Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Total Shock ❯ The edge of nowhere ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The author of this story owns none of the series, characters, or locations mentioned in this story unless stated otherwise.
 
Sorry for the absence, although it's true I've had tons of time, between Nihongo 201, Highschool punks, Two holidays that brought out my family, the college finals in between them and this story, stress was a main part of my life for the better part of two months, and as a result, my imagination was beaten and maimed. However, with two and a half weeks(one and a half now) before any classes start up, I'm hopeful of another chapter, maybe two before I'm doomed.
 
Also, any glaring errors will be fixed tomorrow 'cause I'm too lazy to fix it right now and I would like to get a response soon.
 
---
 
“This is unsettling,” The ancient Amazon Ku Lon stared out of her wizened old eyes at the carnage that lay before her. She was balanced on her cane, perfectly as always without the slightest hint of any worry. It was necessary, though; that one such as her self appear to those around her to be an unmovable object, as well as an irresistible force.
 
Behind her was the Neko Hanten; inside were several patrons and any other civilians that had had the good fortune of finding a safe haven such as that. When several people ran in screaming about seeing demons literally devour the life force from someone off of the street, she immediately decided to investigate. Afterall, it did coincide with her senses screaming at her not seconds before.
 
Upon reaching the outside of her establishment, she encountered what appeared to be an abomination of some sort, and though the monstrous appearance of the creature was indeed grotesque, it didn't appear to pose any real threat to her. She easily disposed of it within ten seconds and sighed, praying to the mother of all for the poor, unfortunate man whose life had been sucked away.
 
However, her respect was short lived as several more youma appeared. All of them were of inconsequential strength, but it was a sign.
 
A sudden, surprising demonic attack was not too out of the ordinary for Nerima, but for a continuous stream of youma called for immediate attention. She had scanned the entire city, and sure enough various demonic signatures were perceptible. There were two that stood out above the rest as well as a few others she couldn't identify, but she resolved that either one of them may have been the one causing all of this trouble, but for now all were too far away to be an immediate concern. She had ended up destroying several more youma before deciding action needed to be taken. But she couldn't just leave…
 
Cologne turned around and pogoed back into the café.
 
“Mu Tsu, I'm going out to find the root of this problem. You are to wait here and protect anyone who should manage to find this place.” She started. She held up a hand before he could start. “When Xian Pu returns, she is to find as many refugees in the immediate area and bring them back here. When she can find no more, she is to stay here with you and watch over them. Hopefully, I will be back before long.” Mousse solemnly nodded, accepting the order (mostly because it meant he would eventually be spending time with Shampoo). She turned around and pogoed out of the café before suddenly launching towards a nearby roof for which she could traverse.
 
---
 
Ranma spun around and landed a chi infused roundhouse on his opponent's leg. `Damn, there's more than one of these bastards now,' He growled as he jumped back from the roundhouse and threw two identical spheres of Chi at the creature. They exploded upon impact and Ranma narrowed his eyes as the dust cleared. He brought his arms up as the dust from the explosion cleared and growled when he realized that his enemy was unaffected.
 
“Dammit, what the hell am I supposed to do? They don't even have to shrug off the Mouko Takabisha…”
 
“We adapt, Ranma. That's something you're well known for, isn't it?” Ryouga landed next to him and narrowed his eyes at their enemy.
 
“Un,” Ranma agreed. “Do you see any weak spots on this guy?”
 
“Not really,” His partner grunted. “Do you have any ideas yet?”
 
“Yeah, one,” Ranma said. “I need you to distract it for a while, if possible,” He narrowed his eyes and formed a chi sphere in his hand. Ryouga nodded and jumped at the Youma with his fists held up for a hammer strike. His hands impacted on the creature's hide and he winced in pain as he withdrew, barely dodging a strike.
 
“Che,” he shook his hands and held them up, forming a sphere of ki. He closed his eyes He focused and materialized another one before putting them together and holding them forward. He opened his eyes and green light spilled into the atmosphere around him. `Can't do a perfect one because I don't have time, but…'
 
“Teisuu Shishi Hokudan!”
 
---
 
Kuno leapt at the Youma with an elaborate yet dangerous looking wooden sword at the ready. “Raijinken!” He stabbed it in the gut and immediately a bolt of lightning struck the demon, using his weapon as an anchor to strike inside the monster. It yelled out in pain and pulled away from him. He glared at it and leapt after it, moving to attack it again.
 
“Akisazame!” He stabbed with an incredible speed, blurring at such a pace that made any previous attacks seem to have been in super-slow-motion. The youma cried out as an entire limb was shredded to nothing. Kuno jumped at it again with a final attack. “Fuuraijinken!” He stabbed it once more and it was simultaneously struck with a huge pressure of wind and a powerful lightning bolt.
 
Kuno stepped back and watched as it pitifully twitched as it bled onto the ground before turning into a mound of dust that blew away in the wind. Immediately, a ball of white light that resembled a flame appeared and flew into Nabiki. The girl looked normal enough when he turned back towards her.
 
“Ugh,” The girl groaned as she tried to stand. Kuno moved to help her up and she held up her hand in refusal. Once she stood, she got a good look at him. “Man, all that time you kept talking about being a warrior in the service of the gods,” She shook her head. “Who'd have thought it was true.” She stumbled and he called out her name as he began moving towards her. “I'm okay,” She grumbled as he helped her stand. There was silence for a moment before she groaned again.
 
“Are you really all right?” He asked as he put her arm around his shoulder to keep her from falling.
 
“My head hurts like hell,” She grumbled. “There's a weird…sensation,”
 
“That's most likely a side effect of what happened to you,” He said.
 
“Hah, yeah, what happened to me,” She chuckled. “Just what the hell happened to you, Kuno?” She looked at him when he was silent.
 
“I…I am not sure…”
 
“It probably has to do with those dreams of yours. You're wearing the same armor that you described in that dream,”
 
“Huh…” The boy shook his head. “You're right.”
 
`This is just wonderful,' the Tendo girl thought. `Ranma certainly surrounds himself with the weirdest, doesn't he?'
 
“It looks like it isn't over,” Kuno said. Her head snapped up in surprise and she noticed a new black swirling portal of energy. The new one was a bit higher than the other one, in the sky. The two looked at each other and Nabiki growled before running to hide behind the boulder they had been sitting on earlier. Suddenly, a purple haired man wearing odd robes appeared before the portal.
 
“Here one is,” He was about to reach into it when suddenly it collapsed in on itself. “Hmm…” He turned around to see Nabiki and the transformed Kuno. “A wonderful night, isn't it?” He asked before vanishing.
 
“What the hell is he talking about?”
 
“There must be more of these things around,” Kuno said.
 
“Yes, it looks like it.”
 
The two were silent for another moment.
 
“Let's go,” She sighed.
 
“Hmm?”
 
“I doubt it would be safe enough to just go by myself. I might end up getting attacked again,” She shuddered.
 
“Ah…All right,”
 
---
 
“Gurenken!” Jun growled as he leapt into the air, slashing his opponent with an upwards slash before his sword exploded with fire and he swung it to release a huge ball of flame at the opponent's opened wound. The creature yelled out in pain as the flames tore into its wound and burned it from the inside out.
 
The wounded area was instantly incinerated but still his opponent stood. `Dammit, what the hell is going on? What's with this weird as all hell transformation?!' He landed and picked up Shinku before jumping backwards and setting her down safely. He ignored the shocked look on her face and glared at the monster that tried to destroy her.
 
“Jun…what is going on? What happened to you?”
 
“Trust me when I say I have no idea. The more important thing right now is beating this thing,” He grunted. She stared at him in awe; his attire had changed completely and there was no trace of his original clothing.
 
He was wearing a small blue chest plate along with a purple cape that had some sort of emblem on the back and two large blue boots. His hair had somehow turned red and she could feel through their connection that his both his magical and physical base had increased over tenfold. He jumped at their enemy and wildly swung his sword in a way that little resembled any kind of professional training.
 
