Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ White Christmas ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Everyone was gathered at the Tendo Dojo for the Christmas party. Soun and Genma were drinking happily. Nabiki, as always, was making money off everyone and anyone she could. Everyone was acting their normal self, except that for this night, no one was trying to kill anyone. Sure, some of them were not happy at seeing Ranma and Akane together and smiling, but for the sake of Christmas, they decided to let just this one night slide.
Away and above everyone was Mousse, who was sitting on the roof of the dojo. He looked around Nerima, which was covered in whiteness, in beautiful whiteness. He thought of the usual craziness and gave a sigh. He liked the peace mingled among the coldness and whiteness of winter. Below him, he could hear the laughter of everyone, who were acting civil to each other for at least this one night. He gave another sigh and laid down. He was quite content for he was starting life anew.
Mousse knew of Shampoo's presence even before she called out to him in her usual rude tone. "What stupid duck-boy doing up here?"
"Just enjoying the peace," Mousse said without looking at her. This caught Shampoo by surprise, for she expected a stream of proclamations of love from the boy.
"Stupid duck-boy," Shampoo said angrily. "You are good for nothing in here."
"That is why I've decided to leave," Mousse said in their native tongue, Mandarin. He said these words with such gentleness that they almost sounded melodious, yet dry for they had no emotion in them.
"Where?" Shampoo asked. "Back to China? Good. This way you don't stand between me and Ranma."
Mousse looked at her through his thick eyeglasses, but only smiled. "If I didn't know you better by now, I would have taken that as a gesture that you cared. I wish you happiness."
Shampoo just stood there, frozen, as a light snow started to fall. The feather-like snow floated around them, as if encircling them in their own dimension. Mousse stood up and faced her, drawing in his face. Shampoo clenched her fists, ready to strike him the moment her kissed her. She was surprised when she couldn't. Mousse lips barely touched hers as he brushed them lightly against hers, yet the kiss left a burning sensation. It was also too fast, as if it was only her imagination that it happened at all.
"Farewell," he said as he gently caressed her cheek, and with that he left. Before she could react, the boy had already disappeared as he jumped from rooftop to rooftop.
Shampoo stood there. She looked over to the horizon, but no Mousse. Before she knew it, the hot tears were trailing down her face, which still burned from that little touch of Mousse.
~The End~
Notes; This fic was originally longer. I posted it once, but I forgot where and I also don't remember where is the floppy where I saved it so I rewrote it. I know is sad, sorry. No, there will be no sequel. I have promised not to write continuation fics nor sequels. Sequels usually end up worse and continuation fics are most of the time unfinished, which is totally unfair for those who have been following the series. C & C are welcomed.