Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ New Friends and New Enemies ❯ One By One ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

New Friends and New Enemies 3

One By One

Cye dove into the waters of Naruto and swam amongst his water friends. 'The Ancient told me I will find my spirit here,' he thought, 'now that I'm here I'm not sure what I'm supposed to do. I wonder if I'll see one of the sailor scouts here. Are we supposed to fight with them?'

Amy walked along the bridge over the waters of Naruto, took out her miniature computer and began to type. "Looks like I'm in the right spot," she said. "I wonder what I'm supposed to do. Is he even here now?"

She paused and looked in the water. "I should probably transform so I could scan the water. MERCURY POWER!"

She changed into the sailor scout of water and touched her earring to scan the water. "Okay, if he's in the water then I'll find him."

She scanned the water and her Virtual Reality scanner showed Cye of the Torrent swimming in the water. "There he is. I wonder what he's going to do in the water." Cye started to swim into the whirlpool like he did in her dream. "What is he crazy? He can't swim in there!"

Sekhmet, Siren and Red Torrent were standing off from the bridge watching Sailor Mercury.

"Sailor Mercury is on the bridge," said Siren to Sekhmet. "Shall we capture her now, Sekhmet?"

"Not yet," he said. "We'll play with her and Torrent very soon, right, Red Torrent?"

Red Torrent's eyes glowed red. Siren and Sekhmet laughed. Sekhmet lifted his hand and the sky turned dark as Talpa and Beryl's minions came soaring through the air on Talpa's boats.

Mercury's VR visor beeped and so did her mini computer. "What's this? It's getting dark." she clicked on her computer and saw Sekhmet, Siren and Red Torrent. "We're not alone," she mumbled, turning to see the three standing off by the shore. She looked up and saw Talpa and Beryl's henchmen. "It's an ambush! I've got to warn him!" She climbed up on the bridge, ready to dive in and paused. She may be an elite swimmer but she didn't know if she could take those strong currents. She has been swimming around the time she learned how to walk. She frowned and looked up. They were going to attack him and he could get hurt if she didn't warn him.

"Just jump in already, Mercury!" she shouted at herself and dove straight into the whirlpool, kicking her feet hard. The current was strong and fast. She thought she would be churning in the whirlpool forever. 'The current's too strong!' she thought nervously. 'I can't fight it!'

'Huh?' Cye thought as he saw Sailor Mercury swimming in the whirlpool, 'It's one of the sailor scouts. How did she get in here? She can't handle these currents. I've got to get her out of here!'

He took her by the hand and brought he rout of the strong current. Now able to swim right, Sailor Mercury motioned for him to follow her under the bridge for cover.

"What were you doing in the water?" he inquired. "Who are you?"

"My name is Sailor Mercury," she gasped.

"Cye of the Torrent," Cye said, "good to know who you are finally…but why were you in the whirlpool?"

"To warn you," she replied. "You're in trouble. The other sailor scouts are looking for the other Ronin Warriors as we speak. The Ancient told us we must join you."

"How do you know about the Ancient?" Cye asked in surprise.

"He came to us yesterday," she said quickly. "I don't know it all myself but we can't talk right now. We can talk later. There are three dangerous beings standing on the shore and more of them on those flying boats! We're outnumbered!"

"Dynasty soldiers!" he exclaimed. "I can fight them in the water. Stay here."

"But…" Sailor Mercury began.

Cye took in a deep breath and went back in the water to fight the dynasty soldiers.

"He can fight in the water," Sailor Mercury said, amazed. She took a breath and went in for a closer look, just in time to witness him call upon his battle armor.

"ARMOR OF TORRENT TAO SHIN!"

Once he was in his battle armor, Cye made a strong whirlpool to throw off the soldiers. He wrapped his arm around Sailor Mercury and jumped out of the water.

"Are you all right, love?" he asked.

"Yeah," she replied.

"Good of you to come, Torrent," said a voice.

"What?" Cye turned around and there sat someone wearing his armor; only it was red and black in color. "You're wearing my armor, mate!"

"There is only one torrent!" Red Torrent bellowed, swinging his weapon. Cye took Sailor Mercury and jumped to another flying boat.

"His weapons and armors look just like mine!" Cye exclaimed.

"Can you stop him?" Sailor Mercury asked.

"I can in the water," he answered. "Trust me," said Cye, jumping into the water, followed by Red Torrent.

Sailor Mercury gasped. "Did he just say what I think he said?"

Sekhmet and Siren watched from the shore. "Excellent. Red Torrent will pollute the sea with my poison."

The dynasty and Negaverse soldiers began to close in on Sailor Mercury. "Die, sailor scout!"

"You can't get me if you can't see me!" she yelled. "MERCURY BUBBLES BLAST!"

When her fog surrounded the creatures, she jumped in the water to check on Cye's progress. As she got closer to Cye and Red Torrent, she began to feel very weak.

'What's…happening…to me…?' she thought. Around her, fish began to float up to the surface. Cye noticed.

'He's releasing poison,' he thought. 'The fish and the sailor scout are dying. I've got to fight him on land instead or he'll pollute the sea.'

He swam to Sailor Mercury, grabbed her by the waist and jumped out of the water on the shore. "Are you all right?" he asked her.

"Leave the girl, Torrent," said Red Torrent. "You are a disgrace."

"Me?" Cye snapped. "You're the one polluting the water, mate!"

Cye and Red Torrent began to fight. Red Torrent laughed as he charged him. They hit their spears together as they rumbled. Cye was having a difficult time keeping him back.

"I am stronger than you, Torrent," Red Torrent bragged. "Give it up!"

"Never!"

They continued to fight. Sailor Mercury felt as if her skin was burning. She tried to open her eyes to see what was happening.

"He saved me from the water," she whispered to herself, "then I think I can trust him after all. I've got…got to help him…"

Siren smiled. "Sailor Mercury is too weak to help Cye."

"I think Red Torrent is ready to show Torrent his technique," Sekhmet said.

"Do you wish me to end your misery, Ronin?" Red Torrent demanded, drawing up his energy.

Cye gasped. "That's the super wave smasher!"

Sailor Mercury looked up. Her vision was blurred and her head was ringing. "Cye-look-look out, oh."

"SUPER WAVE SMASHER!"

Both Torrents performed their attack and Red Torrent overwhelmed Cye. All Sailor Mercury could do was lie on the sand and watch. 'I feel so weak,' she thought.

Cye fell on the ground and his spear was just a foot away from him. As he started to reach for his spear, Red Torrent walked to him and hit him over and over with his weapon.

"Stop," Sailor Mercury said with her hoarse voice, "stop it! Leave him alone!"

'This is bad,' Cye and Mercury thought.

Immediately, they both heard The Ancient speaking to them but they heard him say different things.

"Torrent, clear your mind," said The Ancient, "don't try to fight back now."

"You mean just let the water carry me like in that current? I hope you're right. I'll try to just think of nothing."

"Sailor Mercury," Ancient One told her, "the armor of torrent is powered by water. If Cye was to continue fighting in the sea, the water will be polluted. You can give Cye his power by using your own."

'That's right,' she thought, 'my sailor power is that of water. If I use my Mercury bubbles on Cye's armor, then he will get the energy to fight.'

Sailor Mercury and Cye slowly got to their feet. "Cye!" she called out. "Let my sailor power give you the energy to fight this evil!"

"What?" Cye looked to her.

"She is interfering!" Sekhmet hissed.

"I'll stop her, Sekhmet," Siren smiled, holding out her arms and sending long tentacles to Sailor Mercury.

