Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Total Shock ❯ Flow ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own any of the characters/settings/etc. used in this story unless otherwise mentioned.
 
-X-X-X-
 
“Dai,” Xellis said to his partner. The two were standing amidst the tree branches of the Yggdrasil. “I have found it.”
 
“Found what?” Dai asked irritably. Sometimes, the purple haired Mazoku could be incredibly vague. Dai wondered if it was just a quirk or if he was actually unaware.
 
“The cure, of course.”
 
“The cure…? What nonsense do you speak of, man?” Dai demanded.
 
“The cure! The cure for your curse,” Xellis said cheerfully. “I've found it.”
 
“Which curse are you talking about?” Dai asked calmly. “There are many.”
 
“The most recent two,” Xellis said with a smile. “It resides within a boy by the name of Sakai Yuuji. He is currently with two flame haze, and en route to Tokyo to meet with me, Negi, and Evangeline's group, as per old man Konoe's orders.”
 
“Within?” Dai narrowed his eyes. “How do I get this thing from him? And for the love of my mother, could you please be more specific about which two curses you're talking about?”
 
“The girl curse and the body you must share with your sister. As for the cure, you must retrieve it from him, of course.”
 
“Xellis…” Dai sighed. “Retrieve how? And I'm telling you right now that sharing a body with my sister is not a curse.”
 
“True, but with the Reiji Maigo, you can both be separated without worrying about having your souls be destroyed. It's much more powerful than you are.”
 
“Reiji Maigo, right. I'll look into that,” Dai said calmly. “Now, exactly how am I to retrieve it from him?” He demanded. Xellis merely smiled and held up a finger, causing Dai to frown.
 
“I'll leave that to you,” Xellis said as he fell backwards, off of the tree branch he was on. Dai didn't have to look down to know that the Mazoku had vanished. The black haired man merely frowned.
 
“It's been a month for her. I'll have to merge with her sometime in the next week to avoid incurring permanent damage. But…” He looked up into the branches above him, and could see the moon in the morning sky from where he was. “Would it be a crime to want a separate body again?”
 
-X-X-X-
 
Jun stared at the television screen in contemplation.
 
On the screen was a news bulletin about a brutal massacre that had happened in some office in another district. Everyone inside the building had been slaughtered, in various and creative ways. It was as if the killer had been playing an innocent game rather than committing a cold-blooded crime of the worst degree. Jun wasn't interested in the details, though a few of them did slip through to him.
 
No, the thing he was interested in was the sketch in his hands. He did not need to look at it to see the sinister smirk on the man's bloodstained face. The image was seared into his memory. He had had another vision; in it, a the man was slowly taking apart a small child. The screaming got louder and louder throughout the ordeal, and as the monster dismembered the child's small body piece by piece, he'd done something to keep the poor thing from dying right away. The child's screams hadn't stopped until his chest exploded, spraying the area with blood, and even then Jun wasn't sure if it was because the child was dead, or if he simply did not have the lungs necessary for it.
 
But there hadn't been any children in this killing spree. Was there a child lying somewhere in Tokyo, limbs ripped apart and face fixed in an expression of pain, horror, and suffering? Jun wanted to think that if there was, it would have been found by now. But a nagging feeling told him that it wasn't like that.
 
He looked down at the sketch in his hands. Had it happened in the past? Was it something that was yet to happen? He didn't know, and he really didn't want to care. But try as he might, he couldn't ignore the fact that there was some monster with an unholy power going around and killing innocent people. He wanted to believe the Sailor Senshi would handle it, but he really didn't. The senshi dealt with monsters that were far more obvious, and from what he knew, it was likely they wouldn't try to use lethal force on this monster.
 
But Jun knew that there was no way they could avoid using lethal force. This bastard's time on Earth was up, that was that. But who else would carry out such an order? Carrying weapons was illegal for the Japanese anyway, and from what he'd seen in his sketch of this monster, there was no way conventional weapons would work on it.
 
That left one choice. He did not like it at all.
 
“Shinku,” He started as he stood up. “I'm going out.”
 
The doll looked up at him, surprised.
 
“Jun-kun? What do you mean, you are going out?”
 
“I've got some places to go,” He said, glancing at the television. The office was in a different district, but he could take a train.
 
“You mean, you're going outside?” She asked, looking at him in astonishment.
 
“Yeah. Do you have a problem?” He asked, with a daring look.
 
“No… But it's not like you to go outside.”
 
“It's something that has been bothering me for a few days, actually.” He walked over to the door and started putting on his shoes. “Since that night…” Once he tied the shoe laces, he reached up to the coat rack and grabbed a large black trench coat and matching fedora. He grabbed some sunglasses that were sitting on top of the rack and put them on, then turned over to look at the doll. “How do I look? Okay?” The doll could only stare at him for the first few seconds before she was able to register that she'd been asked a question.
 
“You look fine,” She said, not wanting to discourage him from going outside. “But won't you be hot in that?”
 
“I don't want anyone to see me.” He said.
 
“Well, people will definitely see you.”
 
“Yes, but they won't be seeing me,” he turned towards the door. “I'd invite you to come with me, but it would probably be boring for you.” He opened the door and walked out, shutting it behind himself.
 
-X-X-X-
 
Asuna looked down at the two boys as she followed behind them on the crowded sidewalk. They were all wearing their most casual clothing.
 
“So you think this murderer might be connected to that energy?” Asuna asked the young magi. The boy nodded, even though she was looking at the back of his head.
 
“Yes. The way those people were killed was not something an ordinary human could do.” Asuna didn't even bother to hide the loud, disappointed sigh as she followed him. She had been distinctly hoping he'd say `No', but apparently that was not to be. “I don't think it was a magi, either, though,” He said. “But we're going to the site to see what we can learn of it.”
 
“Yeah. Let's go to the site of the crime. You know, the place the criminal always returns to.” She shuddered. Kagurazaka Asuna did not really care for meeting insane serial killers. Especially inhuman ones.
 
“Don't worry about it, Ane-san. It ain't nothing those big antennas of yours can't handle,” Kotarou quipped. “He comes after us and you can cut him-“
 
“Come here you little brat!” Asuna growled out as she tried to grab the hybrid by his hair. Kotarou snorted and jumped out of the way before she could latch on to him. “If you don't shut up, you little mongrel, you'll be eating your doggy biscuits through a straw,” She growled out.
 
“You'll have to catch me first, elf,” He snorted as he took off running. Negi sighed and stopped walking as he watched the girl give chase.
 
“We're on the job, you two,” He muttered, even though neither one heard him. `Oh well. I'll just summon Asuna-san when I get there…' He sighed and started walking again. Hopefully no one would think much of a ten year old walking all by his lonesome in the city area.
 
 
-X-X-X-
 
 
Cologne closed her eyes as the television relayed a message she had been expecting to hear that morning. In truth, she'd hoped that Konatsu had been mistaken when he'd claimed to have run into a demon calling itself a Mazoku, but there was now solid evidence of such a creature running about. The old woman sent a quick prayer to all of the poor souls whose lives had been ruthlessly ended by what could not be any less than a demon as the solemn woman on her small television set relayed yet again, the deathtoll of a scene in downtown Tokyo.
 
“Great Grandmother,” Shampoo's voice came from behind her. “This is why our sisters are on their way here?”
 
“Haven't I told you to speak Japanese as long as you're here?” the older woman snapped. “And yes, this is why our strongest warriors are coming to join us. Ranma can't fight a Mazoku alone, they're on a completely different level than even Saffron.” Shampoo didn't say anything for a short while after that.
 
