Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Dreamless Love ❯ Unexpectant Visitors ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Dreamless Love
Chapter 5
By: Life the Fay
 
Author Notes: I just want to thank everyone that has taken the time to read this story so far. This is the first story that I have actually worked on for a year and hearing from all of you to continue brings me so much encouragement. I just want to thank my reviewers: wlk68, Hellfire, Halo's Darling Strata's Desire, Arrowsphere, Sayuri Makato, narakunohime, t.g., and Lady Date. You guys are the best and I hope you are still enjoying this story so far. I also like to thanks others that are still reading but haven't reviewed!
 
Disclaimer: I do not own the YST/RW whatsoever. They belong to Sunrise and other companies.
 
~*~
 
The Mashos stood around Kayura, weapons drawn out. Their defenses were weakening; they all could feel their enemy tear them apart slowly. They winced in pain as each one was sliced open. They now could hear the orders shouted out by the troops. They were right outside of the door that held them. Overwhelming fear swelled through the three standing, knowing their enemy banged on the doors that protected them now.
 
“How much longer until they barge in?” Nazza asked, fighting the fatigue that had been eating at him for days now.
 
“It could be hours or even a day. I don't know. Just hold on,” Anubis answered, looking down at the young woman in the middle. She remained still and oblivious to the world around her. “Hopefully she will be finished with what she is doing soon.”
 
Rajura nodded. “I hope so as well,” he muttered, looking around the room for the hundredth time. “Next time I am picking the room to get stuck in.”
 
Nazza chuckled nervously. “Be sure that it has some way of escape other than the main entrance.”
 
The short discussion was disrupted by the sound of someone taking their first breathing awhile. The trio looked down, finding Kayura alert, slumped on the ground trying to regain her breath. They knelt beside her, assisting her any way they could.
 
“How did it go Kayura?”
 
She turned her head toward the direction of the voice. Her vision was slightly blurry and she could barely make out the blurry green hair. She smiled faintly, letting herself be assistated by Rajura. “The plan worked. I found the spirit that would be more than willing to help the Troopers. In order for it to have a body, I gave it Oni.”
 
The four smiled, relieved that the planned was successful. No matter what happened now, they had a hope and peace that the Troopers would be able to protect the world.
 
Rajura sighed. “Well in that case we have no reason to sit here and wait. Now is the time to attack while we have some strength left.”
 
Anubis agreed. He looked to Kayura, concerned. “Are you up to it Lady Kayura?”
 
The woman looked up at the three Mashos. She was regaining her normal body functions rapidly. Nodding in agreement, she grasped her staff from the ground, “No matter what happens Mashos, I am proud to call you my friends. It has been an honor to fight along side all of you.”
The four warriors took a moment to stay lighthearted before opening the doors and taking down anyone that stood in their way of freedom.
 
~*~
 
It had been one crazy morning for any person however for Nasuti; it was almost a normal morning. She was use to the abnormal happenings in her household. Since the Troopers had left her house and began living their own lives, she had slightly missed the unusual they brought into her home. Having to survive a morning where she nearly lost Ryo in a dream and then Touma passing out from a memory lapse made the stress unbearable. So she decided to take a jog, relieving the tension. As she listened to the music on her MP3 player, she went over everything that had happen for the past couple of weeks.
 
`Touma's Birthday, Seiji returns with this enemy called Yumi…Kayura leaves with the Mashos, but doesn't keep in touch with any of the guys. Ryo gets trapped in a dream about Kayura who morphs in a guy…and then this enemy wants Touma. Honestly, none of this makes sense.' She thought, realizing that while she was stuck in her thoughts, her jog became a sprint. She stopped, leaning against a tree to catch her breath. `I guess this is really beginning to bother me. I have always been able to help the guys. Why can't I find the answers to this riddle now?'
 
She paused, heard feet crunching leaves with each step. Glancing behind the tree, she quickly turned away. There beyond the trees was a man, walking towards her. She huddled beside the tree, trying to stay hidden while she considered of ways to get away quick without resulting in hurting someone. Her curiosity killed her though as to whom the person was. Stepping out from her protective tree, she crouched down into a defensive position. “Who are you?”
 
The man seemed to ignore her, keeping to himself as he stepped over a small bush. In a matter of a minute he stood face to face with Nasuti, grinning from amusement at the woman. “Well, I assume one of the Troopers taught you how to defend yourself Nasuti. Ryo, I assume…he needs to teach you pick fights now.”
 
