Romance Fan Fiction ❯ Saeron's Temple ❯ Escape ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter Three - Escape

I felt the moisture of the air around me and the breeze sent a chill down my back. But despite this I felt a warm feeling inside me. I could see figures in the distance. Blurred as they were I somehow knew who they were.
"Mom! Dad! Baymon! I'm here! I've come back to you!" My voice struggled to rise from a whisper. The wind was picking up and I began to feel as though I was going to lose them. My feet carried me forward, but I never seemed to get any closer. "Baymon it's me, Dante! Mom, can you hear me?! Dad, I'm coming, please wait for me." My feet continued to move, but the figures began to look smaller. They were getting further and further from me. "No! Please wait! Don't leave me!!" My foot suddenly caught on something and I was sent spiraling to the ground. I tried to get up, but something heavy weighed me down. I tried to lift myself up again, this time looking up to see what the cause of the weight was. The air suddenly turned burning hot and before me a flaming creature towered. It's eyes burning red, its teeth inches from my face. The creature suddenly reared up its head, clawing its talons down on my back causing a scream to force its way out of me. It's teeth suddenly came at me with fury.

I awoke in a cold sweat. The weight was gone, but my body was still warm. I looked down at the bare bed. I never used a blanket because the nights were never too cold. Perhaps the weather? It was then that I realized the air around me. It was unusually cold, especially for the sun being up already.
"Are you alright?" Saeron's voice startled me and put me in an edgy state. As if I wasn't already edge from the strange dream I'd had.
"Just a little cold is all." It was all I could share with him. He had no reason to know the dreams I had, the desires I held within me.
"I noticed." His voice had sincere concern in it, which made me look up in surprise. His voice had never reached this level of concern. Was I missing something? "It got unusually cold during the early early hour of the morning. I noticed you were shivering so I tried to warm you up."
"That was...you?" I managed out the last word. The weight I felt as I slept. The burning heat. The nightmare. It was him. He had been laying on me. I didn't know what else to say. I could get upset at him, but what would that do? Would it cause him to get angry with me? Would he hurt me? Or worse....
"I'm sorry," His voice calm with that same sincerity that made me look up in surprise again. "I didn't mean to intrude on your personal space. I only meant to keep you warm. I was afraid you'd get sick. I'm very sorry." His head hung low in apology.
"It's fine." My voice sounded forgiving though I wasn't sure how to feel. I had disliked him ever since I had come to the temple, but only because he kept me confined. Could he be a good person...erm...tiger? Perhaps I judged him to soon.
My thoughts were stuck on the fact that he kept me here against my will and the fact that I was now beginning to see who he truly was; kind and concerned for my well being. After much thought I decided it was best to allow him to prove himself. I wouldn't give into his act just yet, I needed further proof, but I was willing to give him a second chance.

