Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Adventures of Jusenkyo Man: Mahou Sensei Ranma ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

 
The Adventures of Jusenkyo Man:
 
Mahou Sensei Ranma
 
By Lord Raa
 
 
Prologue
 
<<<<<>>>>>
 
 
Disclaim-me-do: This is wrong on so many levels, or it will be soon enough.
 
 
<<<<<>>>>>
 
 
Ranma Saotome, the man chosen by fate to ensure the survival of the Human Race, stood in front of a Flid aided general. The pigtailed martial artist was getting a good look at the creature that was responsible for ordering the poisoning of the local hospital's water supply. That action was responsible for over a thousand deaths and many more crippled with illness.
 
True to Jenny's words, this monster didn't look anything like the Flid that he saw trying to manipulate the vengeful Makoto Shishio into an attempted coup of pre- industrial Japan.
 
“So then, Saotome,” the reptilian form snarled, “you have finally made it to my briefing room. Do you have anything to say for yourself?”
 
“Why are you trying to destroy humanity?” Ranma finally got the chance to ask the burning question.
 
“Our reasons are beyond your pathetic understanding,” the scaly general arrogantly replied. “But I shall humour you. Feel free to pick an answer that makes you feel better about wasting your existence trying to save vermin.”
 
Ranma managed to keep his fury in check at the callous and derogatory description of his species.
 
“Perhaps you are going to replace us at the dominant species of the multiverse. Perhaps you offended us with your cultural atrocities,” the General replied. Now he developed a smirk as he seemed to save the “best” reason for last. “Or perhaps, the reason is something simple: because we can?”
 
Ranma didn't like that one bit and fired off a blast of his chi at the villainous man lizard.
 
“Mouko Takabisha!”
 
The normally blue hued ball of energy was now red, a testament to Ranma's anger. It slammed into the alien general, but had no visible effect.
 
“That the best you can do?” the Flid laughed maliciously. He made an obvious gesture for his guards to come in and restrain Ranma.
 
“Well, what are we waiting for?” Ranma asked after a few minutes, his foot tapping impatiently. “Oh, that's right, your guards. They won't be coming for a while, sorry about that.”
 
The Flid general laughed at Ranma's words. “I like your style. If you weren't a worthless human, then I'd be tempted to take you as an apprentice.”
 
“Thanks, but no thanks.” Ranma unsheathed his sword. “I've got work to do.”
 
“As have I, Saotome.” The general pulled out a scimitar and took a few practice swings. “You have been a thorn in our side for far too long.”
 
The two swordsmen slowly circled each other, searching their foe for weaknesses.
 
Ranma was still upset about the poisoned hospital and charged in, intent on using the ku-zu-ryu sen to eliminate the general.
 
Ranma did not expect the general to cast a spell as he cut the reptilian fiend into large chunks.
 
Ranma was bathed in a beige light that caused him to tingle.
 
With his last words, the Flid officer cursed Ranma's good fortune. “Damn you Saotome. You were supposed to die instantly.”
 
“Yeah, well, call someone who gives a damn about the fouled up plans of evil villains,” Ranma snorted.
 
Ranma noticed the world around him grow. “I'm shrinking, you bastard!”
 
The General's life finally drained from his corpse, allowing Ranma to leave this world.
 
“Jenny, get me out of here!”
 
 
<<<<<>>>>>
 
 
Aboard the Jade Falcon, Ranma started to pace up and down the medical bay.
 
“That bastard! I'd kill him if he weren't already in pieces,” Ranma fumed.
 
“I've completed the scans,” Jenny interrupted the miniaturised warrior's ranting.
 
“Sorry. What have you found?”
 
“Your condition seems to be magic related. I tried to artificially age a sample, but it didn't work, it just fossilised the tissue. Could you try you Jusenkyo abilities?”
 
Ranma slapped his forehead. “I can't believe I didn't think of that. Ok, I'll try spring of Drowned Man.”
 
Ranma closed his eyes and concentrated for a minute. When he looked at his hands, he noticed that he failed to change. “Damn. Let me try another form.”
 
After a few seconds, Ranma changed into puppy, then a piglet and back into his boy form.
 
“Well, I can change into animals. Let's try something else,” Ranma suggested.
 
Ranma developed a dull glow for a second, the pigtailed child look in the mirror.
 
“Damn,” said a young girl's voice from Ranma's lips. “Well, I'm all out of ideas. I need to speak with Setsuna.”
 
 
<<<<<>>>>>
 
 
In Crystal Tokyo, the Senshi were bored.
 
This was nothing new, as it had been a while since the last time Ranma visited Setsuna. Not that the other warriors of love and justice got the chance to spend much time outside of official functions with the pigtailed pan-dimensional trouble-shooter.
 
The reincarnated princesses were sitting around, generally giving Sailor Pluto the occasional envious glare.
 
A yellow light appeared behind Makoto, giving the senshi of Jupiter an eerie halo.
 
Chibi Ranma stepped out of the portal, clearly searching the room for someone or something. “Setsuna!”
 
“Can I help you, young man?” Ami asked the child.
 
“I'm looking for Setsuna,” the boy replied, pushing past the girl.
 
“Do I know you?” Setsuna said as she looked over the child in front of her.
 
“You know me very well, Setsuna. I need your help with my little problem.”
 
“Ranma is that you?”
 
