Realism Fan Fiction ❯ Satan Says What? ❯ Satan Says What? ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Satan Says What?
Author: VenusIsKnownForFlyTraps
(A.k.a. Esperanza-Loco)
Rating: Eh… Pg-13, maybe
Beta: none
 
 
 
 
“Do you ever get in a car and just drive for hours and hours and not know where you're going?”
 
Alice looked over at the driver of the large red minivan and to the gangly brunette.
 
“…Do you want me to drive?” she asked cautiously.
 
“No, thank you, I'm fine,” Emily the brunette replied.
 
Emily had been quite strange since the C-section of her fourth child. After the triplets that came she had gained a slight case of schizophrenia, and when driving she had gotten lost so many times that her family and friends could never find her, and she always turned up in the most illogical and mysterious places far, far away from her original destination.
 
They were currently headed to Emily's best friend's baby shower and Alice had been invited because the woman, Emily's best friend, liked presents and desperately needed a new toaster oven.
 
They rode for a while, talking about what they had gotten for Emily's best friend (which sadly did not consist of a new toaster oven). Emily and Alice had not talked for a while, not since college, and so knew very little about what ticked the other off, and so did not want to say anything that could be taken as offensive.
 
The song “The Sun” by Maroon 5 ended, to both women's pleasure, and the radio station host talked for a few moments about some new health care product for men with balding heads before the next song came on.
 
“Do you hear Satan speaking in this song?” Emily asked mistily, taking her eyes off the road and passing the needed exit while looking at her companion.
 
Alice looked at Emily for a few long moments, and then turned to stare at the radio as the music blared.
 
I like big butts and I can not lie
You other brothers can't deny
That when a girl walks in with an itty bitty waist
And a round thing in your face
You get sprung
 
“Sure,” was Alice's only reply as she suddenly wished she had gone with her friend Jenna instead.
 
 
 
 
A/N: OK, the story behind this: tonight at dinner our family friend Tammy was over, and so we were talking about Tammy's daughter's date that night while she wasn't there, so we got through the discussion of how she was going out with some Domino's delivery guy that wouldn't pick her up until 10 and who had a good family, lived at home, broke up with his girlfriend recently, and looks like a cross between her old boyfriend Franco and Aaron Carter, so we were talking about the places they could go, one of the places being this place called Tremor's or something like that, which is an under 21 night club. So Tammy and my mom got into this discussion about this other under 21 night club back in Jersey that they couldn't remember the name of, so some how this got them to talk about old people they knew, one of which was this chick named Emily or something who gave birth to, like, 10 kids (which gave her schizophrenia) and how my mom had to go with her one in her car to a baby shower or something, so they were talking about how there was this exact conversations that's in my story, which was based off of what they talked about, partially. Great, huh?
 
Disclaimer: Don't own the songs, but I do own everything else (except Satan).