The blonde doll stood up and looked at the two combatants; one who had no idea what he was doing swinging a flaming sword around anyway and one that obviously had a bit more experience in fighting than the both of them. Jun was doing minimal damage; with the exception of his initial technique, his attacks did not seem too impressive.
 
Jun jumped at the monster again, using both hands to swing the sword. He managed to cut it this time and somehow jumped again while in the air, before holding his sword back as it enveloped in flame. He swung it forward, sending a wave of fire into the wound that managed to make the youma cry out in alarm. He jumped yet again, somersaulting backwards this time, and landed a good distance away from their enemy.
 
`How is he doing that?' the doll narrowed her eyes and re-played the triple jump he'd just preformed. `…It's not important right now,'
 
“Hou'ou Tenku!” Jun somersaulted nearly straight up into the air before thrusting his sword forward. He was consumed by fire and shot forward towards the creature. Shinku watched from the side as Jun was enveloped in flame that took on the form of a bird, with the tip of his sword being it's beak, thrust forward to attack. He embedded his blade into the monster's side and slashed downwards to forcefully bring it out, opening a huge wound. The thing cried out in pain as it collapsed and died.
 
Jun wobbled for a few seconds and tried to regain his bearings. He looked at the sword in his hand and shook his head. The small headache he was feeling told him he was definitely not dreaming, but the things that had happened were definitely not reality, right?
 
“Jun, there are more of these things running around.” She turned her head and pointed down the street. “The closest one is that way—“
 
“And?” Jun snorted. “What do you want me to do?” He looked in the direction she had point and leaned on his sword.
 
“We're going to destroy them, of course.”
 
“We? No way!” Jun shouted. “I'm not going to risk my ass for this crap,” He shook his head. “Besides, all of this fantastic crap can't be anything but a dream, or some drugged up hallucination!” He closed his eyes and sighed. After a few seconds, he heard the sound of the doll approaching him and he opened his eyes just in time to see Shinku thrust her cane into his mid-section. He keeled over, trying to keep the tears from flowing out of his eyes. “Wh-what the hell was that for!?”
 
“You must be some kind of fool if you honestly believe that I would allow my servant to laze around while I engage denizens of the netherworld,” She snorted. She hooked her cane on his new outfit's belt and began dragging him away.
 
“Wh-What? No! I absolutely refuse to do this! I have to—“ Jun was interrupted by a sharp slap from the doll. He stared at her in surprise.
 
“You can not continue to run away from your fears, Jun. This is a time where people need you and whatever power you were mistakenly given. It is your duty—“
 
“My ass! I'm not going to go out and risk getting my head lopped off for a bunch of ingrateful punks!”
 
“Jun,” Shinku started calmly. “Nori did not come home tonight. I fear…something is wrong.” At that, Jun's expression froze.
 
“N-Nori…” He breathed.
 
“Jun, for your sister, you must do this,” She urged. “I believe that this new power you posess, although given to the wrong person, was given for a reason. You do understand what I am saying, do you not?”
 
“…” Jun was silent for a moment, before he growled. “For Nori. But as soon as we find her, we're going home.”
 
“That is acceptable,” She lead him away from the house.
 
---
 
Satoshi smiled as he wordlessly summoned a barrier around himself and Aiko. Kotarou's new technique had concluded with a rather messy end for their poor youma friend. They weren't allowed a break, as another youma rounded on them. The Senshi called Mercury seemed to be yelling out commands to the other two.
 
`Ne, Aiko, can you take a look around for me real quick?' He was met with the mental equivalent of a nod and instantly the Kunoichi vanished from sight. His smile widened as he teleported to just behind the girl in blue.
 
“Oi, nee-san,” He started, “I think my team has this situation under control.” He was rewarded with a reflexive attack and smiled even wider when her arm impacted his face and nothing happened. She gawked at him and took a step back. “Like I was saying, we have this under control,” He pointed over her shoulder, and she turned to see what he was pointing at. Unknown to everyone but the two of them, another Youma was preparing to enter the fray when it suddenly and violently exploded. The other fight continued without taking any notice.
 
“Nee-san, can that device of yours tell us where the origin of these creatures is?”
 
“Ah,” She turned to face him and shivered slightly. “…Who…what are you?”
 
“It's not important,” He said, waving a hand. “Do you think your cronies can cover another section of the city? I know there's quite a lot of these things running around…” She shook her head to clear her mind. If they were willing to help, they were willing to help. Any questions on their origin could come later.
 
“I suppose I can. I'd tell you where they're all coming from, but there's more than one portal here.”
 
“Eh? Then, can you take me to one of them?”
 
“Uh…” Her expression turned serious. “Excuse me, but I can't necessarily trust you enough to be on my own with you,” She said. He opened one eye and allowed a wicked smile to settle on his face.
 
“Oh please, if I wanted something done to you, I'd have done it already.” He closed it again and assumed another cheerful expression. `Hmm, she's not really afraid of me, just cautious. Have to give her credit for that,' “Well, if it makes you feel better, could you just direct me to one of them?”
 
“That's the thing. I can detect them, but they appear at random in random places and disappear after a time limit.” She shook her head.
 
“Oh, well that's not your fault,” He shrugged. “Could you describe it for me?”
 
“They're impossible to miss. Black, circular portals with what appears to be some form of electricity coursing through it.”
 
“Hnn, that should do,” He nodded and suddenly vanished.
 
---
 
Ranma narrowed his eyes and watched from the air as Ryouga finished his attack. `Ryouga has a new technique. I need to start coming up with more of my own…' he landed and smirked.
 
“Ryouga, get out of the way if you know what's best for you!” Ryouga acknowledged Ranma's command with a grunt and jumped back just as his enemy went for an attack. Ranma held up a hand and pointed at the youma. Suddenly, an impossible amount of blue chi spheres appeared in the air around them. They all converged on the monster and after a large build up, they exploded. There was a depression in the ground where the explosion had occurred and nothing of the monster was left.
 
“Eh, what the hell was that?” Ryouga asked.
 
“How about you tell me what that dragon ball crap you were doing was first?” Ranma snorted as both dodged an attack from another monster. Ranma growled and jumped up behind Ryouga as the other boy's bandana soared through the air towards their new enemy.
 
He targeted the wound that was caused by the bandana and tossed a Mouko Takabisha towards it. The monster shrieked in a moment of pain before it attacked them again.
 
“This snail's pace is so annoying,” Ranma heard Ryouga growl from below him. The two landed on the cement of the street and took on a ready stance. Before they could engage the monster, Ranma noticed a blue flash out of the corner of his eye. The two looked up, distracted, as a blue energy bolt screamed towards their enemy. The energy bolt tore through the monster and two more energy bolts followed. The monster disintegrated from having so much of its body torn off.
 
“W-what…” Ranma blinked and looked up. He looked up and a silver haired man dressed in all white was standing with what appeared to be an energy based long-bow. “What the hell?” The man vanished and Ranma had to blink.
 
“Ranma, it looks like that was the last one in the area,”
 
“Okay, cool. Let's move on,” The two nodded before blinking. “Hey wait a minute…” Ranma looked around in a panic. “Rie? Suiseiseki?! Where are they?!” Ryouga blanched.
 
“Let's retrace our steps,” the lost boy commanded.
 
“I think that's a good idea,” Ranma agreed and the two jumped away.
 
---
 
Satoshi smirked as another black portal deactivated upon his nearing it.
 
“This is a surprise,”
 
“Hmm,” Satoshi turned to face an old, deceptively feeble and short woman.
 
“It's you…” `He's definitely one of those noticeable demonic entities I noticed a while ago.'
 
“It's me? I suppose it could be, but that depends on what you're talking about,” Satoshi smiled innocently as the woman surveyed him. There was a sudden movement on her part and his hand shot up to the side to block a strike from her staff. The old woman had attacked him from the side and he'd blocked it with his own. She immediately jumped back to her prior position and smirked at him.
 
