Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Umbra Aureola ❯ Chapter 13 - Aphrodite's Bracelet Pt 1 ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
CHAPTER XIII : APHRODITE'S BRACLET


Happosai snuck carefully into the room sliding through the shadows with expert ease gained through neigh a hundred years of panty theft. Glancing both ways the diminutive master took in the sights of the room that had become Anito's lab. This was a rare opportunity, while Happosai could beat the young whelp he would rather not have to deal with the cunning arch-mage as wizards where renowned for getting even in ways other than combat. So the old master had waited for the arch-mage to leave before moseying around in the wizard's lab.

Then he saw it, his eyes went wide with excitement. His body practically quivered in delight at the object before him. Hopping up Happosai said out loud. "What a beautiful bracelet, I know exactly what to do with you." Picking up the golden gem studded object Happosai put it wherever he puts all those Happo Daikarins and hastily made his way out Anito's lab.


*************


Ranma lay thoughtfully on his futon. In his hand was one of the many books that Anito had given him a few days ago. It was a light, hard bound construction. It's width about that of his finger. The book itself was not all that old, in fact, it looked little different from the books you would buy at any normal store. Ranma however, knew that Anito had not handed him just any book. No this book contained the secrets of arcana. The secrets that allowed Anito to devise a devastating array of ki attacks. Secrets that would probably allow Ranma to do the same.

That was not all the secrets would give him though. Ranma knew that if he studied this art and incorporated it into his own that he would exercise his potential, especially his ki potential, more than ever before. Where it would make his art stronger, it would equally make him stronger and separate him even further from the rest of humanity.

Immortality, it was a word on which legends where wrote. A thousand stories told of those that sought it. The word though implied a loneliness that was rarely told in those stories. To live forever in a world of mortals, where every friend and every lover you had would die long before you. That is what immortality meant.

However, if Anito was right then to give up that immortality meant to give up his pursuit of the art. The very idea of which was more than Ranma could bear. He knew what to lose the art meant, he had nearly lost it when Happosai had struck him with weakness point. Ranma wasn't sure that he could give up the art, to him the idea equaled death. Grimly Ranma realized that with the enemies he collected that the death of giving up the art could very well be of the physical sort.

Then again, who was to say that if he did take up Anito's teaching's that he would live forever? There where hundreds of ways to die, and age was only one of them. An enemy could kill him, an accident could kill him, or even a rare disease. To not age did not mean eternal life without question. It merely allowed the potential of such. Ranma could very well die in three years even if he continued to pursue the art.

Yet, even as he thought this Ranma realized how untrue most of those thoughts where. Did he not say himself that he never got sick? What kind of illness could strike down a man of twice, or thrice the power he already wielded? What kind of accident could kill a man that could get hit by a run away semi and end up with nothing more than a bruise? More power eliminated not only his aging, but the number of enemies and events that could possibly kill him at the same time.

"Hmph, since when did I start thinking so hard about this junk?" Ranma muttered to himself. "Aah well, I'll just figure out how to deal with stuff as it comes along. That is how I always have done it, and it hasn't failed me yet."

Mind set Ranma flipped open the book and started reading, or at least he would have if not for the event that occurred right then. "Splash!" Came the sound of water hitting the now fuming Ranma-chan.

"Ranma-chan, put on this bra for me!" Happosai yelled out.

"You old freak! " Ranma yelled back leaping to her feet in a mere instant. Off her back she tried unsuccessfully to hit the bouncing old master.

Their fight fight drew them quickly into the Tendo living room. Ranma was dashing and throwing fists at Happosai who dodged with the same enviable ease he always had. "Come on Ranma-chan! Can't you help an old man with his minor vices. I just want to see you in this wonderful silky darling before I pass away from old age."

"If you ruined my book I am going to kill you!" Ranma-chan said. She was pissed enough at the old man's antics anyway. It was however, the risk of the potential martial arts knowledge she feared to lose. Ranma-chan after all had no way of knowing how much such a book cost and doubted Anito would so easily replace it.