“But we can win, right?” The younger girl fidgeted for a moment.
 
“At this point, it's just one. It is definitely possible for us to destroy it. However, this will take an amount of magic that even the Amazon's predecessors were unable to use for millennia. An old friend of mine was able to get us some sensitive information, regarding the world as a whole, however, and it seems that we will not be alone for this battle.” Shampoo didn't answer that. “Your break is almost over. Get back to work.”
 
“Yes, Great Grandmother.” The young girl nodded at that and turned to leave the elder to herself.
 
“It really is unfortunate that Ranma defeated Saffron so soundly, or he might have been a help at this point…” The old woman shook her head. “He would have known the dangers Mazoku pose to us all. As it stands, The Musk are the only ones who can afford to send their forces so far away from base right now…”
 
 
-X-X-X-
 
 
Ranma looked at the rebuilt airplane in awe. She, Washuu, and Nabiki were standing in a clearing not too far away from the house, where the plane was sitting, looking relatively newer than it had been when Ranma last saw it. `How did they do this so fast?'
 
“It only looks like an airplane now,” Washuu said proudly. “In truth, it's an intergalactic space cruiser! Watch!” She typed a few commands into her computer and the wings folded back, so that the tips were pointed behind the plane. “I think it's primitive looking, but he wanted to avoid making it too much better than before,” the scientist commented as the wing tips lit up. “It even has a piloting AI. It can still be manually piloted, of course!”
 
“Right. Does this mean that I'm out a job?” Everyone turned to look at the man who stood there. It was a young man with long brown hair, dressed in casual clothing.
 
“Oh, I don't think so,” Washuu said with a wink.
 
“Yeah, Kuno should need someone to keep up appearances for a little while at least,”
 
“That's good,” The man sighed. “I kind of need the money.”
 
“Who's this guy?” Ranma asked, pointing at him.
 
“You don't know?” Nabiki asked, giving Ranma a sharp look. “That's Higurashi-san, he was the pilot of Kuno's plane,”
 
“Oh?” Ranma blinked. “I didn't notice him before.” Nabiki rolled her eyes at that.
 
“That's just like you.” Washuu smiled at the byplay and turned her attention to Higurashi.
 
“You seem to be taking this all well, for a normal person.”
 
“Normal person?” Higurashi chuckled. “I had my share of adventures in my youth. This is not too surprising.”
 
“I'm sure you did.” Washuu grinned at him, and he sighed.
 
“I've actually been waiting for someone to appear and make things worse again.”
 
“Really now?”
 
“Time travel,” He shrugged. The two teens looked at him when he said that. “What? You guys did it before. Can't people I know do it too?”
 
“You're from Nerima then?”
 
“Well, I live there now,” he said with a shrug. “Though the only thing keeping me is my job, really…” He muttered.
 
“Eh-heh,” Ranma chuckled while rubbing the back of his head.
 
“Anyway,” Nabiki started, “As long as it's as comfortable inside now as it was before.”
 
“Oh, sure it is.” Washuu assured her.
 
“Then,” the white haired girl continued, “It should be rather easy to convince anyone who sees it that it's a regular airplane, right?”
 
“Yup, as per your requests,” Washuu nodded, typing in more commands to her ever present. The wings all folded back out and it looked more like a normal jet then.
 
“I'll admit that I'm impressed,” Higurashi said, looking up at the machine.
 
“Heh! If that's all, then let's go back. Breakfast should be ready by now, even as big as it must be.”
 
“Yeah, Kasumi and Sasami-chan said we'd have to eat outside because there wasn't enough space inside the house,” Ranma said, as if remembering something.
 
“That's fine, it's a relatively nice day out,” Nabiki said as she shielded her eyes with an arm and looked up into the bright blue sky. “We should be okay eating outside.”
 
 
-X-X-X-
 
 
Just before the meal could get started, Soun pulled Genma into a secluded room to speak with him alone.
 
“Tendo, there was something you wanted to tell me?” The bald martial artist asked as he sat across from the long haired mustachioed man he called his best friend.
 
“Yes, Saotome, it's about the girls,” The other man said tiredly. “You have noticed the changes, have you not?”
 
“Of course, Tendo. It reminds me of when we met your late wife,” The man said. “Could it be that perhaps…”
 
“I believe they have finally matured, Saotome. She told me this day would come, when she was on her deathbed… But I do not believe I am prepared to tell them the truth about their heritage…”
 
“It should not be too hard, Tendo. They have experienced stranger things,”
 
“But to learn that you are not completely human, Saotome?” The other man said, distraught.
 
“They should not be anything but proud of what they are, Tendo.” The other man said encouragingly.
 
“You are right…” The mustachioed martial artist sighed and closed his eyes.
 
“Something bothers me, though, Tendo,” Genma said with a puzzled look on his face. “Why would your two younger daughters experience the change when Kasumi has not?”
 
“That confuses me as well, though Kimiko said it could be variable for all of them. I do not believe it will be long before Kasumi follows, however.”
 
“Hmm…”
 
 
-X-X-X-
 
 
Sailor Moon fought to keep her stomach from emptying itself as she and the other senshi, sans Chibi-Moon, surveyed the building in which the crime had taken place. Although the Senshi were not prone to public appearances, Usagi had been able to convince her friends to use their alter egos to get into the building so they could see first hand what had happened. Though what was left of the bodies had already been cleared out, the officials were not about to refuse the Senshi's request to join the case.
 
Usagi stared wordlessly at the huge sprays of blood and gore that marred the walls. She could feel the pain and suffering resonating in the room, and it left her with a cold, nauseating feeling.
 
“It was definitely the Mazoku,” Ami's voice rang out. “It's the same residual energy as that night.”
 
“I didn't think it would come to this so fast…” Setsuna said.
 
“Their souls cry out in pain,” Usagi said suddenly. Most of the senshi turned to look at her. “I can feel it. They have not moved on… There is so much hate here, so much sorrow…” Rei nodded solemnly.
 
“We have to purify this area before they can move on.”
 
“What are we going to do about the Mazoku, though?” Makoto asked. “We've got to stop this thing before it strikes again.”
 
“That's right,” Usagi said. “I won't let it harm another human being.” She turned to face Ami. “Sailor Mercury, can you trace its location?” She asked. The girl bit her lip and nodded.
 
“Yes… however, I do not believe a direct confrontation would be advisable.”
 
“What?” Makoto demanded. “What do you mean? We've got to kill it some how, how are we going to do that if we don't fight it?” Setsuna shook her head at that.
 
“We do not possess the power necessary to casually walk into battle with a Mazoku. There are some who might, but to awaken them…” She sighed and shook her head. “It's a lose-lose situation.”
 
“Then we make a decision,” Usagi declared, bringing her authority to bear. “Which of the two is the lesser evils, Sailor Pluto?”
 
“That's easy, whoever didn't do this,” Minako said angrily. There was general agreement amongst the senshi as all of the senshi present save for Usagi, Ami, and Setsuna gave verbal agreements to that.
 
“You say that now, but…” Setsuna sighed. “You don't know these people. Or rather, you don't remember them.” The other senshi all looked at her in surprise. “It's because your memories concerning these individuals was locked by their leader…” She started, turning to look Usagi in the eyes. “…The prince of the moon, and Princess Serenity's younger brother, currently known as Saotome Ranma.” Most of the girls missed the significance of the last statement, and while all were surprised none of them were as shocked as Usagi.
 
“W-what? What do you mean, Setsuna?” Usagi asked, surprised enough to forget that they were supposed to be using their senshi names.
 