"Watch out!" Cye shouted.

Sailor Mercury screamed she was swung around and slammed into the ground. Cye gasped. "Let her go!"

"SUPER WAVE SMASHER!"

Siren's laughter was cut short when Cye hit her with his wave smasher. Sailor Mercury fell down and she tried to push the tentacles off.

"Fool," Siren hissed.

"They're too strong," Sailor Mercury said. "I have a plan. They can't hurt us if they don't see us. I will use my mercury bubbles to create a fog. Get Red Torrent to hit you with his wave smasher right when I tell you and both of you will get her. I know your armor gets its power from the water so let the fog around you give you energy, all right?"

"Good thinking," said Cye.

"MERCURY BUBBLES BLAST!" The thick fog confused Siren and Red Torrent for a moment. Siren looked around.

"This is no time to play hide and seek, Mercury!" Siren exclaimed.

"Come out and fight, Torrent or are you too weak?" Red Torrent demanded.

"I see her," Sailor Mercury said, "she's in front of Red Torrent. MERCURY ICE BUBBLES FREEZE!"

"What?" Siren said. "No!"

Sailor Mercury's bubbles went up a stronger notch and they froze Siren right where she stood.

"Now, Cye!" Sailor Mercury yelled. "Absorb the water from my bubbles. MERCURY BUBBLES BLAST!"

"Do you think pathetic bubbles can strengthen that fake armor of torrent, sailor?" Red Torrent cackled.

Cye concentrated on his spirit and let his armor take in the bubbles as if his armor was a sponge. 'Weird,' he thought, 'I do feel stronger. I'm the only one getting power from the water-then that means-I can stop this fake!'

"SUPER WAVE SMASHER!"

"I see you now, Ronin," Red Torrent said, "SUPER WAVE SMASHER!"

Just as Siren broke out of the ice, she was overpowered by both super wave smahers. "Auughhh! No!"

"Didn't she listen to her own queen?" Sekhmet said. "Queen Beryl said Sailor Mercury was the most intellectual of the scouts."

Mercury's bubbles gave Cye the power to break Red Torrent apart, but his poison was released in the air.

"No, the poison will spread!" Cye shouted. "Sailor Mercury!"

"Got it!" Sailor Mercury exclaimed.

They sent their attacks of water to the poison and it sent attack on them. 'My armor can resist this poison,' he thought, 'but it can kill Sailor Mercury!' Cye held his arm in front of Sailor Mercury to protect her from the poison.

"Look out!" he yelled.

Sailor Mercury turned and shielded herself. 'He saved my life again,' she thought.

Though Cye was shielding Sailor Mercury from the poison, some of it still smacked into her. They screamed in pain as the poison deprived them of all their strength.

"You done well, Torrent and Sailor Mercury," Sekhmet said, walking from behind the tree. "Queen Beryl was right about you being smart, Mercury."

"W-who are you?" Sailor Mercury asked weakly.

"That's Sekhmet, the warlord of venom," Cye said. "I should---I should've known it was you all alone."

Cye and Sailor Mercury collapsed on the shore and Sekhmet laughed wickedly. "The first armor is back in the dynasty." He took Sailor Mercury and Cye by the heels and dragged them into the dynasty gate underwater.

--

Sekhmet presented the unconscious bodies of Sailor Mercury and Cye to Queen Beryl and Talpa.

"Cye of the Torrent, Master Talpa," Sekhmet said, "and Sailor Mercury, Queen Beryl."

"Well done, Sekhmet," Queen Beryl smiled. "Where is Siren?"

"Sailor Mercury came up with a plan to stop Red Torrent and Siren," he replied. "You were right about her being intelligent."

"Put Cye in the dungeon," Talpa ordered, "Sailor Mercury in the separate chamber for the sailor scouts."

"I will have Darien take her to the special chamber, Sekhmet," Queen Beryl said.

"Very well," he picked Cye over his shoulder and walked out.

"Prince Darien," Queen Beryl summoned, "make Sailor Mercury comfortable in the dungeons."

"Yes, Queen Beryl," Darien said, picking the small scout in his arms and walking out of the throne room.

Sailor Mercury was placed on a cold stone floor whereas Cye was hanging by his wrists in a different chamber of the dungeon floor.

"Don't worry, Mercury," Darien smiled. "Your friends will be here to keep you company very soon."

--

Talpa and Queen Beryl talked about their progress. "Who will you send next, my emperor?" she inquired.

"I will send my warlord of corruption," he replied. "Kale."

Kale appeared sitting in front of them in his battle armor of the jackal. "Yes, master?"

"I will send you to collect the next Ronin Warrior to my dynasty," he said.

"I shall do it, master," said Kale. "I will teach a lesson to the one they call Sage of the Halo."

"You will find Sailor Jupiter with him," Queen Beryl informed. "She is the strongest of the sailor soldiers physically."

"Ahh, why thank you, Queen Beryl," Kale nodded. "That will help me persuade her into joining our evil side of the Dynasty and Negaverse! I'll tell her she can become stronger once she joins us!"

"I'll let Elektra accompany you."

Another Doom and Gloom Girl with long curly brown hair; violet skin, indigo bikini and indigo markings on her legs stepped forward. She looked like a Sailor Jupiter gone badly.

"Elektra, assist Kale in capturing Sailor Jupiter and Sage of the Halo," Queen Beryl commanded.

"Yes, Queen Beryl," Elektra replied, nodding and she turned to Kale. "Are you ready, Kale, you jackal?"

"I am always ready for a fight," he replied.

--

Lita reached the pinnacles shortly after Sage. He was closer to the caves already working on finding his spirit. "I think the warrior of the armor Halo is close," she said. "All right. I just hope nothing happens to him."

She heard birds flying over her head and she stopped to look up.

"Huh? What's up with the birds? It's almost like they're flying from a predator," she whispered. "Could the Dynasty and the Negaverse be behind this? What if they're already here?"

A fawn came prancing by her through the forest, looking stricken with fear. She walked toward it to try to calm it down. "Hey, are you all right? What's going on here?" She tried stroking it to let it know she wasn't going to harm the creature but it ran off.

"Something isn't' right here," she said. "Something is scaring the animals. I wish Mercury was here so she could give me some kind of clue."

She heard a commotion outside the woods. Kale has reached Sage before Lita did.

"What the?" she said. "Sounds like a battle."

She ran into high gear toward the noise. She heard Kale talking to Sage, trying to persuade him into fighting and letting his armor take him over. A chain went around Sage's neck.

'No, it can't be,' he thought, 'I'm not part of the Dynasty!'

"Oh no," Lita muttered, "They've found him first! I've got to help him out. JUPITER POWER!"

Elektra sensed Sailor Jupiter in the trees. "Oh, Kale, seems like we have company."

"Do we?" he said. "Come out, Sailor Jupiter, I know you're there!"

"The Dynasty must be very weak to outnumber the warrior of Halo!" Sailor Jupiter exclaimed, jumping forward and throwing a Dynasty soldier over her head. Sage gasped.

'How did she know about my armor?' he thought.

"Thank you for joining us, Sailor Jupiter," Elektra said. "Now you and your friend will join us in the Dynasty and Negaverse!"

"I know you are the strongest of the sailor scouts," Kale said, "Come and join us."

"Never! SUPREME THUNDER CRUSH!"

Her attacks blows the dynasty soldiers apart but Kale and Elektra remain standing. "What power you have, sailor. It can only get stronger in the Dynasty."

