Role Playing Fan Fiction ❯ NOVA BURST ❯ Prelude ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

NOVABURST
 
Disclaimer: I own nothing except Reiko Yagami.
 
This is the story of a concept of character during my anime period of creation. During this time, most of my characters were inspired by various anime characters. Reiko is an almost pure copy of Rei Ayanami of Neon Genesis Evangelion and yet she remains one of my favourite. Learn about her during her life in her home dimension.
 
Character sheet using Aberrant rules:
 
Name: Reiko YAGAMI. Concept: nobody, average Japanese schoolgirl. Nature: survivor. Allegiance: corporate, public relations jobs (Gainax Industry). Eruption: deliberated by a mysterious female figure with a staff and a hooded cape who used her quantum power on Reiko.
 
Strength: 2. Appearance: 3. Perception: 4 (observant).
Dexterity: 5 (fast). Manipulation: 2. Intelligence: 4 (bookworm).
Stamina: 2. Charisma: 2. Wits: 4 (level headed).
 
Move:
Walk: 7 m. Run: 18 m. Sprint: 38 m.
 
Abilities:
Might: 2. Athletic: 3. Martial arts: 3. Melee: 3. Stealth: 1. Resistance: 4. Endurance: 3. Awareness: 4. Investigation: 1. Academic: 2. Computer: 2.
Linguistic: 1 (Japanese, English). Science: 1. Arts: 1. Rapport: 3. Etiquette: 1. Perform: 1.
 
Background:
Backing: 1 (Gainax). Influence: 1. Resource: 2. Attunement: 3.
Eufiber: 4. Node: 4. Dormancy: 3.
 
Nova powers:
Mega-strength: 1 (precision).
Mega-dexterity: 1 (perfect balance).
Mega-stamina (tainted): 1 (adaptability).
Mega-perception: 1 (electromagnetic vision).
Mega-intelligence: 1 (eidetic memory).
Mega-wits: 1 (redirection).
Mega-appearance (tainted): 1 (first impression).
Mega-manipulation: 1 (the Voice).
Mega-charisma (tainted): 1 (natural agitator).
Bioluminescence: 1.
Intuition: 1.
Luck: 1.
 
Willpower: 4. Quantum: 1. Initiative: 11. Quantum pool: 22.
Taint: 5.
 
Aberration: she has the appearance of Rei AYANAMI of Neon Genesis Evangelion (light blue hair, red eyes and pale skin).
 
Merits and flaws: ambidextrous (+1 pt), secret: bi-sexuality (-1 pt), dependant: Yumiko Takahashi (-4 pts), pacifist (-1 pt) and taint resistant (+5 pts).
 
Notes: born in 1994 the 23 march, the very same day, 4 years later, the Galatea explode. She is the unique daughter of a standard Japanese family. Her father is called Makoto and her mother is Nadesico. She was originally a normal teenager with short black hair and black eyes.
 
Prelude
 
Baptized in quantum fires, reborn as incarnate gods, drunk with fame, sacrificed on the altar of power.
 
We are your heroes, your legends, your icons.
 
Beware.
 
Your legacy is our future.
 
We are Novas.
 
In 1998, the 23 march, the research satellite Galatea exploded. This event marked the beginning of the era of the Novas.
 
The same day, Randel Portman became the first known Nova as `the fireman'.
 
August 13, the Project Utopia is founded under the guidance of the UN and the Aeon society.
 
December 4, The Mazarin-Rashoud or M-R node is recognized as the root of a Nova's abilities
 
By the end of the year 1998, 600 Novas are reported.
 
February 18 in 1999, the Moscow Crash plunged the world in an economic crisis.
 
March 1, Project Utopia announced a Nova effort to help the world.
 
November 21, Japan announced `Saisho' (`the new beginning') and began to use Novas to bolster Japan economy.
 
By the end of the year 1999, 1350 Novas are reported.
 
January 28 in 2000, the Triton Foundation announced the first successful gene-therapy for breast cancer.
 
