Romance Fan Fiction ❯ My Girlfriend is a Sorceress ❯ CHINA ( Chapter 28 )

[ A - All Readers ]

CHAPTER 28 - CHINA
NARRATOR'S POV
“Ann, we're here.” James uttered.
Slowly, Ann opened her eyes and sit up straight in one of the airplane seats. James just don't want to ruin her beautiful sleep, especially having her head laid on his shoulder :”>
The two lovebirds right away went out of the plane. James pulled their luggage tightly in his right hand while his other hand was holding his `girlfriend's' hand.
“James, it's surprisingly cold in here.” Ann shrugged.
“Don't worry; I'll have my arms around you to keep you warm, anytime.” James teasingly smiled. She smiled back.
“But seriously, did Lauren pack us some coats, or…it's all bikinis in there?” he joked.
“Yes, Lauren did pack us a mountain of thick coats, now I know why she did that, but…what are BIKINIS???” Ann innocently asked.
James wants to laugh out so loud right now. She never fails to make him laugh, or smile, with her innocent, so innocent questions.
“It doesn't really matter.” he answered, forcing himself not to laugh.
Ann's emotions ran high at the moment. A few moments from now, she'll finally meet her mom after more than three hundred years of separation. But, she was not 100% sure that the mom that Pierro's referring to is her mom. She would breathe deep breaths every now and then. And of course, her oh-so caring boyfriend worries about it.
“Ann, are you okay?” James asked.
“I don't know, James. I just can't keep myself calm. I'm too anxious of what's going to happen right this day.” Ann replied.
“You know, we can stroll around China for awhile before visiting Pierro's residence. It might help you feel calm.” James suggested.
“Seriously?” she asked.
“I'll do anything just to make you feel okay.” He smiled.
Before strolling around the big land mass, they first checked-in to a hotel and left their luggage there. It was a cold morning there in China. They really did not visit the famous landmarks in there; they only strolled to the busy streets and captured every moment they shared. It was an ordinary bonding, though they shared a very special moment with each other. In fact, Ann was more human now that she completely acts like one. They enjoyed each other's company and they wished that those moments would never last.
It was completely not part of the plan to have a date inside a busy market but Ann was just really curious of how it was like to be in a market. They bought street foods which they've both tasted for the first time. To see how they are so enjoyed right at this moment, no one could really erase the smile on their faces whenever someone of them would joke; whenever they would taste a dish for the first time; whenever they would find themselves stuck in a funny moment; whenever they would hold each other's hand; whenever their eyes would meet…everything was precious, no time wasted because every moment passing would certainly be a moment to treasure.
After which, they went inside a not so small store. Ann requested to go in there, she was just really amazed by all those fluffy toys hanging by the windows and she wants to touch one.
“Aww, this one's cute…oh no, this one's cuter.” Ann told herself while holding those stuff toys. James wasn't doing anything. He was just standing there, looking at Ann and he's happy and satisfied to see Ann happy.
“Hey, this one looks familiar…oh yeah, I remember, Spo—Spongbob!” she exclaimed.
“Hmpf! Once I'll land on a job and earn money, I'll certainly buy you first.” She smiled. “Just stay here, okay? I'll buy you when I'll find money.” She talked to the stuffed toy.
James, who was hearing all she was saying, got an idea of what to give Ann as a souvenir from China but honestly speaking, SPONGEBOB isn't really a credible souvenir especially coming from China, I mean Americans made Spongebob, LOL.
After almost half a day of strolling in the small towns of China, both already lost so much energy, their tummy were already roaring, demanding for food.
“James, wait, my shoes got destroyed.” Ann uttered. “I'm sorry, I'll just fix this when I can find time.” Ann apologized.
“Let's just buy a new one.”
“What? No, don't. I'll fix this, alright? And anyway, I can walk barefooted, so do not worry.” Ann assured.
“Walk barefooted? Are you out of your mind? Of course it's dangerous, your feet might get bruised and who said I'll allow you to walk without something on your feet?” James worriedly said.
“James, I can heal bruises.”
“Of course you do, but, no I won't let you.”
“But-----”
“Enough already. Just hop into my back, I'll give you a piggyback ride.” James stated as he kneeled in front of Ann, ready to carry her on his back.
