Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Eternal Flames ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Eternal Flames Ch.2

Slight drizzle fell from the sky, sprinkling Leslie's face as she ran deeper into the forest. The wind whipped across her face, making her raven colored hair dance in the half -hidden moonlight.

*What the hell are they after me for?* her mind screamed, making her turn her head and watch the creatures behind her continue in pursuit.

*Jeez, one moment I'm having a snack, the next I'm being chased by a bunch of frea-.*

Her train of thought was interrupted however, tripping on a raised tree root. Slamming to the ground full force, pain shot through her ankle as it twisted inhumanly with a snap.

"Ahhh!" she screamed, biting her lip in frustration as well as pain. Raising her dirt smudged pant leg; colors of deep purple and blue were evidence of the immense strain the ankle was under. This was to go unheeded though, as the "freaks" rapidly approached, stopping just few feet away.

"We'll looks like our wench here has hurt herself." One of the creatures hissed, his voice sending a shiver down her spine.

"Get away from me you soulless bastards." the anger evident in her voice. She struggled to her feet taking on a defense position that had long ago been engrained deep in her mind.

"With that injured leg, you're defenseless. So, why don't you just give up and accept the Dynasty. Our Master Daemon would prefer to keep you alive."

"I don't care what the hell your "Master Daemon" wants." She responded icily, spitting at the demon's feet.

"Who said we cared what you wanted. But, since you're so intent on making things difficult, I'll be sure to make your death slow and pain full."

"Over my dead body."

"Naturally." The demon sneered, beginning his descent toward her.

Readying herself for the attack, she was unprepared for the event that unfolded before her. From the shadows of nearby bushes came a low growl, almost inaudible at first. Both Leslie and the demon; turned to the bushes; met by a pair of piercing ice blue eyes.

"Step away from the girl, demon; before I bite of that poor excuse you have for a head." A voice rang through her head. The voice was cold, and practically emotionless; except for the hint of steel that seemed to echo through each word.

"This is no concern of yours. Master Daemon views her as a threat; so she must be eliminated." the demon stated. Turning his back from the hidden voice, he again faced Leslie, who had not dropped from her fighting pose though her eyes betrayed what her mind was really focused on. "Besides, what is this girl to you?" the creature sneered. It stepped toward Leslie, a look of evil malice on his disfigured face. With claws extended, his mouth hung slightly a gap, from which milky saliva fell. Landing on the ground, it hissed and seethed from which it disappeared, leaving scorch marks in it's place. Within seconds however, he was on the ground, disoriented and confused. Stumbling to his feet, he turned to the creature before him giving a maliciuos sneer. His right arm and right leg were utterly useless, hanging on by a few strands of mutilated tendon.

"So Ataku, you've returned. That is surprising" sarcasm dripping from ever word that fell from the demon's lips.

"Especially after what happened last time Now what was it that happened. Oh yes, I killed you! And I almost had that disgusting tiger friend of yours, until that bitch woman showed up!. he screamed

"You were mistaken. As you can see now I'm here. " Ataku replied calmly.

"Not for long. This time I'll finish you off for good! he screamed; lunging at him with full force. Sidestepping from the creature's attack, Ataku calmly faced the demon once more; waiting for its next move.