Dumbfounded, Nasuti lowered her guard. “It can't be you…can it?”
 
The man looked at himself, as if surprised to see himself in a solid form. “I guess it is me…I hope I don't look as bad as you're making me feel like. I have to look somewhat presentable for the Troopers after all.”
 
~*~
 
Seiji sighted, pulling his hair back from his face. “Look, I know it was stupid of me to think Touma remembered me and our relationship and to just kiss him like that. I know that and I'm sorry. I just…was caught off guard for a second.”
 
“That is not an excuse Seiji! For all you know, Touma can seriously be hurt from your little action. He could be worse off than when he found out he lost you completely! How the hell are we going to explain this one in his delicate state? `Oh Touma you went and decided to forget your lover and now he's back?' I bet he would love that,” Ryo spat, hitting his fist in the wall.
 
Shin bit his lip. “Ryo calm down, it was merely an accident and Touma is fine, so cut Seiji some slack. If anything, Seiji has had it rougher than any of us. While we have had our comforts, Seiji has gone through hell and back again for two years and then he comes out to find out his only hope and the love of his life decided to forget him. If I was in his place, I don't know what I would do with myself,” Shin coaxed, seating himself on the couch next to Shu, who had wrapped his arm around him. He smiled, massaging his temples. He had just mind melded with the archer and had found out no damage had happen. Touma's memories were beginning to heal even, Seiji appearing in a few of them.
 
Shu nodded in agreement. “From what I understand, Touma had already began to figure out old Blondie here isn't just some random person from the street he meet a couple of weeks ago. He was just getting it messed up with déjà vu and Seiji corrected him. There is nothing wrong with that.”
 
Ryo grumbled, plotting himself in the recliner. “Okay, fine. I'll let this one go for now as long as Touma is alright. That is what is important. So what now?”
 
Shin flinched, getting up from his seat abruptly. He stared off into the hallway. “Look presentable, Nasuti brought company with her.”
 
The other three stood up, following the auburn haired man, afraid that he may had lost his mind scavenging through Touma's brain. Just as they came into the foyer, Nasuti greeted Shin as she took of her running shoes. Beside her was a tall man. They all stared in sheer skepticism. It couldn't be?
 
The man smiled, bowing his head. “Hello Troopers. It has been a long time since I seen all of you. You all have grown up over the past seven some years. You actually look like men now instead of little boys.”
 
Shu blinked. ::Dude, is he a zombie or something from my imagination.::
 
::No, I can see him too…and zombies don't exist as far as I'm concerned,:: Ryo replied, taking the man's jacket.
 
Shin was the first to snap out of the shock, smiling nervously. “Umm…I guess I should make some more coffee. Do you drink coffee, Shuten?”
 
Shuten straightened out his sleeve. “Tea would be wonderful Suiko if you don't mind.”
 
~*~
 
Touma woke up swiftly, panting for breath. His head pounded as if someone had banged it against the wall a dozen of times while he had slept. He looked around his old room, surprised no one was around to check on him. Remembering the kiss and his last conversation with Seiji, he pushed the blankets off of him. He was determined more than ever to find the truth that was locked away from him. He had an idea the guys would hide all evidence in a place they would least expect him to look. `The attic!'
 
He crept into the hallway, attentive where everyone was. He didn't want to be caught trying to find his evidence. He could hear the guys downstairs, Shin and Shu trying to calm Ryo down as the leader yelled at Seiji. Touma winced, feeling guilty that the blonde had to endure Rekka's wrath because of him.
 
Pulling the small cord in the ceiling, he brought down a small staircase. He slowly walked up them, attempting to make no sound. He looked around the cramped room filled with boxes and boxes of clothes, holiday ornaments and things they all had left behind years ago. Maneuvering around the room, he noticed a box duct taped around plenty of times too many. `Bingo!'
 
Grapping the large, light weighted box, he skillfully ripped it open. Being an expert from all the presents Shu had given him over the years, it only took a matter of seconds. Opening the box was like finding the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow fro the blue haired man. Inside was load of pictures, each with the blonde.
 
“Jackpot,” He whispered to know one in particular, digging more into the box. All the photos ranged from the battles with Arago, graduation and even some he assumed were no older than two years old. `But I feel like I only have met him just weeks ago…what did I do to make myself believe Seiji just came into existence?'
 
Getting own to the bottom of the box, he found a small photo album and journals-HIS journals. He grabbed the album and stack of journals, laying them in his lap. Opening the photo album first, he glanced at each page, knowing he had found his answers and had gained even more questions.
 