“Exactly what I said. Ranma Saotome is the reincarnated prince of the Moon, and at the time lead a group of people who equaled the senshi in power. But all of his knights were more loyal to him than the queen, because he was the one who created the group.”
 
“Rivaled the senshi in power…” Ami muttered. Setsuna glanced at her, but didn't say anything outright.
 
“So Ranma-kun is the reincarnation of my brother,” Usagi started calmly. “Why wasn't I told of this? You had to have known of his visits to my house.”
 
“I had not hoped to get him involved…” Setsuna started. “Your brother was… is headstrong, determined, and very driven. In the Silver Millennium, he was a little more reserved than he is now, but the events leading to your deaths changed him.”
 
“I see,” Usagi nodded. She knew what kind of boy Ranma was. Ranma was the kind of guy who always tried his best, and always won in the end. He didn't accept defeat. Death, to him, was likely the ultimate defeat, and it had been forced on him in circumstances he had been powerless to change. As she thought about it, she found herself expecting him to be more embittered than he seemed to be.
 
“There is also the matter that his soul has merged with that of his twin sister,” Setsuna added. Everyone did a double take and Usagi stared at her older friend.
 
“Twin sister?” She was finally able to ask after a short while. “Please don't tell me she's the leader of some obscure cult, and that's why you couldn't tell me about her,”
 
“Actually, it was the fact that since she has merged with her twin brother, that would have lead to you finding out about him.”
 
“I see…” Usagi nodded. So she had two reincarnated siblings, who were actually now one sibling. They, or he, rather… or actually… `Well there's irony for you.' “How did this happen?” The princess asked simply.
 
“It was the boy's fault. He made a foolish mistake, and their souls were bound together because of it.”
 
 
-X-X-X-
 
 
“Breakfast was amazing, you two,” Ranma said as soon as she was in the kitchen. The girl was carrying a large stack of plates that were to be washed.
 
“Oh, thank you, Ranma-kun.” Kasumi smiled at the younger girl, who set the stack of dishes down on the counter.
 
“Yeah, thanks!” The younger Sasami also smiled in earnest at the red-head.
 
“Heh, no problem,” Ranma said with a smirk. “Oh, by the way, Kasumi, your pop said he wanted to see you.”
 
“Ah, okay… After the dishes…” The girl said.
 
“Nah, I'll take care of that for you.” Ranma said.
 
“Really? That's hardly necessary, Ranma-kun.”
 
“Well, he said it was very important,” Ranma shrugged sheepishly. “If you really wanna, you can come back when you're done and help.”
 
“Ah… If that's the case…” Kasumi smiled at him. “I'll be sure to hurry back.”
 
“Heh, well go on, don't worry about me.” The younger girl pulled up her sleeves and turned on the sink.
 
“Okay, I'll be back in a little while you two,” Kasumi said as she walked away. When she was finally out of the room, Ranma looked up at the stack of dishes, then down at Sasami, who only smiled at him.
 
“You'd think there was an easier way to do this."
 
“Don't worry, we'll get it done in no time!”
 
 
-X-X-X-
 
 
The Tendo patriarch looked over his three daughters with a tense look on his face. The three were gathered in Tenchi's room, as Tenchi had offered to let them have their discussion in there, since it was out of the way.
 
“Well? What is it daddy?” Nabiki asked.
 
“Hmm…” Their father's tense look didn't change.
 
“I remember the last time you called together a meeting like this…” Kasumi said in a low voice. “Could it be that there's something else you haven't told us?”
 
“W-well…” The older man looked pained at that.
 
“You don't have to be like that Kasumi,” Akane said.
 
“She does have a point though, sis,” Nabiki said. “At this point, I wouldn't be too surprised if he told us that we were aliens or something.” Soun choked on his breath when she said that and all three sisters were surprised at his reaction. Nabiki was the first to speak up. “Don't tell me… we ARE aliens?” She demanded.
 
“N-not quite…” The older man said somberly.
 
“Not quite!?” Akane's shout surprised the others. “What are you saying?!”
 
“W-well… Your mother… Kimiko-chan…” The man hesitated for a moment. “…was not human.” The three girls stared at him. Soun tried to gauge their reactions, but he couldn't read them like he used to; the girls had grown up and away from him over the years.
 
Ranma's voice could be heard yelling outside, quickly followed by Ryouga's. There was a crash and the house shook, before the sound of water hitting the side of the house reached them, but Soun was the only one who seemed to notice any of it at all.
 
“Oh… oh dear,” Kasumi finally spoke up.
 
“I thought I was ready to hear something like that, but I guess I wasn't,” Nabiki said, her older sister's voice having brought her back to reality. She looked at Soun with a frown on her face. “Okay, so mother wasn't human. If that's true, then what was she? If not an alien?”
 
“Well… Kimiko-chan… she was born on Earth, but… From my understanding of the situation, her people are descended from a race of people that lived on the moon many years ago, when Earth was still fairly primitive…”
 
“From your understanding? You mean you don't know everything about us?” Akane asked.
 
“I don't,” he started, “But apparently, before they lived on the moon, they lived on Earth…”
 
“That has nothing to do with this.” Nabiki said. “What matters right now is how exactly this effects us. Why are you telling us this now? I mean, I'm sure you had a reason, however stupid it may have been, to hide it from us, but why tell us now?”
 
“Well,” Soun looked over Akane and Nabiki. “It's true that we wanted to hide it from you, but your mother's traits are starting to show.”
 
“What do you mean?” Akane asked suspiciously.
 
“Your… facial features,” He started. “I'm sure you've noticed the obvious changes…”
 
“Well of course, but…” Nabiki blinked at that. “What does that have to do with this?”
 
“That is how you naturally look. Your mother placed a seal on each of you when you were born that kept you from looking inhuman, to protect you. I don't understand much about how it works, but she did explain to me that one day it would not work on you.”
 
“So you're saying that our hair was never really black, that that was just an illusion?”
 
“No, it's not that it was an illusion. She put a limiting seal on your inhuman heritage so that you would look as if you were born human, but it's worn off.”
 
“Why would it wear off?” Kasumi asked. “And if it's true, then why hasn't mine?”
 
“That… I… I don't know,” Soun said.
 
“A trigger,” Akane said suddenly. She looked at Nabiki. “Something happened to the two of us that didn't happen to Nabiki.”
 
“That's right,” Nabiki said, remembering how her own features had changed. After those more obvious changes… Nabiki's eyes lit up. “Ranma!”
 
“What's that?” Akane asked. Everyone was looking at Nabiki.
 
“Ranma and Ryouga, maybe even Kuno… they should know something. They're reincarnated Lunarians!” Soun and Kasumi blinked at that, and Akane's eyes widened
 
“That's right!” The youngest sister stood up and she ran over to the door. “I'll go get them!”
 
-X-X-X-
 
Ranma looked at a soaking wet Tenchi, who was sitting on a step overlooking the lake. Both, along with Ryouga, were sitting outside in the warm sunlight.
 
“Well, I guess it's lucky her spaceship ran out of fuel above the lake instead of the ground,” Ranma said with a shrug.
 
“Yeah… Lucky…”
 
“It was. I mean, it could have run out above the house,” Ryouga pointed out.
 
“I guess,” Tenchi agreed. “Still, she's not even supposed to be flying the thing in front of guests…”
 
“Oh, don't worry, our friends and family have seen weirder things than aliens, and we're kind of desensitized ourselves.” Ryouga said. “So, Jurai, huh? I always thought that tradition of taking their princes to primitive planets like this to grow up was odd.”
 
