Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Destiny's Warrior ❯ chapter four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sakura walked calmly towards the familiar waterfall where she had met that boy so many years ago. "Ironic," Sakura thought. "Father has always forbidden me to even think about going anywhere outside the neutral area, now he can't wait for me to break that rule." She giggled inwardly.

"I wish he would have let me bring Kero," Sakura said aloud. Drawing near the waterfall Sakura jumped to the middle rock. Fingering her crystal she started to glow with blue magical energy. Then she called out in a loud voice.

"I wish to speak to the guardian of the waterfall in the Ronin lands." Suddenly a column of water shot up in the air next to her. When it disappeared a griffon stood in its place. The griffon slowly walked towards her and transformed himself into a giant human. "It has been a long time since a magician has asked to speak to me, and even longer since it has been a pretty one." The guardian transformed back into the griffon and spoke again. "What is it that you seek?"

"Great guardian of the waterfall…" Sakura began.

"Please, call me Oris." The griffon interrupted.

"Um…yes, Oris, I am here on behalf of my father, Talpa…"

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

"Ryo!" A blond boy yelled. "Why do you insist on coming up to this waterfall all the time? It's not like that girl you saw is going to be there."

"That isn't the only reason I go up there Sage!" Ryo said indignantly. "And she could be there, you never know."

"Oh, please, Ryo, you saw her once, and that was eight years ago!" Sage commented. Ryo sighed, Sage didn't understand, he hadn't been the one to see her. Ryo couldn't explain it, but he had felt some sort of connection or something with her. Suddenly a scream pierced the air.

"Did you hear that?" Sage asked.

"Yeah, I think it came from the direction of the waterfall. Let's hurry over there." Ryo said. With that the two boys took off towards the waterfall. The two boys got there in time to see a griffon towering over a girl lying on the bank.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~

"No, Oris you don't understand, you have the wrong idea!" Sakura tried to explain. Suddenly a boy came flying through the air kicking the griffon in the side of the head sending him into the waterfall.

"Looks like I got here just in time," Ryo said as he held his hand out to help Sakura up. Sakura stared at Ryo. It was him, the boy that she met here eight years ago.

"Ryo! Look out!" Sage yelled as the griffon charged at him. Ryo turned and jumped to the side, the griffon missing him by inches. The griffon turned and charged at Ryo again. Ryo jumped out of the way as the griffon ran under him and hit a rock, head on, knocking him out. Sakura stared at the unconscious griffon in shock, what was Talpa going to say.

Ryo turned around and faced Sakura, getting a good look of her face, and stared. "It's her!" Ryo thought. "Are you okay?" Ryo asked her as he helped her to her feet. Sakura stared at the unconscious griffon then at Ryo. Sakura was still in a daze over what had just happened, there was no way that guardian was going to join her fathers team now. "Father is going to be mad." She thought.

"Hey, are you alright?" Ryo asked again snapping her back to the present.

"What did you think you were doing?" Sakura said with fire in her eye.

"Saving you from that griffon," Sage answered.

"Listen I didn't need you two to save me." Sakura answered haughtily.

"Are you kidding me?" Ryo asked incredulously. "That thing was about to rip your head off."

"He was not." Sakura said weakly. "And even if he was, I can take care of myself. You two aren't the only ones who know how to fight. Ya know." It was then that Sakura noticed that the two boys were wearing sub-armor.* "They're wearing sub-armor?" she wondered. "But I thought only me and the other warlords had armor."

"Well," Sakura said aloud, "so tell me, Mr. Red Warrior, what are your names? I must know who it is that thought they needed to come to my rescue."

"I'm Ryo, Ryo of the Wildfire." Ryo proudly said.

"And I'm Sage of the Halo." Sage added. "And what might your name be?"

"Sakura," she said mildly. "There is no need for them to know that I am a warlord in my father's army, but I do have some questions for when I get home." She thought.

"Pretty name," Ryo said, "For a pretty girl." He mentally added.

Sakura awarded his comment with a smile then turned to go "there is no more need for me to be here anymore, I best go back and tell father what has happened here." She thought to herself. Aloud she said, "Well, I must be going now, see you later, Wildfire."

The two boys watched as she walked into the forest and disappeared from view.

"Well, that sure was an adventure," Sage commented. "Let's go back Ryo and tell the others what happened up here, and we better hurry before our new friend wakes up," he said gesturing towards the griffon.

"Yeah," said Ryo slowly, still looking at the spot he had last seem Sakura. "Yeah," he said again "Let's go."

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~ _~_~_~

* For those who don't know or aren't sure sub-armor is the armor that the Ronin warriors wear before they transform into the actual armor.