Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Awakening Angel ❯ Sacrifice ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own the Ronin Warriors. Never have, never will. Kenji/Ouji, Shara, Miaka, Nephalia, Eros, and Rime are mine. No taking them.

Sacrifice

"Hey, Kenji-"

The man cut Rowen off. "Do not call me by that name. It is not mine at all. The boy Kenji died days ago. I personally witnessed his demise. I may have a few physical characteristics in common with the child, but we are most certainly not the same person."

"Fine, fine." Sage crossed his arms over his chest. "What shall we call you then?" Maybe being able to call him by a new name would help him forget who the Warlord really was. Help him forget that it was Kenji.

"My name, little Ronin, is Ouji Kaijin, Prince of the Dynasty." He nodded graciously, taking for granted they'd be impressed by his title.

"Prince of Destruction," Sage murmured to himself.

"Very good, Halo. You know your Japanese." Ouji laughed. "Of course, that shouldn't be very surprising, should it?"

"Considering I've been living in Japan my entire life, no, not really."

"Yes. The man born to Japanese parents who looks oddly Caucasian. The power of your soul's self-image overcoming genetics. You Ronins really are freaks, aren't you?" Chuckling, the Warlord turned toward Shara. "My, my. You look terrified. What could possibly be wrong with you?"

She shrank back, her eyes wide in terror. "Stay away… Don't come any closer!" Her arms were instinctively wrapping around her chest, shielding her body from his piercing gaze. "Please… Don't hurt me…"

He laughed richly, eyes glittering. "You silly girl. I do not derive pleasure from attacking women. I merely did what had to be done. You understand." Stepping forward, the Warlord slid his arm around her waist and forced her body against his. "Of course, if you want to experience it once more, I'd be more than willing to oblige."

She shrieked, trying to push him away. "No! Never! Please… please let me go!" Shara felt his fingers slipping underneath the bottom of her jacket, brushing her bare thighs, probing insistently. Whimpering pitifully, she weakly strained against the arm that clutched her waist tightly. It was happening all over again. And she could do nothing to stop him.

"Hey! What are you doing?"

An armored hand closed on the Warlord's shoulder, yanking him back and forcing him to release Shara. Rowen's dark blue eyes were burning with fury. "Never treat a lady that way. It isn't nice."

Sage's expression was bleak. He understood precisely why Shara had reacted so strongly to the prince's touch. Why she hadn't struggled fiercely. The dark man had already conquered Shara. He had broken her spirit and made her feel helpless during their last encounter. Sage nearly wept. This man, this Warlord, was the one who had raped his wife. The horror of what that meant nearly knocked him flat. Anger began to burn through him, starting in his throat and spreading to his fingertips. Kneeling, he reached for his sword.

Out of the corner of his eye, Rowen caught a glimpse of Sage raising his sword in preparation of an attack. The blond was trembling with anger, his blue eyes focused on the Warlord prince.

"Sage! Put that down! You can't kill your own son!" he snapped. "Get a grip!"

He gritted his teeth, the tip of his blade pointed at Ouji. "You don't understand, Rowen. You don't know what this guy has done. He deserves to die."

"He's under a spell, Sage! Whatever he did, it wasn't his idea! He's Nephalia's puppet, man. And no matter what he looks like, this is still your son. It's still Kenji!" Rowen struggled to hold the Warlord still so he wouldn't attack Sage.

Rowen's words slowly sunk in and Sage's sword drooped.

"No!"

Hands grabbed at Rowen's back. Shara leapt toward Ouji, eyes wild, the point of an arrow flying at his heart.

Rowen released the Warlord and grabbed the blonde girl's wrist, stopping her mere seconds before she would've plunged the arrow into Ouji's chest. The prince backed away from them, a strange smile on his face. But Rowen pushed him out of his mind, instead focusing on the wildcat he held by the arm. Her head whipped around violently; her arms and legs churned in desperation. She shrieked and shouted wordlessly, her normally lovely face twisted by sheer hate. Shara fought against his grasp ferociously, but Rowen held tight. After several moments her writhing body went still. He gently pulled her toward him, wrapping both arms around her in a soothing embrace.