~*~
 
Seiji felt when Touma woke up, and when he escaped from his room. Although he was more than ready to rush to the archer's side, he remained still. Touma wanted space at the moment and also, Shuten was back from the dead. Whatever the man had to say had to be important. He noticed he wasn't the only one having difficulty going after Touma.
 
“Are we just going to let him be?” Shu asked.
 
“I would advice that. He needs to learn the truth on his own. He knows his limits and he also knows you all are here when he needs answers,” Shuten counseled, sipping his tea slowly.
 
Nasuti moved to sit next to Ryo. “Shuten, what are you doing here? We all thought you had died…and now you are here, alive.”
 
“You are correct Nasuti, I have been dead these past years. Its just I have been called up to arms again. Kayura sent me in her place, giving me Oni in order to stand before you as a mortal,” Shuten explained. “It seems like the Mashos were ambushed in the Nether Realm and are now trapped there. They didn't think they would get to you all in time to warn you of Yume's powers. So they sent me in their place.”
 
“So that's why we haven't heard from the Mashos,” Shin muttered out loud.
 
Shu shifted in his seat, resting his elbows on his knees. “So Yume is after the Nether Realm now. What is that going to do?”
 
“Once Yume controls the Nether Realm, he won't have to just come after all of you in the dream realm. He will have armies that can attack here, hurting you physically,” Shuten answered.
 
“There's one thing that I don't understand about this guy,” Ryo stated. “Yume never has appeared physically. Every time one of us has seen him, it has been in a dream. I know he is real, but it doesn't make sense. Why does he try to harm us when it doesn't hurt our flesh? Why has he never appeared in person? Why is he after Touma?”
 
“Wonderful questions Ryo. As you all should know, Yume is very much like Rajura. He has always been good at illusions and he uses them to his advantage. Unlike your other enemies, Yume is a spirit and thus he can only hurt you spiritually.”
 
“What about the cuts I found on Ryo?” Nasuti mentioned.
 
“Yume was using illusions. He can use them in the physical world and in the dream world. After all, he was human once. He does have a connection to this realm. He probably wanted you to see that Ryo was in a battle so you could alert the Troopers and perhaps attack Tenku,” Shuten explained. “Yume has never appeared in a physical state because he was banished from it centuries ago. I don't know the story well, but I do know it has something to do with Tenku.”
 
Seiji looked up at the mention of Yume and Tenku. “I know it. My friend from the dream realm, Sachiko, told me a little about it.”
 
“Tell us about it Seiji. Obviously my grandfather didn't know about it and Shuten doesn't know it well either. Perhaps it might explain why he's after Touma,” Nasuti said.
 
“From what I remember, Tenku and Yume were once friends. They grew up in the same village but one day Tenku left. Years went by and the village was invaded. Many were killed and others were taken as prisoners. Because of his gifts, Yume was spared as long as he worked for the Master. He accepted. It wasn't but a couple of months that he stood face to face with Tenku as enemies. Tenku forever sealed him from the physical world. Ever since then, Yume has hated Tenku and has haunted his family since. He believes Tenku has that key…and he wants it badly,” Seiji enlightened the group.
 
“So, this Yume is after a key,” Shu observed. “So he can invade this world and do what with it?”
 
“I don't know that much, but I sure as hell don't want to find out about it. I wanted to finish him off before he even saw the key,” Shuten indicated. “I believe once he has gained power to invade this realm, there will be no stopping him.”
 
Ryo shifted in his seat nervously. “Heh…so we have to attack now. We aren't even ready for this.”
 
“Have faith Ryo. I will help you with all that I can before we strike,” Shuten assured, resting his hand on Ryo's shoulder.
 
“This is all wonderful but, when are we going to tell Touma? So far he has been left out of everything. Sooner or later he will have to come into this fight. After all, this is more of his fight than any of ours,” Shin declared.
 
“That isn't my job to say. That is something the three of you will have to figure out on your own.” Shuten retorted. “Once you tell him one piece though, you will have to tell him everything. Are you ready to do that?”
 
Shu, Shin, Seiji and Ryo glanced at each other, seeking out the answer to that question. Could they really tell everything to their beloved friend that couldn't even handle a kiss at this point of time?
 
~*~
 
Touma groaned, massaging his temples. He had a massive headache from the revelations he had uncovered in the attic of Nasuti's house. What he had thought over the past two years was proved wrong with endless pictures and his own journals. Closing his eyes, he was thankful he was home now. All he had to do now was to get rid of this headache.
 