“Heh, well…”
 
“Ranma! Ryouga!” Both turned around to see Akane standing at the glass sliding door. “You've got to come here! There's something really important we have to ask you guys!”
 
“Actually, it will have to wait,” Kuno said as he walked up behind her. “We are to depart this estate in a few minutes.” Akane turned to look at him.
 
“Well, we can talk about it on the plane.” Ranma offered.
 
“I'll go tell them then,” Akane said.
 
“So you're leaving, huh?” Tenchi asked, looking up at his two guests.
 
“Looks like it. It was sure fun meeting you guys, I gotta say,” Ranma said with a grin.
 
-X-X-X-
 
Jun looked over at the crime scene with a frown on his face. In his hands were a notepad and a pen, and on the notepad was a picture of two young boys and a girl. The girl had long ears, like an elf, while one of the young boys had ears like a dog. It had come to his mind on the train. He sighed and looked over the crowd.
 
“The hell is this supposed to mean-” He stopped talking abruptly as three kids like the one in the picture walked into his field of vision. “You have to be kidding me,” He thought as he looked down at the notepad.
 
 
-X-
 
 
Negi looked at the police barricade with a grim expression.
 
“Man, all this blood is overpowering my nose here,” Kotaro complained as he pinched his nose.
 
“There is an evil aura here,” Negi said lowly. “This was definitely a magical attack.”
 
“Is that the purple stuff floating around?” Asuna asked. Negi and Kotaro looked at her. “Huh. You'd think a bunch of people would have noticed the purple stuff floating around by now.”
 
“Purple stuff? I don't see any purple stuff,” Kotaro said.
 
“It's a lingering effect of the attack.” The other kids both looked at Negi. “I can sense it, but I can't see it. I think that's what you're seeing, Asuna-san,” the young magi explained. Asuna blinked at that.
 
“You can't see it? It's right there, clear as day-“
 
“Excuse me.” The three stopped and looked over at the person who'd approached them. It was a kid, and he was wearing an overcoat and fedora, with the clothes covering up as much of his identity as he could manage. “Can you tell me what this means?” He asked, holding a note pad up to them. The three blinked and looked at the notepad.
 
“Hey, that's… pretty good,” Asuna said.
 
“Very accurate,” Kotaro nodded.
 
“You drew it really fast,” Negi said, looking back up into the stranger's face.
 
“Actually, I drew it as I was coming here. And I've never seen you three before just now.” The three went silent at that. “I was hoping you might be able to explain the more exotic features, too.” They all looked at the picture again and noticed how some of their ears were drawn.
 
There was a pregnant pause as the three considered that.
 
“I have to say your ears do compliment the rest of your face, very angular,” The boy said, nodding to Asuna.
 
“U-uh, th-thank you?” She said. Their brief exchange snapped Negi back to life.
 
“You have precognitive abilities?” The young magi asked.
 
“I hope not,” The boy said with a sigh as he put the notepad in a coat pocket. “If I do, that means a lot of bad things are going to happen. You guys are magical, I assume?” Negi nodded.
 
“You know about magic, then, I take it.” Negi said, tension melting away.
 
“A living doll appeared in my house one day, complete with a treasure box and tea fetish.” The boy said, shrugging. “I know magic exists. That's about it, though.” Negi's eyes went wide.
 
“Living doll? Hmm… Can I see your hand?” He asked. The cloaked stranger merely pulled one of his coat sleeves back and held up his hand. There was a ring with a rose engraved in it. “You have one of the Rozen Maidens?”
 
“You know about them then,” the boy sighed.
 
“They're legendary. A magister by the name of Rozen made them more than a century ago-”
 
“Uh-huh. Listen, I just have a few questions I want you guys to ask.” The three stared at him, and Asuna frowned. “Are you here to look for a way to stop the guy that did this?”
 
“Yes,” Negi said. “You're here to do something about it as well?”
 
“Unfortunately,” The boy sighed. “I can help you guys with this. I've seen him.” Negi's eyes widened.
 
“You saw him attacking someone else in the future?”
 
“Possibly. Sick stuff, too,” The boy said. “Are you working with the Senshi, by the way?”
 
“No,” Negi sighed.
 
“We need their help for this thing. Trust me.” Negi frowned when he heard that. “We need everyone we can get on this, on this.”
 
“How do we contact them, then?”
 
“I don't know. But we have to some how. You're a wizard or something, right? Can't you think of something?”
 
“The correct term is Magi,” Negi said with a frown.
 
“Semantics, semantics,” Asuna said with a wave of her hand. “What matters here is that this kid is probably right. I'm willing to bet that whatever did this is a hundred times worse than Evangeline, or anything we've ever faced before. You're just a kid, Negi, powerful wizard or no.”
 
“Hmm,” Negi considered her words. “You're right, but…”
 
“Then it's settled. We find the senshi and give them as much information as we can.” He reached into his pocket and took out a card. “For now, you can contact me at this email address. Goodbye.” He turned to leave.
 
“Wait,” Negi said. “You said you don't know much about magic, right? If you've got precognitive powers and a Rozen Maiden at home, I think I should tell you more about the subject,”
 
“Send it to the email,” the boy said as he walked away. “I don't like to be outside.” When he was far enough away, Kotaro spoke up.
 
“There was something about that kid…”
 
“Other than his flaming red hair, I didn't notice anything strange,” Asuna said. The other two looked at her for a second but didn't say anything. “Wait. Did we even get his name?”
 
“No, but this should do for now,” Negi said, looking at the card and memorizing the address incase something happened to the card. He pocketed it and frowned. “Well, I'll do a detailed scan of the area for more magic now. You guys try to look for other clues.” Kotaro nodded and walked away after shoving his hands in his pockets.
 
“What the heck am I supposed to do?” Asuna asked.
 
“You can come with me,” came a familiar cheery voice. They both looked to the side and saw Xellis standing there. “Dai wants to see you.”
 
“What? But why?”
 
“Satoshi-san, I've been meaning to ask you. What have you and Asuna-san been doing?”
 
“Training,” Xellis said with a smile. “Specifically, to use the Aurora Artes.” Negi's eyes bugged.
 
“The WHAT?!”
 
“The Aurora Wall, Sword, etc. Those.” Negi frowned at the cheerful man as he made his list. Those two techniques alone were among the most powerful of the Aurora Artes, and they were lost to time at this point.
 
“It's not funny to joke like that, Satoshi-san.” Negi sighed.
 
“Hmm,” Xellis didn't stop smiling.
 
“Anyway,” Asuna said, looking over at Xellis. “I should tell you, some girl was looking for you last night. Reddish hair, annoyingly cute, strange clothes. She had a picture of you and two older versions of you with her.” Xellis looked mildly surprised for a second before he started smiling again.
 
“Oh really? That's nice,”
 
“She said you were her brother.”
 
“I see. It's as I expected then... nevertheless, come, we have training to do. Negi-kun, I trust you can take care of things on this end?”
 
 
-X-X-X-
 
 
Touya looked over at the group of people standing at the entrance to an ILL electronics superstore. The company was becoming more and more widely known throughout the country, but it had originated in Fukuoka and the superstore was something that the company had built to commemorate its success. From what he could see, there were a few TVs out on display behind glass windows, and the people were watching it.
 
“Huh. What the heck could that be?” Curious, he walked over to the group of people and managed to push his way close enough to see the displays. “Eh? The news?” He almost immediately noticed the subtitle and his eyes bugged out. `Over forty dead in Tokyo?!' There was no sound because of the glass, but he didn't need to hear it as all of the TVs had subtitles enabled. `What in the world…' The teen watched the words that appeared along the screen. `They think it might have been a monster attack… The Senshi are getting involved with it…' He stood back and shook his head. Forty people killed in one night? It was unthinkable.
 