"Oya oya, that's dangerous, obaa-san," He intoned. "You might have hurt yourself."
 
"That's nothing for one such as myself,"
 
"Such as yourself?" He asked innocently. "But you look like no more than a random old woman who decided to go out for a walk…and what a fine night, isn't it?" Cologne cackled at that.
 
"My, for one so young, you have some good humor, no?"
 
"Ora?"
 
"Right, I'm just an old woman, and you're just an average Western Magi, right?"
 
"Oh? Then what are you?"
 
"You should be able to tell by looking."
 
"Then can you tell what I am from looking?" The old woman snorted.
 
"Of course."
 
"That's not too good, then," He sighed and looked down. "Maybe I need to work on my disguise a bit."
 
"Who are you?"
 
"Oh? My name? Hirohata Satoshi, the mysterious mage at your service." He bowed deeply; not in the traditional Japanese way, but in the way someone would after a performance.
 
"Hmm… that name doesn't suit you very well. What's your real name?"
 
"But that is my real name," He insisted.
 
"Hmph," She snorted. "Well then, 'Hirohata', just what are you doing here?"
 
"Ah, that. Well…" He looked to be thinking something over. "That…"
 
"Eh?" She leaned forward, waiting. He held up a finger and boasted a cheerful expression.
 
"…is a secret!"
 
"…Heh." She cackled again. "Fine, whatever. You don't seem to be causing these things either," She said. "But know that I will keep an eye on you," she said. He merely smiled and shrugged.
 
"If you can, then go ahead." He turned around and looked around. "It looks like the next one will appear…there…" He suddenly vanished and Cologne narrowed her eyes.
 
"Definitely worth watching…but I still don't know what the cause of this mess is…" She considered something. 'Maybe he's trying to figure it out as well. Ah, it is of no consequence as of yet.'
 
---
 
Chibi-usa de-transformed and panted. She was surrounded by the rapidly deteriorating limbs of demons.
 
“What…what was that power?” She grunted as she fell over. “I…they…”
 
“Hmm,” Said a voice nearby. She looked up and saw the blue haired man. “You don't even have an Iota of control over that power. I'll tell you now, that was the weakest attack you can do with a real Chaos emerald.”
 
“If that was so weak, then why am I feeling so exhausted?” She grumbled.
 
“Hmph, that should be obvious,” The man turned away just as another one resembling Touya appeared. “Oh, you. What do you want?” Chibi-Usa squinted to try and recognize him. `Isn't that guy Touya's brother?'
 
“…I detected the Chaos energy,” the other man said simply. “I know what it was now. You shouldn't use it so carelessly,” His last comment was directed at the pink-haired girl slumped on the floor.
 
“Grrr…Sorry for destroying a whole lot of monsters,” She snarled. “…Hey, wait a minute. Just what are those things, anyway?”
 
“They're from Niflheim,” a new voice offered. A silver haired man wearing all white approached the three. Chibi-Usa noted that his ears were long and pointed.
 
“That would be…”
 
“Some random dimension with power hungry immortal demons,” He waved it off as if it was nothing. “More importantly, though, is the level of power in this city. It has sky rocketed in less than two days. A Mazoku, an Elf, and several new presences were detected earlier,” He sighed.
 
“Hmm,” The blue haired man nodded. “Yes, it appears as though Yggdrasill has finally awakened.”
 
“I thought so. Mana has been getting thicker,” The silver haired man. “It looks like the moment we've been waiting for is finally here,”
 
“…I only care about the Chaos Emeralds,” Shadow said.
 
“Of course. But we agreed earlier that it would be beneficial for us all to work together-“
 
“Ahem,” Chibi-Usa rudely interrupted them, and they all turned towards her. “Just who the hell are you people?”
 
“It's none of your concern, little girl,” Shadow said.
 
“On the contrary,” the blue haired man started as he stood up. “I've dragged her into this on the behalf of this planet's future, so I think it's alright to tell her…a few things. My name is Shitaru. You might already know Shadow and this is Pallas--”
 
“Whatever,” the Silver haired man interupted. “Do you happen to have a Soul Stone?”
 
“Not on me,”
 
“Damn. I guess I can look for one,” He smirked as he looked up, then turned around.
 
-
 
Not too far away, Cologne was reeling. Before her were four incredibly powerful beings that she could barely believe weren't Gods. This was on a completely different scale from what she was used to. Ranma was usually the strongest; if not in Ki or literal power, than in skill.
 
Although they were at a point where raw speed and power could be confused with skill, she could tell that, with the exception of the pink haired child, that they were each highly trained in the use of some form of martial arts.
 
`The control they have is impossible,' She muttered. `If I did not see it myself, I would not have believed this. There's no way they don't know that I'm here, but they don't seem to care.' She found herself holding her breath when the silver haired one glanced her way and turned around before teleporting off somewhere.
 
`They were definitely talking about these demons that have appeared tonight. They mentioned the Soul Stone…perhaps…' She nodded to herself and launched away, with a destination in mind.
 
---
 
Inuyasha grunted, easily cleaving through one of the youma that had surrounded him with the great Tessaiga. “It really sucks not being able to use any large scale attacks,” He grunted again. “They just keep coming. If I could get rid of them once and for all…” He jumped up and seamlessly cleaved another one in half. "They're all so weak too! Bah…"
 
“Be grateful there isn't a whole flood of them falling from the sky like usual, Inuyasha!” She grunted.
 
“Keh,” The hanyou snorted. “Of course not. Demons don't usually attack like that anyway, and I doubt Naraku is involved in this.”
 
“I don't know,” Kagome muttered. “With that slimy bastard, anything is possible…” Inuyasha froze to gawk at her. “What?” She blushed. “I can say those things too!”
 
Inuyasha only smirked and shook his head as he effortlessly cleaved another monster into pieces. He heard a scream and his head whipped to the side. “What the hell?” He cut through the enemy before him and grunted, jumping over a building just in time to see a demon attacking two small children.
 
-
 
“Ranma! Ryouga!” Rie called out. “Where the hell did they go?”
 
“They left us behind,” Suiseiseki growled.
 
“Dammit,” The ten year old looked around. “We've got to find them,”
 
“How dare they leave us behind like this?!” Suiseiseki growled at the Indignation of it all. “How irresponsible!”
 
“Suiseiseki-“
 
“When we find them…”
 
“Suiseiseki, shut up.”
 
“Eh?!” the doll looked up at the girl in anger. “Who do you think you are to tell me—“ The doll looked up as she started talking, only to see Rie simply point forward. She turned to face the direction Rie was pointing before…and promptly screamed.
 
Just then, a man in red fell from the sky and cleaved the monster before them in two with a massive sword. Suiseiseki stopped screaming and blinked several times.
 
The man with the funny ears' nose twitched several times.
 
“What the hell…one of you isn't human at all…”
 
“Ah…” Suiseiseki took a step back. “You're…”
 
“Hmph, well it isn't any of my business what you're doing, but you should go hide somewhere else,” Inuyasha snorted before he leapt away. Just as he did that, they could hear two voices calling out.
 
“Rie! Suiseiseki!”
 
“Over here!” Rie called out. Soon, the two boys rounded a corner and ran into them.
 
“Where did you two go?”
 
“Yeah, how'd you get side tracked like that? We were worried about you!”
 
Excuse me,” Rie growled, offended. “But you two morons were the ones who weren't paying attention when we were attacked!”
 
“E…eh…” Ranma blinked.
 
“Oh…yeah.”
 
Suddenly, the ground looked a lot more interesting to the two boys.
 
“Honestly,” Rie crossed her arms. “How do you guys manage that stuff though? These things… we only managed to evade one until this guy in red came out with this huge sword and cut it up,” she admitted. Ryouga looked up in surprise.
 
`Red clothes, huge sword…' “This guy, were his ears weird in anyway?”
 
