Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Catch and Release ❯ Deserving/Word Power ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Original Prompt :: Word Power
New Title :: Deserving
Word Count :: 377
Character(s) :: Annai and Hiro
 
He wasn't good with words. So far in his long life he'd been blessed with a few around him that understood everything he did for the silent messages they were, no matter the age it seemed. However the auburn haired, broken hearted idiot in front of him wasn't one of those people at the moment. Annai cursed whatever had possessed him to take the other in so many years ago.
“Hiro.” His `brother' refused to look at him.
“Hiroshi,” Annai snapped, royal purple eyes going dangerous. It had no effect, seeing as the other wasn't looking. With a sigh, Annai moved to sit before the distraught man. Sill the younger didn't look at him, focused on nothing on the floor.
“This should only be more proof that it wasn't right.” Hiro furiously shook his head. There was no reasoning with him, there hadn't for hours. Annai had been trying since before the sun had set and now the moon was high.
His brother's longer hair was undone from the messy braids he'd begun to favor, undone from even the normal tie.
“Hiro, she didn't love you-”
“I love her!” Hiro snapped, fangs obvious; dangerous looking despite the tears still slipping down his face. His wolf ears pulled back in distrust.
“That doesn't matter if she's only using you to get away from the man she`s supposed to be committed to!” As hard as it was to hear for the other, Annai found it just as hard to say. More tears fell; Annai knew he'd made a mistake. But he continued anyways. Maybe he'd finish this if he could just spit the words out that needed to be said.
“She didn't love you. She's pregnant with another man's child. And she left you because of it. I know she was the first you've loved like this but please move on. Just forget her...” Hiro looked at him sniffling.
“But I love her.”
“I know.” Those words were beginning to pain his long ears.
“Why didn't she love me?” Hiro nearly whimpered, burying his face into his arms. Annai could only reach out and console him. He had no more words with the power to help. He wished he did.
She didn't deserve you Hiro…she just didn't…