“What are you doing?”
“I'll carry you on my back.”
“No way.”
“Ann, do what I said, okay?”
Ann hesitated but eventually obeyed what James had told him. Ann was pretty heavy but James wasn't really minding it. All that was on his mind was that the fact that Ann's hands were tightly wrapped on his shoulders, and thus, making his heart beat on its abnormal beating again. On the other hand, Ann was completely awkward and is doing her best to stop the lightning volts from appearing on her hands.
They arrived at the restaurant shortly. They ordered their food and had their lunch. James was glad that Ann was feeling better now, thanks to him, of course. After their lunch, the two planned to rest for awhile before finally visiting Pierro's residence.
It was early afternoon when James received a call from his mom.
“James, you need to go back here quick. You have important matters to attend to.” Mrs. Reid exclaimed.
“What? But mom, we're still not done with our school work!” James replied.
“James, do what I say.”
“But mom---”
“So are trying to tell me that you're prioritizing your school works more than your mother?”
“Mom, it's not like that. It's just that…” James got ran out of words for an alibi just to convince his mom to let him stay in China for a little longer.
“Go back here, or I'll definitely block your credit cards.”
“If that's what makes you happy, do what you want, mom.” James exclaimed.
“So you really wanted me to go there and drive you back here?” Mrs. Reid was already sounding furious right now.
James doesn't have a choice but to follow her mom. If she you would go there to China just to take him home, she would probably find out about Ann. That was the reason why James surrendered and agreed to what his mom had told him.
“Ann, there's an emergency.” James stated. “Mom wants me to go home as soon as possible.” He added.
“Is that so? Well, uhmm…---” Ann can't find some words to answer. If she would go with James, she would miss the opportunity of finding out about her mother, though she wasn't really sure if she would find her mom, but if she will stay and take the risk, she might get lost and would never find her way home especially if assuming that Pierro's mom is her mom is just a miscalculation.
“But don't worry Ann, I will find ways. Uh, maybe I'll just send you to Pierro's house. I'll leave my phone number to you and just contact me whenever you're having a problem, okay? I'll be back before you know it.” James assured her.
Ann agreed with James' plan. They hurriedly went to Pierro's mansion. Like what James said, he left his phone number to Ann and introduced her to Pierro.
“Ann, good luck. Call me as soon as you find out about your mom, alright?” James asked.
“Of course. Have a safe trip, James.” Ann smiled. They hugged each other and James left after that. Ann took a deep breath as she stepped inside the huge mansion. Pierro was at her side, discussing things about where the porcelains come from. Ann was stunned at how plentiful the porcelains were in Pierro's house. It nearly covered all the walls of his house.
Suddenly, Pierro's phone rang.
“Excuse me for awhile.” He said as he went into a corner to entertain the one on his phone. But Ann didn't mind. She kept on eyeing those stunning porcelains without minding the path she has taken. She was consistently moving forward. She was suddenly startled when she heard a noise from a certain room. It was a noise that is commonly heard when a glass would break. She can't help herself but to peek on that certain room.
There she saw a mountain of porcelains being destroyed. Pieces of it were scattered on the ground. Her eyes went to meet the stare of a woman who was holding an axe, a woman who was probably in her fifty's. By the look on her face, she's stunned to see Ann. She was possibly the one breaking the porcelains. She stepped forward, going to her direction, not minding the broken pieces to bruise the soles of her feet. Ann slightly backed away as she was frightened of what this woman whom she didn't even know would do. Ann was just inches taller than her. She stopped just in front of Ann and hesitantly held her face. Ann felt her cold palms resting on her cheeks. At some point, this woman looks familiar to her but she wasn't sure of where and when she met her. After a few moments of silence, the woman finally spoke,
“Can you tell me what your name is?” she asked.
Ann was hesitant if she is going to trust this woman to know her name but words came out of her mouth unmindfully.
“I'm Ann.” Ann replied.
“Ann?” she asked. She paused for awhile. “Are you sure your name is Ann?”
Ann paused, sill confused. How did this woman know that ANN wasn't her real name?
“M-My real name is Aikaterina.” She answered, still, unmindful of what she was saying.
The woman suddenly felt dizzy and fainted.
“What did I do?” Ann uttered.
END OF CHAPTER 28-
.