sir. I'm glad… and it's good to see you out and about again… with a clear mind…”
 
 
That comment gets Kuno thinking for a moment. He silently nods his head back and then says softly “Yes… it is quite refreshing…”
 
 
While the pair outside talk, Nabiki is Kuno's room once again, changing into her costume. After doing so, she poses in the mirror and gazes at her reflection.
 
`Looking good… I just love this costume! This new Kuno really isn't bad… and he doesn't really mind what I've done before- he seems fascinated by me.'
 
The middle Tendo begins walking around the room, gazing at the pictures of herself that Sasuke took. Her eyes notice something sticking out of a white envelope on his desk… and after a closer look, she notices that it has her name on it.
 
`What is this, more pictures of me?'
 
Nabiki's curiosity gets the best of her and she takes the picture into her hand and looks at the front side. It slips from her hands almost right away…
 
Anger begins to build as she thinks aloud about what she just saw. “What the hell? How'd he get pictures of me in that? I've only worn that once… when I was talking to Akane after we bought lingerie that last time…”
 
 
A knocking on the door is heard a moment later… signaling Kuno's arrival.
 
“Are you decent, fair Nabiki?”
 
Bucking her anger for the moment, she takes a deep breath and then says “Come in”
 
 
The door opens and Kuno sees her standing by his desk… her face appearing to be quite red.
 
“Is something wrong?” he says while closing the door. “Your face is red…”
 
“Yes, something's wrong…” Nabiki picks up the fallen picture and holds it in front of Kuno. “Where the hell did you get this picture from?”
 
“I got that and the others in this envelope here…” Kuno takes the white envelope and holds it up. “Your sister and Ranma gave me this… they said that you were too embarrassed to submit your picture entry in person…”
 
Not believing that she just got swindled by her own sister and Ranma… Nabiki utters the only word that seems to come to mind at that moment. “WHAT?”
 
“I would not lie about such things… these are quite telling pictures…”
 
“I'm sure they are, me in that…” The red blush on Nabiki's face grows by the second. “Never mind…”
 
“In all fairness, I was considering you for the part in the play before I got these… though they did influence my choice a little… in all honesty…” Kuno says, deciding the best course of action was to be honest with his friend… which would help avoid complications later.
 
“I… don't know what to say. My own sister… sold me out. Damn it, how'd she get so smart?”
 
“I had no idea that you did not approve of this… they said it was for your entry… and that you were feeling… lonely as of late…”
 
“Of course I am…” Nabiki suddenly realizes what she said out loud and places her hands over her mouth.
 
“I apologize… for any embarrassment…”
 
Nabiki steps back and takes several deep breaths before taking her hands off of her mouth. “Kuno…”
 
“Yes?” is the reply back with some slight hesitation, the young man not knowing what to expect next.
 
After some internal debate, the brunette speaks her mind like she's never done before. “The date… it was fine. The props are fine… the costume is fine… even the pictures are fine… but I need an honest answer… do you like me for more then what you see in those pictures? Do you want more then just my body?”
 
 
Silently, Kuno walks towards her. Every step that he takes makes her heart beat faster and faster… soon he's standing right in front of her.
 
“No… it is more than desire of that sort that I feel for you…”
 
“Oh…” is about all Nabiki can manage to say.
 
 
After a few awkward moments, Kuno decides to make a move and gently embraces the brunette in front of him. She blushes and unsure of how to respond to this action… and to these feelings inside…
 
`He's holding me… and it feels good. I've never felt quite like this before…'
 
Kuno thinks about the woman he's holding as her head moves to look up at him.
 
`She truly is a goddess on earth… and those eyes…'
 
 
“Kuno?”
 
“Yes?”
 
“T-thank you… for everything…” Nabiki says, struggling to get the words out just right.
 
Gently releasing the young woman from his embrace, Kuno takes a few steps backward. “It was my pleasure…”
 
 
A silent nod is the response to that before Nabiki asks another question. “Can I borrow this costume? I'd like to take it home with me…”
 
Kuno wholeheartedly agrees with the idea. “Of course, it is yours and was custom made for you…”
 
“Thanks… I'll be changing and then heading out… we'll talk tomorrow in school?”
 
“Of course…”
 
Tatewaki bows and then leaves the room, allowing Nabiki a chance to change back into her regular street clothes. He sits outside on the porch and watches Sasuke load up the remaining props.
 