February 1, Project Utopia began a massive cleanup of the world.
 
September 6, Project Utopia closed the hole in the ozone layer.
 
By the end of the year 2000, 1800 Novas are reported.
 
May-November in 2001, the first use of Novas mercenaries dubbed `elites' are reported in the Brushfire Wars known as the Equatorial Wars.
 
June 10, creation of the Directive: a multinational intelligence agency who will monitor the activities of Project Utopia and the Novas.
 
August 7, Nova Anibal Buendia created Eufiber.
 
By the end of the year 2001, 2100 Novas are reported.
 
January 2002, the world network is being replaced by advanced optical cable derived from Eufiber. The dubbed `Opnet' replaced the internet and all communications networks.
 
By the end of the year 2002, 2500 Novas are reported.
 
January 1 in 2003, the N! channel debuted and is dedicated solely to the Novas.
 
March 9, Team Tomorrow of Project Utopia rescued the space shuttle Discovery.
 
May 6, Project Utopia began to terraform the Ethiopian High lands.
 
October 7, the Triton Foundation released an AIDS vaccine.
 
By the end of the year 2003, 2800 Novas are reported.
 
February 19 in 2004, the Triton Foundation released an advanced gene-therapy that fight most known forms of cancer.
 
July 24, first Olympic competitions between Novas.
 
September 30, first inaugural match of the Xtreme Warfare Federation or XWF.
 
In November, the first female president of the United States, Lauren Pendleton, is elected.
 
By the end of the year 2004, 3000 Novas are reported.
 
April 19 in 2005, Team Tomorrow unseated the Macedonian Dictator Radocani.
 
June 15, Pope Benedict XVI issued the bull Ad Del Lucem which declared the Novas have immortal souls tainted with the original sin and thus can be saved through the grace of Christ.
 
October 31, Divis Mal used his power to issue the Null Manifesto worldwide which claimed that the Novas are not humans and thus free of the Humans limitations and laws. A nova group called the Teragen endorsed publicly the Null Manifesto.
 
By the end of the year 2005, 3500 Novas are reported.
 
August 30 in 2006, the proxies Novas Elites in the Kashmir turned the region into a blasted ecological nightmare during a small-scale war. Project Utopia stepped in with UN support and stopped the fighting.
 
By the end of the year 2006, 4800 Novas are reported.
 
January 1, the first Nova astronaut landed on the moon without life-support equipment.
 
March 1, The UN voted a ban on all NBC weapons by all the member states. There are still stockpiled nuclear weapons.
 
May-December, the Teragen organized attacks of terror and random violence worldwide.
 
August 3, Project Utopia received a permanent advisory seat on the UN Security Council by paying off the UN debt.
 
By the end of the year 2007, 6000 Novas are reported. There was still no birth among the Novas, either between them or with a baseline human.
 
March 23 in 2008, the Yagami family quietly celebrated the 14 anniversary of their daughter by a personal ticket for a lead tour in the headquarter of Nippontai.
 
May 13, Popular Team Tomorrow agent Jennifer “Slider” Landers is killed.
 
May 15, Andre Corbin escaped the funeral of his best friend Jennifer Landers.
 
May 16, Project Utopia revealed that Corbin was responsible of the murder of Landers.
 
May 30, Novas Sophia Rousseau and Andre Corbin created the “Aberrants” underground organization to expose the hidden corruption in Project Utopia.
 
June 15, now.
 
1234567890987654321
 
Notes: this story was `on the fire' since at least two years. I have just decided to try to launch it.
 
Many of my writings are formed by a crossover between an anime and a role-playing game. I found the use of a role-playing game, an adequate platform for the creation of a write. You have detailed background information on the anime and solid reference for not transforming your characters into powerhouses.
 
Well, at least, not initially. I confess that I am a bit inclined towards powerful characters. The dreaded Mary-sue is always lurking in the background.
 
I have used numerous time a character who is a normal person and suddenly because of the game is transformed into an approximation of an anime character. I hope you will like my work.
 
Read and review please.