Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Prayers Surpass Time ❯ Prologue- The Prologue in Which Something Happens that Affects the Plot Line of the Story ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
 
Prayers Surpass Time
By: Natilie Sawada
 
 
 
 
 
Author's Note: I entered this in a writing contest near my hometown, and I won first place in the senior division. Tell me what you think, because I want feedback from kids my age (I'm 14) other than old judge ppl ^_^. So please review.
P.S. this is not a fan fiction. It is an entire stand alone story.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Prologue: The Prologue in Which Something Happens that Affects the Plot Line of the Story
*************
“I fear too early, for my mind misgives
Some consequence yet hanging in the starts
Shall bitterly begin his fearful date
With this night's revels and expire the term
But He, that hath the steerage of my course,
Direct my sail!
*************
-Romeo and Juliet By: William Shakespeare Act I Scene IV
 
The boy sat on a rock, fiddling with his hat. He sighed. It was so hard to make all the decisions in the group. But now, something seemed to be making the decision for him.
“We're going north,” he had told his companions earlier that day. But now, it was like a magnet force pulling him towards the west. But he didn't want to go west. Why go west, there was nothing to gain with going west. But this wasn't the first time he'd had a “feeling” like this. And if he'd listened to it that time…well, that was another story.
The boy made up his mind, wheeling around to face his traveling companions.
“We're changing direction, and going west,” he announced. They just stared at him.
“But—” one of them started to protest. The boy interrupted him.
“Don't worry. Have I ever led you astray before?” he asked reassuringly. The man could not argue with that. The boy looked around. “Any other concerns?” He did not wait for answers. “All right then, follow me you two.”
He hefted his pack higher on his shoulder and headed out west.
To whoever, or whatever is steering my fate, may all turn out well in the end, he prayed to the tree tops.
But the boy's prayer was not needed. He would find his own happy end at the finish of the western road he followed
And he sure was glad he did follow it.
Because if he hadn't gone west…he never would have met her.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~