Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Yame ❯ The Dance Of Life ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

I woke up this morning realizing that we were a months time from our destination, and that after 9 months of walk that Hikari was very restless. "Yame, is the nearest town anywhere close, or too far to stop," she asked me knowing that it wasn't. "It's not close, it's more than a months time. But out destination is a months, so no side trips," I said as she sighed. "Isn't there any means of transport, at the least," she asked. "No Hikari, it's far too dangerous," I answered as she looked at me. "Why Yame, I haven't seen any monsters, assassins, nor theives," she said as her look was more puzzled. "Those of pure darkness lure beneath the snow and only show themselves if one is foolish enough to dare show weakness, wealth, or emotion. The more emotion you put in your voice and soul, the more likely you are to be attacked. That is why Hikari you shouldn't be alone here," I whispered to her as I past her brephly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Later on that day it had occured to me, why not ask Hikari to marry me. I mean she's a princess and I a prince, and we love each other more than words, so what would it hurt? "Hikari, I want to ask you something important," I started as I felt myself losing my cool. "Hm, what is it Yame," she said as I knew I was turning red. "Hi... Hikari, will... I mean you don't have to, but will you m... marry me," I tryed to say without choking. "Yame are you serious?! Of course I will! But, I want you to do something for me first," she said with a smile that told me I wasn't going to like it.
 
 
 
 
 
A few hours later she some how dyed my hair blonde. "Hikari, how did you talk me into this," I growned as I looked in her pocket mirror. "Because you love me and want to do whatever I ask you to do," she said as I already knew the answer.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
After the chaous of the day and sleeping of the night, we once again made way for the palace. It then occured to me that there was a small town about a days walk from here. "Hikari, there's a town nearby that I just remembered, it's small and not may know of it, do you want to go there," I asked her knowing full well that she would. "Really! We can go! Then what are we waiting for," she cried as I started leading her in its derection.