Sage removed his battle armor so he was in his sub armor. He took Sailor Jupiter by the hand. "Come with me," he said.

"But-aren't' we going to fight them?" Sailor Jupiter inquired.

"Not yet," he hissed and he jumped up on a tree branch.

Sailor Jupiter looked back at Kale and Elektra, "the sailor scouts are joining the Ronin Warriors. We will beat you. You might as well give up now!" With that, she followed Sage.

"They're getting away, Kale," said Elektra, "should we follow them?"

"Not yet," Kale said with a grin. "Did you hear what Jupiter said when Sage told her to follow him? It seems that Sailor Jupiter would rather fight than anything else. This will be easier than I thought! Hahaha!

--

"Why did you tell me to follow you?" Jupiter asked him. "We could've handled those guys!"

"I need to know who you are," Sage said. "How did you know about my armor? How did you know how to find me?"

"I had a dream about you," she replied. "You and this place here. I knew you would be coming here to train your spirit. My friends had dreams about the other Ronin warriors and they're searching for them right now. The Ancient One talked to us after we fought with those tin heads. He told us that for us to stop the Negaverse and Dynasty that we must join forces too. I'm Sailor Jupiter-the scout of thunder, lightning and protection."

"You're here to help us, then," said Sage.

"That's right," Jupiter nodded. "So why don't' you say we get read of those guys back there?"

"Not yet," Sage told her.

"Huh? Why not?"

"Not the right approach."

"There's nothing like the direct approach, Sailor Jupiter," he said. "The Ancient came to me and the other guys in a dream too. We're supposed to train our spirits before we fight the dynasty-but I don't know what that means yet. I need to meditate for a while."

"Well, all right," Sailor Jupiter sighed. "I'll watch your back while you do that."

"Thanks," he said. He went to a waterfall and sat down to do some thinking. Sailor Jupiter looked around, waiting for any sign from Kale.

"Hey, are you done meditating yet?" she asked.

--

Elektra and Kale stood within the caves. "Your plan seems to be working accordingly, Kale," she said.

"You cannot hide, Halo," said Kale. "Both our hearts are as cold and dark as this world will soon be!"

He made the area outside the caves into a winter nightmare. Chunks of ice started to fall from the sky, the wind was blowing and the peaceful forest became blanketed in snow.

"What the?" Sailor Jupiter gasped. "Ice and snow-no!" she turned around and ran toward Sage. "Sage! Quick, get out of the water!"

Sage got up but the waterfall froze instantly. His eyes had a look of fear and shock. Sailor Jupiter started to hit the ice.

"Don't worry, Sage, I'll get you out of there!" She hit the ice with all her strength but it didn't budge.

"Go ahead and try, Sailor Jupiter," said Kale, appearing behind her. "My power has him imprisoned. If you and Sage join us then I will set him free."

"No way!" Sailor Jupiter growled. "I'm not buying it."

Kale took out his sword. "BLACK LIGHTNING SLASH!"

The dark energy from his sword made the birds turn into ice and fall dead to the ground. The trees were ripped from their roots and animals of every kind were frozen.

"Why you!" Sailor Jupiter hissed. "You jackal! I'll teach you for attacking harmless animals! JUPITER THUNDER CRUSH!"

Her attack went right through him and Kale threw his head back in maniacal laughter. "Only the strong shall survive. The weak have no place within this world. You know what I mean, don't you Jupiter? You are the strongest of sailor scouts. You live to fight. That's good enough for the dynasty."

"I only fight to protect people from psychos like you!" Sailor Jupiter shouted, throwing a punch at him and he disappeared, laughing.

"You cannot hide from it, Sailor Jupiter." Kale's voice said.

"Beat it!" Sailor Jupiter yelled. "The Ronin Warriors and the Sailor Soldiers will defeat you!"

"Do you really think so?" he demanded with a laugh. "You have no armor like the Ronin Warriors. What makes you think you can stop us? Sage's armor comes from the dynasty. He belongs to us."

"Like hell!" she hissed. "I don't see Talpa's name on it anywhere! The Sailor Soldiers will never give up. There is nothing you can say or do to make us stop! Nothing!"

Kale's laughing echoed ff the mountains. Sailor Jupiter turned back to Sage frozen in the waterfall and continued to punch the ice in her efforts to set him free.

'The Sailor Scouts are really on our side,' Sage thought. 'If we fight together, we can defeat this evil! Mind, skill, spirit, that is what the Ancient taught me. My armor may come from Dynasty power but I don't have to give into them. As long as I have my spirit I can withstand whatever the Dynasty throws at me and that also goes with the Negaverse!" Sage's body glowed green and Sailor Jupiter stepped back away from the frozen waterfall.

"Sage?"

The ice cracked and Sage jumped out of it next to Sailor Jupiter. They surveyed the destruction of the forest around them.

"This is terrible," Sailor Jupiter mumbled. "Attacking poor defenseless creatures. I'm going to teach him a lesson!"

"I know where he is," Sage said. "Kale, you're mine!"

He ran in the direction of the caves.

"Hey, wait for me!" Sailor Jupiter called, running after him.

--

They entered the mouth of the caves. Sage kept his eyes open for an ambush. "I feel like we're walking right into a trap," he said.

Speaking of which, dynasty soldiers jumped in front of them.

"Get out of my way!" Sailor Jupiter hissed, throwing one over her shoulder as Sage kicked one in the ribs.

Sage slide down the wall of the caves and Sailor Jupiter followed suit. Sailor Jupiter gasped when they came to see a group of frozen deer.

"Oh no," she said.

"That is sick," Sage muttered.

Kale and Elektra laughed. "What's the matter, Sage?" Kale demanded. "You don't like the welcoming present I left you and your friend?"

"Your helmet must be on too tight!" Sage shouted, pointing up at him. "Why would I like you torturing animals?"

"We're going to get you for this!" Sailor Jupiter added.

"Oooh, tough talk, Sailor Jupiter," Elektra said. "Let's see if you can back it up with that strength of yours. Kale and I are anxious to see how powerful you are."

"Huh?" Sailor Jupiter gasped.

"Show them, Kale," said Elektra.

"I'm going to force you to kill the creatures you wish to protect!" Kale shouted. "BRING THE DEAD TO LIFE!"

With a motion of his sword, the deer's eyes glowed red and they got to their feet.

"Get them, my gentle beasts!" said Kale.

The deer got up and advanced to Sailor Jupiter and Sage.

"I'm not going to fight them, Kale!" said Sage.

"Can you say the same for your friend?" Elektra inquired. "Come on, Sailor Jupiter. You can break their legs. It would be so easy with your strength."

"I want to break your legs!" Sailor Jupiter hissed, dodging the ramming deer.

Sage and Sailor Jupiter jumped, turned and dodged to prevent from getting hurt. Neither of them had the desire to attack the animals.

"What is wrong with you, Jupiter?" Elektra demanded. "Why don't you fight?"

"You're the real animals here!" Sailor Jupiter shouted.

"Sage, you disappoint me!" Kale took out his sword and thrust it into the ground. Sage, Sailor Jupiter and the deer were lifted up in his dark energy. They screamed in anguish and fell to the hard cave floor.

"You don't have the brains to stop us, Jupiter, only the brawn." Elektra grinned. "Come on and show us what you've got!"

"You want a fight then you got it!" Sailor Jupiter groaned, getting to her feet.

"Your friends will think you are worthless if you don't fight," Kale said.

"What are you talking about?" Sage demanded.