"It's okay, Shara. He didn't hurt you. Let him be, okay? We'll get Kayura to fix him, and you'll have your son back. So don't try to attack him again, alright?"

Her gaze was hollow. "Didn't hurt me…? No… You're wrong…" Reaching up, she grasped the zipper at her throat and gradually eased it down. She halted halfway down her chest, pushing the jacket open with her fingertips to show him the skin that had been hidden underneath.

The soft white skin of her throat and shoulders were covered with angry red marks and sinister purple smudges. He saw welts from where someone had bitten the delicate flesh of her neck and breasts. Rowen's earlier observation was now confirmed; something serious had happened to Shara. She had been attacked, and possibly raped. His blood ran cold when he realized who must have done it. The reason why Shara had tried to kill her own son.

"Oh, God…" He staggered back a step, still in shock over what he had deduced. "Him… Kenji did… that…?"

Shame clouded her eyes as she slowly nodded. She reached out to him with one hand, silently begging him to forgive her, to look past the terrible blemishes on her body. To not be disgusted. He didn't move to accept her offer.

"Did… He… You… Everything?"

She nodded once more in response to his half-asked question. Her hand began to drop as he continued to make no movement toward her. Pain flashed across her face, followed by a deep sorrow. He apparently couldn't accept and forgive. Part of her world came crashing down around her. Her palm brushed her leg, rejected.

Then his arms were around her in a passionate embrace. She found herself pressed against his chest as his fingers trailed through her hair and down her back. Shara was momentarily stunned, but soon lifted her arms and hugged him back.

"It doesn't make a difference at all, Shara. You're an angel remember? Born that way, even. And that'll never change. No matter what happens, you'll be our Angel."

His warm breath tickled her ear and she couldn't help but smile. The Ronins' Angel. A title of which she was definitely proud. She leaned her head against Rowen's shoulder and began to finally relax. The people most important to her had given their understanding and been able to move past the incident. The weakness began to fade from her body. She suddenly also became aware of how insane she had been acting. Chuckling softly, Shara straightened, reluctantly pulling out of Rowen's arms, and faced her tormentor.

"Well. Ouji, was it? Looks like you're going to have quite a fight on your hands."

He brushed the dark wave of hair out of his eyes, a soft smile on his face. "Perhaps. But it's certainly one I shall win. Your friends seem to have the unfortunate belief that I will suddenly cease to be a Warlord and transform into the child they seem to think I am. But Kenji is no part of me. I can't understand why you fools think we are the same person. No matter. It is that blind faith that will be your downfall."

She shrugged. "I don't know about that. I mean, we have Armors on our side. What do you have? Charm and obedience? Not exactly terrifying qualities."

He lifted one black eyebrow and laughed. "Oh, really? Hmm… Then perhaps it's time for a demonstration." Lifting his hand, the prince shouted to the dark sky.

"Ancient Armor! Mystical power! Descend to me! Become one with me! Great Armor, I summon you on behalf of the Dynasty! Grant your evil powers to me!"

Thunder sounded through the room and the star-like points in the ceiling grew red as blood. Nephalia was nearly swooning from ecstasy. Her black eyes were gleaming with an unearthly light, her lips twisted into a rapturous smile as a black light descended from the ceiling and struck the tall Warlord

"Armor of Destruction! Give your strength to me!"

A brilliant flash of dark light flooded the cavernous room. From the ceiling descended a black silhouette of what appeared to be Armor. It merged with the iridescent figure of Ouji, giving off another blast of power. The three Ronins had to shade their eyes from the intensity of the radiance. When it was all over, the trio cautiously raised their eyes to gaze at the Warlord.