 
Back in Kuno's room, Nabiki changes back into her street clothes and carefully places the dress back into the plastic wrapping in which it came. She walks over to his desk and quickly thumbs through the offending envelope, taking mental stock of its contents before departing for home, dress en tow.
 
 
About twenty five minutes later, after making a brief stop in room to change into her costume, Nabiki heads out to the dojo, where she wants to do two things- confront her sister and Ranma about the pictures… and show off her new costume.
 
 
“Ahem…” the middle Tendo clears her throat and then makes a pose. “What do you think?”
 
Akane and Ranma turn around and look at the costume… the pigtailed martial artist cannot help but blush a little at the view. Of course, Akane notices this and elbows her fiancée… causing Nabiki to grin.
 
“Even Ranma has a reaction to this… I guess it really is sexy, like Kuno-baby said it is.”
 
Ranma wisely says nothing and Akane says a few words. “It looks nice… is that the costume for the play?”
 
“Yes, it is… but I was amazed at how well he made this… the proportions are all perfect…”
 
Akane is silent for a moment and then shrugs her shoulders. “Either he guessed right… or he found out from someone… he does have the money to do that… and you know that money talks…”
 
“It certainly does… but sometimes free is just as dangerous...” Nabiki says, not totally believing that she just said that.
 
Akane's stare meets her sisters and there's a moment of silence before Nabiki gets to the point.
 
“I know… it was you two… that give him those pictures of me…” the middle Tendo says, not concealing her anger very well.
 
 
Of course, Akane's response back isn't well concealed either… she's quite vocal to say the least…
 
"What? You're upset about some photos of a revealing nature being sold to Kuno? Photos of you in revealing clothes... that were taken by someone you trusted NOT to take advantage of you?"
 
Akane's voice had raised to the point that Nabiki was very surprised that everyone in the house had not come running to check on her. However, after listening to Akane, Nabiki had the decency to look ashamed as she was getting mad over the same things that she had done to her little sister, and Ranma, many times. Ranma was about to yell at Nabiki, but in the times he had spent with Akane it allowed him to recognize when Akane was very upset. Placing his hand on her shoulder, he gently turned her around.
 
"I hated it! I hated it that my own sister was taking pictures of me... and... and selling them to every damn pervert in the school!" Her voice suddenly hitched as tears started to fall from her eyes.
 
"Every day... every day I could hear them talking about me... about my... my breasts... and my... my... dear God why the hell did they have to talk about that!" She began to cry more at that as Ranma pulled her closer.
 
Nabiki looked at her crying sister and for the first time in a long time she felt remorse over what she had done.
 
"Do you... do you know what it's like knowing… that some perverted boy is thinking about you... and... and... touching himself!" Her body trembled even more at that. "I... I caught one of the bastards doing that... calling my name in some closet at the school! When I saw what he was doing... I... I ran away..."
 
"Akane..." Ranma said softly as he held her.
 
"I just couldn't stand it. I... I wanted to kill him."
 
That declaration had both Nabiki's and Ranma's eyes opened wide. "But I didn't do anything... I just... ran away..." She cried some more and with each tear that fell, Nabiki felt worse that she had before.
 
"And then... and then you came along..." Akane said looking up at Ranma. "I guess I didn't help things much did I?" he said softly.
 
"No baka... you didn't. But... but I've changed... I want... I want to... to be..." she blushed heavily, and seeing her blush, Ranma's own awakening imagination ran wild causing him to blush. But before either could say a word about it, Nabiki's voice could be heard.
 
 
"I... I'm sorry..." Nabiki said softly as she moved to bow low before her sister. "I... never thought that much about it I guess... I never wanted to hurt you like this. I... I'm sorry." As she spoke, tears began appearing in Nabiki's eyes, tears that the former Ice Queen did not even try to wipe away.
 
Akane's hold on Ranma increases as she lets her emotions flow. Ranma does his best comfort her, gently rubbing her back and caressing her hair… things that made her feel good.
 
