Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Skirting the Issue ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Skirting the issue
by Louise McCrowe

Nodoka walked quietly through the corridor, a basket full of clean laundry on her arms. She was helping Kasumi out with the laundry, trying to make herself useful ever since she became a permanent houseguest of the Tendo family (at least until their house had been rebuilt). The basket in her arms was pleasantly toasty warm, just like clean pressed laundry should be.

As Nodoka approached Ranma's room, her hands already picking out the various Chinese shirts her son seemed to fancy ("I must do something about that," she thought, "A proper Japanese young man should wear proper Japanese clothing"), she heard a few odd noises emanating from it. Curious, she opened the door, just a crack at first, then more.

Inside, she saw Ranma struggling with a button, quite audibly so.

"Ranma, what are you doing, wearning that kilt?" she said, coming in the room.

Ranma stopped, frozen in his tracks. he was barechested, a skirt around his waist, where said button was located. Thrown on the dresser was a pair of black pantyhose, a lacy red bra, and a silk blouse. Spread out unorderly on top of the dresser were a few more bras along with some panties.

"Mom?! What are you doing home? I thought you were out at the grocery store!" Ranma said, after snapping out of his initial shock.

"Oh, no," she replied, placing his laundry in the closet. "Nabiki offered to do it for me. She was very eager to help, as well. So, have you been watching Braveheart again? Why the kilt?"

Ranma looked at her sheepishly. "Uh, mom? Y'know, uh, this ain't..." he trailed off.

"Is it a knee-length robe, then?" she asked.

Ranma composed himself, finally buttoned the rebel button, straightened his clothes, and said:

"It's not a kilt, mother, it's a skirt!" he finally declared.

"What?" she said, slightly taken aback.

"Yes, mother, it's true. I wear girls' clothing. Pantyhose, panties, ribbons, you name it, I've worn it. Yes, mother, even skirts."

"Oh, sweetheart, I understand how you are forced to wear women's clothing because of your curse..." she said in the most compassionate voice she could muster.

"I don't wear them only while a woman, mother. I usually practice while a man as well."

"What? Why?" she asked.

"I need the practice. I use my feminine charms to get all sorts of favors from men, and I do it often. I," he said, batting his eyelashes, "even have a fanclub, did you know that?"

"Where is that accent coming from?" Nodoka asked.

"That is my charming accent, which always manages to get me free food. Are you shocked, mother? Never imagined your son had it in him, did you?"

Nodoka looked at her son in silence for a few seconds. She finished arranging the clothes, then picked a pair of shoes from the floor.

"These match your skirt better, honey."

-----

This was done as a cure for my writer's block on my other fic, Ranito. If you recognize the scene this little vignette was based on, this would probably be a lot more enjoyable. Anyway, it made my size limit, so I'm posting it. If at all interested in my other fics, they can be found at the Mini-Archive at http://meridun.tripod.com. My old website started popups, which I vehemently oppose, so back to old methods.

-mccrowe