Romance Fan Fiction / Original Stories Fan Fiction ❯ Yame ❯ The Stains of Life ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Yame looked into the darkness as he sat in a dased like state. He and Hikari had stopped in a hotel and Yame seemed sick. "Ah Yame...," Hikari started as he flew up in the air startled. "Hikari, you scared me," Yame said as he held his chest. "I'm sorry, you just seemed a little pale so I was worried," she apoligised. "I'm fine, hey what are you doing," he asked as she touched his forehead. "Well your forehead says different, stay here I'll be right back," she said as he looked at her puzzled. She ran to another room then came back. "Put this in your mouth and do not talk back," she said as she shoved a themometer in his mouth. It beeped after a little while. "Oh my, Yame do you know what this says," Hikari gasped as she looked at it. "What," he asked not very interested. "It says you have a fever of 103, I want you to go lay down now," Hikari demanded. "Fine," Yame said as he walked to his room. Hikari walked into his room with medicine. "Take this," she said as she gave him a spoonful. "Yuck, what was that," he asked as he flinched. "That was your medicine, and you're taking it till you're better, so no back talk or I'll get you later," she said hauntingly.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Hikari sat over Yame as he slept. "Bad book, never read," Yame said in his sleep. It then occured to her of his black book. 'I wonder... Hmmm," she thought as she picked it up off a near by table. 'The Arts of the Abyss of the Darkness', the title read. 'What does that mean," Hikari thought as she opened it. "What is this," she cried out as she started reading it.



2 hours later Yame awoke to see her reading it. "What are you doing," he asked as he arose. She put down the book to see him looking somewhat worse. "Just reading," she answered as she laid him back down. "You know that book is a cursed book right," Yame said raising his eyebrow. "I didn't, but it told me more about this realm then I knew," she said to him as she put a wet rag on his head. "...," Yame sighed.
 
 
 
 
 
Yame walked down the street and into a cafe'. Buying a drink while he had a seat, he noticed that he felt funny. Putting his hand to his head, he found that he was warm. "So I'm sick, big woop," he said aloud as he stared out the window. "Sir, here's your drink," said the waitress as she sat it down. "Thank you," he said as he looked at her. Sencing she was staring back and seemed kind of concerned, Yame smiled. "Don't worry, I'm fine, you don't need to look at me like that," he said. "I'm sorry, it's just that you look really sick, are you sure you should be out," she asked. "Now you're sounding like my fiance', and yes I'm sure," he said. Then there was a shout from the back, and she left. "Do I really look that sick? I feel just fine...," Yame trailed. "Um excuse me, I'm looking for a man, he's about 5'9, blonde hair, gray eyes, have you seen anyone like that," said a voice. 'Great...,' Yame thought as he laid his head down. "Yeah, there's a young man in booth 7 who matches that," another voice said. 'Please be an illusion,' Yame thought. But it wasn't, Hikari walked over to him. "Yame, what are you doing," she asked. "I'm getting out so that I won't be so bord," Yame said. "What's that suppose to mean!?" Hikari yelled. "Take it as you will, I just need to get out of there," Yame said. "Why is that huh," Hikari said furious. "Hikari, we've been on the road for over 5 monthes, I just need to see new seneries," Yame said as he put some money down and left.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I walked down to a salon and paid to have them dye my hair brown. While I was there I had them brade my hair and trim it up. They said I looked really girly like this, but I don't care. Walking out it hit me to buy some new clothes. So I went in the near by clothes shop and bought some new treads. Going back to the hotel it hit me that I should buy something to make up with Hikari. So droping by a jelery store, I couldn't find a thing she'd like. "Sir can I help you," a clerk asked me. "Yes, I wanted to buy something for my fiance', she's from the light realm, so I'm a little lost on what to buy," I said still not seeing anything. "Well there's a necklace over here that she may like," they said as they lead me to another part of the store. He lead me to a beutiful droping necklace, it had jewels of blue and green, and a few diamonds. "Wow, I bet something like this costs a lot of money," I said as he smiled. "Well yes, but Prince Yame, I'll give you it for free," he said as I turned in shock. "How did you know I am the prince!? And why," I asked as he stood there smiling. "Easy, your book, and because I cannot charge you for this shop is yours. Your father bought it for you," he said as it then hit me that this WHOLE town was mine... "Oh yeah, I completely forgot, but I want that necklace," I said. "Well isn't that nice. Okey, do you want it wraped," he asked as I nodded. Before I left, I gave him some money so he would have some profit. Along with that, I bought a diamond ring. After I left I went back to the hotel. Walking in with the boxes in my pocket, I went over to her. "Hikari, I'm sorry about what happened back there," I said as she looked up. I could see the shock in her eyes when she saw my hair. "Yame what did you do to your hair," she nearly screamed. "I had it dyed, trimed, and styled, what you don't like it," I asked. "Oh, I do like it, it just overtook me," she said. "Hikari, I have something for you ^_-," I said as I reached in my pocket. "What is it!? OH I LOVE SURPRISES," she said happily. I handed her the ring first. As she opened it her eyes lit up. "Yame, where did you get something like this," she asked as she tryed it on. "I OWN this town, so the jewelery store is mine, and I can get free stuff," I explained. "So it comes from your own mine as well," she asked. "Yes, I thank my father for that," I said to her. She seemed to purr on the ring, and it looked great on her. "I have something else for you Hikari," I said reaching in my pocket again. "What is it," she said with an even bigger smile. I handed her the necklace. She gasped as she opened it. "Hikari, I wouldn't wear that in public, that is a VERY expencive piece," I warned. "Okey," she said as she put it on.