Role Playing Fan Fiction ❯ Walk Away ❯ Chapter 1

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: The only thing I own in this story is Rachael. Clove, Milo, and Max all belong to their respective creators.
 
Author's Notes: This is just a little oneshot that I wrote based off a story that my friend wrote which was based off one of our Cats based RPGs. Enjoy.
 
Walk Away
 
Rachael watched as Clove, Milo, and Max left the FF HQ just barely biting back a moan as Clove walked by. She knew that he didn't feel anything for her but she couldn't help how she felt. While he pined over Maxine, she did likewise over him. It was ironic really, he loved Max and vice versa but neither knew of it. Then there was Milo. Poor Milo, his feelings would never be returned, just like hers wouldn't. Milo knew that Max wanted Clove too, but still he desired her... loved her, just like she still loved and desired Clove.
 
She couldn't help but chuckle to herself as she followed the trio to Max's den. Perhaps she should invite Milo over sometime so they could regale each other with tales of their mutual heartache over catnip laced cream; at least then neither of them would be alone in their misery. Someone once said that `love is the founder of hopeless dreams, bringer of uncertain faith, and breaker of shattered hearts'*; pity that person had to hit the nail right on the head.
 
Rachael sighed softly as Clove disappeared into Max's den. She loved Clove with all her being but he didn't even know she existed. He probably didn't even know her name. She made no move to stop the tear that slipped slowly down her cheek. She may be physic but even she couldn't choose where she would love. Another tear slipped gently down her cheek and drip from her chin to stain the ground at her feet. With one last look and a choked back sob, she turned and walked away. If that is what it took to make Clove happy then that is what she would do. Walk away.
 
~Fin~
 
*Got this quote from a story on AdultFanfiction.net called Pleasure and Pain by TornBloodyFaith