“Hmm? Yeah, he had funny little dog ears,” She said in retrospect. “That was weird. I couldn't see any real ears on the side of his head…”
 
“That's because they're real,” Ryouga said.
 
“What? You know this guy, Ryouga?”
 
“He was at that fight last week…”
 
“Then maybe we can ask him for help,” Ranma nodded. “I'm not dumb enough to think we can take on this endless flood of monsters by ourselves,” He said.
 
“We'd have to find him first,” Ryouga shook his head. “That guy's as good at getting around as we are.”
 
“Huh…well I guess we'll run into him sooner or later,” The boys said. “For now, lets—“
 
“Son-in-law!” called out a familiar voice.
 
“Oh great…” Ranma's hand flew up to his head and he sighed. “This is just wonderful…”
 
“There you are,” the old woman announced as she came down before them. She noticed the two girls and looked at them. “Who are these two?”
 
“Ah, this is Rie and that's Suiseiseki,” Ranma said hurriedly. `Introductions can wait.'
 
“Hajimemashite,” Rie intoned with a polite bow.
 
“Hmm,” The older woman nodded. Her eyes rested on the doll for just a bit before she turned her attention to the teenagers.
 
“I need you to come with me,” she said.
 
“Eh, why?”
 
“I'm sure you've noticed something different today,” she said with a gleam in her eye. “I believe I have a way to end this mess, but I'll require your assistance.”
 
-
 
A short while later, the five were standing in front of the Nekohanten. Mousse and Shampoo came out of the café prepared for battle but both sighed with relief upon realizing who it was.
 
“Great-grandmother, is you!” the purple headed girl said. “And Airen!” The girl moved to glomp Ranma but Cologne motioned for her to stop.
 
“Shampoo, you and Mousse are to watch these two children,” She said, motioning Rie and Suiseiseki. “Ryouga and Muko-dono are coming with me to stop this nonsense,” She gave no time for response as she pogoed into the restaurant.
 
Ranma whistled as he noticed all of the people inside of the restaurant. “Well, I guess this would be one of the safest place with the both of them guarding it,” He said to Ryouga. The lost boy only nodded. Soon Cologne was back out with two identical rocks that were obviously the halves of one.
 
“What now? That's the soul stone you told us about on the way here, right?”
 
“Now you take that and destroy Niflheim,” a new voice said. They all looked to the side and all of the martial artists, with the exception of Rie and Cologne's eyes bugged. “That is the source of these creatures.” He had a certain air of divinity about him, and power rolled off of man before them in visible waves, but the range of detection was such that he had to be nearby.
 
“K-Kami-sama,” Ryouga breathed.
 
“Not quite,” The man in white smirked. Ranma squinted for a second and blinked.
 
“Wait, I saw you earlier. You were the one that destroyed that monster with that…Chi Arrow…”
 
“Yes, that was me,” He nodded. “I didn't think either of you had noticed me.”
 
“Eh,” Ranma shrugged. “Who are you?”
 
“My name is Pallas,” he shrugged.
 
“Pallas…What kind of name is that?” Ranma asked, confused.
 
“Really old, don't worry about it,” He said. “As for the Soul Stone, you must take that and burn the Soul Fire to the deepest pit of Niflheim. That should shut them up for another…oh, at least eighteen thousand years, give or take…”
 
“E-eighteen thousand years? Another?” By now, even Cologne had to gawk. She could tell that the man was immortal; for something to be as powerful as he was and not be far, far older than her was impossible. But… `Another eighteen thousand years?'
 
“Err, yeah,” He blinked. “Really, it's not that big a deal,” He shrugged. “It happens every few years, so I'm used to it.” He sweat dropped when they continued to gawk at him. “Uh, well let's get going, shall we?” He asked.
 
“What do you mean?” Ranma asked.
 
“That's right,” Cologne nodded. “You haven't told us where we're going, or why we should even trust you.”
 
“Well, the fact that I could have destroyed all of you by now should be indication enough,” He raised an eyebrow. Almost everyone had to agree with that.
 
Rie did not.
 
“Who the heck do you think you are, talking to us like that?” She asked, stepping up. Ryouga made a panicked noise and moved to stop her. “These two are the strongest martial artists I've ever seen. You don't even look like a martial artist.”
 
Indeed, as he was dressed in a full white suit of spandex complete with golden seams, He did appear to be quite…different.
 
“Eh,” He shrugged. “Well whatever. If you want to refuse my help…” He turned around and began levitating away.
 
“Wait!” Cologne called out. She glared at the back of the young girl's head and pogoed towards Pallas. “You must forgive her, Ancient One, for the child knows not what she speaks.”
 
“Hmm?” He turned and smirked.
 
“I humbly beseech you to aid us in any way possible,” She lowered her head. Shampoo almost instinctively reacted in anger; for a woman to lower her head to a male that way would have been insulting if it wasn't for the fact that even she could tell that the man before them was no ordinary male. He hadn't even directly denied his being a god.
 
The man's smirk was condescending, but no one dared to make a move against him.
 
“All right,” He said, turning around. “If that is what you desire…then I will assist you.”
 
“Yes,” the elder looked up. “What should we do now?”
 
“Your earlier commands are well enough. Those two over there,” He pointed at Ranma and Ryouga. “Will come with us. The other four are to stay here and do their best to keep the innocents safe.”
 
“Wait,” Ranma said. “Where are we going?” He asked.
 
“Watch.” The Soul Stone in Cologne's possession appeared in the man's left hand, fused. He held it up and it glowed blindingly bright. Suddenly, a rather large portal opened before them. Before anything else, however, a man wearing odd western attire appeared before the portal.
 
“Oh my, this is a surprise.” He said, looking down at the people below him. “You people wouldn't be planning to go in here, would you?” Ranma and the others looked up at him in confusion.
 
`How is he hovering like that? It's…It's more like he's standing on an invisible surface…' Ranma thought. He growled to himself. `What's with all of these people stronger than me coming out of nowhere?'
 
“Actually, we were,” The white haired man frowned as he spoke up. “Where'd you come from?” The purple haired man smiled and held up a finger.
 
“Sore wa himitsu desu,” he said simply.
 
“What the hell?” Pallas growled. “Great, just what I needed…a `Secret Keeping Mazoku'…Do you come with an instruction manual?” The purple haired man only continued smiling. It was somewhat eerie… “Atleast give me your name, Mazoku.”
 
“Hmm,” The `mazoku' looked thoughtful before smiling and raising his finger again. “Sore wa himitsu desu ne,”
 
“Oh really?” Pallas smirked. “Ranma, your energy attacks are based off of emotions, are they not?” He asked, turning to the boy. Ranma took a moment to realized they were talking to him before he simply nodded, dumbfounded. “Can you focus a special one made with love, happiness, and hope? You know, all of that fun stuff,” He asked.
 
The purple haired man's eye began to twitch after that. Cologne snickered as she realized what Pallas was doing.
 
“Uh…I don't see why not,” Ranma shrugged. “I'm not sure if it'd hurt anyone, though,”
 
“Please, use that on him,” He said, pointing at the Mazoku.
 
“…Okay,” Ranma shrugged before he closed his eyes and focused. The emotions were very alien to him, but he could remember some of it from his earliest, early child hood memories. Times where he was surrounded by both of his parents, when neither seemed out of their minds and he felt totally secure.
 
He opened his eyes to see a white ki ball in his hands with several patches of many different colors. Pink, light blue, light green, yellow… He shrugged once again before he reared back and prepared to throw it at the Mazoku.
 
“That will not be necessary,” The Mazoku said. Ranma blinked and realized that, while the floating man's face was pale, sweat was readily visible on him. “For my name is…Satoshi, the Mysterious Mage!”
 
`He called himself a “Mysterious Mage”…' more than one person present thought.
 
“Can you get rid of that?” Satoshi looked at Ranma.
 