While Ranma tries to comfort his fiancée, Nabiki observes what he's doing and thinks about what she sees…
 
`He's really doing his best to confort her… and he didn't even snap back at me… I hurt him, too… even worse then Akane… some of those pictures left little to the imagination…'
 
Not able to take much more of this, Nabiki makes her exit. “I'm sorry…”
 
 
Ranma watches her leave and realizes that she's sincere about that. He gently massages Akane's shoulders for a few moments and the young woman looks up… and sees tears in his eyes, too…
 
“Akane… I don't like seeing people cry… especially you…”
 
“I know… but thank you for helping me…” she says as she tries to smile. “I think something good will come of this… I'm not trying to change her, but what she did to us hurt…”
 
“Yeah… I have no idea how many pictures of us she took since I got here…” Ranma says, trying to bring a smile to Akane's face with a half-hearted attempt at a joke.
 
“I'd hate to see the film and development fees…” Akane says with a grin.
 
“Yeah…”
 
“Ranma… hold me for a while… and then we'll go get lunch…”
 
“Sure…” Ranma says before pulling her back against him. Both teens feel comforted by the presence of the other…
 
 
While Ranma and Akane comfort each other, Nabiki is inside the kitchen, digging up a snack for herself. Kasumi walks into the room and is surprised by her sisters' outfit.
 
“That's a… unique costume Nabiki…”
 
“Oh, Kasumi…” Nabiki turns around and closes the door to the refrigerator. “Thanks… what do you think? It was custom made by Kuno…”
 
Kasumi looks at the front of her sisters' costume and notices the unique design… and how much of her upper body is showing…
 
“It's quite… revealing…”
 
“Oh come on, sis… it's not that bad… but I do have the figure for something like this…” Nabiki says before grinning.
 
“Are you sure that's…”
 
“Proper?” Nabiki says, finishing her sisters' sentence. “Maybe not… for the setting of the play… but sex appeal sells…”
 
Kasumi blushes. “I suppose…”
 
“I just had an idea…”
 
“Yes?” Kasumi says, not sure if she really wants to know.
 
“I think you'd look great in something like this… maybe you could act out something for a certain doctor…” Nabiki says while nudging her sister.
 
 
The blush on Kasumi's face grows in intensity as she gives in to the thought and picture herself in Nabiki's outfit…
 
`Oh my… I'd be showing off my behind… and my chest… to him…'
 
 
“I see you like the idea…” Nabiki says, making an observation based on her sisters' lack of response.
 
“I… I…” Kasumi covers her face with her hands. A few moments later, the fingers move slightly and reveal her eyes… the curious middle Tendo moves closer.
 
“Yes, sis?”
 
“Maybe…” is about all the blushing woman will say before making her exit, heading back up to her room. She stands in front of her mirror and thinks about what Nabiki said to her.
 
`This is the second time she's done this to me… made me think about these things… but inside… I do want Doctor Tofu… I wish he'd notice me… which he would I'm sure with an outfit like hers… it'd go great with that special lingerie I was wearing the last time she teased me like this…'
 
Kasumi's eyebrows go up and then the oldest Tendo shakes her head and dismisses the thought.
 
“I think Nabiki is influencing me too much… I nearly said yes…”
 
Kasumi lies down on her bed and looks up at the ceiling…
 
“I do believe her… but I'm not ready for measures like that. I'm not like her…” the oldest Tendo says softly to herself while drifting off to sleep… daydreaming of Doctor Tofu.
 
 
After eating a quick snack downstairs, Nabiki heads back upstairs and changes out of her costume, carefully hanging it up. She admires herself in the mirror…
 
`That set I bought last night was nice and comfortable, just like I thought it would be. It worked for the regular clothes and the costume… I was confident and sexy today. Kuno-baby certainly took notice… I guess I'll have to thank Ranma and Akane. I hurt them… and they still want to see me happy… even after all that…'
 
 
Nabiki makes a mental note to try and be nicer to her sister… and to retire her camera… at least when it comes to them…
 
The rest of the day goes by without incident. The new school week doesn't bring much out of the ordinary to the inhabitants. An anxious Cologne awaits her great-granddaughter's return from China…
 
 
Thursday morning brings the couple back to Nerima… they immediately head inside and close the door.
 
“You're back…” Cologne says as she hops over on her stick. “How was the trip?”
 
“It was fun… my mother was very happy to see me… and she really liked Shampoo. Now that she got to meet her in person…”
 
“Shampoo very happy to meet mother-in-law…”
 
“That's good… how is she doing?”
 
