Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Challenge ❯ The Beginning of the End ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]







TITLE: The Ultimate Challenge

BY: Jessi

DISCLAIMER: I do not own any of the Ranma characters. They are the property of Rumiko Takahashi and whoever else owns them. I am just a fan that is writing this story for the enjoyment of my fellow fans.



Shampoo smiled delightedly as the liquid in the cauldron before her began to froth and bubble. *At last, Ranma be Shampoo's!*

------------------

Ranma was shaken awake from his slumber by a heart-stopping sensation. And *that* was saying something. He couldn't quite put his finger on it, but the sensation that woke him was telling him something was not right. *But I did everything I was supposed to... I finished my homework and *everything*.* Ranma suddenly sat bolt-upright, as a frightening thought occured to him. *Akane* And Ranma jumped over Genma and ran through the hall, skidding to a stop in front of Akane's door. Without stopping to think of the consequences, he burst through her door and rushed over to her bed. "Akane, Akane! Are you alright??" Ranma was feeling the covers, trying to determine if there was a human body under them. "Ranma!!!! What the hell are you doing???" ***WHAM***

Of couse, the racket Ranma was making had waken the entire household (except for Genma) and everybody was standing in Akane's doorway, watching the entire scene play out before them. "Ranma! What are you doing in my baby-girl's room? Why you aren't even married yet!" Soun sounded shocked and angry as well. "No no! It's not what you think! Why would I want to do anything with *that* tomboy?" ***WHAM***
"Come on, Dad! Ranma just burst in here, for some reason. Can we just talk about this in the morning? Ranma's unconcious anyway, we'll have to ask him in the morning. Please?" Akane begged. "Ok Akane. In the morning, then" And they left the room, Nabiki dragging Ranma's prostrate figure.

*What *was* Ranma doing? He asked me if I was alright. And he's never sleep walked before. Well, I'll find out in the morning* And she rolled over and slept peacefully the rest of the night.

When Ranma regained conciousness in his futon, he still had the awful feeling that something bad was going to happen.....

-------------------

"Child, are you ready to leave now? We must hurry, that potion is only effective for seven days after it is completed." Cologne addressed her young grand-daughter. *My, the girl is growing to be quite beautiful. Why, she looks just like I did when I was her age. Of course, that does mean that she will grow old and look like me. But we'll have her married long before she gets that old.* "Yes great-grandmudder! I am ready now!" Shampoo replied. And the pair traveled to Japan using an old Amazon techinque.

-------------------

"Son, would you kindly explain why you were in my baby's bedroom last night?" To an outsider, it would appear that Soun was being very kind, but Ranma knew that he was just on the edge of turning into the "demon-headed Soun." "Um.. well.. I kinda got this feeling, last night. It woke me up and it was shouting that something was wrong. I couldn't quite figure out what it was, but then I thought Akane..." and he blushed and looked down quickly. "And I *still* have that feeling! Like something bad is gonna happen soon." The group seated around the table looked dumbfounded. "So let me get this straight, Ranma. Last night, you were awakened from your sleep by a *feeling* that something was going to happen? Nabiki asked quite dubiously. "Um... yeah? Hey, Akane, we really better be going now... we don't want to be late" Ranma quickly found a way to get out of the uncomfortable conversation and left for school quicker than a cheetah chasing its prey.

------------------

"Hey, Ranma. You were telling the truth this morning, weren't you?" Akane asked as she and Ranma ran to school, trying to beat the tardy bell. "Yeah, o'couse Akane. Why wouldn't I??" *So, he *was* worried about me..* "Oh, no reason Ranma. It's just that, I don't know, you're story was *interesting* to say the least." Akane replied offhandedly. "You're saying that I'm *lying*? Fine you stupid tomboy, believe what you want," Ranma spat indignantly. "You idiot! I never said I didn't believe you! I'm just saying that it was a pretty far-fetched idea!"

But Ranma never heard the end of Akane's rant, his face was smashed well into the railing of the fence, by a bike wheel. "Ni hao, Ranma!" "Uh, hey, Shampoo," Came the reply from within the metal of the fence. "Would you mind getting your wheel off of me?" Shampoo moved the bike, and continued, "Ranma, Shampoo bring special cure for Jusenkyo curse!!" Ranma's face lit up as he pulled himself to his feet. "Really, Shampoo!!? Are you kidding me?" Suddenly, Ranma became suspicious, partly because Shampoo had tricked him many times before with her magic concoctions, and because that nagging feeling had just grown stronger a full ten fold. "Shampoo no trick this time! Is real cure for girl-side Ranma!" And as Shampoo launched into a full explanation, Ranma didn't notice as an intensely angry Akane stalked toward the school.

Cologne watched from behind a shrub as the scene unfolded before her. *Good Shampoo, we've got him now. Now, just follow the plan, nothing can go wrong now.* Cologne's withered face crinkled as she let out a hollow chuckle.

--------------------

To be continued...



Well, this is my first attempt at fanfiction, so I'm welcoming any comments and constructive criticism. Please no flames, that isn't the kind of reaction I want, if you do find something wrong with my fic, please let me know in a helpful and constructive way. Oh yeah, characters may be a bit OOC as the story progresses.
Email: jfossmeyer@hotmail.com