Ouji flexed his fist, marveling at the gleaming black glove. He touched the sword on his back, feeling the silky texture of the lethal silver. The prince examined the black Armor that shielded his body, excitedly memorizing and reveling in its every detail. The Armor's surface almost seemed to be swirling, like the deep abyss of a black hole. Reaching up he removed his glinting helmet and tossed it casually aside.

"Looks like things are a bit more even now, eh, Ronins?"

Shara fell to the ground, her knees weak from dread. The prince had been able to acquire the fabled ancient Armor, the most powerful weapon in all of existence. But that should have been impossible. The Empress had found Kenji incapable of summoning the Armor. That was the entire reason for her to send her prince after Shara. If he had the capacity to summon it all along, then what was the purpose of his attempt to impregnate her? Merely to break her spirit and make their victory sweeter? No. The Dynasty didn't think that way. They favored utter destruction over psychological damage. Then what could possibly be the reason?

Nephalia spoke, reading the young woman's mind easily. "Ouji was unable to summon the Armor in the beginning. I suspect it was because his heart was still too pure. When he returned from having intercourse with you, Shara, Ouji was capable of bringing forth the power. The purity that remained in his heart had been destroyed. Not surprising. What act could be more wicked than the one he committed? And now he shall use the Armor to destroy you all." Her head was thrown back, a triumphant laugh trilling from her lips. "Go, my prince! Rid us of our enemies!"

The Warlord bowed and drew his sword. "As you wish, my Empress." He faced the Ronins, a smirk lighting his face. "Shall we get down to business, boys?"

The throne room's doors burst open and in rushed three tall figures. Shining orange, pale blue, and white Armors clad their bodies; powerful swords and staffs were clenched in their fists. Three sets of brilliant blue eyes, each a slightly different shade, set in three brave, determined faces flashed fiercely. The man in white stepped forward, his head high.

"Cavalry's he-"

"Where is the witch? I want to fight her by myself!" Miaka scampered in and cut in front of the Ronins. Her long red hair flew wildly around her face like a fiery cloud. She clutched an unlit torch in her hand, waving it around as if it were a mighty weapon. "Lemme at 'er!"

Ryo ran a hand over his face and sighed. "Sweetheart… I know you mean well and are only trying to help, but put that thing down and shut up. This isn't your fight."

She propped her hands on her hips and gave him a dark look. "You sayin' I'm not tough enough to fight with you guys? Not good enough to lend a hand?"

"Yeah, that's exactly what he's saying. Now move!" Kento waved a dismissive hand in the direction of the far wall. "Go sit over there or something."

Annoyed, the redhead stomped hard on Kento's foot before doing as he had directed. "Fine. Just wait until we get back home… I'll pay you all back for this…"

Ryo winced. "Thanks, buddy. I'm really going to get it now."

"Hey, you said it fir-"

"Will you two please stop with the ridiculous behavior?" Ouji gave them all an incredulous look. "You're the only hope for the earth? It's amazing your world has lasted this long. You're absolutely pathetic."

"Hey! I resent that remark," Ryo grumbled.

"More like resemble it," Kento quipped.

The Warlord groaned. "Alright, now I have three reasons to kill you. A, to please my Empress and gain my reward. B, to give the Dynasty the glory it truly deserves. And C, to stop your inane chatter and trite witticisms!"

"Guys!" Rowen cut in with a roar. "Shut up! This isn't time for your stupid jokes! We've got a serious problem on our hands, in case you didn't notice!"

Kento glanced around. "What? All I see is a sexy, handsome guy in black and a scary lady with freakishly long hair. What's there to be afraid of?"

Rowen almost smacked the rock-headed Warrior. "Hello? Look. Guy in black is wearing Armor. Carrying a sword. He nearly killed Shara. The guy is dangerous. Understand, dummy?"

"I still don't see-"

"You think he's handsome? And sexy?" Cye inquired in a faint, worried voice.

"Not as much as you. Don't worry, Cye." Kento patted the brown-haired Ronin's shoulder. "No one can compare to you."

