Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening Angel ❯ Prologue

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Prologue
This is just to give background information for my upcoming story. To catch everyone up on what happened in my Warrior universe. ^_^

After the final fight with Talpa, the Ronins lived out the rest of their lives happily and all of them died in their seventies. Mia and Ryo married, but never had any children. Cye and Kento married twin sisters, but had no kids. Rowen and Sage never married, and spent their lives as bachelors. Yuli grew up and married a woman named Mae and had a daughter named Elly. Lady Kayura took the Warlords away and taught them to fight for good. She also purified Anubis' Armor of Cruelty with her staff and changed it to the Armor of Light.
Years later, four months after Elly married Sanji Kamura, a martial arts expert, Lady Kayura had a premonition of terrible battles to come. She arranged for Ryo, Rowen, Kento, Cye, and Sage to be reborn. And, nine months later, they were. On the exact same day, Elly had a daughter and named her Shara.
Kayura began training them when they reached the age of seven. Yuli and Mae accessed the information Mia left behind and told the young warriors everything on the disks. Elly and Sanji would bring little Shara by to watch the boys train, and were delighted when she showed talent with a sword. She trained for awhile, but quickly turned her interests in other directions by the time she was ten.
At the age of sixteen, Sage and Shara began dating. But he was too serious about his training to let it go very far. Frustrated, Shara broke up with him a year later and concentrated on guys at her high school. She never forgot him or how much he truly meant to her.
A year later, catastrophe struck. The Dynasty had returned, led by a man named Edriss. The Ronins fought hard, but were slowly being overwhelmed by the Dynasty's forces. Yuli, Sanji, and Elly hurried to the city to help the Warriors. Shara was instructed to stay home with her grandmother Mae, but she refused to listen. When she arrived at the battlefield, Sage was lying on the hood of a car, his armor dented and blood staining his blond hair. She hurried over and tried to help stop the bleeding. He opened his eyes and reached up with his hand to touch her face. Sage realized then how much he loved her and said so. Shara started crying and said that she loved him, too.
Edriss swooped down beside them and seized Shara by the waist, hauling her up into the air. He raised his sai and pressed it to her throat. Taunting Sage, he prepared to summon his power and leave Shara lifeless. Sage cried out and rushed Edriss. Kento saw what was happening and abandoned his fight with the Dynasty soldiers to help Sage. They both fought Edriss furiously, desperate to destroy him. Shara crawled into an alley and hid.
Eventually, Ryo, Cye, and Rowen defeated all of the lesser minions and joined in the fight against the Dynasty leader. But no matter how hard they tried, the Ronins couldn't win. Sage and Kento used all the power of their armor and managed to weaken Edriss substanially, but, in the procces, destroyed themselves. The other Warriors continued the battle and triumped in the end, but the victory was bittersweet. Two Ronins had been lost, as had Yuli, Sanji, and Elly.
Shara ran to Sage's fallen form and begged him not to leave. He smiled weakly and shook his head, saying he had no choice. Turning his head to look at his friends, Sage made them vow to keep Shara safe for the rest of her life. Rowen and Ryo agreed quickly, while Cye was too busy grieving over Kento, his best friend. Looking at Shara one last time, Sage promised that his love for her would never die.
Three years have passed since that day. The Ronins have kept watch over Shara, just as they promised. Shara has grown into a lovely woman, except for her quick temper. She never fully recovered from the loss of her family and friends, but leads a fairly normal life living in her grandmother's house. Kayura has recently told the Warriors that she feels evil approaching, and they wait for the day when the Dynasty will once again return. This is when my story, Awakening Angel, begins.