"Ranma was reading?" Nabiki said raising an eyebrow and leaning slightly to avoid the two as they dragged their fight outside.

"Its probably a manga." Akane snorted.

"Akane, I am sure that Ranma can read just as well as any other boy." Kasumi reprimanded lightly, as sweet as ever.

"Yeah right, that idiot reading a book? Tell me another one." Akane said with thick sarcasm.

Nabiki thought about the situation a bit, and then reminded herself to check on what Ranma had been reading when she got the excuse. Remembering Anito Nabiki decided to err on the positive side. "I don't know Akane, I am going to have to side with Kasumi on this one. Ranma afterall does manage to pass classes even though he was on a ten year training journey."

Akane looked at Nabiki like she was crazy and then turned back to the fight. Ranma-chan had finally cornered the perverted old master and was busy pounding the old man to a thin paste while Happosai was stuck. "Ha, take that you perverted old freak!" Ranma-chan said dusting off her hands as she walked back into the Tendo living room.

"Son, you shouldn't anger the old master." Soun said to Ranma.

Ranma-chan snorted with her usual lack of female dignity. "Yeah, like the old freak is going to do anything about it."

"Boy you know better than to invoke the master's wrath!" Genma raged, though probably mostly from fear for his own flesh than that of his son.

Ranma-chan rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah been there done that."

"Ranma! How dare you disobey your master!" Happosai said his battle aura flaring as the diminutive creature made it to its feet.

Ranma-chan snorted again. "Since when have you ever been my master old freak. All you do is jump around stealing panties all day and trying to get me into a bra."

"He's got that right." Akane said in agreement.

"Ungrateful student, face your master's wrath!" Happosai yelled jumping at Ranma-chan.

"Your getting slow old man!" Ranma-chan called back smoothly dodging out of the way of the old master's pipe.

"By the end of the week you'll be begging for my forgiveness!" Happosai answered back producing the golden enjewled bracelet. With practised ease the old master slammed the object down around Ranma-chan's wrist while dodging a punch with one smooth motion.

Ranma-chan glanced down at the bracelet that now encircled her left arm. She felt a small surge of energy with her aura sight as it enclosed around her slim wrist. Noting that the object was almost definitely magical she did the most logical and reasonable thing she could think of. Which was to beat Happosai into submission.

"Why you little runt come back here and die." Ranma-chan yelled throwing a fist at the perverted creature.

Happosai merely sat still as if waiting for the blow. The instant before it landed the bracelet flashed and brilliant white bands of almost electric energy surged through the pigtailed martial artists with a loud, "Zzzzaaaapppp!!"

Happosai sat down thoughtfully on the smoking Ranma-chan's head puffing his pipe. "Hmmm, If I remember right it wasn't supposed to work like that."

Twitching with anger the blackened Ranma-chan lifted her hands up to squash Happosai. Immediately white lightning rippled down her form once again. The old master jumped free before the brilliant energy could touch him landing lightly on the Tendo table.

"When you are ready to beg for your forgiveness I'll let you free." Happosai said gleefully before bounding off to his room.

"You okay Ranma?" Akane said looking at her extra crispy fiance.

"Yeah, just peachy." Ranma-chan replied sarcastically not bothering to move. "Man, that hurt as much as one of Anito's lightning bolts." Ranma-chan said slowly sitting up. Ranma-chan absently moved a hand to the bracelet that encircled her wrist. Tugging at it she noticed immediately that the bracelet not only had no latch, but it now snugly fit around her wrist. "Just great, the stupid thing won't come off." Ranma-chan grumbled.

"Hmmm, must be magical." Nabiki commented.

"Yeah, great, just what I need another magical gizmo screwing up my life." Ranma-chan said with anything but cheer.

"I wonder what it does?" Akane asked curiously.

"Who knows? But whatever it does it I can guarantee that it isn't good."

"What makes you say that?"