“I have to find this Chaos Emerald and get back as soon as possible… Those girls might not be able to handle this…”
 
 
-X-
 
 
Meanwhile, in the same city, ILL company chairman was standing at the window in his corporate office, looking out at the world below. The view he had allowed him to see the entire city, and it was an enchanting view.
 
Ill Palazzo turned around to look at the rotund man sitting across from his desk. He was bald, had an impossible mustache and wore a suit and tie. The man managed to look fairly neat and had his hands folded in his lap as he looked around the office.
 
“So, Ivo,” The bishounen company chairman started, looking over his guest, “I take it you managed to acquire the Chaos Emerald in this region?”
 
“Yes, that's right,” The fat man said happily. “Nice office by the way. Did you decorate it yourself?”
 
“Yes. Or rather, I directed.”
 
“Of course, of course,” The fat man nodded. “I noticed things have been going a lot better for you over here, too. ILL corporation?” He laughed again.
 
“It has an… exalted air to it,” Ill Palazzo said with a smile, causing the other man to laugh again. “Pleasantries aside, how are your operations in other parts of the world proceeding?”
 
“Quite well, quite well indeed,” The mustachioed man said with a smirk. “I've already located three other Chaos emeralds in Egypt, South America, and China. I need only to go retrieve them.”
 
“Is that right…” Ill looked at his guest. “How are things going with that blue rodent and his ever-present posse?” The fat man looked angry at the mention of the blue rodent, but retained a calm voice.
 
“He hasn't shown himself yet, thankfully. Though I'm sure he's meddling in some small way. The places where the emeralds were located have robotic sentries in place should he find them as well,”
 
“Of course,” Ill nodded. “Well, I should hope things pan out well on your end, for both our sakes.”
 
“For everyone's sakes.” Ivo snorted.
 
 
-X-X-X-
 
 
“So, let me get this straight,” Ranma said, sitting up from a recliner while their jet screamed across the sky. The Tendos, Saotomes, Ryouga and Kuno were gathered in one room. “You guys are only half human, because your mom wasn't one,” Ranma said as she looked over the three Tendo sisters. “And you think that you're from the same race that we used to be.”
 
“It makes sense,” Akane said. “Back then, Dai and Eliza were saying that I was half-lunarian, but I thought they were wrong.”
 
“It also explains why I can do magic,” Nabiki said, holding up a hand. Everyone looked at her when she made her declaration, and a sphere of green energy laced with golden-silver streaks appeared. Almost everyone in the room looked stupefied at her display.
 
“N-Nabiki?” Soun stumbled over his daughter's name as he stared at the floating ball of Mana.
 
“What… what is that?” Akane asked.
 
“Concentrated Mana…” Kuno answered for her. `But what concerns me are those streaks…'
 
“Also, this,” Nabiki said, holding up her other hand. A glowing, golden-silver streaked blue ball of chi equal in size to the first appeared in her hand, and she promptly fused the two together. The combined sphere bled along her entire body, which glowed with a soft teal light.
 
“That's… your battle aura?” Akane asked, her eyes widening. “Since when could you do something like that, Nabiki?”
 
“The trip to the moon, obviously,” Kasumi said. “I wonder if I could accomplish something like that…”
 
“How? Explain,” Soun demanded.
 
“It's easy,” Nabiki shrugged. “Ranma-kun and Ryouga-kun did what you should have been doing the whole time, and forced me to train my body for fighting again.”
 
“What?” Soun looked taken aback at the accusation. “But, I thought you didn't want to fight anymore?”
 
“That's true, but…” Nabiki gave her father a look.
 
“That was probably the point where you should have laughed and told us we'd appreciate it later,” Kasumi muttered. Soun looked over at her.
 
“Exactly. I hate to admit it, but super martial arts would not have been a pain to know once Ranma showed up. We'd be much better off than we are right now if we had kept going.” Nabiki said.
 
“That's not important right now,” Ranma said. “You guys can talk about that later. Right now, we're working out your newly discovered abilities as half-elves.”
 
“Half-elves?” Everyone but Ryouga and Kuno turned to look at him.
 
“How do you know so much about this, boy?”
 
“Bah, past life,” She waved it off. “It's not important. Anyway,” Ranma turned to look at Akane. “Akane. You've been feeling an odd energy along with your Chi ever since the sealing spell wore off, right?”
 
“Uh…” The girl blinked. “Yeah.”
 
“I want you to try and manipulate that energy the way you would chi,” the red head said.
 
“Okay…” The girl closed her eyes to try and focus her energy. She was soon able to conjure up a thin, almost intangible battle aura composed entirely of mana. “It's there… I can feel it…” She looked over at Ranma. “It's not as much as my chi but it's definitely there.”
 
“I can see that,” Ranma said with a nod. “That's because you've never trained to use it. Nabiki has been training under us to use hers as soon as she found out about it,” Ranma said.
 
“Oh… I see…”
 
“That must be a strange feeling,” Kasumi said. Everyone looked at her. “To be able to train someone in an ability that they can use, but you no longer can, because you were reincarnated as a different species.”
 
“Huh.” Ranma blinked at that. “I never thought of it that way.”
 
“It has definitely felt strange to me, but there are ways for us to do it with tools.” Ryouga said.
 
“I see. Is there any way that I could learn to do this then?”
 
“Of course,” Kuno said. “Nabiki, channel some of your mana through your sister, it should overload the blocks on her heritage.” Nabiki merely nodded at the commanding tone, which surprised everyone but her, Ranma, and Ryouga. It was the same tone that the two had used when they were training her, and had the undercurrents of being an order that was not to be ignored, lest they come up with something unpleasant for her in the future. The girl stood up and walked over to Kasumi, who looked up at her with curiosity.
 
“Will it hurt?” The older girl asked, studying her younger sister's face.
 
“It should feel a little warm. Mana is a form of life energy.” Ranma said.
 
“No. I mean the transformation.” Everyone looked at Nabiki or Akane.
 
“It feels more like a blindfold and earplugs being taken away.” Nabiki shrugged putting a hand on her sister's forehead. The older girl closed her eyes as soon as the warm sensation started. It quickly went from her head and spread out to the rest of her body, giving her a light tingly sensation all over. The younger sister removed her hand and Kasumi opened her eyes.
 
Everything in sight was sharper. Sounds were louder. There were some other odd sensations that she wasn't even familiar with at all too. `I suppose that is what they call a sixth sense,' she thought as she looked around. She absently grabbed some of her hair and brought it down to look at. It was a silvery white color.
 
“Well, I guess I really am an old maid now.” Kasumi said. Most everyone stared at that. Kuno laughed to himself.
 
“Er…” The silence continued except for Ranma's stuttering.
 
“Anyway,” Kasumi said. “Is this all?” Most of the people in the room blinked at that. “There doesn't seem to be much else to discuss.”
 
“Um…” Soun looked over his three daughters. “No… I don't suppose there is…”
 
“Well then,” Kasumi said. “I think my sisters and I have some talking to do.” She said. Both her sisters looked at her in confusion, and she smiled. “Come on you two,” She turned and started walking out of the room.
 
“It's almost lunch time,” Ranma said, standing up. She stretched. “And I'm starving! I'll be in the kitchen,”
 
“After that huge breakfast?” Ryouga asked, staring at the small girl. `Where does she put it all… oh wait. Nevermind,' He sighed and stood up as well.
 