“She's doing okay for the moment… I'm still worried about her health, though…” Mousse says with a hint of sadness in his voice. “We almost ran into someone else… some of Shampoo's friends…”
 
“No friends of Shampoo…” the Amazon shakes her head. “Mousse kidding… Shampoo see Pink and Link… almost spotted…”
 
“Oh…” Cologne becomes immediately concerned. “That was a dangerous mission… but if you weren't spotted, then we're safe… for now.”
 
Nodding his head, Mousse acknowledges that thought. “I agree…”
 
“Shampoo tired… long day…”
 
“You two unpack and take it easy… I'll take care of things down here. If you're up to it, you can help me at dinner…”
 
Shampoo happily nods her head and grabs her suitcase. Mousse bows and then does the same thing, leaving the Amazon matriarch alone on the floor of the restaurant.
 
`It seems like that was a close call… but at least he got to visit his mother. I forgot to mention the note I received this morning… it can wait until later…'
 
 
Later that day, after the dinner rush is over, Cologne hands the note to Shampoo… who eagerly reads the note…
 
“Amazon sister invite Shampoo over… she say that new training uniforms are in…”
 
“Training uniforms?” a curious Mousse asks aloud.
 
“Yes, all Amzon sisters receiving special training… want to learn how Akane won in big battle…”
 
“Hmm… I see. And who will be teaching these techniques?” Cologne asks, wondering who the instructor would be.
 
“Perverted old man teach techniques to Akane… Shampoo have no choice but to take training through him…”
 
“Be careful… I'm sure he's not going to keep his hands to himself…” Mousse says with a cautionary note of voice.
 
 
A slight blush forms on the young Amazon warrior and she pulls her airen into a very intimate embrace. She whispers a few words in his ear.
 
Airen only one that get to touch Shampoo… no worries…”
 
“Okay… good…” the now blushing Mousse says back.
 
 
After a gentle parting kiss on the cheek, Shampoo lets go and heads over to the Tendo house, leaving her husband and great-grandmother to run the restaurant and debate the wisdom of such training…
 
 
Up in Akane's room, the youngest Tendo looks at the small stack of boxes in the center of her room, Each one of the five boxes has a name tag attached to it…
 
`I'm almost afraid to open the box… it's a special order from Happosai… and despite what he said, I just know it's going to be ecchi in some way…'
 
 
A gentle knock on the door signals the arrival of another Amazon sister. “Are you in there, Akane?”
 
“Ukyo… come on in.”
 
 
The brunette chef opens the door and steps inside, closing the door behind her. “What's with all the boxes, sugar?”
 
“Out training uniforms… though I'm a little afraid to open them.”
 
Ukyo thinks this dilemma through for a moment and then comes up with a solution. “Hmm… you think the old man is up to something… why don't we wait until the rest of the girls arrive… then we'll open the boxes….”
 
“That sounds good… but Ranma won't be back for over thirty minutes- he had to go with Kasumi to the market for groceries…”
 
“I think we can handle it without him… let's just wait until Kodachi and Shampoo arrive…”
 
The pair wait and it isn't long before the Black Rose arrives followed soon thereafter by Shampoo. The four women take the boxes with their names and place them in their lap, leaving Ranma's in the middle of the room.
 
 
“Who's going first?” Kodachi asks, showing some of her worry about the contents of the box.
 
“Shampoo will… Shampoo not afraid of surprise…”
 
 
After taking a deep breath, Shampoo starts removing the ribbon off of the box. After accomplishing that, she removes the lid and places it on the floor next to her.
 
“Shampoo see new uniform… look like shirt… and shorts…”
 
The other three look inside the now open box and shrug their shoulders.
 
“It doesn't look too bad…” Ukyo says.
 
“It appears to have some writing on it…” Kodachi says, noticing two English letters written on it.
 
“Shampoo hold up shirt… so all sisters can see ..”
 
After saying that, the young woman holds up the white shirt. All four girls read the words on the shirt aloud….
 
“Hooters of Nerima…”
 
The brunette is the first to react. “What the hell is a Hooters? And why is there an owl on the shirt?”
 
Akane sighs aloud. “I've heard of the place… but there isn't one here in Nerima. Must be wishful thinking by the old man…”
 
“Akane, what is this place?” Kodachi says before looking at the small pair of shorts that Shampoo is holding up.
 