"Oh, wonderful. Now the lovebirds are going at it." Rowen threw up his hands in exasperation. "Come on! Can we please just concentrate on fighting for a minute here? You two can discuss who's cuter later."

Cye nodded briskly. "Yes, of course. I apologize, Rowen."

Shara walked over and placed her hand on Ryo's arm. "Please, don't kill him… I know he's a Warlord… But underneath Nephalia's magic is my son… So, please, Ryo. Be careful."

He flashed her a quick smile. "No problem, Shara. We'll just knock him out and drag him back home with us. Then Kayura will take care of him."

She smiled back and kissed his cheek. "Thanks, Ryo. Good luck." Turning, she strode over to stand beside Miaka. The two women waved at the guys. "We'll be cheering for you!"

Sage joined his fellow Ronins and raised his sword. "You guys ready?" They all nodded and the five turned to face the dark prince.

He smiled at them, amusement flickering in his deep eyes. "Do you really believe you can defeat me? You unskilled, inept fools think you have the power required to defeat the Armor of legend? The feeling of power that undulates within you is truly an imprudent illusion of grandeur. There is no conceivable way for you to achieve your goals. Why don't you lay down your weapons and swear loyalty to the Dynasty? Though you are weaker than I, the five of you would still be a venerated addition to our legions."

Kento nudged Cye with his elbow. "What did this guy do, swallow a thesaurus?"

"No, you're probably the only guy who'd get hungry enough to eat a book, Kento," Ryo joked.

"Oh, you're just mad because you didn't get to eat before we left. Chill, dude."

"And why didn't I get to eat anything? Could it possibly have been because you ate it all, pig boy?"

"You're getting off subject again," Rowen complained. "Come on, guys, pay attention!"

"Sorry, Rowen," the two Warriors sheepishly chimed together.

Sage pointed his sword at the Warlord and declared in a strong voice, "You're insane if you think we'll just give up and go home! The Ronin Warriors never surrender! We'll stop your misguided destruction and return you to your former self! Heed my words, Warlord! We will annihilate all of your realm!"

"Melodramatic, aren't we?" Ouji shrugged his shoulders and sighed. "Such a waste. Nothing to be done, I suppose. As you wish, Halo, I will fight you." He set back in a fighting stance and gestured for them to attack. "Begin."

Sage and Ryo leapt into action, their swords flashing through the air. Ouji didn't move as he saw them approach, didn't adjust his position so he could effectively block the attacks. He merely smiled. The closer the Warriors drew, the broader his smile became. An instant before the swords plunged into his body, the Warlord's figure blurred momentarily and then became well-defined again. The Ronins lay at his feet, their weapons several feet away.

"Next?" Ouji laughed cruelly. "Dare you challenge my power now that you've seen my capabilities? Or failed to see, shall I say. I'm too fast for your pitiful human eyes to follow."

Cye stared at the fallen duo in amazement. "How… how in the world did you do that? It's impossible! No one can move that quickly!"

"Yeah, dude," Kento protested. "This isn't Dragonball Z."

"No, this isn't some brainless cartoon fantasy. My powers are based on reality. I truly do have the power to be quicker than any other creature in existence. There's nothing any of you can do to stop me!" Ouji slashed his sword through the air a few times. "Don't even attempt to try."

Rowen nocked an arrow into his bow. "Let's see you dodge this." He released the bowstring with a snap of his wrist and the arrow flew toward the prince. Ouji snatched the projectile out of the air and shattered the thin shaft with one twitch of his fingers. The Warlord opened his hand and a tinkling shower of pieces fell to the floor.

"Satisfied yet?"

"Not quite." Ryo pushed himself up and staggered on quivering legs. "Got one more trick to try."

Ouji's lips curved in a condescending smirk. "Proceed with your useless attack."

"We'll see how useless it is…" He rolled across the floor, scooped up his katanas, leapt into the air and shouted, "Rage of Inferno!"