“Actually, Hibiki, Saotome,” Kuno started, “I would have words with you. It regards the Tendo sisters,”
 
“What? Anything that concerns them concerns me,” Soun said in an authoritative tone.
 
“No it doesn't.” Kuno said simply as he walked out of the room.
 
“But… but…” Soun sputtered there for a second while Ranma shrugged and followed after Kuno.
 
“I apologize, but it is very sensitive information,” Ryouga said. “It's not anything that could harm them, though. Don't worry, Tendo-san.” The younger man walked out of the room after his associates.
 
“Tendo-Kun…” Saotome said, shaking his head. “We need to talk as well.”
 
-X-
 
In the kitchen, Ranma was making a big sandwich for herself as Kuno started the conversation. There was a glass of milk sitting on the counter as well.
 
“I'm sure the two of you saw it earlier,”
 
“The Silver Millenium energy in their mana,” Ryouga nodded. “They're descendants of Pallas as well.” Kuno frowned at that.
 
“How can you be so calm? This means that they are princesses of our kingdom!” Ryouga gave him a bored look and Ranma absently grabbed the glass of milk and started gulping it down.
 
“That's important, sure, but I don't suspect it will come up too much in the future,” he said.
 
“It will,” Kuno said, calming himself. “Because we're going to rebuild the Lunarian Kingdom.” Every one of Ryouga's muscles froze and Ranma snorted milk out of her nose. “It is something that will already happen with or without us at this point. The planets are already well on their way to be restored. I believe on is already completely revived at this point.” Ryouga's eyes bugged while Ranma glared at Kuno and started wiping milk off the counter top.
 
“That's… that's…”
 
“It's nothing short of amazing,” Kuno admitted. “But there were measures put in place in the event that a natural shift in the planet's composition, such as an excess of some lethal gas or chemical in the atmosphere, or something similar, that would revert the process. This was simply a far larger scale task than we ever predicted, but it was not impossible.”
 
“Incredible…” Ryouga shook his head as he said that. “The revival of the moon kingdom would require an heir. That's why this is so important to you.” Ryouga said.
 
“It's… part of the reason why,” Kuno said, wincing.
 
“There's something you're not telling us?” Ryouga said.
 
“I'm sure you're aware of the Sailor Senshi who operate out of Juuban,” Kuno said.
 
“Of course,” Ryouga said. Ranma tossed a milk soaked paper towel into the trash can when she spoke up.
 
“Everyone knows who they are,” She said. “Defenders of love and justice, skimpy skirt wearin' broads that go around killing youma. They're from our memories too right?”
 
“Correct,” Kuno nodded. “Sailor Moon is the reincarnation of the princess Serenity that was in line for the throne when the moon kingdom fell.” Both Ryouga and Ranma were surprised at that.
 
“My sister?” Ranma demanded. “Sailor Moon… Usagi-chan is my sister?!”
 
“That is correct.”
 
“This is bad,” Ryouga said. “If she's just a reincarnation, she's one hundred percent human, like us.”
 
“But she is the one who currently lays claim to the future throne of the Moon Kingdom, as well as the Ginzuishou itself.” Kuno nodded. “Thus, our problem.”
 
“With the appearance of those who carry royal blood, there will be a dispute if they are to become aware of how great their heritage really is.” The three went silent at that while Ranma finished making her sandwich, troubled expressions on their faces.
 
“What do we do from here?”
 
“I'm not sure. It would be treason to keep them in the dark about their bloodline, but at the same time, the reincarnation of the old princess… And all of the senshi have already sworn fealty to her.”
 
“We'll have to talk this over with them then,” Ranma said. “Though for some reason I feel as if that is a bad idea…”
 
“They don't like us much,” Ryouga said. “From what I remember, we were known as the bigger, badder, cooler versions of the senshi who didn't bother drawing magic from the various planets, and instead trained only our bodies to use our great abilities.”
 
“Even though they were and still are every bit our magical superiors because of those same planetary links.” Kuno nodded.
 
“Ah, right. It was the publicity that Dai got you…” Ranma said, cocking her head to the side, before blinking as if suddenly remembering something. “Er, that I got us,”
 
“Anyway,” Kuno said. “You see our dilemma. We need a solution, and fast.”
 
“You got that right,” Ranma said with a sigh.
 
“It would also help to round up the rest of the knights,” Ryouga said, crossing his arms. “It would help us build a better case.”
 
“We're still undecided on what to do,” Ranma reminded him. “Which claim is the more legitimate one? I have no idea. My sister, or my fiancé?”
 
“It would be Kasumi,” Ryouga said. “She's the oldest.”
 
“Right, right. My sister, or my fiance's sister, as the future queen of my country?” Ranma shook her head. “This is one confusing situation. Hell, I could end up being king at this rate, and that'd suck a lot more than either other situation. I remember hating being a royal.”
 
“Indeed…” Kuno looked down at a wrist watch. “We only have little bit of time to work it out. The Moon Kingdom won't rise tomorrow, but still soon. The faster the better.”
 
-X-X-X-
 
Chibi Usa sat at a table in a crowded breakfast café. She frowned down at her cup of tea, which was still spinning from when she had stirred it. The girl had called Setsuna several times, but hadn't been able to get through to her. So she'd left a message on the woman's cell phone, hoping that it would be received and that either she'd be called back or they would meet, as she had requested.
 
She looked up and turned her neck to get a better view of the cafe, but did not see the green haired senshi in the vicinity.
 
“C'mon… I don't want to stay here forever,” Chibi-Usa said as she looked down at the coffee as it settled. “He was lying… She'll tell me so and…” The girl looked down at the coffee with a blank expression. “She'll… He's lying…”
 
“Chibi-Usa…” The pink haired girl immediately looked up at the voice. Setsuna was standing behind her with a somber look on her face. “You wanted to talk with me?”
 
“Is it true?” The girl blurted out immediately. “Is it true that I'll never see my mom and dad again?” The much older woman gave a small smile.
 
“Before I answer that, let's go outside for a walk, okay?” She asked. Chibi-Usa drew back, suspicious.
 
“Why aren't you answering me right away?”
 
“There's something I want to tell you first,” The older woman said. “Come on. Let's go.”
 
“Well… okay,” the young girl stood up and followed her out of the café.
 
-x-
 
Not much later, the two were walking in a park.
 
“What was it you wanted to tell me, Puu?” Setsuna smiled at the familiar nickname.
 
“Chibi-Usa… right now, the Time Gates are very… hazy, right now. A great deal of Chaos that was in hiding before has made itself known, and every single future has variable rates of possibility at the moment…”
 
“And…?”
 
“At the moment, the timeline that you came from… it is not reachable from this one.” Chibi-Usa looked up at her when she said that.
 
“C-chaos?” the younger girl choked, her emotions clouding her ability to speak. `I knew it…'
 
“Pure Chaos. Unrivaled in the universe.” Setsuna said. The two stopped in front of a bench and sat down.
 
“W-would that be this?” The young girl asked, holding up a hand. A familiar red Chaos emerald flashed into existence in her hand and Setsuna's eyes slowly widened as she realized exactly what the hell it was.
 
“Where the hell did you get that?!” she demanded immediately, grabbing the young girl's shoulders and shaking her violently.
 
“It- it was from that guy!” Chibi-Usa said, a bit shocked at the vehemence. Setsuna blinked at the girl's reaction and calmed herself.
 
“Put that away,” Setsuna commanded, with a sigh. “I don't believe this. You bound it to your senshi magic?”
 
“Is… is this the Chaos you meant?” Chibi-Usa asked.
 