"Oh, you don't know, do you?" Elektra asked with a sly smile.

"Know what?" said Sailor Jupiter.

"We already have a sailor scout and a Ronin warrior in our possession," Kale replied. "Cye of the Torrent and Sailor Mercury!"

"Cye!" Sage gasped.

"Mercury!" Jupiter shouted.

"If Mercury was here she could help you find a way out with her brains but she's not here so you're going to have to rely on your strength!" Elektra cackled.

"You want a fight, you got it!" Sailor Jupiter yelled. "I'll bring this whole cave down. This is for Mercury! JUPITER THUNDER CRUSH!"

Elektra laughed as she dodged her attack and Kale absorbed the lightning with his sword.

"What?" Sailor Jupiter asked. "How in the?"

"Kale absorbs the light," Sage answered for her. "He's the demon of darkness!"

"You're done for, Sage!" Kale yelled.

"Not yet!" Sage shouted. "ARMOR OF HALO, TAO CHI!"

Sailor Jupiter turned to Sage and gasped in awe, as he was clad in his battle armor of the halo. "Wow," she breathed.

"Hey, Jupiter," said Elektra from the shadows. "Someone here who would like a chat with you."

"Who?" Sailor Jupiter demanded, turning. "Mercury!"

Mercury was hanging on the far cave wall. She was badly hurt and unconscious. Elektra had seemed to disappear. "You did this to her! I'll kill you for this! Hold on, Sailor Mercury!" Sailor Jupiter ran toward who she thought was Mercury.

"Where did that monster from the Negaverse go?" Sage wondered aloud as he looked closer to his sword. "Wait a minute." He gasped when he saw the Elektra in his sword. "Hey, wait! That's not your friend! It's a trick!"

Vines shot out of the fake Sailor Mercury's chest and tightened around Sailor Jupiter's body. Elektra showed her real self.

"You fell right into my trap, fool!" Elektra cackled.

"You'd like to think so, would you?" Sailor Jupiter winced. "I have a trick up my sleeve too! JUPITER THUNDER CRUSH!"

Elektra screamed as her body was being electrocuted. "What-what is that energy?"

"Stop, you'll use up your energy!" Sage shouted. 'I've got to get her out of there before she kills herself!'

He brought up his sword, jumped and cut the tentacles with one swipe of his sword. Jupiter's lightning took care of Elektra as if she fell on a live wire and Sage wrapped her around the waist and landed on the ground.

"Sailor Jupiter?" he said.

"I'm okay," she winced, trying to sit up.

"Wonderful heroics, Sage," Kale said "Can you save yourself too?"

"Kale-I'll get you!" he shouted.

"BLACK LIGHTNING SLASH!"

"Sage, watch out!" Sailor Jupiter warned.

Sage blocked each dark lightning blast with his sword and raised it over his head. "THUNDER BOLT CUT!"

The warlord of darkness and the warrior of light were taken out of the caves onto the surface. Sailor Jupiter winced stood unsteadily to her feet. "Sage!"

She looked up and saw a hole in the ground. Kale and Sage were talking outside. A dynasty gate was standing there behind Sage, ready to welcome him to the Netherworld.

"You are too late, Sage," he said. "The Dynasty has already come for you. You have become a Dynasty Warrior." He sighed and collapsed on the ground.

Sailor Jupiter climbed up the wall and crawled out of the hole. Sage was staring at the Dynasty Gate.

"A little help here, please?" she mumbled. "Hello? Sage?" Worn out from taking her weak body out of the hole, she fell to her knees. She spotted Kale on the ground and crawled over to him to remove his helmet. "Wait a second, Kale's a man."

"A man corrupted by darkness," Sage said slowly, "and unless I do something then I will become just like him!"

"What are you saying?" Jupiter inquired.

Sage turned, knelt down and removed his armor so it sat in front of him. He stood up. "My armor came from Talpa's body. It's what he wants. I have to destroy it before he can get his hands on it. I must."

"Sage, no!" she cried. "You can't do that. You're the warrior of light. So what if it came from Talpa's body!"

"I have no other choice," Sage insisted. He brought his sword up and jumped. "Goodbye, armor of Halo!"

"No!" Sailor Jupiter yelled, trying to get to her feet but she was too weak to do so. "Oh, I'm so weak…"

Sage cut his beloved armor of the halo in half and stepped back, eye twitching with sorrow. Sailor Jupiter watched with sympathetic pain.

"Oh, Sage," she mumbled. "I'm sorry…"

Sage's sword began to glow. Sage gasped and looked at it. "What? The light's coming back to my sword."

"It is?" Sailor Jupiter crawled closer to him. Sage took her hand and helped her to her feet. "What does that mean, Sage?"

The cut from Sage's sword disappeared and the armor of halo came back together.

"This can't be evil," Sage whispered. He stared as his armor and sword and it dawned on him. "My real power doesn't come from my armor, but it comes from my spirit. That's what the ancient meant. I understand now, Ancient! I understand!"

The frozen birds and animals were revived to their real state and the snow disappeared. Sailor Jupiter smiled.

"Sage, look!" she pointed to the forest. "The forest is going back!"

"Excellent, Sage of the Halo," Talpa's voice rang through the forest and the gate opened.

"Huh?" Sailor Jupiter said.

"It was foolish of you to remove your armor," said Talpa. "Now you are mine!"

"Think again!" Sailor Jupiter shouted.

Talpa's energy shot at Sailor Jupiter and Sage, preventing them from moving. Sage's armor was dragged to his body again and the second Ronin Warrior and Sailor Scout were taken to Queen Beryl and Talpa's world.

--

"Wonderful," Talpa said as Kale pushed Sailor Jupiter and Sage down to their knees. "The second armor is back in my possession."

"You don't control me, Talpa!" Sage snapped.

"The same goes with me," Sailor Jupiter hissed at Queen Beryl.

"Prince Darien," said Queen Beryl, "takes Jupiter to the dungeons. Sailor Mercury must be lonely there."

"Darien?" Sailor Jupiter said as Prince Darien walked to her and pulled her up to her feet.

"Let's go, Jupiter," he muttered.

"You know him?" Sage asked.

"He used to be a friend of ours," she told him, glaring at Prince Darien.

Kale and Darien walked out of the throne room to the dungeons and they took separate directions. Kale went left and Darien took the right.

"Hey, where are you taking Sage?" Sailor Jupiter demanded Kale.

"To where Cye is waiting for him, of course," Kale grinned.

"I'll be okay," Sage called to her. "Don't worry about me."

"Sage, the others will come for us!" Sailor Jupiter cried as Darien pulled her down the hall. "Don't worry, the sailor scouts are on your side. Don't worry!"

"That's enough, Jupiter," Darien said sharply, squeezing her arms.

"Ahh, not so hard, Darien! Traitor!"

Dais hung upside down from the ceiling. "So you've caught Halo, Kale."

"Aren't you going to capture a Ronin for Talpa?" Kale demanded.

"Oh, I'm already making a plan to capture Kento of Hardrock," Dais answered.

"Kento!" Sage exclaimed.

"Hey, that's the Ronin Warrior Sailor Venus went looking for!" Sailor Jupiter shouted.

"They'll be here to keep you company soon," Darien told her. "Quite a party this will be once all the scouts and ronins are together in the dungeons!"

"Talpa is waiting for you, Dais," said Kale.

"Very well," he said.

Dais disappeared.

Darien pushed her down the hall, opened a stonewall to reveal a small enclosed area that would make even the slightest claustrophobic person go crazy. The walls were dripping and the ceiling hung low. He pushed her in and closed the wall.

