Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Dreamless Love ❯ Surprise! ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dreamless Love
Chapter 1
By: Life the Fay
 
 
Hey everyone! Thanks to one reviewer, Sayuri Makato . I love people that leave me reviews. They make me happy! ^_^
Well anyways, before I get to the disclaimer, I just need to tidy up some things. I do use the mind link and thoughts throughout this chapter so they will be recognized like this: `thoughts' ::Mind Link::. Anyways, Happy Reading!
Disclaimer: I do not own the RW/YST characters what so ever. They are owned by their respected people at Sunrise and somewhere else.
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
“Alright, Times up! Everyone put your pencils down and I'll collect your test papers,” Touma instructed cheerfully for one that despised Mondays. His smile seemed only to brighten hearing the moans and groans of his students. Oh how he loved being a high school teacher.
 
Grabbing the last of the tests, he plopped them onto his already messy desk, smiling. “Okay guys, the last fifteen minutes are yours. Just don't get too loud or wild. We don't want your colleges getting jealous.”
 
The students did the shouts of `yes' as they went on discussing their end of the day events happening. The blue haired teacher sat in his comfy computer chair, grading the papers before him with ease. `Multiple choice is the way to go,' he thought to himself.
 
“Sensei Hashiba, why in such a good mood? It's not even the end of the week yet!” One girl asked, twirling her hair innocently.
 
“Oh Hana, can't you see the blush on his cheeks. He's in love and meeting the girl of his dreams for dinner!” another said loudly.
 
“Ewe…are we going to be hearing wedding bells soon?” a third girl pitched in before the trio began giggling as they began planning for their teacher's future wedding.
 
“I don't think you need to go that far girls. I'm not meeting a girl tonight. Today just seems like a bright day full of opportunity,” Touma replied.
 
“Ugh…Sensei you really need to stop taking like a philosopher. You're beginning to sound like a fortune cookie,” the first girl retorted. The trio began giggling again as they rushed out of the room once the bell rang.
 
Touma sighed. `Thank the high heavens my last class is over!'
 
::You could say that again Blue!:: Shu praised through the mind link, causing the archer to jump. ::Sorry buddy, I didn't mean to frighten you. Just thought I would remind you that after your archery club meeting our plans to have a snack at that small dinner.::
 
Touma smiled. ::Yeah, thanks for reminding me Shu. I nearly forgot.::
 
::You mean you DID forget! I know you Touma, you can't remember a thing, so don't start fibbing on me!::
 
::Okay Shu, see you in a little bit.::
 
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
 
While Touma instructed his students at the archery club, in another realm, a person stood next to the archer unnoticed by anyone, watching with interest and intent. Touma grabbed for his own boy, instructing the students on a technique of his own, slightly touching the other's hand. Sadly for the watcher, he felt it, the tingling sensation that he craved for ever so much.
 
He missed being by his side-being seen by him. Being known. He always was beside the fascinating blue haired man, hoping that one day he would be able to see him, feel him, hell even think that he was being followed would be relief enough.
 
In his mind, Touma was his only though either than escape from the hell he had been living in for two years.
 
The man sighed, brushing the locks of hair from his face, turning from the one person whom he loved that didn't even know he existed. He could see a woman behind him, the woman that had rescued him and cared for him for the past two years.
 
“What is it, Sachiko?” He asked, assisting her toward a bench to sit on.
 
Smirking, Sachiko looked knowingly at the man she had become fond of, placing her hand in his. “Its time for you to join the land of the living, Seiji.”
 
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
 
Shu grinned, patting the seat next to him. “Sit by me Blue!”
 
“Sorry I'm late. I got a little excited about my student's shooting. After practice, I was inspired to shoot again myself,” Touma apologized, taking his seat next to Shu. He grinned seeing Ryo and Shin also. “What are you guys doing here? Don't have jobs?”
 
Ryo chuckled at the question and Shin rolled his eyes.
 
“Don't you remember what today is? It's your birthday!”
“-what?” dumbfounded, the blue haired archer looked at his watch and behold they were right. It was October 10th.
 
“So what are you going to do tonight Touma? Party like an animal?” Shin grinned, watching his friend blush. “Get dirty in the sheets with Kayura?”
 
“SHU! Kayura is my friend-not my girlfriend or whore!” Touma argued, turning only redder. He felt his throat getting dry so he began swallowing his milkshake down. “Too be truthful, I really didn't have any plans. Maybe do some programming or grading.”
 
Shin sighed. “You really don't know the meaning of fun do you Touma. It doesn't surprise me much that you don't have any plans. That's why we're having the party here!”
 
