Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction / Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction ❯ The Blood That Ties ❯ Fledgling ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's note: Hey everyone once again I have managed to get my lazy butt in gear and crank out another chapter. Huzzah! Though...Ya know...I cooould use a review or two...Or three you know...Helps a girl with her creative mojo. *Flutters eyelashes* any who, on with the chapter!
 
The Blood That Ties
It was hours before Gabrielle moved once again, though for the sullen girl it felt like eternity. Dragging her feet along the ground, her moves were slow and sluggish and it was difficult for her to obtain a standing position for any length of time. After a few movements, her legs would quiver, and she would be in the same position she had begun in, crumbled on the ground. Her thirst may have been quenched for the time being, but her strength was another problem entirely.
When she did finally find herself standing and walking, Gabrielle found herself falling onto the muddy ground more than twice, her legs giving out from underneath her. Her legs were like jelly, never letting her move in a stable manner, not to mention they acted as through a thousand knives had cut into them. Her joints throbbed and begged for another rest. Her body was trembling, and she soon found herself clinging to the base of a sturdy tree.
“It's useless...” Gabrielle whispered against the rough bark of the tree, resting her cheek against it as though it was a gentle pillow. Her life in the mansion had never prepped her for such a damaging struggle. She had been an aristocrat's daughter! Though she had tried not to depend on anyone in the luxurious life there, dressing yourself and not allowing anyone to assist you in simple tasks was nothing compared to wandering around the forest utterly lost while deal with the aftermath of a vampire bite.
“Actually...Nothing could prepare me for this...It doesn't seem real...” But it was. No dream could this long and cause this much pain. Gabrielle could only wish that it was a dream, and make believe that dying would be the only way to wake up.
Gabrielle closed her eyes, ready to give up, to remain against the tree until exhaustion completely shut her body down. However, another rustling was heard, and this time the source carried with it a very alluring scent. It was blood. It had to be blood; it tickled her nose and sent waves down to her stomach as any other animal brought to her. But this time, she could agree with the scent, deem it delicious, even salivate at the overwhelming scent. Comparing the scents was futile though, it was like comparing a fine steak to a meagre hamburger. But... There was something...Off about it.
And as the rustling made its way closer, Gabrielle discovered just why the scent was so appealing.
It belonged to a human.
A male at that, if her eyes did not deceive her, a brunette clad in dark, flowing clothing, almost monk-like. It was odd enough to see a human wandering around in the midst of the forest, but dressed like he should be in the nearest church, ringing bells. Well, let's just say it was odd enough to make Gabrielle forget about her weakened condition.
Until the scent of his blood hit her.
Just like a wall, almost forcing her against the base of the tree. The mere scent of it had cause a fire to ignite in her throat, and abruptly it was as if she had never fed from the doe that day. At least her mind was still intact, at least for the time being, though it was not intact enough to tell her to hide from him until he cleared the area, unless she wanted to feed from the human.
Oh why did she keep referring to him as a human!
But it was too late to wonder, the boy had turned into her direction, and his emerald green eyes seemed to automatically lock onto her cerulean ones. He didn't seem surprised, if fact he seemed...Disappointed, and didn't hesitate from approaching her. Gabrielle must of looked like a deer caught in the headlights, as once the boy started to approach she scrambled against the tree, until she was standing on her shaky legs, her eyes full of fear.
“Are you...Okay?” The boy raised an eyebrow at her, his brunette hair framing his emerald eyes as they drifted over her. Gabrielle would of shuddered and been frightened for herself, but the boy's gaze seemed more analytical than lustful...And frankly Gabrielle was worried more about lunging at the boy and draining him dry of blood.
“Miss are you okay?”
Gabrielle allowing her hand to trail up to her face, clamping it over her nose and mouth, nodding enthusiastically. The fire in her throat immediately started to die down, now if only she could cease looking like some sort of impaired mute. She painted on a false smile behind her hand, but as the boy's scowl seemed to deepen, she had a feeling he wouldn't believe her.
“...I'm only going to ask you this once more...Maybe I'll reword it this time...How long has it been since you've been turned?”
Well...That was unexpected.
Was there a sign above her that flashed `Dying Vampire'?
Either way, Gabrielle's eyes widened, and she was clueless to whether she should be relieved or frightened that he could decipher what she was in such a short amount of time. She did know, however, that she was beginning to grow tired of the questioning from this young man, especially when his life's essence smelled so intoxicating. Her throat was burning with pain, her body aching for her to stop with the human morals and to give into this overwhelming hunger inside her. But, maybe if she actually answered his question, he would leave, and she could go back to giving up.
“A w-week...But I'm fine...Really...” Though in her mind she knew that it was far from the truth, she had to force the words out, trying not to inhale the scent of his sweet delicious blood. It disgusted her but enticed her at the same time, and the boy seemed all too aware of it.
“Shit...” The boy seemed to hiss, and after that a string of curses expelled from his lips, in several languages, fluently. Whoever this boy was, he sure had a mouth on him, but Gabrielle knew she would of been doing worse if she had realized she was in the presence of a thirsty vampire.
In fact, when she did come face to face with the demon that stole the lives of her family, she had frozen in place, completely susceptible to his will. At least he could probably get away from her...Once he got the sense to do so.
But of course, nothing was as it seemed, this man didn't even seem the least bit fearful of what she was and her current condition. In fact...The boy acted as though finding her was a chore, rolling his eyes and cursing under his breath. As he did he yanked back one of his loose sleeves and tied it around his upper arm, holding his bare pale wrist in front of her face, his blood wafting into her nostrils.
Was he trying to get himself killed?! His wrist was so close, the scent of his blood so strong that she could taste it on her tongue! Who just does that to a vampire?! How sadistic was this man that when he found himself face-to-face with a stranger that he had just discovered was a vampire, his first instinct was to just offer up his fleshy appendage!
"Gah! I can barely believe that any vampire would even consider leaving their fledgling out in the wild like this!"
Fledging? That was a new word for herself...It sounded nicer than calling herself a monster. She would of commented on it, but her salivary glands had other plans in mind. Before she could even think of stopping herself, her right hand gripped his extended on, just a few inches below his wrist. Pulling the beautiful appendage closer to herself, she parted her lips slightly, just enough to sink her teeth into the throbbing vein lying just beneath his skin.
She could feel the boy wince under her bite, and out of her peripheral vision she could see his free hand fumble into a pouch on his side, but otherwise he remained silent. This could potentially prove to be problematic, but Gabrielle found herself too enthralled in the delectable taste of his blood as it invaded her mouth. How did she ever survive on animal blood? If she had known previously that human blood would taste so...Immaculate on her tongue, she would of found her way to civilization much earlier.
But still, though Mimi was indeed a fledgling, she was not a greedy one. Just as she was in her old life, as luxurious as it was. Mimi only consumed a few mouthfuls of the sweet coppery liquid, stopping when the fire in her throat finally ceased. She slowly pulled off the boy's wrist, gentle as to not cause his body any more harm.

