Realism Fan Fiction ❯ Hormonal ❯ Hormonal ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Emily closed the gymnasium door behind her. As she made her way over to the stage at the end of the room, she fiddled with the leftover quarter that wouldn't fit in her pocket-less gym shorts. She'd go to the bathroom and change her pad later so as to not entice the wrath of the teacher.
 
 
Emily never could lift herself up on the stage so effortlessly like most of the other girls. She laid stomach-down on the elevated stage floor, hoisting her upper body before swinging her legs over the wooden surface. She rolled onto her back and sat straight up, placing her change beside her (something she'd rather not do, trust being an issue, but hell, it was only a quarter).
 
 
The whistle blew, “Alright, girls, next five up!” The teacher called.
 
 
Emily dropped down and made her way to one of the forsaken field-hockey sticks. She saw one of the girls lift herself up on the stage (effortlessly, of course) and watched as a small, shiny object was knocked to the floor, followed by the tinkling of change. The girl noticed this in about two seconds and gave a shrill, half-forced squeal of delight.
 
 
“Ooh, a quarter!” she exclaimed, bending down to pick up the miniature circle.
 
 
Emily put on a false pout and said to the girl in an odd, almost joking voice “Aww, don't touch it! It's my quarter, don't touch my quarter!”
 
 
It was after Emily said this that the girl delivered a blow that she quite probably didn't know she had. She gave her a stare that was sort of befuddled, like she was confused as to why Emily was speaking to her, and also judging, like she wasn't sure why Emily had the nerve to open her mouth in the first place. She looked like she wasn't too sure if she believed Emily either, and wasn't certain what to do next. Her mouth was a little tighter, her nose a little crinkled, and her eyes looked up at Emily to shove all these needle-like feelings into her skin.
 
 
Emily was sure that the hurt, lonely emotion that she felt was reflected on her face. She could feel it in her eyes. Not knowing what to do, she did nothing (she was going to need another quarter after class), turned, and made her way to the other side of the gym. Alone.