The white-hot flames raced across the ground, setting the very air ablaze with the fire of purity. Ouji stood in the middle of the blaze, his Armor a dark blemish in the midst of the bright fire. The Ronins all shielded their eyes from the brilliance. As the flames died several moments later, the dark prince stood in the only untouched spot on the scorched floor, completely unaffected.

"Anything else?"

The five Warriors looked back and forth at one another, completely at a loss as to what their next move should be.

"No? Alright, then I'll inform you of your choices. You can either surrender and join the Dynasty, or I can kill you right now."

Ryo exchanged silent glances with each of the other four Ronins. Their eyes all said the same thing. The fiery man turned and shot a daredevil smile at Ouji.

"Guess you get to kill us. We'd rather die than become Dynasty scum."

"Your wish is my command." He raised his sword and pointed it toward the ceiling, the east wall, the floor, the west wall, and then back at the ceiling once more. "Darkness, gather in my blade. Bring forth the powers of destruction. Extinguish the light of the Ronins once and for all! I command thee! I summon thee! Rains of-"

"Stop!"

The gentle chiming of striking metal rang through the room. The Ronins whirled around and stared at the slender silhouette framed in the doorway. Behind the first form were three more shadows, taller and broader than the first. The leader took a step forward and the light fell from the ceiling and illuminated her lovely face. Lady Kayura. The other three walked into the light and their identities were revealed one-by-one. Dais. Sehkmet. Kale. The former Warlords of the Dynasty who became Ronins with the help of Kayura. Now all the Warriors were together.

Shara smiled, automatically thinking the battle would be over as soon as the nine Ronins joined their powers together. But then she remembered that was impossible. The Armor of Angel, the combined strength of all nine Armors, no longer existed. It had been sacrificed so Sage could be brought back from the Netherworld. The other Ronins had come only to be destroyed. Nothing could stop the Armor of Destruction.

"Precisely, dear girl."

A slim hand grasped Shara's shoulder firmly, the black fingernails digging into the leather. "Nothing can stop my Warlord. Even if you Armor of Angel still existed, it would be no match for the power of destruction. Nothing short of the power of God can stop it."

"That is incorrect, Empress." Kayura switched her cool gaze to Nephalia. "The Armor of Destruction is only one half of the power of the legendary Armor. It only contains the capacity to destroy. Its other half, the Armor of Creation, is equally powerful. The legendary Armor changes with the heart of its owner. Therefore, if I heal Kenji and return him to his normal form, the natural innocence of a child will convert the Armor's destructive power to one of healing and invention. If you had studied the ancient texts closely, you would have known that."

The wicked Empress leveled her icy eyes on Kayura and smiled. "You won't get the chance, Ancient."

Ouji raced toward the blue-haired woman, his sword drawn. Kayura whipped around, raising her staff to fend off the blow. But the Warlord was just too fast. Not even the Ancient's power and speed was a match for him. The slim katana sunk into her chest. It drove through her heart and emerged out of her back, nearly skewering Dais who stood behind her.

The golden staff clattered to the floor, landing with a final, chiming clang.

Ouji withdrew his sword. The beautiful Ancient fell with dreamlike slowness to the floor, her eyes gradually sliding closed.

"Lady!" Dais fell to his knees beside her fallen form. He removed his eyepatch and revealed the horror clouding his blue eyes. "No! This is impossible…!"

The other two former-Warlords gathered around their fallen leader, fear on their strong faces. Kayura, their master, their savior, couldn't be dead. She was the Ancient! Strong, noble, proud. Invincible. Nothing could destroy her. It had to be a mistake. Fate wouldn't allow this beautiful woman to die.

Ouji casually wiped the blood on his sword off on the black sleeve of the shirt Kayura wore under her yellow Armor. "How terribly messy." He turned his back on the three Outer Ronins and strolled over to stand by Nephalia, Shara, and Miaka. He faced the eight Warriors and addressed them with a sneer. "She was the great power you depended upon? A weak woman who was felled by one thrust of my sword? How very disgraceful."