“I'm afraid that's only part of it,” Setsuna said gravely. “What guy did you say gave it to you?”
 
“He had long blue hair… He was the same one who did that ice attack on the youma that froze up that entire street,” Chibi-Usa said.
 
“I see…” Setsuna frowned. `Shitaru? What could he be thinking?'
 
“Puu…” Setsuna looked down at the small girl and noticed for the first time that she was crying. “Am I really never gonna see my mama and papa again?”
 
“It's… a possibility.”
 
“O…Oh. ” Chibi-Usa hiccupped as she tried to wipe her eyes, but the tears came faster at that point and Setsuna didn't need to fake the sympathetic look that went on her face.
 
The young pink-haired girl laid her head down on her lap and cried for a long time. Setsuna didn't bother keeping track of how much time passed, but when she had finally girl stopped, the sky was a dark orange, with the sun already almost completely down.
 
`This is partially her fault, then.' She thought as she considered the prospect of a Chaos Emerald. `It would have been a significant boost in power, but the outburst of Chaos Energy that night is what cut off her own future… I wonder, did he know it would do that?' She shook her head and rubbed the devastated girl's head, looking around the park with a frown on her face. `Her entire future is unpredictable now…'
 
“Excuse me,” a voice from behind spoke up suddenly, and Setsuna turned around to look at the person standing behind the bench they were on. It was a child with an overcoat, sunglasses, and a fedora. “Is she okay?” The voice seemed familiar to Setsuna, and she blinked at the child.
 
“She'll be fine.” Setsuna squinted as she looked at the boy. “Have we met before?” He sighed at that.
 
“Probably.” He reached up and gripped his fedora and sunglasses, then took them off. Setsuna was shocked. “Figures Sailor Pluto would remember me.” Setsuna scowled at him.
 
“What are you doing here?” She demanded.
 
“I have no idea, really,” he said with a shrug. “All I know is that some bad things are happening and I'm not being allowed to sit around anymore.” Setsuna looked mildly surprised at that. “Like this recent disaster with the forty murders in one night. That wasn't caused by a person, right?” She stared at him for a moment before sighing.
 
“You're right. That was a Mazoku's work.”
 
“A Mazoku, hmm?” She scowled at his casual response. “Well, I'm leaving. You should be able to find me, right?” Setsuna didn't respond, so he turned around and started walking away.
 
“…Mars.” Jun stopped. “Do you know about the others?”
 
`The others?' Jun looked down at the ground. `That's right. There were more like me in the dreams…' He looked up again. “No idea where they are.” He continued walking away.
 
Setsuna frowned and turned back around to look at the sleeping Chibi-Usa.
 
`Things are only going to get worse.'
 
 
-X-X-X-
 
 
“Is this the place?” A confused Sakai Yuji was standing below an apartment complex with a white paper in his hand and a huge backpack strapped to him. “Wilhelmina said that only people like us live in this building, right?”
 
“Yes, to both questions.” Shana was standing beside him with a large bag of her own.
 
“It's convenient that Konoe-dono was able to procure such arrangements for us. The two of you will be able to train here with stronger fighters than yourselves,” Alastor's voice resonated from within the pendant around Shana's neck. Yuji looked down at the pendant in surprise.
 
“Stronger than Shana?”
 
“People like that Mazoku from before are here in this city. They may not be Mazoku, but they are definitely powerful. Xellis did not reveal his true power until the end of your fight, you can expect at least a few of the people here to be at the level that he displayed before he did such.” The voice continued.
 
“Right…But why such a large place?” the boy asked.
 
“Stupid Yuji, he said he plans to amass a force capable of protecting all of Earth should anything happen. And thanks to that stupid tree, something is definitely going to happen.”
 
“We should expect to run into the Sailor Senshi here as well, this is their area of operation,” Alastor mentioned.
 
“Right… so there are going to be all different kinds of magi and flame haze here?” Yuji asked as they walked inside the apartment complex.
 
“Correct. We're actually only the second group to get here, I believe,” Alastor said. “That child professor and his two assistants should be the only other people in the complex as of now.”
 
“That sounds convenient,” Yuji said. “Wilhelmina should be coming soon, right? And Margery-san too?”
 
“Margery Daw will be coming at her own leisure. There will be several other flame haze besides her.”
 
“Of course,” Yuji sighed. “So we're going to be training with these people?”
 
“If they accept. Don't pester anyone.” Shana snapped.
 
“I should say that to you,” Yuji said with a frown. The flame haze hmphed at that.
 
 
-X-X-X-
 
 
Nabiki looked around the room she was to be staying in for a week. It wasn't bad - the bed was fairly large, there was a big television, a big window… everything about the room was big.
 
“I wonder if our new house will be like this,” she thought as she set her traveling bag down by the door, then kicked off her shoes and pulled off her socks. A frown came over her face as she looked at the bag as she realized that she'd done the bulk of her traveling without the bag. After all, she'd spent an entire month in the wilderness - an artificial seeming wilderness, but still. It made the bag seem useless. Her shoes and socks were also quite worn, she noticed. The girl lifted up her leg and looked at her foot; there were rough calluses in place of the soft, smooth skin she had gotten used to seeing over they years.
 
She sighed as she walked around the bed; it was placed awkwardly in the middle of the room with only the head against a wall, cutting the room in a U shape. It made the room seem smaller than it really was, which was still at least twice the size of her own room. She stopped at the window opposite of the door and looked out at the complex.
 
`Man, is everyone in Kuno's family loaded?' Even though Nabiki was not easily impressed, the size of the estate was still breathtaking for her. There was a huge garden complete with fountains and statues of little naked babies with wings that her house and dojo together could have fit on several times. Tall hedges arranged in a tasteful pattern, various trees and a stately wall complete with a grand fence surrounding the premises. The place was many times more impressive than even Kuno's comparatively shack of a home, and the small bits she'd seen of the inside were just as impressive.
 
`I definitely want a place like this.' She unlatched the elegantly designed wood-framed windows and pushed them open so she could lean out. She turned her head to get different viewpoints of the estate; from her vantage point, she could see that her room was on the far left side of the mansion. She turned her body around so that her back was on the window sill and looked up at the mansion's roof. `Hey, I can get a better view from up there…' She grabbed the top of the windowsill and pulled herself up so that she was standing in the window.
 
She leapt up, grabbed onto the edge of the roof and easily pulled herself up. The teen frowned as she rubbed a foot over the jade shingles. `I didn't know the material was so rough.' Shrugging, she started walking across the roof and looked around. `It looks much bigger from up here.'
 
“Oh, heya Nabiki,” Nabiki turned and blinked at the person who was standing there. It was Ranma-chan. “This place is huge, huh?”
 
“Yes,” She said as she looked away. “You're looking around too?”
 
“Plannin' escape routes,” the other girl explained. Nabiki blinked at that.
 
“Good idea, actually.” Nabiki said as she too started noting possible escape routes.
 
“So,” Ranma started, “You think we'll run into that Ryoko chick here? This is the city where that UFO crashed, after all. We're not the only tourists this month.”
 
“I've been thinking about that, and I honestly doubt we won't run into her here.” Nabiki said honestly. Ranma nodded at that.
 
“So, how about that Miwa lady who was here earlier? What did you think of her? She seemed awfully proud of her son.”
 
“What, Kuno's other aunt?” Nabiki looked over at the other teen. “She's just as crazy as the rest of them. The only Kuno that hasn't seemed insane, stupid, or just plain sick yet is Shinshige, and I'm willing to bet he's hiding something too.”
 