“Why?” the teen asked seriously.
 
“Just do it, Ranma.” Pallas said. The teen shrugged and re-absorbed the ball of Ki. No reason to waste energy of any sort in the middle of a fight on this scale.
 
“…Anyway, what do you want? We're in the middle of something.”
 
“Actually, my original intention was to destroy the origin of these portals, but it looks like that's been taken care of. I guess we'll meet again, hmm?” He said.
 
“…” Pallas raised an eyebrow. `Destroy a prime source of negative emotions? That's not very Mazoku like at all.' “Do as you will.”
 
“Of course.” The Mazoku continued smiling and vanished again.
 
---
 
Negi frowned as he used his magic archer for the Nth time that night. Their enemies seemed to be respawning at a rate that was faster than the rate they were being destroyed.
 
That was bad.
 
“This is pointless,” He breathed as several arrows flew at his opponents. Asuna and Kotarou seemed to be holding their own; they'd long since split up from the other fighters, reasoning that they could take down more enemies if they had split up.
 
“Satsugeki Bukou Ken!”
 
Negi cringed as he heard Kotarou call out his new technique. It was a technique that was an amalgam of many other techniques that the boy had learned previously. Technically, because of it's name it could be done with either a sword or a fist, but Kotarou was doing it with his claws.
 
The end result was…well…quite messy.
 
`I can't believe he thought up that technique with me in mind,' he thought, troubled as the hanyou before him effortlessly cut through the enemy with his claws. Blood sprayed and flowed where the whirlwind of claws passed through. At the pace they were going, the enemies should have been defeated already, but there appeared to be an endless supply of them.
 
Suddenly, the number of creatures engaging them was zero. They looked around, battle weary and slightly confused.
 
“Is that it?” Kotarou asked.
 
“Negi!” Asuna called out as she ran towards him. Negi was already on his wand, waiting. “What's going on? Did we kill them all?”
 
“They're not targeting us any more,” Negi said simply. “They're all targeting…” They both froze and Kotarou looked at them.
 
“What? You guys sensing something?”
 
“It's…” Negi blinked. “Come on, let's go!” Asuna joined him on the wand and he took to the skies. “Kotarou, come on!” He yelled out as he flew away. The hanyou shrugged and followed them on the roofs of buildings.
 
When Satoshi appeared before them, floating in the air, Negi's eyes opened significantly and he held up his wand in an effort to stop.
 
“W-what?!” Asuna nearly screamed as she tried to hold on. They nearly crashed several times, and when they did finally slow down, they both realized that Satoshi was sitting on the end of Negi's wand as well.
 
“Negi-Kun,” The man said. “That was quite dangerous, wasn't it? I don't see a seat belt on either of you.”
 
“Why you…” Asuna's eye twitched and she clenched her fist several times. “You asshole! You nearly killed us!” She grabbed him in a headlock and proceeded to attempt to choke the life out of him.
 
“Ah, ah- Asuna-san,” He said with a gravely voice. “That kinda hurts,”
 
“Die,” She hissed.
 
“A-Asuna-san!” Negi started. Below them, Kotarou merely chuckled.
 
-
 
“Someone else appeared to have it under control, so I decided we should not interfere,” He said.
 
“Oh?” Negi asked. “But how can you be sure?”
 
Trust me on this, Negi-Kun. I can simply tell these things.”
 
“I don't think so,” Asuna said, a hand on her hip. “If they're anything like the earlier people, they'll need our help more than anything,”
 
“What?”
 
“Yeah,” Kotarou said. “Besides, I'm not about to let some cheesy cheerleading group get all of the credit for our hard work,” He smirked.
 
“You appeared to be enjoying yourself,” Satoshi said.
 
“So what?” Kotarou said, hopping away. “I think it's already decided that we're going to help them,”
 
“Asuna-san, this goes against your nature,” Negi pointed out.
 
“I know, but if all goes wrong and they lose, we'll have to deal with them sooner or later.” `It always comes down to us,' She thought, miffed. Satoshi looked at her with a grin for a second before shrugging.
 
“Mou…It's not possible to follow them,” Satoshi said with a sigh.
 
“Why not?”
 
“From what I heard, they've gone to a place that humans would not be able to survive in…”
 
“That should be no problem for you, right?” added a new voice.
 
“Eh,” Satoshi blinked when Aiko appeared behind him. “Maybe not, but I don't think I could support you four in there,” He said. “It would be rather…difficult, to say the least.” Negi and Asuna blinked at him.
 
`Wait a minute, isn't he human too?' Asuna looked on in confusion. `But if he's not, what is he?'
 
“Anyway,” Satoshi said. “I think it would be best to get back to your station.”
 
“You're joking, right?” Kotarou asked. He motioned their surroundings. Various rubble surrounded them; parts of the city were in complete ruins.
 
“Hmm…You're right, that could be troublesome,” The mage said, rubbing his chin. “However, I believe I can rectify that…”
 
---
 
“What the hell is this place?!” Ryouga asked. They were standing on a transparent platform, and all around them was a green fog. The platform was connected by a walkway to an identical platform and the other one appeared to continue the path.
 
“Quite,” Pallas snorted unceremoniously. “Allow me to explain the rules of Niflheim. The platforms are arranged in a series of mazes. The Soul Stone is the only reason we can exist here; with the exception of the natives and other demonic sort, any life forms that entered would die in minutes from the atmosphere alone. That's assuming they were as highly trained as you three,” He said. “But even the Soul Stone's power is not absolute here. It's power degenerates as we move. The only way for it to remain effective is the light the Soul Fire torches along the way.”
 
`Eh? Soul Fire? Where have I heard that before?' Ranma thought to himself.
 
“…eepest part of the dimension is where we can use the soulfire to seal this dimension for another few millennia,” He said in a tone of finality. “Now then, shall we?” He asked.
 
“What are you talking about?”
 
“We're going to destroy the source of those monsters. You know, the ones that were ravaging Tokyo a little while ago?”
 
“Oh…How are we going to do that? Why couldn't you do that alone?”
 
“Because taking you along amuses me,” The man said putting a hand up to his face. “Although now I am wondering if it was the correct decision…”
 
“I believe it would be best if we were to continue on our path as soon as possible,” Cologne spoke up.
 
“Yes, that is true. Let us be on our way,” Pallas led the group across a walkway.
 
---
 
Asuna, Negi and Kotarou stared in shock at their surroundings.
 
What had been reduced to rubble seconds ago now showed no signs of stress or decay. The entire city had been magically reconstructed in seconds.
 
“There,” Satoshi said, his usual smile set on his face. “Shall we go, children?” Kotarou was the first to recover.
 
“What is this `We'? You're not being provided for at our expense! You're a grown man!”
 
“Ow, that hurts so much,” Satoshi said, not loosening his smile at all. “Fine, I'll sleep out in the garbage. You wouldn't happen to have any pointers for living the homeless life, would you, Kotarou-Kun?” A fist to the face was his answer. Aiko took a step towards them both.
 
“That's enough, idiot,” She said, grabbing Satoshi by the arm. “You kids go on home, Satoshi and I still have our own jobs to get back to.” She turned around and started practically dragging him away. Kotarou merely growled at their retreating forms. Negi put a hand on his shoulder.
 
“It's not like you to lose your cool that easily,” Negi said. “Did something happen?”
 
“No,” Kotarou said, swatting his friend/rival's hand off of his shoulder. “That guy just brings out the worst in me, that's all.” He leapt up the side of a building that had been destroyed and bounded off of it, continuing upwards towards the roof of one opposite of it on the street, then away towards their apartment. Negi sighed and sat himself at the head of his wand. When Asuna did not get on, he turned around to look at her.
 
“Asuna-san, is something wrong?” He asked. He blinked as he found her looking up at the sky with a blank look. “Asuna-san?” She reacted with surprise and her gaze fell down to the boy.
 
“Oh, sorry,” She said. “I was just thinking.”
 