"Since when has any magic been in anyway good for me?" Ranma-chan replied annoyed. "Besides, I don't think the old freak would put something on me if it where good for my health, if ya know what I mean?"

"He's got you there Akane. Hey are those real diamonds? That bracelet must be worth a fortune." Nabiki said her eyes wide with monetary anticipation.

"You can have it if I can get it off. I can guarantee you it will be nothing but trouble though." Ranma-chan told Nabiki.

Nabiki raised an eyebrow. "I know better than to mess with unknown magic."

Ranma-chan shrugged her shoulders. "Suit yourself, Yeesh I wish Anito where here. He would probably be able to tell me what the heck this thing does, or better yet get rid of it."

Ranma-chan stood up and started walking up the stairs. "I am goina go change back." She called out as she headed toward the kitchen to get some hot water from the tap.

Once the water was sufficiently warm Ranma-chan stuck her hands under the faucet and splashed herself immediately eliciting the change. The now very familiar feeling of the Jusenkyo transformation swept over her as the effects of the Jusenkyo curse where triggered. There was no tingle, no exact sense, no telling feeling when the curse became active. No the feeling that belied the curse's activation was the feeling of the clothes on her body as she shifted into a he. The change in the sensory information as nerves where rearranged and the sensitivity of various locations of the body shifted.

Then she felt it, right in the middle of the lightning fast shift, a flash of brilliant energy. Searing pain coursed down her left arm like it the entire limb had been thrust directly into a pile of burning embers. The white hot power didn't stop there it washed over the rest of her body like an unstoppable tsunami. A distinct and inexplicable feeling of being jerked hard in some previously unknown direction ripped through her. Some how Ranma-chan's fast combat oriented mind was able to categorize the feeling, even through the excruciating pain, and associate it the utter halt of the transformation. When the change reversed itself just as quickly the feeling vanished only confirming this observation.

Then it stopped leaving Ranma-chan in female form and barely conscious on the kitchen floor. Barely coherent Ranma-chan mumbled to herself. "That has never happened before."

Akane came into the room in a rush and squatted next to her fiancee. "Are you okay?" She asked in a worried tone.

Ranma-chan groaned and sat up, though only with great difficulty. "Yeah, yeah it takes more than that to put me down." The words seemed a token effort given the lack of strength behind them.

"What happened?"

"Damn change stopped right in the middle. I think the bracelet zapped me and reversed the effect. It hurt like hell." Ranma-chan managed to mutter wincing as she rubbed the arm the bracelet encircled.

"Stuck as a girl again Ranma? Seems to be a running theme." Nabiki commented having followed her sister in order to observe the action.

"Uh uh, I am not getting stuck as a girl again!" Ranma-chan said standing up, with difficulty, in order to get to some hot water. "No stupid little bracelet is going to beat me."

"Ranma you can't!" Akane said blocking the way to the sink, and thus preventing her stubborn fiancee's action.

"Get outa the way macho chick." Ranma-chan said annoyed at Akane's action.

"Ranma! I can't believe you said that! Here I am trying to be nice!" Akane replied angrily, she still didn't move out of the way though.

"Nice!? What do you know about nice, you, you uncute tomboy!"

"Whack!" Akane somehow managed to flatten Ranma-chan with a nearby kitchen chair.

"Good going sis, protect him from electrocuting himself by knocking him out cold. Great idea." Nabiki commented sarcastically.

"Oh my! Why is Ranma unconscious on the floor?" Kasumi asked innocently, having finally arrived on the scene.

Akane looked decidedly sheepish. Embarrassed she managed to say, "Kasumi, I uh, think we better take Ranma up to his room."


****************

Ranma-chan woke up in her room. Rubbing her eyes to wakefulness she prepared herself for another another morning. Slowly Ranma-chan got up and went to put on her clothes. Opening up her dresser she she reached in to grab one of her numerous silk, red, Chinese shirts and her black kung fu pants and stopped cold. There staring at her from inside her dresser was a pair of pink, lacy panties and a equally pink and lacy bra. That wasn't all, with pink undergarments where white stockings, pink high heeled shoes, and to complete it was a white and pink school fuku, girly bows and all.