"Hey!" Sailor Jupiter turned around and started to bang on it.

Hearing a moan behind her, she turned and found Sailor Mercury lying on the ground. "Mercury!"

Sailor Jupiter had to duck to keep her head from hitting the low hanging ceiling. She fell to her knees and shook her.

"Sailor Mercury, are you all right?" she asked. "Mercury?"

Sailor Mercury blinked, "Sailor Jupiter, is that you?"

"Yeah. They caught a hold of me too. They took Sage somewhere else. Let's get the heck out of here."

"I can't," Sailor Mercury winced. "I'm so weak. A warlord of venom attacked Cye and me. I feel like my body's on fire. I don't know if Cye's all right. I hope he is."

"We're going to be all right, Sailor Mercury. We'll think of something." She turned to the wall. "JUPITER THUNDER CRUSH!"

Her thunder attack did nothing. She tried again at least five times, in different spots but nothing worked.

"Sailor Jupiter, no," Mercury tried to push herself up. "You'll waste your strength and energy…not to mention your breath. I can hardly breath in here."

"No kidding," Sailor Jupiter gasped, falling to her knees. "But there's got to be a way out of here. Use your computer."

Sailor Mercury turned on her visor and took out her computer but as she started to make calculations, she fell back to asleep. Sailor Jupiter went into unconsciousness right after.

--

Cye wearily opened his eyes. "Where am I?" He found himself hanging by his wrists in some kind of dungeon. "I'm in Talpa's castle! I wonder where Sailor Mercury is…Sailor Mercury? Sailor Mercury!"

Kale came in the dungeons with Sage. Cye gasped.

"Sage!"

"Cye, are you all right?" he asked.

"Yeah, I think so," he answered as Kale chained him up in the compartment next to Cye.

"Don't make yourselves too comfortable," Kale muttered as he walked off.

"They got Sailor Jupiter," said Sage.

"Why would they want the sailor scouts for?" Cye asked. "They don't have any armors for Talpa."

"They're Beryl's enemies," Sage answered. "She must have some reason for imprisoning them all. I bet they have something she wants. Sailor Mercury and Sailor Jupiter are in a different dungeon."

"Who are they going to go after next?" Cye inquired.

"We ran into Dais earlier," Sage replied. "He's going after Kento."

"Knowing Kento he'll fall right into Dais' trap," Cye groaned.

"Let's believe he can stop him," said Sage. "We've got too."

--

"Dais, my warlords Kale and Sekhmet have brought me Cye of the Torrent and Sage of Halo," Talpa began.

"And the pesky scouts with them," Queen Beryl added.

"Do tell me you have a plan to capture the next Ronin Warrior and Sailor Soldier," said Talpa.

"I do, Master Talpa." Dais said. "I'm going to add Kento of Hardrock to your collection. I ask that you allow me to bring the Sand Strikers with me."

"So bet it," Talpa replied.

"The sailor soldier with Sage said that Sailor Venus will be with Kento of Hardrock," Dais said. "Can you tell me what her weaknesses are, Queen Beryl?"

"It may help to know she is not he same as the sailor scouts already in the dungeons," she answered. "Sailor Mercury is the brains and Jupiter is the brawn of the team and we already have them in our possession. However, Sailor Venus was the first sailor soldier and she has more fighting experience. Use caution. She can be overly ambitious. Use that to your advantage, Dais."

"I will, my Queen."

"In addition of the Sand Strikers I will send another of my Doom and Gloom Girls," Queen Beryl said. "Like you, my Doom and Gloom Girls can cast illusion."

"One good illusion deserves another," Dais added.

"Not only that, but my Doom and Gloom Girls can read minds. Scarletta."

"Yes, Queen Beryl?" The third Gloom and Doom Girl walked out of the shadows and tossed her long wavy silvery blond hair. She had orange-red skin and a red bikini with markings to match. She looked like an evil version of Sailor Venus.

"Accompany Dais to get Sailor Venus and Kento of Hardrock," she ordered.

"As you wish."

"One by one, Talpa," Queen Beryl said, "we will have the Sailor Scouts and Ronin Warriors here!"

--

Mina sighed and breathed in the fresh air while standing on same ship Kento was on. He was standing on the opposite side. For the moment, neither of them knew they were there.

'I wonder if the Kento I saw in the café was the same Kento with the armor,' she thought, looking at the water. 'Could he be on his way to Mt. Daitseu right now? What if he's already there and I miss him? If he were on the boat right now, would it be the right thing for me to tell him who I really am? What if he's a real jerk? I don't want to get my heart broken like last time but then again-he might be a real funny guy.'

On the other side of the boat, Kento was doing some thinking. 'Those words of the Ancient from my dream… What did they mean? I must be wigging out. The Ancient's dead and I'm seeing him in my sleep. I wonder if I'll see a sailor scout over there. Are they on our side? I hope so, because I can't get them out of my head. They're all really cute.'

Kento turned around and saw the back of Mina. "Whoa, it's that girl from the café!" he exclaimed. "What is she doing here?"

Mina's long blond hair waved in the wind and she turned around. Kento felt warmth in his cheeks.

'Wow, what a looker!' he thought.

'No way, it's the same guy from the diner!' she thought. 'What's he doing here? Is he on his way to Mt. Daitseu?'

'Oh be cool, Kento,' Kento told himself silently. 'Be cool. Just say hi to her or something.'

Mina smiled and walked to Kento. "Hello. My name's Mina."

"Mine's Kento."

"I thought so," she said. "I saw you in the diner the other day, remember? With my friends?"

"Yeah, you're not spying on me, are you?"

"Where'd you get that idea?" she asked. "I'm just here for a cruise. What about you?"

"Yeah, me too," said Kento. "I like cruises." He put his arms behind his head, leaned back, but a little too far and almost fell over the edge. "Augh!"

"You're a funny guy," Mina giggled. "Talk to you later." She winked at him and walked off.

Kento blushed and grinned, 'oh yeah, she wants me…'

--

After riding on the ship, Kento and Mina went to a train for the rest of the trip. Mina saw him looking out the window from her seat a couple of seats behind her.

'Now he's on the train,' she thought. 'What if he really is a Ronin Warrior?'

'Now that I've had a bit to eat,' thought Kento, 'I think I'll have a little nap.'

Kento fell asleep and he dreamed about the Ancient again. "Kento of Hardrock, you have certainly become stronger. But power against power will cause mutual destruction. Your spirit. If you work on your spirit, you will be able to see what is not there."

Kento opened his eyes. "See what is not there?" he asked himself. "How do I that? I have a feeling this trip will be more than just a vacation."

Scarletta and Dais stood watching the train. "Just as I expected, they're on their way to Mt. Daitseu."

"Nothing will prepare them for the trap we have in mind for them, Dais," Scarletta smiled.

Mina closed her eyes and fell asleep and missed Kento getting off at his stop. As Kento walked by the sleeping Mina, he paused.

'Hey, its that girl again,' he thought. 'Where is she headed?'

He shrugged this off and got off the train. The train got moving again and Mina turned in her sleep. She didn't know that Kento was walking right into a trap. She woke up a minute after he got off the train and she looked to see if he was there.

"Kento's gone," she said. "Looks like I've missed him. Maybe he wasn't a Ronin after all."

The train continued closer to Mt. Daitseu and when she got off, she hailed a taxicab.

"Mt. Daitseu National Park, huh?" the driver asked while driving up the mountain.