“Oh? What of?”
 
“That man…Satoshi. He reminds me…no, never mind. It's nothing,” She said, joining him on the wand. “Let's go,” She put her arms around him and held tightly.
 
“Hang on,”
 
---
 
“Sailor Mercury, can you tell us what in Serenity's name just happened?”
 
“Ah, I'm trying to figure that out right now,” said Senshi explained. “Here we go… apparently, a new energy source appeared and then just as quickly vanished while that white glow encompassed the city… the energy used is unidentifiable, although the source is from something I managed to scan earlier tonight…”
 
“That would be..?” the Senshi of Time spoke up.
 
“Ah, well I'm not quite sure,” She said. Most of the Senshi blink-blinked at that. “It's indefinite, but this man is, according to the Mercury Computer, something called a `Mazoku.'” When she finished, the Senshi, with the sole exception of Setsuna looked at her in confusion.
 
Setsuna was white as sheet rock.
 
“A Mazoku? You are absolutely, positively sure that the man identified was a Mazoku?” She asked.
 
“Ah, well it's one of the possible things for him to be,” she said. `Didn't I just say that it was indefinite..?'
 
“What's up, Setsuna?” Minako spoke up. “You look `absolutely, positively' spooked. Is this `Mazoku' guy something we should know about?”
 
“Yes, and I will tell you in due time. For now, however…” She looked around the group. “Where is Chibi-Usa?”
 
“I'm right here,” a voice said from the side. They all turned to see an exhausted looking Chibi-Usa staggering towards them. Almost all of the Senshi with the exceptions of Setsuna and Ami rushed over to join her. “I'm okay, I'm okay. Just tired from Solo-ing tons of demons,” She spat, swatting at them somewhat bitterly. `I know it was that guy's fault, but I didn't think it would be that easy for them to forget about me…'
 
“Hmm?” Mercury blinked at her Computer.
 
“What is it?” Usagi asked. “Is something wrong?”
 
“It's—“
 
“Nothing,” Setsuna answered for the other Senshi. “Nothing at all.” When the other looked at her, she merely spared her a sidelong glance. `We'll talk later' was interpreted by the Mercurial Senshi, who gave a slight nod in response. “As for now, I would suggest we rest. The Mercury Computer will need some time to gather and organize all of the data from today. It is late; these are matters that can be discussed tomorrow,” She said with a long sigh.
 
“That is acceptable to me,” Usagi nodded.
 
“All right,”
 
And with that, they were done for the night.
 
---
 
“Halt.” Pallas said suddenly, causing the two younger members of the group to stumble over themselves. “Something is wrong.”
 
“Indeed,” The Cologne nodded.
 
“Eh?” Ryouga asked as he picked himself up.
 
“It's too quiet,” Ranma said as he stood. “This has to be a trap or something, right?”
 
“We haven't had to avoid a single monster of any sort at all.” Pallas pointed out. “We've had no enemies for two straight floors. Something is quite obviously amiss.” He scanned the horizon, but found nothing other than the endless, identical maze of platforms connected by walkways. “This is most unusual.”
 
“Whatever the case, we can only make progress at this rate. You said earlier that the only way to leave Niflheim was to use the torches that lit with green fire, or by lighting the massive torch at it's end, yes?”
 
“That is correct,” He nodded. “Let us continue.”
 
-
 
A little over an hour later, the group came upon their eighteenth teleporter.
 
“This should be the last one. The large torch should be beyond this floor,” He said. “However…I have a feeling that something other than Living Armor is waiting for us,” He muttered the last part.
 
“Living Armor?”
 
“An ancient set of possessed armor older than myself and crafted to fit a giant,” He said. “It appears as though that bit of information is unimportant, though.” He stepped onto the teleporter and was enveloped by the bright blue glow. “Don't dawdle.” The next to follow was Cologne, leaving the two boys alone.
 
“Man, we're in way over our heads on this one, Saotome.” Ryouga said.
 
“I'd bet on it,” Ranma sighed and they both stepped on the teleporter at once and vanished within its sudden blue glow.
 
Seconds later, the two were greeted with a sight not too different from two of the rooms they had been in before. The usual square shaped platforms had been replaced with a single round one. They joined Pallas on the opposite side of the platform, but before they could ask anything, Pallas spoke up.
 
“The torch is gone.” He said. “The transporter on this side is broken,” Ranma and Ryouga turned to notice the device; and indeed, its usual metallic, blue surface was cracked and the usual glow, gone as well. “And I don't see Living Armor anywhere,” He said. “This does not make sense.” The three stared at him, the oldest of the three wondering if they had been deceived by the man. Sensing her discomfort, he began speaking his thoughts aloud again. “It started not making sense when all of those monsters breached the surface. That is not Niflheim's usual method of attack. Their aim is to slowly corrupt humankind until we are forced into total anarchy or some other undesirable fate, then assuming control and carrying out the torture of the damned,”
 
He was met with two expressions of surprise and an emotionless mask.
 
“Why would they want to do that? I mean, aside from being evil?” Ryouga asked. “It seems incredibly complicated and drawn out…”
 
“To be brief, they are Mazoku. Some of the only surviving Mazoku of Aselia, I might add.”
 
“What the hell is a Mazoku?” Ranma asked this time.
 
“Mazoku are a type of demon that literally feed and gain nourishment from the darker emotions of human kind; Fear, Hatred, Despair…You remember that man that appeared earlier? The one claiming to be a mage by the name of Satoshi? He was also a Mazoku, but a very powerful one, as he was able to hold a human form. Living armor and Hell Knight, the leaders of Niflheim are much lower in power, as neither are able to hold anything even close to a human form. However, even still, they were incredibly powerful, and a Mazoku can only be truly killed by an attack on the astral plane. Seeing as how Niflheim is controlled by the Living Armor, it is impossible for my clan to destroy him in this world. That is how they were able to revive after a lengthened period of time.
 
“However, this time, not only did they send their forces to Earth, understandably to cause pain and anguish to those living in it, but they sent all of their forces. That was a tactical mistake, and a grievous error that Living Armor does not tend to make. Now their entire army of demons is nonexistent, which would explain why we received no resistance upon entering and traversing Niflheim. This would also indirectly explain the absences of Living armor and Hell Knight,” Pallas said, gritting his teeth to suppress a curse. A teal magic circle inlaid with runes appeared at his feet and he closed his eyes, as he began chanting in a language none of the others present had ever heard before.
 
“That's right, boys and girls,” Came a new voice. Ryouga's blood ran cold. Not because of the sound of the voice; the voice was all too familiar as it belonged to the boy standing next to him. The intent and power behind the voice, however, was something that had been ingrained into his memories forever.
 
It was laced with the deadly killing intent of someone who had such a disregard for human life that it could be only called evil. They all turned around, and Pallas did not falter with his spell at all.
 
“Niflheim is under new management!” a near mirror image of Ranma yelled out. The only differences were the red/blue eyes, clawed hands, and unmistakable sadistic grin plastered on his face.
 
Ryouga had a quick flashback involving Ranma unconciously vomiting an inky black pool of what appeared to be pure darkness before their battleground caved in.
 
“W…What the hell?” Ranma uttered in surprise. When he noticed the looks of pure, utter terror on Ryouga's and Cologne's faces, it was more than enough to confuse him. “What the hell is going on? Who are you?”
 
“Ha ha ha ha. I'm Ranma!” He laughed even more.
 
Pallas' incantation was lost on Ranma as he studied his alternate self, still shocked over Ryouga and Cologne's initial reactions..
 
“CYCLONE!” The man yelled out and several new runes lit up around him, magical symbols floating in the air. Suddenly, out of nowhere, a large cyclone began to form around Dark Ranma, ruthlessly tearing at him. The vacuum inside nearly shredded his clothes, but appeared to make no difference to the dark warrior.
 
