Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Prayers Surpass Time ❯ Epilogue- The Epilogue in Which I Find Out the Meaning of Happily Ever After ( Epilogue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Epilogue: The Epilogue in Which I Find Out the Meaning of Happily Ever After
*************
“(Kikoeru yami terasu kane)
I hear the bell that illuminates the darkness
(Kimi e to michi wa tooku)
The road that goes to you is far
(oshiete umi wataru kaze)
Tell me, oh the wind that spreads across the ocean...
 
(inori wa toki wo koeru)
Prayers surpass time
*************
-Inori ~You Raise Me Up~
Sung By: Lena Park
 
I remember it…even now. I remember waking up on the cold ground under the trees of Pennsylvania's Sherwood Forest. I was still sixteen, and I was wearing the same clothes as that day…
I remember thinking…maybe it had all been just a dream and crying…crying…crying. But then I remembered what I had dreamed Robin had said.
“Here. In case something happens, I want you to have something to remember me by.” He handed me his famous hat with the feather stuck through the side.
“Oh, Robin, thank you!”
I remember reaching into my backpack. There was my sketchbook, my journal, my crackers for a snack…and there, at the very bottom… Robin Hood's hat. I remember crying in relief and joy.
And then…I opened my eyes.
“Are you all right?” My college roommate Chelsea asked, her big brown eyes full of concern.
“Yah, I'm okay,” I muttered, getting up out of bed. It had been three years since then, and not a day had gone by when I had not thought of Robin; not one day I hadn't prayed he'd somehow, someway walk across my path one day….not one night when I had not heard his voice, or felt his touch in my dreams. And every day I felt like crying because I would probably…most likely…almost inevitably never see him again.
I got dressed. Crap…I had overslept and was going to be late for classes, which were across campus from my dorm. I rushed out the door, bounding over the sidewalks to the literature building…and I crashed into someone.
“Ahh! Sorry!” I cried, pushing past them, “I'm in a hurry.”
“Vaylie…?” I stopped dead in my tracks as an English voice from my dreams spoke my name. I couldn't dare myself to hope. I didn't want to turn around and look, and have it not be him… again….and again. Oh God, I didn't think I could survive it again. I slowly, turned around; bracing myself for the pain and sadness that would rip through me at seeing it was some transfer student from one of my classes.
I opened one eye, and first I saw the red hair, and my heart skipped a beat. I saw the square jaw, straight nose, and I couldn't breathe. And lastly…the sparkling blue eyes filled with so much hope I couldn't stand it.
“R-Robin?” I choked out. “Is that really you?”
“Oh, God, Vaylie!” he cried, “I've finally found you!”
“Robin—how did you—” I stuttered, and he just smiled.
“Nothing could keep me from you, Vaylie.”
“Oh, my God! I can't believe it!” I exclaimed.
“Neither can I,” Robin replied.
“Oh, Robin! I prayed, and prayed, and prayed!”
“I heard you,” He said, his hand stroking my cheek, “I heard your prayers.
“Robin…oh, my God, you're really here!” I cried and jumped into his arms.
“No, Vaylie,” he whispered into my hair, “I'm home.”
 
 
The

End