“-what?” yet another dumbfounded moment from Touma.
 
SURPRISE!” shouted a fairly large crowd of people which included Nausti, Kayura, Anubis, Rajura, Nazza and even Jun, popping paper Mache around the room. Other people included some of his college friends, people he worked with and even some of his neighbors.
 
“How?” Touma asked, tears sting his eyes in utter happiness.
 
“Well, we all pitched in to rent the dinner for the night and promised the manger we'd clean up the party material. Being that he's a good friend of Nausti's, he gave us a discount,” Ryo answered, grinning like a fool. “Now shut up and smile for the camera.
 
Hours went by with laughter and joy. Touma believed it to be the best birthday ever but he still felt empty. `Something is still missing. I just wish I knew what it was.'
 
The gifts rolled around as Touma was passed gift after gift, never seeming to get a break from unwrapping things. The other three Troopers stood outside of the crowd, watching the youngest of the Troopers fidget in his seat from excitement.
 
::You think he's enjoying himself?:: Shin asked the two other Troopers.
 
::Are you kidding me-He loves it! Can't you see his face? He's having a ball!:: Shu said enthusiastically.
 
Ryo watched Touma with a bittersweet thought. ::I wish Seiji could see him now. I know he would have loved seeing this. He always loved seeing Touma at his birthdays-especially surprise birthday parties. The way he blushes just makes him adorable.::
 
::Plus, it's kinnda easy making him a surprise birthday party since he always forgets.: Shin chuckled before sobering a bit. ::I wish Seiji could be here too. Touma wouldn't be so lonely then.:: He looked at the others with sad eyes. “We better get the cake.” The trio nodded in agreement as the all vanished into the kitchen.
 
 
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
 
Seiji watched from afar the party, tears slowly running down his face as he watched Touma's eyes widen, seeing the cake Shin, Ryo and Shu carried in that was decorated with pictures of him over the years.
 
Touma looked over at Shin. “Oh my gosh Shin, this is incredible! When did you find time to do this with you're busy schedule? I don't think I can eat this. Its just such a masterpiece.”
 
“You know Touma, I didn't make it and light it up for you to just sit and watch the wax melt on it. Just blow the damn candles out Touma and we'll shove it in you're mouth later so that I know I didn't waste my time,” Shin joked. “Don't forget your wish though!”
 
The blonde watched Touma close his eyes and smile. `I wish I knew what you were thinking koi,' he thought sadly.
 
Applause and shouts filled the small dinner when Touma blew out all of the candles with the help of Shu of course. Seiji laughed at that and was surprised when a hand lay on his shoulder. Turning from the happy celebration, he saw Sachiko's face.
 
“Come on Blondie, the portals open!”
 
 
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
 
The last of the quest left had left and the guys were finishing cleaning the mess. Although Touma volunteered to help they all said no, making him sit in a booth to look at all of his gifts. The jukebox was being used, music filling in the silence that gathered in when the guest left. Shin hummed to the melody, swaying with the broom. Ryo held the mop to his face, mouthing the words while Shu waltz the room with Nausti. Shaking his head, images of a blonde flashed in his eyes, violet eyes looking at his midnight blue intensely as they danced. `Whoa! Where did that come from?' he contemplated, shaking the image away.
 
He started looking at the cards on the table, reading each one again. Shin went and got him one with fish all over it while Shu decided to get him one of a babe in a swimsuit. Nausti, being the sentimental one got him a very nice one with floral and lovely sayings. Kayura made him a card on the computer. The mashos together bought him a group card. And then he saw one he didn't remember seeing. Under the pile was a light green envelope with his name written with a delicate hand. Carefully he opened it and read it slowly.
 
May all your hopes and dreams come true on this truly special day. I'm so happy that you came into my life. You gave me something I would have never found on my own-love.
Love Always,
Your secret admirer
 
“Ryo, are you trying to pull a joke on me?” Touma inquired.
 
Ryo walked over, taking the card from Touma. “No, the handwritings too nice for Shu. Hey Shin, are you Touma's secret admirer?”
 
“Let me look?” Shin insisted, taking the card. “The hand writing seems familiar.”
 
“Kayura what are you doing confessing your love to Touma with `secret admirer?” Shu teased. Seconds later he moaned, rubbing his head from the smack he received upside the head.
 
“Its not Kayura's handwriting,” Shin stated. `Every time Seiji wrote Touma a card it said `Secret admirer…but he's dead. Isn't he? It looks just like his handwriting!'
 