None of the eight responded to his mocking words. They were all standing around the Ancient, disbelief on their mourning faces. Ouji looked annoyed at being ignored. He stalked over to where the Ronins had gathered and chuckled darkly.

"She's dead, boys. Get over it."

Sehkmet was the first to turn. His eyes were flaming. When he spoke, his words dripped with acid. "She was our light, you heartless monster. I'll kill you for taking her away."

All the Warriors began to move toward Ouji, the same hate gleaming in each set of eyes, twisting each face into a cruel mask. Their jaws were set firmly, their fists clenched at their sides. Eight hands simultaneously clenched their weapons and eight bodies flung themselves into battle.

As the fight raged toward the center of the room, Shara pressed her lips close to Miaka's ear and spoke in a soft voice. "Distract the Empress. I'm going to check on Kayura." When the redhead began to respond, Shara cut her off. "I don't care how you do it. Try anything."

Miaka nodded and spun to face Nephalia. "Hey, witch! You lookin' for a fight? I know the guys are gonna kick your scrawny Warlord's whiny butt, but I want the honor of killing you for myself! After all I went through in that dungeon. Do you have any idea how much you need to redecorate? The whole dank and dark style is so passé. I don't know how I survived in such hideous surroundings!"

The Empress was staring at Miaka, dumbfounded by the screaming, rambling woman. Shara barely suppressed a laugh. It was a silly distraction, but it certainly was effective. As her friend continued to rant, Shara cautiously approached the fallen Ancient and kneeled at her side.

"Lady… Are you still alive?"

Her black lashes fluttered slightly. Dark blue eyes were slowly, painfully opened. Her lips parted and the soft whisper still held the pride and nobility of Kayura's usual voice. "Yes, Shara… I am still here… Though probably not for much longer…"

The blonde woman cradled the Ancient's head in her lap. "Just hang on… I'll get Sage over here and he can fix you right up. Everything will be okay. Just… try and stay with us, okay?"

Kayura shook her head weakly. "No, Shara… Sage is still weak from healing you. My wound is mortal. If he tried to heal me, he would die." She drew a short, ragged breath. "This is my fate, little one. I accept it. So must the rest of you…"

Shara stared into the dying woman's powerful and peaceful eyes. The gentle wisdom in her expression and in her gaze swept over Shata and she sighed in acceptance. "Alright, Kayura… I understand." She brushed away a strand of black-blue hair that had fallen across the Ancient's lips. "What should we do now, Lady? How do we stop Ouji and the Empress without your power? Without your Armor?"

Kayura carefully removed her glove and placed her lily-white hand against Shara's cheek. "You shall have my Armor, Shara. For you are a true Ronin. You are the Hope of Earth. Take care of it."

A soft golden light began to grow in Kayura's palm. It spread to Shara's face and shot to her mind and fingertips. The blonde woman nearly fainted as a dizzying rush of tingling energy filled her from head to toe. Her body was growing stiff as Kayura's became limp. Finally, after what seemed like an eternity, the glow faded and the Ancient's eyes closed for the final time.

Shara gently lowered the woman's head to the floor. "Thank you, Lady Kayura. Our victory could only happen through you. I'll use your gift to stop this destruction." Rising, she raised her hand and shouted, her voice as loud as a thunderclap.

"Armor of Light! Come to me!"

Kayura's body began to fill with yellow light as the Armor dissolved from around her. Piece by piece, each accompanied by a flash, the Armor transferred from Kayura to Shara. Last to appear was the shining golden staff of the Ancient. Shara looked at it in amazement: controlling the staff was not a result of receiving the yellow Armor. The Armor she now wore had once been the Warlord Anubis' Armor of Cruelty. Kayura had only begun wearing it when Anubis had sacrificed himself to save her from Badamon's control. That was when the Ancient's staff had first been combined with the power of an Armor. Being granted the use of the purified Armor of Light should not give Shara the power to control the Ancient's staff.