"Thank-You...No need to defend yourself now..." She smiled as she fell back against the tree, wiping the blood off her lips as she gazed at free hand.
 
"It was nothing, I just can barely believe whoever created you would just leave you like this..." The boy didn't even turn on her then, just simply flexed his hand, glancing down as the small puncture words slowly began to clot, stopping the bleeding. Gabrielle watched as well, finally feeling satisfied for the first time since she awoke.
 
The sudden extension of his other hand to her snapped Gabrielle out of her entranced state, causing her to jump back against the tree.
 
"Come on, let's get you somewhere safe.”

Her hands flung to her sides, gripping the bark of the tree supporting her. Vampire or not, human strangers were not to be trusted, even after they had helped you. Gabrielle had learned that long ago, even before the vampire part was added. The boy was a bit unnerving at that, his actions seemed without any care or empathy, and he hadn't stopped scowling since his eyes rested upon her. The cold tone of his voice was almost nothing to sneeze at. His entire behaviour had been odd since the moment she saw him...
 
Then again, she was a newly changed vampire, who was to say she was so vulnerable.
 
"You helped me enough...I can handle myself..." Her tone was wary, nearly scared, she did not know what to do with herself. Sure she was fed for now, but the hunger would return, would she be able to find another willing human in time? And with her mansion under the control of the one her had changed her, she was technically homeless. But she knew not of this man's intentions, so she remained on her guard.
 
At that, the boy rolled his eyes for what seemed like the tenth time, and Gabrielle prepare herself to run.He used the hand he had offered her to palm his face, shaking his head some as he spoke, "You're a brand new vampire, you have no idea what you're doing or the rules normally associated with what you've become. I do. If I'd wanted to end your existence I would've done it when you were still weak and crazed without blood. I wouldn't have fed you. Now, are you going to come or not?"
 
He did a point, she had to admit.
 
The one who had turned her did not stick around to help her adjust or tell her the logistics of being a vampire. Hell she wasn't even fully sure that she was a vampire until the name rolled off his lips. If he knew anything about vampires, it would be extremely helpful. She woke up without a place to call home, without a family to call her own. With dark memories plaguing her mind, and new urges controlling her body... All she knew was that she had no choice but to trust him...

"Fine..." She whispered as she shakily extended her hand to him, fear and mistrust gleaming in her eyes.
 
He reached out and took her hand, pulling her up onto her feet with an ease that contrasted with his thin frame, "Good, I didn't want to have to hurt you."

Once she was up, he let go of her hand and turned, heading back the way he came into the forest at a brisk walk. Gabrielle was hesitant to follow him, it seemed as if she would be walking into some huge trap...But it would not matter, she was not weak anymore, if he tried anything funny she could fight him off...
 
...Couldn't she?