When all was done, Yami Ranma only continued his incessant laughing. Pallas nearly lost his cool at the state of his allies. “What are you fools waiting for? Attack!”
 
Shaken from their stupor, Ryouga, Ranma and Cologne instantly engaged the demonic incarnation of the pig-tailed boy. He appeared, however, to have no trouble at all dodging or blocking any of their frenzied attacks, enhanced by pure, undisturbed fear and the need to survive. That he was doing so and laughing, however, was only discouraging.
 
“Get out of the way!” The silver haired man commanded suddenly. “Explosion!”
 
The three fighters pulled back to see a red shadow appear under Yami Ranma. They looked up to see a speeding missile of some sort falling towards him at rapid speed. The ensuing isolated explosion was almost five meters in diameter with Yami Ranma in the center. When the blast dome died away seconds later, an unharmed looking Dark Ranma was standing there with his ever present grin as a blue barrier of energy died away.
 
“I actually had to guard myself against that one,” he chuckled. “So let's be serious, shall we?” His left hand rose and he pointed two fingers at Ranma and Ryouga. Suddenly, their Jusenkyo curses were activated, reducing one to a defenseless swine and the other to a slighty-weaker-if-slightly-faster-but-definitely-feminine version of himself.
 
“What the hell?! Why did I turn into a girl?!” Ranma asked.
 
“As the destroyer and inheritor of Niflheim, he has the power to control the world as he pleases to a certain extent,” Pallas explained, already working on another spell.
 
“Such as activating a water-based curse with no water,” Cologne nodded. “We must be extra careful, then.”
 
“Blah, blah, blah,” Dark Ranma said. “You people are boring me with your extensive dialogue. Shall I end your lives now?” He smirked.
 
Cologne and Ranma-chan then continued their frontal assault as P-chan hid behind Pallas, seething with anger and depression at being useless. Ranma-chan was knocked to the side and Dark-Ranma immediately intensified his attacks on Cologne. The elder was, to Ranma and Ryouga's surprise, quickly overwhelmed and sent over the platform, flying out into the space of Niflheim.
 
“Cologne!” Ranma-chan cried out, as the woman disappeared from their view. The girl's eyes were wet with tears that she did not know she had and they began to freely flow as the prospect of her mentor's death was made reality.
 
“Ha ha ha, she didn't last too long and now I'm bored again,” He turned to Ranma-Chan. “Will you play with me?”
 
“You…” She turned to face Yami Ranma with a new fire burning in her eyes. The boy only stood there with a pleased look on his face. “You'll pay for this! I swear, you bastard, you're gonna die!” She immediately became a human torch of the green fire associated with depression. “SHI SHI HOKUDAN!” She screamed the name of the attack as she launched an impressive blast of chi at her evil twin. He dodged and smirked as he approached her. He didn't have to go to far as she launched her self at him, closing the distance at a speed even he admitted he would have found hard to match, a frenzy of attacks and full powered techniques. She only realized too late, however, the spiral they were moving in.
 
“Hiryu Shöten Ha!” He called out the name of the attack with a simple grin. As he threw an uppercut that barely missed his opponent. She almost screamed as a massive tornado of energy enclosed the entire platform. Both Pallas and Dark Ranma were unmoved by it; Yami Ranma maintaining the soul of ice required to use it, and Pallas, though not having seen the technique before, was able to see how it worked as Yami Ranma prepared it. Unfortunately, due to his current incantation, he was unable to yell out a warning to the red-haired berserker. The tiny piglet had been caught in the winds, however, and was also promptly tossed off of the platform.
 
“To the light that shines like the heavens, Hear my call,” Pallas started, nearly complete with his spell. Yami Ranma paid him little mind as he watched the sky, waiting for the red headed female version of himself to fall. “To the gates of the underworld, open up and hear thy call!” Yami Ranma's eye twitched as he sensed a serious gathering of power from the ancient elven mage. “Come forth, Lightning of God!” His gaze fell to the man and he gave a disapproving sigh. “This is the end!” He called out and symbols of mana gathered around him.
 
“Indignation!” Suddenly, there was a deep, deep rumbling noise and a huge bolt of lightning struck Yami Ranma, knocking him off of his feet with a great explosion of energy. The initial blast had sent shockwaves through out the platform, destroying the cyclone of air that Yami Ranma had summoned, as well as taking a rather large chunk of the floor away. The mage cursed.
 
“Dammit, that spell seems to be weaker in here for some reason,” He muttered. Finally, Ranma-chan fell down from the sky, and landed on the ground, creating a rather large crater. “But it seems he's gone-“ He promptly fell forward, paralyzed and shaking.
 
“Nope, still here,” Dark Ranma said from behind him smugly. “Although I'll admit that was rather dangerous. For all your posturing, you do seem to have some measure of power within you,” He smirked. “Unfortunately, that was not enough, and now you will pay the ultimate price.” While he had been talking, he had picked up the man and rather easily carried him to the side. “You see, Living Armor and Hell Knight were both fools. They had such power over you and your pathetic friends, but never could figure it out.” He was answered only by silence; the pressure points he'd pushed on the elf were enough to sure that he could barely even breath; and that he had to make a conscious effort to do so.
 
“You may indeed be very powerful; if we had not been in this world, I would have died before our battle even started,” He admitted. “However, you made the mistake that all with great power eventually do. You were careless.” He held him over the edge and gave a humourous laugh once again. “Good bye, fool!” He dropped the elf and watched as his form disappeared into the foggy red depths of Niflheim's atmosphere. There was a moan behind him and he grinned turning to face the only combatant left. “I see you're still alive,”
 
“You…bastard…” the girl choked out as blood oozed out of her mouth and from many wounds.
 
“I believe you've met my father before. About five tons, black and white spots, and would make for a very nice Panda Skin,” He said with a grin. “Skinned and cleaned by yours truly, of course.”
 
“You…ain't gonna do…a damned…thing to…oyaji,” She breathed out. Sure, the old man was a nuisance, one that viewed her as being close to expendable as you could be without actually being it, but she still owed him for taking part in creating her.
 
“You really are a pathetic girl. All emotional and weak, just like a girl,” He smirked as he walked over to her. “Hey, sweet-cheeks, you like what you see?” He asked, standing in her field of vision. “I bet you'd just love to get your hands all over this, you sick, depraved little slut,” His evil grin intensified as she growled. “What's wrong, can't get up? Are you really that weak? Come on, girl, stand up and show me what you've got!” He kicked her in the side, laughing. “Or do you want to be coddled and just let a real man do all the work for you while you walk around, barefoot and pregnant-“
 
“Urusai!” she screamed.
 
“I'm not going to stop talking just because a weak little girl asked me to,” He said. “You know, I've been talking as if you'd accept being a girl, one hundred percent.” Instantly, he switched over to the feminine persona of Ranma and held up her bust. “Maybe you intend on being some kind of freak? Is that it?”
 
“I'm…not sick or depraved…like you,” She barely managed to get out before she coughed up some blood. “You're pure evil…you already are some kind of freak,”
 
“Hahaha, why thank you!” She, now he again guffawed, much to Ranma-chan's chagrin. “You know, I try, and I just thought no one was noticing!”
 
“Temee,” Ranma-chan said in a garbled voice.
 
“Haaa..” He wiped a tear of mirth away. “So how would you like to make a deal,”
 
Ranm-chan responded with silence.
 
“Yes, a deal. You allow me back into your body to balance out that pussy-whipped attitude of yours, and I allow your friends and you to leave this place, also destroying Niflheim.”
 
“Back…into my…body..?” the girl asked in confusion.
 
“Ah yes, that's right, you don't know, do you? They lied to you about what happened a week or so ago, you know. Here, let me show you!” Ranma-chan's eyes went unfocused as she was forced to relive a memory. She could remember enjoying herself as she used a simple reversal technique to rip a hanyou to shreds, brutally and without regret literally beat the two girls that had become closer to him than his own family, ending with knocking out his new friend and tutor by slamming him into a wall.
 