Over the musical jukebox, outside the six of them heard a scream. Touma's body tensed, rushing to the door as instinct as a warrior rushed to take control. He looked outside, witnessing a multitude of strange looking men coming toward the dinner. Grabbing his orb from his pocket, he acquired his sub-armor. “Guys we have trouble!”
 
::We're right behind you Touma!:: Kayura answer back, slamming one of the men into a lamppost.
 
The other three came out also garbed in their armor, charging the crowd. Ryo began taking three down at a time. Shin dodged sword coming after him, slamming his trident into the other's gut. Shu rushed to Touma's side, protecting the archer from the close range foes. Touma took to covering everyone else's back with Tenku's bow.
 
::Shu don't be worried about me. I'll be fine. Shin and Ryo need you more than I do. You should go help them.:: Touma stated, hitting a solider over the head with his bow.
 
::Touma, I've looked around and the load seems to be surrounding you. Now dammit duck!::
 
Touma dropped to the ground just in time for Shu to hit another solider whom was aiming for the archer's throat. The blue haired man blushed, grabbing for his throat. ::Thanks Shu. I owe you one.::
::Anytime Blue!::
 
::Shu I need you over here!:: Ryo ordered. Their leader was slowly beginning to lose strength.
 
Shu exchanged a look with Touma before leaving the younger of the four to defend himself. The archer watched him leave before he rushed toward higher ground. He leaped onto a taller building, aiming at the soldiers on his friends' backs. He became so focused that he never realized that a person was behind him until he felt something hit him in the back of the knees.
 
`Shit!' was Touma's last thought, falling from the roof. He groaned, trying to get back up on his feet but his head was spinning. `I'm getting too old for this…' he thought bitterly to himself.
 
A flash of light from a sword brought him out of his thoughts, pulling his bow in from of him to protect himself. More blades seemed only to come out of no where, pulling Tenku's golden bow away from Touma's shaking hands. He closed his eyes, waiting for the quick pain and death. ::Goodbye my friends:: he passed on, waiting for the final blow.
 
Nothing happened.
 
::Am I dead yet?:: he inquired, opening his eyes slowly.
 
::No you're not dead and you weren't even close to it Touma-chan!:: An unfamiliar voice answered him, surprising the archer.
 
Looking up from his seated position, he could see a broad sword glinting in the darkness. It seemed to glow like the green armor standing before him. Finding this to be an opportunity, he tried to rise on his own but to no avail. He cried out, feeling an unbearable pain. He felt arms surround him, helping him to rise. Touma looked at the warrior's face for the first time.
 
The man smiled. “That sure was a pretty bad fall Touma. I think you might of broke something there but don't worry, I'll fix it once this is all over.”
 
“Who? Who are you?” Touma demanded, trying to move away from the man's supporting arms.
 
“I'm an ally if that helps. My name doesn't matter right now, does it?” the armored man replied. “Touma, can you finish off these troops?”
 
Touma nodded, taking back his bow from the man's hands, notching a golden arrow. Gathering the rest of his strength, he concentrated on his last blow. “ShinKuHa!” he screamed, releasing the last source of his strength. All went dark as he completely collapsed in the waiting arms of the stranger.
 
 
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
 
Ryo looked around the empty streets seeing no sign of any more foes or Touma. He knew Touma wasn't in good condition. He could feel the other's pain. The last message from the archer shaken him a bit. ::Goodbye my friends::
 
Shu came behind him, patting his back. “Its okay Ryo. We know Touma wouldn't just run off without us. He still has some left over cake to finish.”
 
Shin sighed, trying to keep his cool. He knew Shu was just trying to keep everyone in good spirits but thinking about food was not helping anything. ::Shu it isn't time to talk about food.::
 
Kayura looked at the horizon until she heard Nausti breath. “Oh my god! Touma!” She looked where Nausti ran, seeing a person walking toward them with something in his arms. Her eyes widened at the scene she saw.
 
“It can't be.”
 
The stranger in green armor came closer. “Hey guys, Touma's in pretty bad shape. He fell off the roof. We need to get him home ASAP.”
 
“No…it can't be,” Shin sputtered, staring at the person holding Touma.
 
“Seiji?”
*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*
 
 
Okay so that's the end of Chapter 1! Yea-cookies for everyone! Now for the questions!
 
Where has Seiji been all this time? Who are these new goonies? Is Touma going to recover? How is Touma going to react to Seiji being back now? You want to know the answers-then I guess you'll have to review!
 
Stay tuned for chapter 2!