I finished my breakfast and Saeron waltzed gracefully into the jungle as he always did each morning. I waited till his dark figure was no longer visible. I then quietly made my way out of the dining room and headed for the stable.Nara and Oris both neighed a greeting in my direction as they caught sight of me. I smiled warmly at both of them and quickly grabbed Nara's saddle, strapping it to her with little effort.
I had already tried what I was about to do a few times before, but never riding on Nara. This was the first time I felt comfortable with riding her at the speed I was about to go. I roughly lifted myself onto the saddle, kicking my legs over and hooking them in the stirrups. My fingers laced through and caught the ponies feathery hair. This gesture, along with the violent kicking blows to Nara's sides created an automatic signal to run as fast as she could.
Before I could even hold my breath the little creature sprung from under me and swiftly kicked to a quick gait. It wasn't long before the quick gait rapidly increased into a ferious run. My hair whipped behind me and I could barely see what was in from on me. I slightly pulled back on the reigns and my loyal companion slowly eased back into a quickened gait. I glanced behind me, not seeing the temple, and my heart suddenly began to race as I turned to face the front. I had made it passed the sight of the temple. Now all I had to do was make it out of the jungle and to the town.
My eyes darted in different directions as I tried to make sense of which way the town might be. I quickly decided it was probably best to head as fast as I could as far away from the temple as possible so that I could at least get away from Saeron. If he found me running off he would no doubt bring me back to the temple. One way or another.
I continued to search through the jungle. Now not only looking for my town, but any signs of Saeron as well. The jungle was think and lush which a very small line of sight. And at the speed I was going the scenery was barely visible. But I had to keep moving, I had to get far away.
Nara's gait suddenly stopped and her body began to rear up, her throat wailed with a hysteric whine. I reached for the reigns, but my hands fell short and my body quickly slid to the floor with an awful and very painful thump. I looked up at Nara, noticing her frantic feet moving in different directions, but not before I realized what had scared her.
The giant scaly creature, though not to tall in stature, was almost as big as Nara. It's eyes shot a glance at me and for a brief second I could see the dark crimson eyes. Nara completely forgot I was lying on the floor and nearly trampled me as she tried to escape. I quickly got out of the way just in time before her hooves bore into my skull and when I looked up I had another challenge waiting for me.
The large thick claws pulled the bumpy skinned lizard along the jungle floor. No, not lizard. This creature was to big to be a lizard. This had to be a dragon. The blue scales on around its eyes and tail glittered under the gleam of the sunlight. If I hadn't of been in danger I would have stood back to admire the beauty, but now as I stepped slowly away, the only thing I could think of was whether or not I would survive. The dragon made its way towards me, now going at an even faster pace, and I realized it would be useless to try to run away. If only Nara hadn't run away, then I could have escaped.
The dragons long tail snapped toward me and nearly missed me as I dodged the assault. I had no idea what it was trying to do, but I could tell it's tail was nothing I wanted be hit with. Just the wind carried by it alone nearly knocked me off my feet.
I dodged another attack, but this time the dragons head wheeled forward and its teeth nearly caught my arm. I backed up a few more inches, but the dragon only followed as fast as I could back up. I backed up again, but a tree quickly stopped me. I tried to make my way to the other side of the tree I now realized was extremely thick, but the tail came at me again. This time I had very little room to go. The end of it's tail scraped at my side and without thinking I let out a loud yell. The wound was deep, but not fatal. I would make it, but it hurt very bad. The dragons tongue stuck out to taste the atmosphere. It's eyes lit up, it liked what it tasted. I was done for.
I inched further toward the edge of the tree and my feet suddenly found space. I wheeled my body around the tree and stayed pinned for a second to catch my breath. A loud growl came from the back of the tree and the creatures head quickly appeared on my side of the tree. I nearly screamed but my throat was suddenly dry. I began stepping to the side, away from the dragon, my heart beating wildly, wondering how long before the creature got smart and rushed in for the kill. The sunless eyes focused on me and I knew my time was nearly up.
I held my breath and attempted to walk back as quickly as I could. The dragon followed and this time its feet pulled it's body a few more inches from the ground. It's claws dug viciously into the ground and it's walk...no, not it was running, with great enthusiasm. It's back legs gripped at the ground with full force and even my quick feet did little good to dodge the even quicker assault of the dragon rearing up to tackle me down to the floor. I flailed my appendages in a desperate attempt to get away, but I already knew it was only a matter of time. I was doomed and it was better to say my prayers and let the creature tear me to pieces. My heart pounded faster and faster in my chest, the red eyes looking down at me, anxious to take a bite. I closed my eyes in acceptance of what was to come, not even a glimmer of hope shone in the seconds I had left.
The dragon suddenly lifted from me and fell back violently into a near by tree. My body lay stiff with paralysis, but my eyes now shot open. The dragon's body lay on the ground beside the tree and a dark creature slashed it's claws violently in different directions, each shot aiming at the dragon, each blow sending bit and piece of its scales flying.
I suddenly lost all my numbness and sat up eyeing my hero. There was no way Saeron had found me all the way out in the middle of the jungle. How had he known I was in trouble?
Saeron's teeth sank into the now torn flesh and blood automatically poured out. The dragon let out a loud wail of agony; the last noise I heard before it's head sunk low and it's eyes glazed over. Saeron viciously tossed the pieces of dragon he had collect in his mouth and when he wheel around the damage was unbelievable. Entrails now hung out loosely from the dragons stomach, slimy and bloody, it's rib cage clearly visible and it's hard beating just beside its intestines on the floor. The whole area was a dirty, horrifying mess that my eyes could barely take in without getting sick to my stomach.
I almost feel back to the floor. The queasiness was just too much for me. Blood flowing from the organs and the body was not something I ever wanted to see in my life time.
"Are you alright?" I looked at him. Despite the piercing blue eyes which always kept my focus the only thing I could seem to look at was the blood stains around his mouth and chin. Bit's of entrails stuck to his fur and I just about lost control of my stomach. I feel back on the jungle floor, my eyes closed shut.
"What's wrong?" His voice echoed in my head. It was filled with concern and perhaps even desperation. Was he afraid I was hurt? Wait! I was hurt. The pain on my side was suddenly very noticeable and I quickly grabbed at it, trying to keep it from hurting. "I need to get you back as soon as possible."
"No," was all I could say. I would have been surprised if he could hear me. The word had barely come out audible as I winced under the pain. I felt his head nudging me onto his back and I reluctantly took a hold of his fur. I didn't want to go back, but I also didn't want to be left alone, wounded in the middle of no where. So I gave in to his wishes and my protector took me home.