All without breaking a sweat and enjoying himself, as she had been, at the time.
 
“No…”
 
“That's right, Ranma,” Yami-Ranma laughed. “You nearly killed them, and you were happy about it. You wanted to rip them apart, taste their blood, crush their organs in your hands, and destroy every ounce of life within them.”
 
“No…I could never…”
 
“You could, and you nearly did,” Dark Ranma scowled. “And you will again, soon!” He laughed bitterly.
 
“No! No…I…no…” the girl's voice was barely less than a squeak.
 
“You will again, that is, unless you balance yourself out.” Dark Ranma laughed. “By accepting me into your body, and mind, so that we can be whole again!” He growled. “You've been a fool all your life; stolen by your father, sold by said worthless excuse for life and beaten into an inch of your life as a means of training. But at that time, you had some hope that one day you could get back at your father. Then the curse came.” He was silent for a good while as Ranma-chan remembered what had happened.
 
“The day you grew breasts was the day you lost all semblance of hope. And every time thereafter a cure was mentioned, then discredited, it only destroyed us even further. You were so broken that when you came to the Tendo Dojo, you settled right in with nary a complaint,”
 
“That's not true!” Ranma-chan screamed.
 
“It is so and you know it! You could have left and searched for a cure! You could have, but you didn't!” the Dark entity growled as he clenched a fist, drawing his own blood. “It was then that I began to develop myself separate of you. After that, every incident that you could have resolved in a more self-satisfying way, I grew more powerful, more vindictive, and even more determined to take control of our body and get you out of every stupid situation you and your old man had put you in. Then came that fateful day, only a week ago,” He smiled as if he was remembering something. “Sweet, sweet revenge, Ranma. Do you know it? You do not know it the way I do. I always knew, you know. Who Chibi-Usa and Usagi were. The beatings they received were to put them in their proper place, you know? Beneath men, beneath us-“
 
“Shut up, Shut up, Shut up, SHUT UP!” Ranma-chan screamed. “I don't care about who or what you are. But I know…” She had to stop as she dry heaved.
 
“If you're about to say that you'd never join up with the likes of me, stuff it, moron. I've seen that crap on those television shows that you watch, and you know what happens? The hero always gets faced with a situation where he either gets killed, barely survives, changed forever…or he takes up his rival and nemesis up on his offer. I was prepared for this, you great fool. That's why I took the time to do you the favor of eliminating Living Armor and Hell Knight, ending their presence up on Earth as well.”
 
“You…fool. Tons of people died tonight because of you…You aren't trying to save the world, you're trying to save yourself,” she growled.
 
“I beg to differ. A new mutual friend of ours managed to reject all of that. In other words, the complete and total destruction of Juuban, Nerima, Furinkan, and all of Tokyo never happened.”
 
“Wh…What?”
 
“You see, he came to me with interesting news,” Dark Ranma started. “And for the last few days, while Hell Knight and Living Armor's astral bodies rotted, I considered things.” Dark Ranma Paused, as he seemed to be flickering. “Damn, my time with you is over for now,” He smirked, an evil disturbing smile that oozed hate and evil, as a result, looking horribly misplaced on Ranma's face.
 
“W…what's happening?”
 
“Don't worry, Ranma-chan­, We'll have another chance to speak like this. You can count on it.”
 
“Damn you…” She said as the world faded from view and she closed her eyes.
 
-
 
“He's waking up,” Pallas' voice came from Ranma's left. Ranma's eyes opened and he greeted the world with a fatigued sigh.
 
`Am I really…like that?' He remembered his alternate self's mocking attitude towards women. `No…I'm not like that…I don't think women are beneath me…do I?'
 
“Ranma, are you all right?” came a wizened old voice from…up. He assumed he was lying down; all sensation of touch had not yet returned to him.
 
“Ah, I'm fine…what happened?”
 
“Niflheim is a dream world,” Pallas elaborated. “Although it is quite easy to maintain and understand; technically if you are dreaming you are in control, that evil version of you used up all of his energy in doing so.”
 
“So that's why I'm male…and not torn up?” the disoriented boy asked.
 
“Yes, that's exactly right.” Pallas said. “It seems you've stabilized.” He took a step back as Ranma stood up and took in his surroundings. They were all standing in front of the cat café, with the buildings and street looking none the worse for the wear.
 
“He wasn't lying…” Ranma muttered.
 
“Excuse me?” Cologne asked.
 
“Nothing,” He said. “Do we know how the world was restored?” He was greeted with the shakes of many a head, but the newest member of their group's expression was actually quite grim.
 
“It's a time/space event-rejecting spell. But to have been on this scale, it would have had to been done by someone very powerful. I wasn't present for it, and the only one of my companions on Aselia at the moment isn't allowed to directly intervene in such a way.”
 
“Rejection…spell?” Cologne asked. Pallas nodded.
 
“An advanced spell that erases or even rewinds events. Any one not protected by magic of some sort has totally forgotten what happened. Things went on as they would have if Niflheim's forces had never attacked.”
 
“Oh…” Ranma nodded, understanding. “I…I suppose that's all well and good,” He said. “That we're the only ones who remember…”
 
“Yes, well, I must be leaving now. We will meet again, however; I feel fate has much in store for you and your friends,” the elven man said. They all nodded as he became enshrouded in white light before flashing upwards at a speed Ranma thought only Touya could match.
 
---
 
“That was quite odd, though when everything returned to normal,” Shinku said.
 
“This night has really been crazy,” Jun said, sitting on his bed. “I gained super powers reserved for freaks with superiority complexes and ditzes that spew the word `Seigi' every few seconds,” he grumbled.
 
“At least Nori was home, safe and sound, when we returned,” Shinku pointed out.
 
“Yes, there's that,” Jun sighed as he looked out his window as a certain planet. `I feel as if something I have been waiting for a long time has finally arrived, but how? This is damn confusing,'
 
---
 
Kuno grunted as he shifted Nabiki in his arms, carrying her bridal-style to her house. She had told him she was feeling too ill to walk the whole way, and was now asleep in his arms.
 
“Let her believe it was all some twisted dream,” He said. “I'll have to re-engage that odd persona of mine again, but it should come easily,” he grunted, knocking on the shoji screen before setting her gently on the ground. He looked at her peaceful form again before turning away.
 
“I must make haste, before the lady awakes and my plans are made null,” He sighed, leaping away.
 
Seconds later, the Shoji Screen that Nabiki had been leaned against opened quickly, allowing the middle Tendo sister to fall inside.
 
“Nabiki?”
 
Needless to say, a string of expletives followed.
 
-----
 
Later that night (Closer to morning,) Ryouga woke up at his usual time. Wondering why he had woken up so early, as the previous night's activies should had kept him immobilized for a while longer.
 
He got up for a cup of water and slowly walked through the inky darkness of his house, when he heard the sound of a girl sobbing. He saw the rough shape of a girl sitting at his western dining table and fear gripped him; had something happened to his sister?
 
He silently made his way closer towards Rie, not wanting to surprise her, but still curious as to what the problem could be. When he got close enough, however, the dim light was enough to reveal that the hair on the girl's head was red, not the usual black or dark brown of his clan.
 
“Ranma?”
 
Omake:
---------
 
“You…fool. Tons of people died tonight because of you…You aren't trying to save the world, you're trying to save yourself,” she growled.
 
“I beg to differ. Sacrifices must be made in order for a revolution to occur. If everyone becomes the same, there will be no discrimination. That is the way to save the world!”
 
“No it's not!”
 
“What you're doing is the same. You're trying to save your friends, are you not?”
 
“I'm not the same! I'm trying to save my friends and the world! You're just a coward who gave up!”
 
“Why can't you agree with my perfect vision?!”
 
“How can your vision be perfect if millions of innocent people have to die?”
 
“Human! Do not tell me what is right and wrong!”
 
---Fin---
 
was it good?