"Yeah," Mina replied. "I heard about a throne of the god's being up there."

"It's a legend I tell my family," the driver said.

When they got close enough to the mountain, Mina got out. "Thank you," she said. "I'll just be a while. You don't need to wait for me."

"You're going to try to climb up that mountain?" he asked, scratching his head.

"Yeah, I have a friend waiting for me there," she answered.

"Well, all right then, good luck, kid," the driver said and he backed out down to civilization were it was safer. When the cab was out of sight, Mina chose it was time for her to transform.

"VENUS POWER!"

After transforming, Sailor Venus jumped the rocks and climbed up the mountain. "Wow, sure it beautiful over here. Now where is that guy?" she looked around and saw the humongous rock from her dream. "Hey, it's the rock from my dream!" she ran to it and peaked inside the large crack. "Hello!"

Kento of Hardrock, however, was not there. She ran her hand over the crack.

"He's been set free already," she said to herself. "Right…he was here once before in suspended animation and the others had to find him. But I know he's got to be here somewhere. Where can he be?"

What Sailor Venus did not know, Kento was having it out Dais, Scarletta and the Sand Strikers all on his own in a construction site.

--

Back at Mia's place, Yuli and Mia talked about the guys' absence. "The guys have been gone for a while, don't you think so, Mia?" Yuli asked.

"Don't worry. I'm sure they'll all right." She insisted. "They just need to recharge their armors."

"I'm worried about Kento though," said Yuli.

"I'm sure he'll be back as strong as ever," Mia said. "And I bet as hungry too."

"Yeah," said Yuli.

The wind came through the window and knocked the hourglass off the desk, breaking it. Yuli stared at it. "It's…it's just the wind."

"I wonder what's going on out there," Mia whispered.

Yuli cleaned up the mess and threw the broken hourglass in the wastebasket. He saw Mia's college yearbook and curious, pulled it out of the bookcase and went back to the desk to look it over.

"This is from your school, Mia?" Yuli asked.

"Yeah," she said, walking to him and looking at it over his shoulder. "I had a lot of fun over there."

"That's where you learned about the Ronin Warriors?"

"Well, my grandfather told me about them," she insisted.

"Mia, do you remember anything from the scouts?" Yuli inquired.

"I don't know," she answered. "I don't remember studying about them."

He turned a page and Mia gasped when her eyes fell on a familiar classmate's autograph. Mia, remember, myths will always remain to be myths unless you believe in them, and then they will become legends and later truth. Believe in the myths, Mia and anything will be possible. Constance

"What's wrong, Mia?"

"Constance," she whispered, she put her finger down at Constance's words. "I know her!" She flipped to Constance's picture, a girl with short red hair and green eyes. "I remember now…she told me about the Sailor Scouts!" Mia closed her eyes and thought back to the time Constance told her about it.

--

After her night classes, Mia walked out of Shinguku collage to go home and she heard someone fussing. "Oh no, stupid bike is flat again!"

"Constance, what's the matter?" Mia asked, walking over to the bike rack. Constance was sitting down at her bike, examining her front tire.

"Stupid tire's flat," she muttered. "Just great."

"You need a ride home?" Mia offered.

"You mean it?" Constance asked.

"It's no bother," Mia said. "Hop in. You can put your bike in the back."

"Gee, thanks, Mia!" Constance lifted her bike and pushed it in the backseat and hopped in the passenger seat. "Not a problem," Mia replied. "I don't like to walk around this late at night."

"Oh, I dunno, it is really pretty at night sometimes," Constance said, looking out the window. "Wow, look at the moon, Mia!"

"Sure is beautiful," Mia agreed.

"I wonder if she can see us from up there," said Constance.

"Who?"

"Queen Serenity, of course, who else?"

"Who's Queen Serenity?" Mia raised an eyebrow.

"You don't know about Queen Serenity?" Constance turned in her seat. "Goodness, Mia, I thought you of all people would know about the legend of the Moon Kingdom!"

"The what?"

Constance laughed and shook her head. "You mean you never heard about it? Your grandfather never told you?"

Mia shook her head. "Sorry, no. He told me mostly about the Ronin Warriors."

"I can't believe this," Constance said.

"Well, why don't you tell me?" Mia inquired.

"It happened a thousand years ago," Constance began, "around the same time that bad guy came to Earth."

"Talpa."

"Whatever. Anyway, there is a great kingdom on the moon where a fair ruler named Queen Serenity lived. She had a daughter named Princess Serena and she was raising her to follow in her footsteps. The kingdom was always living in peace."

"Who was Princess Serena's father?" Mia asked, eyes still on the road.

"Good question," Constance replied, shrugging. "No one knows. He didn't live with them on the Moon. My guess he was a man from Earth. Well, after many years of peace, Queen Beryl became a threat."

Mia noticed the anger in Constance's eyes. She looked as if she was reliving the whole thing.

"Queen Beryl launched an attack on the Moon Kingdom, destroying everything. She killed Princess Serena's court, the Sailor Scouts. There was nothing anyone could do. Queen Beryl is from the Negaverse, you see. It's a very evil place, like the Netherrealm you told me about. Not even Prince Darien from Earth could stop Queen Beryl. After Queen Beryl killed the people of the moon, Queen Serenity fought against her and sealed everyone within the Silver Imperium Crystal and sent everyone to a new future on Earth so they will have another chance and incase Queen Beryl was to rise again, the Sailor Scouts will fight Queen Beryl and those from her Evil Negaverse."

"Sounds like a good myth," Mia said.

"Myth?" Constance demanded, "What do you mean myth? Are the Ronin Warriors just a myth to you, Mia Koji?"

"What?" Mia inquired.

"It's not just a myth," Constance spat. "I believe in it. It's a legend. I know it for a fact. The Sailor Scouts are out there someday, living the lives as ordinary people. Then they become the champions of love and justice when evil decides to take over the Earth."

"I'm sorry, Constance," Mia said softly. "I didn't mean anything by it. I believe you."

"Really?"

"Yeah-it's nice to believe that someone can actually live up there on the moon."

"See, I don't know what it is with the world, Mia," Constance said, "Why they don't believe in these legends. Don't' they know if you believe in a myth, it makes it seem almost real? Believing in a myth makes it a legend. I know for a fact that the legend about the Moon Kingdom is true." Constance closed her eyes and smiled as if she were really there. "When I close my eyes and I dream…I can picture it. I can picture the many parties in the palace, the Moon Princess with her prince, the sailor scouts, the great battle between the Moon Kingdom and he Negaverse." She opened her eyes. "I like to think that I was really a child from the moon. It could be possible. It was a large kingdom and I can picture it so clearly in my mind. I get these feeling every time I look at the moon. What do you think, Mia?"

Mia smiled. "I like to think that anything is possible."

Constance laughed and looked out the window again. "Maybe I'll get to meet the Moon Princess someday. Then I'll know for sure if I was on the Moon Kingdom or not."

"Why don't you become an astronaut?" Mia suggested. "You can go to the moon and get some clues."

"Sounds like a good idea," Constance nodded. "I think I'll do that."

Mia stopped at Constance's home and helped her take out the bike. "Here you are, Constance. See you at class tomorrow."

"Again, thanks for the ride, Mia," Constance smiled. "Remember what I said, okay?"

Mia nodded and watched Constance walk off and for a split second, she saw Constance walking instead of modern day street clothes, a fancy medieval gown. Could Constance really be a child of the Moon Kingdom?

--

"I remember now, Yuli!" Mia exclaimed. "My friend Constance was the one who told me about the Moon Kingdom!"