But there it was, gleaming in her hand, the delicate gold rings chiming as they struck one another. As she stared at the shimmering hoops, Shara almost thought she could hear Kayura's voice in her head.

I have given you enough of my power to save your son. No less, no more. Do what you must, and then surrender control of my staff. I have been training one of my Warriors to take my place once destiny freed me from the mortal coil. Now that day has finally come. After this battle, tell Dais the staff is his to control. And tell all my Warriors that I am proud of them. That I… love… them.

Shara smiled. "Love, huh? I always knew you were a softie deep down." She bowed her head and tightened her grasp on the staff. "I shall do as you command, Lady Kayura… Please, take care of yourself in the afterlife. Be at peace."

Yes… I shall, Shara. I shall.

The voice was gone from her mind as quickly as it had come. The blonde woman raised her head and swept her gaze over the battlefield before her. The Ronins were being slaughtered. Kale, Cye, Sage, Kento, and Sehkmet were all lying on the floor, some unconscious, others merely too weak to stand. Rowen, Ryo, and Dais were fighting valiantly, but were consistently being knocked down. Blood ran down each of their faces. Unsurprisingly, however, they weren't giving up at all. The trio charged for attack after attack. Their efforts were useless, but they wouldn't stop trying. Every time a blow knocked them aside, they jumped to their feet once more and continued their assault. It was a hopeless battle.

"Then I'll just put a stop to it."

Shara raised the staff and pointed it at Ouji. "Warlord! Prince of the Dynasty! I command you to be still!"

He froze in the middle of a counterstrike, a stunned look on his handsome face. "What…? How…?" His eyes landed on Shara. As he absorbed the facts that she was wearing Kayura's Armor and holding her staff, the prince's unfathomable eyes grew dark with anger. "No! That witch! She didn't die!"

"No. She is dead. But she gave me the power I need to stop you."

Shara advanced toward the furious Warlord, waving the Ronins aside as she approached. "Go. Make sure the Empress does not interfere." The three nodded and hurried to obey her command.

The blonde focused her gaze on Ouji. "Prince… You shall be stopped. This slaughter can't continue any longer. And I will do it with the power you scorned. The power of the Ancient, and the power of the very Armor you wear." She reached out with one hand and caressed the man's cheek. He tried to jerk his head away, but she merely stepped a little closer and continued.

"Kenji… My dear little boy… Mommy will make it all better again. Just hold on…"

He spat on her. "I'm not your son, woman. Don't touch me again."

Shara wiped the saliva away with the back of her hand. "That's where you're wrong. And I'll prove it to you."

She pressed the top of the staff against his chest and closed her eyes. "Powers above, powers of healing and light. Please, descend from your place on high and fill my staff. Give me the power I need to release the spell cast on this poor soul. Guide him back to the path he should be walking. I implore you! Grant that strength to me!"

Golden light flowed from the tip of her staff and into the Warlord's body. His eyes grew wider and wider, shock written across his face as the healing magic began to take effect. A soft whimper escaped his lips as his body began to shrink, to transform from a well-developed, mature body to the small, delicate form of a child. Ouji let out one final roar of outrage and despair before he completely vanished, leaving the small shape of a young boy covered by a large black shirt.

"Kenji…"

He raised his head, wiping his eyes with the back of one diminutive hand. Brilliant teal blue eyes lifted to meet her lovely emerald gaze. A slight smile flickered across the child's lips.

"Mommy…? Where'd you get the cool outfit?"

--------------------------------------------------------

A N: Okay, Okay. So this didn't turn out to be the conclusion after all. I'm gonna need another chapter… or two. Depending on how far I decide to twist things. And since I love plot twists, it might end up as two. Who knows? Anyway. I want to make amends with anyone who might get ticked off because I called DBZ "brainless": I like the show, too. I wasn't trying to be mean about it or anything. Okay? Okay. Stay tuned for the final showdown. ^_^