Warm hands rested on his shoulders, kneading his tense shoulders. Touma opened his eyes sleepily. Violet eyes stared right back at him. “Hmmm…you are really good at this.”
 
“You should go to bed Touma. You have had a long weekend. Plus, you have work tomorrow,” Seiji whispered, lifting the archer up in his arms.
 
Touma groaned. “Honestly Seiji, I'm a big boy now and I can walk myself to my room.”
 
“Yes, I know that quit well however, it doesn't hurt to get help once in awhile,” the blonde teased, depositing the blue haired man onto his bed. Pulling the blankets up, he tucked Touma in. “Now you stop fussing and get some sleep.”
 
Touma rolled his eyes. “Okay mom.”
 
Seiji smacked his hand, chuckling at the startled yelp from the archer. “Brat,” he muttered, starting to walk toward the door. “Good night Touma-chan.” Just before he was arms reach though, he felt a hand grab for his. He turned around, confused by the reaction. He looked at the midnight blue eyes that pleaded for something. “What is it Touma?”
 
The archer sighed. “Seiji, I'm sorry.”
 
Bewildered, Seiji decided he should stay and sit on the bed next to his former lover. “Sorry? What is there to be sorry for Touma-chan?”
 
“I found the pictures of us together Seiji. We weren't just close friends but…lovers. I wasn't ready to believe it until I found my old journals. They told me everything. I also found this,” he held out his hand where a silver ring was shinning on his ring finger. “Inside it says Touma and Seiji forever, but that didn't happen that way. Once I lost you, I decided to do the stupidest thing-forget you. I should have held on to your memory…for that, I'm sorry.”
 
Seiji took Touma's hand into his. He couldn't take it seeing his blue haired angel in pain. “Touma, you don't need to worry about this. It's all in the past. It's not going to help anything now. All you need to do now is start regaining your memory.”
 
Touma sighed. “I guess you're right. But Seiji…I do have a request.”
 
Seiji smiled. “What is it?”
 
“Could you sleep here with me tonight?”
 
Seiji hesitated for a moment, staring at the beautiful midnight blue eyes. Although he was more than willing to comply, he was afraid it could harm the man he loved. `You have already caused trouble by kissing him today. You shouldn't even think of doing something else.' He turned his gaze away from the mesmerizing eyes only to be caught by surprise. On the small nightstand was a small silver frame with a picture of Touma and the blonde on their `wedding' day.
 
Touma bite his lip, afraid the blonde would say no. He looked down at his hands, moving the small band around his finger nervously. Before leaving the mansion, he had collected all the photos in the box he had found and scattered them around the mansion and also took many of them home. No longer was he going to live with the lies he had lived with for the past two years and neither were the people that he loved so much. He was ready to continue with his life and start over with Seiji. Touma yelped when the bed shifted under him. So entranced with his thoughts, he never heard Seiji's agreement. He blushed, sinking into the blankets to hide his red cheeks.
 
Seiji chuckled at the archer's reaction, adjusting his pillow. “Goodnight Touma-chan,” he whispered, turning off the lamp next to the bed. He was surprised to feel a body cuddle next to his own. He wrapped an arm securely around Touma, feeling a hand lace into his. For the first time in a long time, he welcomed the darkness knowing there was something to hold onto in it.
 
“Goodnight Seiji.”
 
~*~
 
Yume stood on the roof of the tall building, observing the wide view of the Nether Realm. Since Kayura had been in charge, the scenery had improved greatly, taking the spirit off guard. Soon he would control all of it. `But it is not enough still,' he thought bitterly. His main objective was still to get his revenge on Tenku for throwing him away into the dream realm. Never would he forget that. Once he had his freedom, he would get everything he wanted.
 
“This time Tenku, it will be I who will be at the top,” Yume vowed, lost in his memories that only filled him with further resentment.
 
To be continued…
 
~*~
 
So…I would like to announce that I am now a graduate! Yay! I finally am out of high school! Just a random thought that has made me really proud. I wanted to get this chapter out before I did graduate but…it didn't happen. Sorry.
 
So I hope this chapter was a bit interesting. The next chapter is when all my action will start. So onto the questions: What is the history between Tenku and Yumi? What is the key? Where is the key? How is Seiji going to handle all the limits he has with Touma? How is Touma going to get his memory back? What can Shuten do? What happened to Kayura and the Mashos?
 
Find that all out in the next chapters! Please review! It makes me happy!