"Really, Mia?" he inquired.

"Yes. She told me about the battle between the Moon Kingdom and Negaverse, Queen Serenity, Queen Beryl and the Sailor Scouts." She said excitedly. "She stopped taking mythology class and went to Astronomy school to become an astronaut. Constance, you were right, the Sailor Scouts are real!"

--

Sailor Venus did some walking and found herself in a barren forest. The trees, once green and lush, were now leafless and the branches were brittle as if they've been petrified. The grass and flowers became stone.

"What the?" she asked. "What happened here?"

She gasped and saw Kento in his subarmor. "Hey! You!"

"Huh?" Kento turned and saw Sailor Venus waving at him. "A Sailor Scout."

Sailor Venus ran to him. "You're the same guy from the restaurant, and the ship aren't you? And you're a Ronin warrior too!"

"Well, yeah, I'm Kento of Hardrock," Kento said. "Hey, you're that same blond girl who was following. I saw you at the café, and the ship and again on the train. Okay, blondie, are you following me?"

"Huh? What the? Oh dang it…I accidentally let it slip that I'm a Sailor Scout too," Sailor Venus said, "but I guess you'd find out sooner or later."

"Why were you following me?" Kento demanded.

"I've come to help you," she answered. "The Ancient told the sailor scouts to go looking for you and the rest of the Ronin Warriors."

"You know about the Ancient?"

"Yeah. We're on your side, Kento."

"Are you really?"

"Of course I am," Sailor Venus smiled. "Talpa has joined with our enemy Queen Beryl. We have to work together if we want to stop them both."

"This is too weird," Kento put his hand on a branch and it broke in his hand. "What the? This tree's been petrified."

"What's going on with this place?" Sailor Venus inquired. "Something is definitely wrong."

"I bet Dais did this," Kento said.

"Who?"

"Like it?" Dais asked, hanging from a tree branch.

"I don't!" Kento snapped.

"Oh good, the Sailor Scout has decided to join you this time," Scarletta grinned, sitting on the branch Dais was hanging from. "Someone for me to play with!"

"A Negaverse monster!" Sailor Venus exclaimed.

"Did you and your stupid sand goons do this, demon?" Kento demanded.

Dais swung off the branch. "Of course!"

"Look out!" Kento pushed Sailor Venus out of the way to rumble with Dais. "I ain't that easy!"

"You are but don't know it yet," Dais said. "Your armor is best on this mountain so why don't you let loose your fury and end this game!"

"You asked for it and I'm going to give it to ya!"

Sailor Venus watched closely as Kento claimed his armor. 'Wow, that's so cool!'

"ARMOR OF HARDROCK, TAO GI!"

"Nice armor," Sailor Venus said.

"Just wait until you see what I can do with it," Kento said with a wink. "I'm going to make this guy eat concrete!"

"I told you before," said Dais, "the more you fight the more your armor aligns with the dynasty. Remember that, Hardrock?"

"Open wide, because I'm going to make you eat your words!" He spun his staff and he fought with Dais. Sailor Venus took cover while Scarletta admired Dais' fighting abilities from the tree branch.

"You are good fighters," she said, "you can become even better in Talpa's dynasty!"

"I did not become a sailor scout to join the evil forces, but to stop them!" Sailor Venus exclaimed.

"Come now, Venus, I know of your ambitious mind and heart," said Scarletta. "You wish to become an idol and have everyone grovel at your feet. That can be an arranged in the dynasty!"

"How can you…how can you read my mind?" Sailor Venus inquired.

"The Negaverse sees and knows everything, Sailor Venus, you and your sailor brat friends should have learned that a millennium ago!"

Dais jumped away and stood on the broken top of a tree.

"Running away, Dais?" Kento demanded.

"I am not running," he retorted. "I am only watching from another advantage point."

"Sounds like you've got it all figured out."

"The web is stronger than you," said Dais. "The more you struggle the more entangled you'll become!"

"Whatever!" He took his three sectioned staff. "IRON ROCK CRUSHER!"

"Come to me, my sand troopers," Dais called and the Sand Strikers, in their form of sand, swirled around Dais and absorbed his attack.

"The sand strikers feed off your destruction. You can tear this world up and you still will never win!"

"I don't care!" He repeated his attack and all the trees are gone, even Sailor Venus. "Huh? What happened? It's all gone? Sailor Venus, where did you go?"

Dais laughed. "Looking for someone, Hardrock?" He had Sailor Venus by the arms.

"Let me go!" she shouted.

Sailor Venus was not the only missing party. Scarletta was also gone and she was Sailor Venus in disguise.

"Sailor Venus!" Kento cried. "Let her go right now, Dais!"

"Look what you did to this place," he went on. "This is your doing. You even hurt your friend in the process. I had to save her myself."

"Kento-Kento help me!" the disguised Sailor Venus exclaimed.

The real Sailor Venus, however, was buried in the sand and she was fighting to push herself up.

"That destructive armor of yours was meant to serve the dynasty!" the Sand Strikers shouted, coming up through the sand behind him and turning into guards.

"Not while I'm still wearing it!" Kento snapped, turning around. Scarletta's eyes flashed.

"Kento, watch out!" Sailor Venus pushed herself up. "VENUS CRESCENT BEAM SMASH!"

Her orange beam of light went through the Sand Striker's sides, making them fall back into sand forms.

"Sailor Venus, you're all right!" he exclaimed. "But if you're here, then…"

He turned back to Dais and the fake Sailor Venus laughed, showing her true form of Scarletta.

"You tricked me!" Kento shouted. "Sailor Venus and I are going to make sandcastles out of your goons!"

"You won't have enough energy to make anything after this fight!" Scarletta hissed. "Get them!"

The Sand Strikers circled around Kento and Sailor Venus. Sailor Venus and went back to back to fight against the sand strikers, but it was more difficult than they bargained for. Sailor Venus' attack made the Sand Strikers fall back to sand, but they were able to return to their soldier form almost immediately.

"My powers do nothing, Kento!" she cried. "My beam smash only slows them down!"

"Don't' worry, I'll clear them off!" Kento said. "IRON ROCK CRUSHER!"

His efforts, however, seemed also futile. The Sand Strikers absorbed the impact and sent a gush of sand at the two warriors. Sailor Venus screamed and Kento moved in front of her, blocking the wind and sand with his large body.

"Look out!"

Sailor Venus felt the sand breeze past her, hitting her pair legs and arms. She winced in pain. It was like a bunch of glass pieces braising her skin. She coughed as the dust got in her mouth.

"Hold on," Kento said. "We're going to get through this."

The sand strikers formed a quicksand pit at their feet. "It's like sinking in quick sand, but we only swallow you a thousand times over!"

Two big faces appeared in the sand. Venus and Kento found it hard to move. Kento had to pick her up and walk away.

"Remind the ancient to make an armor of your own," said Kento. "You're all right?"

"Prepare to be sandblasted!"

The sand gave at Kento's feet and they fell in the sinking, whirling pit.

"Kento!" Sailor Venus shouted, her blond hair flying around her face. "Look out!"

The twin Sand Strikers grabbed Kento, kicked him in the stomach and uppercut him in the face. A trickle of blood flew out of Kento's mouth.

"Kento! No! Aaah!" Kento and Sailor Venus were dropped hard on the desert ground. Sailor Venus, wincing in pain, limped to Kento. "Kento, are you all right?"

"You should worry about yourself, Venus," Scarletta hissed, entangling foot with her tentacles and dragging her across the barren ground.