Ranma-chan starred eyes wide like a deer in the headlights before the sight. Absently she noted a soft whispered voice coming from the drawer. "Wear us, wear us."

Ranma-chan blinked and then did the only logical thing she could think of. "Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!" Ranma-chan screamed on the top of her lungs.

Then as suddenly as she began she stopped. Blinking in confusion Ranma-chan noted that she was now no longer in the Tendo house, but instead naked in a large flower meadow. About a hundred meters in front of her was a placid, crystal blue lake.

"Huh!?" Ranma-chan said out loud in confusion.

"Thummmm." A deep sound resonated through air. The lake shimmered slightly as though disturbed.

Ranma-chan frowned at the sound and glanced around, she didn't see anything but mountains and clear blue sky. "What was that?"

"Thummmm!" The sound came again this time louder, the ground seemed to move under Ranma-chan.

Looking behind her Ranma-chan saw it as it came over the ridge into sight. "Thummmm!" Came the sound again as a colossal pair of pink high heeled shoes stomped into view like some kind of shoe Godzilla. These ones echoed out loud the earlier words. Instead of a whisper this time they came as if from a giant. "Wear us!"

Looking at the sight Ranma-chan immediately screamed again. "Aaaaaahhhhhhh!" Still screaming Ranma-chan ran off like she was being chased by a mob of cats. Which is to say she ran very, very fast in the most opposite direction available. In this case she ran strait into the lake. Amazingly she made it halfway across before sinking into the water.

Blinking in confusion a second time Ranma-chan noted that she was now in a clothing shop, still equally naked. Curiously she noted that she wasn't even wet, even though she could have sworn that a second ago she was underwater.

"Young lady what are you doing outdoors dressed like that?" Came the stern voice of the female shop keeper.

"Err... sorry about this." Ranma-chan replied confused about the chain of events. Oddly though everything felt strangely natural.

"Well, we can't leave you dressed like that now can we?" The shop keeper said, whipping out a set of Ranma-chan's normal clothes.

"Why golly thanks miss!" Ranma-chan said with honest cheer as she put on her standard clothing.

"Oh that it is okay, after all you look sooo adorable in it." The shop keeper said enthusiastically wheeling a full length mirror in front of Ranma-chan so that she could see.

And see she did. Looking into the mirror Ranma-chan saw not the clothes she had put on, but instead the white and pink fuku, white stockings, and the pink high heeled shoes. That wasn't all her hair was pulled back and set loose in a feminine style tied with a pink bow. Underneath she could feel the panties and bra as well, undoubtedly the same she had seen in the drawer. The overall effect screamed girl to the extreme.

Quivering Ranma-chan looked down at herself without the aid of the mirror. Then it was then that she screamed a third time.


**********************


"Aaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh!" Ranma-chan screamed sitting up fast from her futon smacking her head strait into a panda that was leaning over her. The force sent the panda reeling back and caused Ranma-chan to rub her head in pain.

"Ouch." Read the sign the panda lifted up after the blow.

"Ranma are you all right?" Akane asked worried that the last blow she delivered had done permanent damage.

In panic Ranma-chan grabbed the shirt and the pants she was wearing in confirmation. Seeing the standard red and black Ranma-chan let out a sigh of relief. Then she looked at the bracelet with evil intent having felt the ki levels flowing from it that indicated recent activity. "That does it!" Ranma-chan yelled giving off a fiery red battle aura. "I don't care what it takes, but the bracelet is coming off." Ranma-chan exclaimed triumphantly before descending into mad laughter.

"Oh my." Kasumi said mildly at the statement. "I think you may have hit Ranma a tad too hard Akane."

"You think?" Nabiki said dryly staring at the maddened, flaming Ranma-chan.