“Leave it to the old man to make up something like this… Hooters is a restaurant that's known for it's wings… and busty waitresses in tight fitting outfits like this. The white top is for us to show off our chests… and the shorts…”
 
“Our butts. Great, just great… the old man wants to live out another one of his sick fantasies with us….” Ukyo says before rolling her eyes.
 
Seeing a positive side to this, the purple haired Amazon grins. “Shampoo want to try outfit out… could be sexy for airen…”
 
“Leave it to Shampoo to think of that…” Akane says softly to herself. `Still… she is thinking about other uses… I bet my baka would like to see me in this- I'll see how he reacts…'
 
Kodachi sighs aloud. “I guess we should change so when Ranma comes back, we can get started…”
 
“Kodachi's right… let's change and see how we look in these… outfits…” Akane says that last part with a soft sigh, trying to think about the only redeeming quality of an outfit like this… which causes her to realize something.
 
`I'm becoming more perverted all the time… but at least it's over someone I really want…'
 
 
After helping out Kasumi with a grocery run, Ranma heads upstairs and knocks on Akane's door.
 
“Hold on…” a voice calls from within.
 
The door opens a little and a box pushed through before it shuts again… Ranma wonders what's going on.
 
“Hey, what's wit' the box?”
 
“It's your uniform… go change…” Akane says in return.
 
Picking up the box, Ranma looks at it cautiously. “Oh, so he finally delivered `em, huh…”
 
“On second thought, hold on a second Ranma… I have something else you're going to need…”
 
Wondering what his fiancée means, Ranma patiently waits outside the door. A few moments later, the door opens and Akane's hand appears, along with something else…
 
“What's the bra for?” Ranma says, gazing at the white garment.
 
“Trust me, you're going to need it. You don't want to be bouncing around for the old man, do you?”
 
“Hell no…” Ranma says before grabbing the garment. “I'll be right back…”
 
 
On the way to his room, the pigtailed martial artist cannot help but wonder about the contents of the box. `It must really be somethin' showy… if Akane would go through the trouble of giving me one of her bras…'
 
 
After making a pit stop in the bathroom for a quick splash of cold water, Ranma-chan closes the door and opens the box…
 
“What the hell is Hooters? It says Hooters of Nerima… I ain't never heard of such a place…”
 
After shrugging her shoulders, Ranma-chan undresses and puts the shorts on first… and immediately notices how snug they are.
 
`Leave it to the old pervert to make us wear somethin' like this… I'm sure the top won't be any better…'
 
 
The redhead reaches for the bra and puts it on, struggling a little with fastening the back clasps.
 
`I don't wear these things too often… but the old man's gonna get enough of a show, I ain't give him no more then I have ta… hmm. This is kinda tight…'
 
After some slight adjustments, Ranma-chan puts on the white top and gazes at herself in the mirror.
 
`I can't believe I'm doing this… wearing this outfit… but I guess it's what it takes to learn these new techniques. I'm sure the others aren't likin' these uniforms, either…'
 
 
Akane hears a knock on her door again and she turns and looks at her Amazon sisters.
 
“Are you girls ready?”
 
“Ready as we'll ever be…” Ukyo comments to no one in particular.
 
 
The youngest Tendo opens the door and prepares to join Ranma-chan outside in the hallway. The five women head down to the dojo, some nervous, some pissed off at the costume… but all have one common thought- get this over with as soon as possible.
 
Nabiki silently heads over to the dojo herself and climbs up on the roof to a special spot she had made earlier, in order to “view” activity inside without being seen.
 
`I really wanted to take my camera… I had to fight that urge. I'll just enjoy the show for myself… I'm sure these five will put on a good show…'
 
 
To be continued in Chapter 16: Training with the Happy Owl
 
I hope that you liked the chapter and pardon the wait, I had no laptop for almost a month, it threw off my whole schedule.
 
I'm running an art contest and I've had two people draw their takes on what the five Ranma girls would look like in Hooters outfits. Check these two links out for better visualization of the upcoming scene in the dojo!
 
#1- http://lilineko.deviantart.com/art/Girls-of-Ranma-HOOTERS-theme-89129459
#2- http://keidashu.deviantart.com/art/New-Training-Uniforms-89209850
 
I also had someone draw that scene when Ranma was taking pics of Nabiki (and Akane) in their lingerie- check that out here! http://grandchaossr.deviantart.com/art/Voyeur-Akane-and-Nabiki-88152999
 
Don't forget “Hooters make you happy!” Until next time…