"I won't let you get away with this!" Sailor Venus said. "VENUS CRESCENT BEAM SMASH!"

She sent her attack right through Scarletta's heart, killing her.

"Impressive, Sailor Venus," Dais muttered. "I didn't believe a silly girl like you would be a skilled fighter. Seems like Queen Beryl was right after all."

"The Sailor Scouts are a lot tougher than you think, Dais!" Sailor Venus shouted, bring herself back up to her feet.

Dais laughed and looked at Kento. "Foolish boy-he should now his armor would be used against him. I will tell master Talpa of my victory. Watch him and this girl!"

"They will be no trouble," said the Sand Strikers.

Dais disappeared and Sailor Venus, knowing she couldn't take the Sand Strikers on her own, went to Kento and tried to push him over. He was very heavy but she was able to lift his head out of the sand.

"Kento, can you hear me?" she inquired.

Instead of hearing her voice, Kento heard the Ancient's. "Use the power of your armor to push your way through the sands of deception. You can use its force to see what is not there."

'Use its force to see,' Kento thought, 'If these are the sands of deception, I can can't fight it on strength alone, but I've always relied on it.'

"Kento, are you okay?" Sailor Venus asked as he got to his feet.

"I think so," he answered.

"We'll have to pulverize this rock!" the Sand Strikers shouted, swarming around Sailor Venus and Kento.

"They're moving so fast," Sailor Venus said, "what do we do?"

"There must be a way to use the Armor of Hardrock's power." Kento said. "They're everywhere. I have to see with the armor's spirit."

"I'll try to slow them down so you can do that," Sailor Venus said.

"Thanks," he said and he closed his eyes.

"VENUS CRESCENT BEAM SMASH!"

"Missed them…they're too fast! Any luck, Kento?"

"Yeah, I can feel it…I can feel through the nature of my armor flowing through the earth. I can see where they are and where they're not!" Kento exclaimed. "All right, let's party everybody!"

"Go for it, Kento! I belie in your armor's power!" Sailor Venus shouted. "You can do it!"

"IRON ROCK CRUSHER!"

Kento's attack went an extra level and he sent it to the Sand Strikers. Instead of them absorbing the impact, they were destroyed by it.

"You did it, Kento!" Sailor Venus exclaimed. "I knew you could do it!"

"Couldn't have done it with out you," Kento said. "Thanks. You know, we make a great team. There's no way Talpa and Beryl can win now!"

"Ah ha, guess again," Dais said, stepping onto the desert. "I can tell you know your companions Cye of the Torrent and Sage of the Halo are already in Talpa's realm."

"You're lying!" Kento shouted.

"Torrent? Halo?" Sailor Venus said. "Sailor Mercury and Sailor Jupiter were supposed to find them!"

"Right you are, Sailor Venus and they are there too."

"No!" she shouted.

"If they're there then that doesn't mean they had a choice," Kento said. "And I still have a choice and I will not join Talpa's ranks! So tell me where my friends are now!"

"If you want to see them then follow me and I'll show you," Dais said.

"No tricks, Dais!" Kento shouted.

"I don't need any tricks," he replied. "I'll take you to your friends."

"We have to do this for our friends," Sailor Venus said. "Maybe we can find a way to help them!"

Dais caught them with glowing spider webbing and pulled them through the Dynasty gates. Sailor Venus looked around.

"So this is the Netherrealm, huh?" she said. "I wonder how Jupiter and Venus are taking it."

"Sage, Cye, I'm coming for you guys!" said Kento.

--

Dais brought the two warriors into the throne room. Sailor Venus gasped when she saw Prince Darien standing by Queen Beryl's side.

"Darien!" she cried.

"Good to see you again, Sailor Venus," he said. "Your friends Jupiter and Mercury are waiting for you."

"You know this guy?" Kento inquired.

"Used to," she said. "Now Queen Beryl has turned him against us. I guess that's why you brought us here, huh, Queen Beryl? You're going to try to turn me against Sailor Moon? It won't work on me!"

"I have other plans, Venus," Beryl said. "If Sailor Moon really cares for you and the others, she'll give me the Silver Crystal!"

"Then you might as well kill me now, Beryl, because it wont' work!" Sailor Venus shouted.

"What Silver Crystal?" Kento asked.

"It's very powerful," she replied, "like all of your armors. Beryl's been after it for a thousand years!"

"A thousand years? That's when my armor was made. Hold on here a minute-what's going on?"

"You will get an explanation later, Hardrock," said Talpa. "Take them to the dungeons!"

"Yes Master," Dais said, pulling Kento out of the room as Darien took Sailor Venus.

"Hey, you be careful with her!" Kento shouted at Darien.

"Mind your business," Darien muttered.

"Don't worry about me, Kento," Venus said.

"What's this crystal Beryl's after?" Kento asked on the way down. "Is it really as powerful as our armors?"

"Yeah," she answered. "A thousand years ago, I lived with the Sailor Scouts on the Moon Kingdom. We were attacked by Beryl but Queen Serenity saved us by sealing us in the silver crystal and sending us to Earth. Sailor Moon has it…she's the Moon Princess. If Queen Beryl gets her hands on the crystal, she won't just be able to take over the whole world, she can rule the entire universe!"

"Well Talpa sure has picked a good queen," Kento muttered as Darien went one way with Sailor Venus. "Hey, where are you taking her?"

"You didn't think we were going to put you all in the same dungeon, did we?" Dais demanded, pushing him through.

"Kento!" Sailor Venus cried.

"Sailor Venus-augh-let me go!"

--

Cye and Sage heard Kento's voice down the hall. "Sounds like Kento was captured," said Sage.

When they saw him be brought in, Cye cried at him.

"They got you too, Kento?"

"Sage! Cye!" he yelled. "Are you two all right?"

"We're okay," they replied.

"They got Sailor Venus too," Kento said as Dais hung him in the next gargoyle's mouth with Cye and Sage. "Dais, what do you plan to do with the sailor scouts?"

"You'll see, Hardrock," Dais said as he walked off.

"Kento, do you know why they captured the scouts too?" Sage asked.

"Sailor Venus told me about something called a Silver Crystal," he replied. "She and the other scouts lived on the moon a thousand years ago."

"That's about the same time the Ancient made our armors," said Cye. "You think there could be a connection?"

"It would sure explain a lot," Sage said. "But what does Beryl expect to gain by doing this?"

"She's using them as bargaining chips," said Kento. "Sailor Moon-the Moon Princess-has the crystal and Queen Beryl is going to use her friends to get it!"

"I hope Sailor Jupiter and the others are all right in there,' said Sage. "They're in a separate dungeon."

--

Sailor Venus was thrown in the same dungeon room as Sailor Mercury and Jupiter.

"They caught you too, Sailor Venus?" Jupiter asked, standing up. "I knew they were after you next."

"You two okay?" Sailor Venus inquired.

"Yeah," Mercury replied softly. "But there isn't a lot of air here. We have to save our energy. WE can't use our powers."

"What do they want us for?" Jupiter demanded. "We don't have any armors like the Ronin Warriors."

"Queen Beryl is going to use us as a ransom to get the Silver Crystal from Sailor Moon!" Venus exclaimed.

"What?" Jupiter slammed her fist on the wall. "This is just great! They might be after Sailor Mars next!"

"I hope Sailor Mars and Sailor Moon reaches the other two Ronin Warriors in time," Sailor Mercury whispered. "I think they may be our only hope."

To Be Continued