“Probably.” Ranma agreed. “I think it's the money. Anyway, Miwa invited us to go over to her laboratory tomorrow. You coming?”
 
“I don't know right now,” Nabiki said as she started walking back to the edge of the roof. “I'll probably be touring the city. It's not often we get to go other places like this.” Nabiki looked away from Ranma. `That, and Kunos and science do not mix. Ever. Even if their last names are different.'
 
“Eh, pops and I passed through here on the way to Nerima,” Ranma said with a frown on her face. “I think we were attacked by the local crazies a couple'a times, too. Some blonde girl in a weird costume…”
 
“That's not too strange for you guys. See you later, Ranma-kun.” Nabiki said as she jumped down the roof and onto the window sill.
 
“Yeah.” Ranma said, turning her head to look somewhere else. “You can come out now.”
 
Dai appeared from within Ranma's shadow.
 
“Are you ready for this, then?” Dai asked.
 
“Not really, no. I got to know the real you a little bit, and I'm more than ready to accept that guy, but the current you is also a manifestation of my current body's demonic heritage, isn't it?”
 
“You figured that out? Good,” Dai said with a smirk as his eyes turned blue with red sclera. “It's been quite an annoying thing to endure, I assure you.”
 
“Yeah, yeah. Come on, let's get this over with…”
 
 
-X-X-X-
 
 
Gojyou Shiouji clenched his jaw tightly as he looked at his mother.
 
“What do you mean we'll be getting visitors tomorrow?” He demanded. “You can't just drop in and announce that you're bringing guests.”
 
“You tend to forget, my cute son, that this laboratory is mine,” his mother said, standing over him. “Besides, your loving mother just wants you to meet more of her side of the family. Now, I know I can trust you to behave…” She leaned in and shoved her bountiful assets in his face. “Like a good little boy for your cousins… right?” her son managed a muffled reply from between her breasts and she smiled. “That's my boy!” She pulled back. “Now, I'm expecting them sometime around nine in the morning, so make sure everything is presentable before you go to sleep.”
 
“That's Umi's job,” her son replied angrily. “She's not supposed to be freeloading, you know,”
 
“She doesn't. She cooks us dinner and serves you tea, what more can you ask of her?”
 
“Not to bring in amnesiac strangers dressed in prison clothes off the street? By the way, how are you going to explain Teriha to our real relatives?” He demanded.
 
“Teriha? There is nothing to explain, son. She is just as related to us as they are.” She said, patting him on the head. “Now remember the time they're going to be here is eight o'clock in the morning.” She started walking away.
 
“Wait, didn't you just say it was going to be at nine?”
 
“Don't pay attention to little details, son,” She said as she walked around a corner.
 
“Heh heh heh,” Gojyou turned and saw Ryoko standing at a wall. “Your mother always cracks me up.” The bishounen scientist grunted in response and Ryoko smirked.
 
“Go get Iwata, Umi, and Teriha. I've got to tell them about this,” He said in a resigned voice.
 
“What about your Nishiki?” Ryoko asked as her smirk widened.
 
“I'll get to that,” he said, waving a hand. “You go on.” The alien woman laughed as she floated backwards through the wall.
 
“I wonder how I'm going to get them from acting stupid while the visitors are here… And Ryoko, I'll have to remind her not to display any sort of extra terrestrial abilities… like floating, or going through solids.” He sighed and took his glasses off, rubbing his head. “Why can't things be easy for me?”
 
 
-X-X-X-
 
 
Kuno was sitting at a desk in a study with his own pocket computer in front of him. On the display was Washuu's face.
 
“…so, the majority of the planets should be fully Terra-formed within a week,” The red headed scientist iterated to him, and the swordsman-turned-genius smirked. “I have to admit, that was a smart move on your part to have those Idonite fueled Molecular Transmogrifiers in place on the major planets…”
 
“Well, of course, it was last resort, but it did turn out to be necessary. How do you think the current population on Earth will take the news that all of the other major bodies in the system will be inhabitable and readily accessible by the end of the month?”
 
“A few of them will be quite angry I imagine,” The diminutive scientist chuckled. “Especially since said planets will technically belong to your princess.” He snorted at that.
 
“They were too slow. That's not my fault.”
 
“True. But they have such strange views on technology, they might not understand your purpose, possibly even assume you have ulterior motives. Your country has a lack of citizenry, they'll probably think you want people to rule over.”
 
“Ah, yes. I can see it now. Our sales pitch; Come to the moon! The technology will blow your mind! Just make sure to leave your free will at the door!” Washuu chuckled at that. “I'll sell them one of Jupiter's moons. How's that?” The two laughed.
 
“How do you plan to deal with their primitive exploration units in place?” Washuu asked with a smirk.
 
“Oh, that's quite simple. I'll just go to each one and make sure the last picture they get is of me destroying the useless things.”
 
“That'll make someone angry, too. Those remote controlled cars are of the expensive variety, you know. For these people, anyway.”
 
“Hmph. That technology was outdated before they could even begin to conceive it. By billions of years.” His smirk turned into a sneer. “These people will learn their place in the universe, and they will graciously integrate themselves into the moon kingdom.”
 
“That's probably true, but you shouldn't get too ahead of yourself.” Kuno raised an eyebrow at that.
 
“Oh?”
 
“The Sailor Senshi are generally regarded as super heroes who fight for good. How will you reveal these things without sounding like insane megalomaniacal world conquerors? The world, America especially, has a lineup of super powered beings who'd just as quickly punch you and the senshi into the ground and then destroy your advanced technology for attempting `unfair advancement of a premature species' or some such nonsense. Some sort of prime directive.”
 
“We don't need to do much. Technically, all of the planets in the solar system, save for Earth, are already part of the Moon Kingdom. They can't deny that. If we just make it accessible, we can easily get the ball rolling. Just leave an invitation of sorts, get an embassy in place in Earth's major countries. I'm well aware that superior technology and leadership alone won't remake the Moon Kingdom. The citizenry are the lifeblood of any civilized country. I'm also fairly certain that Exire's population will be all to glad to return to their true homes on Luna. My plans involve a lot more than this, of course, but this is just the beginning.”
 
“I see.” Washuu nodded. `He hasn't changed a bit… Even with fragmented memories. I wonder if anyone else bothered to think about it.' She snorted. Only one other person in Luna's elite force had this much foresight. “When do you plan to meet with Sailor Pluto?”
 
“Definitely soon,”
 
“And last. What of Derris Kharlan?” Kuno's face became pensive at the mention of mass of Mana that floated at the edge of the solar system.
 
“Master Lloyd and his people are welcome to do as they please.”
 
“What if they try to stop the revival of the Moon Kingdom?”
 
“I don't think it will come to that. Since our revival means the awakening of Yggdrasill, that is. They will do whatever they can to protect that tree and its children spread across the planets. Our revival was made possible in part by them, in the first place.”
 
“Hmm. Well all I can say is good luck. You know I don't like to bother with these affairs.” He slowly nodded at that. “Although I should say. If you try to go to Cerellius II… you will encounter some definite surprises.”
 
“Surprises?” The man narrowed his eyes. “These are not pleasant surprises I assume?”
 
“Well, for one, I suppose I can congratulate you on your superb design of a self sufficient ship that has managed to stay online and support numerous, distinct alien life forms over the natural course of their many life times, but…”
 
“But…” Washuu laughed nervously.
 
“Well… You remember those jellyfish-like lifeforms you found on uninhabitable planet SR-388 and had to subdue with supercold weaponry, don't you?”
 
Kuno's face went pale.