“Bingo. I'm stuck as a child. I can turn into animals, but only the juvenile versions,” Ranma explained. “As you can imagine, I'm not a happy bunny right now.”
 
Setsuna considered this situation. The silence from the others was deafening.
 
“I take it that Jenny can't help?” she asked.
 
“She tried to age a tissue sample, but it didn't work. I was hoping that you had an idea, what with you being the Senshi of Time and all,” Ranma's tone seemed a bit off.
 
“This is bad,” Minako decided.
 
“No shit, Sherlock,” Rei said sarcastically. “The longer Ranma's stuck as a child, the longer it'll be before we can go out on a date.”
 
Ranma glared at the bickering Senshi. “I think you'll find that I'm going out with Setsuna, Rei. You'd all do well to remember that little fact.”
 
Setsuna smiled smugly at the unhappy girls. “Come on Ranma, let's get you to the Time Gates.”
 
 
<<<<<>>>>>
 
 
Setsuna looked over the readings she managed to get while Ranma wandered back and forth.
 
“Ranma, that pacing is most irritating,” Setsuna said with an exaggerated sweetness.
 
“So's not being in your own body,” Ranma gruffly replied.
 
Setsuna could only sigh at Ranma's attitude. Over the years that they'd known each other, she'd found out about why Ranma had always prided himself on his level of control. That reason could be summed up in two words - Genma Saotome.
 
It was a good thing that Ranma's father was now dead, or she'd spend the next century torturing the greedy man.
 
A bleeping noise caught Setsuna's attention.
 
“Damn.”
 
“What is it, 'Suna-chan?” Ranma asked.
 
Setsuna turned and smiled at Ranma for a moment. She always did this when he used the pet name he gave her. Then the results of her analysis flashed back into her memory when she remembered that he was stuck as a child.
 
“It's not looking good, Ranma. I can't age you here and I don't know of anyway to change you back. I'm so sorry, Ranma,” Setsuna said as she hugged Ranma to make him feel better.
 
Ranma realised that this was the first time that he had felt anything close to a mother's love for a child for as long as he could remember and gently wept.
 
Setsuna wasn't normally one to feel maternal, especially when it came to Ranma, but drying his eyes seemed like the right thing to do.
 
“Ranma, I'll do what I can to return you to normal. I promise you that.”
 
“I know, 'Suna-chan, I know,” Ranma said, sniffling. After a moment, he calmed himself and was read to face this latest challenge. “Can we try one last thing while I'm here?”
 
“Queen Serenity?”
 
“Yep. I'd hate to have to go traipsing around the cosmos only to find that this is the one thing that can restore me,” Ranma said with a hopeful smile.
 
 
<<<<<>>>>>
 
 
In the throne room, Ranma was granted an audience with the Queen of Crystal Tokyo on incredibly short notice. Not that many of the female higher-ups of the utopian society found themselves able to resist many of Ranma's requests.
 
“What is it that you want me to do to help you, Ranma?” the Queen asked as she took in the form of the youthful Ranma.
 
“I'd like you to try using your healing magic to restore me to my adult form,” Ranma answered, his head lowered in respect.
 
“I'll see what I can do, Ranma.”
 
Queen Serenity reached for her most powerful magical artefact and commanded it to heal Ranma from the effects of the Flid spell.
 
A bright pink light bathed the room for ten seconds. When the lighting returned to normal, the benevolent ruler looked at Ranma expectantly.
 
“You're still a child!”
 
“I am. Hang on let me try something.”
 
Ranma concentrated and unsuccessfully tried to change into an adult form. He tried another animal's form and morphed into a cygnet.
 
“It has not worked, Ranma,” Serenity said with a sympathetic tone. “Is there anything that we can do to help you?”
 
After turning back to his male form Ranma replied, “I don't know. If I need to return for Setsuna's assistance, can I do so?”
 
“Of course, Ranma. We all owe you a lot, without your help, we wouldn't have this peaceful world,” Serenity smiled the child in front of her.
 
“Thank you, your majesty,” Ranma bowed to the supreme ruler of the Earth, before calling Jenny to open a portal back to the Jade Falcon.
 
 
<<<<<>>>>>
 
 
Back aboard the Jade Falcon, Ranma sat down on his bed with a depressed sigh.
 
“I don't see how I'm going to get out of this mess,” he said to himself as moved to rest his head on the pillow.
 
Ranma closed his eyes, hoping that he was actually tired enough to sleep. After a few minutes, he managed to drift off.
 
A few hours later, Jenny sounded Ranma's wake up call.
 
“Wha? What is it, Jenny?” he asked the AI.
 
“I have some good news Ranma,” Jenny informed the sleepy child.
 
“What is it?” Ranma asked around a yawn.
 
“I think I've found a cure for you.”
 
Now Ranma was wide awake. “What's that?”
 
“It's not a proper click of the fingers cure, but I've found a magic school that you could attend. That would give you the knowledge you need to cure yourself,” Jenny explained.
 
“Where is this school?”
 
“England.”
 
 
<<<<<>>>>>
 
 
To be continued…
 
This chapter had mistakes in it that I missed until my pre-reader, Chi Vayne, pointed out to me.
 
Where does this story go from here?
What will Ranma have to do to regain his adulthood?
Where does this fit into the Jusenkyo Man timeline?
Where do I get the nerve to post such a blatantly evil teaser?
 
Most of these questions will be answered in due course, assuming I'm not distracted by something cute and bouncy.
 
Until the next time.