Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Ryoga 1/2 Chronicles ❯ The Awakening ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Ryoga 1/2 Chronicles

[6]. The Awakening

Kuno was the first to charge his bokken blurring as a thousand strikes lanced out at his target, the sandy haired leader of the red moons thought the others weren't far behind. Only Ryoga hesitated still wondering how they were going to win this. His thoughts were interrupted as his opponent, a boy about fourteen years old with wild brown hair lunged forward his fists aimed for Ryoga's head. Instinctively he dodged backwards bouncing from one foot to the other as the onslaught continued but even after his training with Akane it was quickly becoming clear to Ryoga he wasn't going to win this match in a straight fight even against such a young opponent, still if he dodged about long enough maybe the boy would tire out. From the corner of his eye he saw Mousse fall but instead of getting up instantly as he expected Mousse stayed still.

"The second casualty!" The third boy of the group called out as he stood over Mousse, then suddenly turning he lunged at Shampoo. Ryoga suddenly noticed Kuno's back legs sticking from a hole in the wall and that the Sandy haired boy was now engaged in combat alongside the blood girl fighting Ukyo.

"Stop dodging about and fight me." Ryoga had almost forgotten about his opponent who was still desperately bouncing round the dojo in pursuit of Ryoga who once again began wondering what he could do. Suddenly he heard Ukyo and Shampoo scream at once and a crash of wood, looking over his shoulder briefly he saw the two female martial artists lying unconscious on the floor and their attackers flying towards him ready to bring him down.

From the sidelines Akane stood with Cologne as they watched the five martial artist of Team Red Moon launch attack after attack at Ryoga only to hit empty air as he dodged at the last moment.

"He's so fast but why doesn't he attack?" Akane said, her eyes darting about trying to follow the action.

"I don't think he can child, I don't even think he realises how quickly he's moving his face is panicked. It's like he's doing it on instinct." Cologne replied, her eyes barely moving as she watched the fight. "Come on, I know you can do it, just concentrate." She thought to herself.

"We can't just sit here, we've got to help him. Ryoga." Akane jumped forward, one hand held out towards Ryoga. "Concentrate Ryoga, fight back." From inside the wall of elbows, fists and feet that seemed to be keeping him prisoner in perpetual motion, he saw Akane leap towards him but as he did his concentration slipped and a foot connected with his stomach, the next moment Ryoga found himself on the dojo floor unsure of what had happened and with Akane by his side. The sandy haired boy gripped her shoulder.

"Get away girl I want to finish this fight." And with that he hurled her back across the dojo where she smashed into the wall and fell unconscious to the floor. Something in Ryoga's head seemed to snap and a little voice started to grow from deep inside him, running up through his body and finally exploding out of his mouth in a scream of rage and in his mind another little voice spoke to him.

"I guess you need one last bit of help aye Ryoga." As the echo of Ranma's voice died away Ryoga felt a rush through his limbs as everything snapped into perspective, the boundaries of his limits fading away as every thought and movement became a light speed precision action. His head snapped up and he stared at his attackers who stood looking down at him unsure of what was happening. Ryoga flipped to his feet then gracefully stretched his arms in manner fitting a Jet Li movie.

"No one touches Akane!" He bellowed breaking the apparent calm before the storm. The sandy haired boy and his friends attacked with blazing speed but to Ryoga their movements appeared though they were travelling through treacle as he reached out to snatch each opponents arm from the air and tossed the three boys across the dojo though something restrained him from doing the same to the girls.

Cologne stared in awe at the young martial artist.

"Truly, the greatest martial artist ever has awoken." She said smiling.

"Ha what's the matter, can't you hit a girl?" The blond girl said smirking. Ryoga thought for half a second.

"Not like this I can't but." He reached behind his back and pulled a bottle of water which he emptied over his head feeling the tingle as his body shifted. "Like this I can kick you asses." The two girls stared at her astonished.

"What the hell?" The green haired girl shrieked. "Fuck it, attack him, her whatever our honour depends on victory." The two girls charged but before they could even get close enough to strike Ryoga flipped over their heads and knocked them across the dojo and into the wall. He noticed the sandy haired boy begin to stir.

The sandy haired boy stood unsteadily and looked at the girl in the centre of the dojo, he noticed only one other of his fellow team mates had stood up again, the green haired girl who was grinding her teeth at female Ryoga.

"Where's that boy gone?" The Red Moons leader asked.

"I'm right here." Ryoga smirked.

"Don't joke with me, I have a fight to finish."

"No it is him. He changed in front of us." The girl said.

"So, you're a cursed soul too." The boy said smiling.

"You have a curse too?" Ryoga said eagerly.

"No, but we fought a guy some months back who could become a tiger when splashed with water."

Ryoga felt his eye twitch slightly at the mention of the big cat.

"Huh, I guess Jusenkio has more visitors that we realised."

" Never mind all that." The sandy haired boy shouted, "you are good, but let's see how you handle the Red Moons final attack." The boy challenged. Before clenching his fists and holding his arms out to the right. The girl did the same except her arms were pointed left so her fists touched the boys. "Red Moon final attack, RED MOON RISING!" A tiny spot of red light formed between their fists and grew slowly till it was about the size of the football then the two team mates hurled the ball of light to the ground. A moment later the floor began to shake then seemed to explode directly at Ryoga, thousands of shards of wood and rock flying at his face.

"Bauksi Katchu Amaguriken Tenksu!" Ryoga bellowed as her fists blurred beyond the visible his fingers shattering everything that came at her and directing it right back where it came from. As the dust cleared a pile of earth was visible in the middle of the room, the heads of the two remaining challengers poking from the top. "I believe that's our match." Ryoga said smiling. The sandy haired boy bowed his head as far as it could go.

"Yes, you win. You truly are a great martial artist, no one has ever defeated the Red Moon Rising."

"You're good too, don't give up your quest. When you're better come back and we'll have another match." Ryoga said helping the two from the rubble.

"Are you sure you wouldn't like to join our team, with someone of your skill we'd be assured success."

"Sorry but I belong here, I have someone to protect and a promise to keep."

"I understand. I too have a promise to keep, that is why you can be sure I'll be back one day and then we'll win for sure." The two smiled at each other as they shook hands. "Oh and sorry for throwing your friend out the way. I guess I got carried away in the combat, you were so fast I thought you'd get away if I didn't strike."

"If you hadn't, you would've won for sure." Ryoga said shrugging. Besides she's tough, she'll be fine, now you'd better get going before my friends wake up. They're not going to like this mess."

"Thanks." And with that, they gathered their friends and left. Ryoga knelt by Akane as her eyes flittered open.

"Is it over?"

"Yeah. We won." Akane stood up and looked round the dojo.

"What happened to the dojo?" She squawked. Ryoga played with her ponytail nervously.

"Err, I may have overdone it a bit." She said nervously as she saw a familiar furious glare in Akane's eye. Before she could raise her mallet she darted out the door and into the garden Akane is swift pursuit.

Cologne surveyed the damage and watched as the other members of team Blue Thunder came round and tried groggily to work out why they were in a demolition site.

"This could be a very interesting summer." She said to no one in particular. Then she turned to watch the continuing chase in the back garden as Ukyo and Shampoo joined the chase trying to protect Ryoga, Mousse joining to try and help Akane and Kuno joining to chase all the girls. "Just like old times again." She said wistfully as Akane's mallet came down on Kuno's head as Ryoga dodged away.