Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Family Debts ❯ Part Six ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Family Debts
By Janime
Part Six
Sekhmet, Cale, Dayus, and Kayura went with Parz and Altyno to where Jinmin had said to meet. Parz teleported everyone to the warehouse parking lot. Jinmin was standing there holding a sword, still sheathed, in his hand. They saw Kiyaa standing behind him by the warehouse.
Sekhmet's heart leapt to his throat as he saw Chadih standing next to the Snake-goddess. His daughter still had the blank look in her eyes, relieving him somewhat, knowing that neither of the two abductors had managed to break Parz's spell on her.
"Welcome," Jinmin said. "I'm a little disappointed that you didn't bring Essah with you."
"I did ask him to come," said Parz. "But he chose not to."
"Because he knows I'll rip his heart out and hand it to him on a platter." Jinmin pulled out the sword and tossed the sheath away.
"You'll never beat him." Parz looked at her brother and he had a grin that said to try him.
"Shall we begin, then?" Jinmin motioned his sword.
Parz removed her cloak and the sword that hung on her back, and handed them to Altyno. She gripped both sleeves and pulled, tearing them at the seams, and tossed them away. Last, she detached the sword at her left hip, removing the sheath and also handed it to Altyno. "Stay back," Parz whispered and she walked towards her brother.
Sekhmet looked at the other sword resting in Altyno's hands and thought, Why doesn't she use both of them?
Parz held her sword up as she took her stance. Jinmin swayed a little and then attacked. She jumped over him, bringing her sword down only to have it blocked by Jinmin's. Parz jumped back and went for Jinmin's side. He dodged quickly and sliced at her right arm, leaving a small gash just above her elbow. Parz countered, catching Jinmin on his left thigh. Everyone saw the blood through the cut in his pants.
Jinmin glowered at Parz and finally threw an energy wave at his sister, sending her flying backwards. The sword fell from her hand as she landed, skittering away to the other side of the parking lot.
Parz glanced at her sword. Jinmin ran at her and Parz quickly threw an energy wave at him in defense. Jinmin's sword was knocked out of his hand and flew towards the building, just missing Kiyaa and Chadih. Kiyaa held Chadih to her protectively. Jinmin glared at his sister with hatred and she smirked at him. Cale and Dayus grabbed Sekhmet as their friend tried to run to his daughter.
>>Sekhmet, << Essah's voice came to his mind.
>>Father? << Sekhmet's eyes glanced around him. >>Where are you? <<
>>We're in the woods. <<
>>We…? << Sekhmet probed with his mind and gasped as he felt all the Snake-gods. >>Does Kiyaa know that all of you are here? <<
>>No, she doesn't, << his father answered. >>Kiyaa is not welcome among us anymore. She's exiled from us, and can no longer hear us in her mind or send anything to us. It's a method that hasn't been used among our people in centuries. <<
>>But why are all of you here? << Sekhmet asked. >>I thought that you said-<<
>>Parz has a link to Jinmin as you and I do, << Essah answered his son. >>It's how he learned that Parz had married and adopted the boy over six hundred years ago. We couldn't take the chance of Jinmin finding out that we're here. <<
>>Can Parz defeat him? << Sekhmet asked.
>>Just watch, my son, << was all that Essah said.
Jinmin and Parz were ripping each other to shreds, as it were. The twins had bloody cuts, scrapes, and bruises on their visible flesh. Parz kicked Jinmin in his head and knocked him to the ground. She drew back her fist to punch him, but Jinmin sent a ball of fire at her. Parz went flying. She hit the ground, rolled a few times, stopped, and lay still.
Jinmin got to his feet and looked at Kiyaa. She smiled broadly at him, her eyes promising him for her real appreciation later. Jinmin looked at the shocked group and laughed.
"Oh no…" Kayura whispered.
"…Parz…" Cale looked at her still form in horror.
>>FATHER! << Sekhmet screamed mentally at him. >>Parz! She-<<
An unearthly howl cut through the air and Parz got to her knees.
>>I said to watch, didn't I, Sekhmet? << Essah chided his son.
Parz raised her head and looked at her brother with glowing eyes. She rose to her feet, burnt pieces of her shirt falling to the ground. Parz balled her hands into fists and crossed them over her chest. The crisscross lines on her left arm seemed to take life and spread through her skin. Parz raised her fists into the air. She threw back her head and screamed the unearthly howl again. The wind picked up around her, collecting dust and obscuring Parz from everyone's view. As the howl quieted, the wind died and the dust began to settle. Everyone gasped.
What was standing where Parz had once been was definitely not human.
"Holy…" Dayus trailed off.
"What the hell?" Cale murmured.
>>Beautiful, isn't she? << Essah asked.
>>She?! << Sekhmet blinked. >>That's… Parz?! <<
It- Parz was ten feet tall, dark blue skin, well muscled, two golden-colored horns above her temples pointing outwards with two smaller ones next to them, fangs, claws, and long pointed ears. The crisscross lines had now covered the same areas where the scales covered the Snake-gods. All that remained was Parz's black and white streaked hair.
>>What the hell did she do to herself?! << Sekhmet asked.
>>It's her alternate form. << Essah began to explain. >>Ahkrushians can turn into beings like Parz has - although hers is a lot better than the ones I've seen for myself. When they're in their alternate form, they are many times stronger than their birth form. <<
>>So there's still a chance she can win, << Sekhmet's eyes widened. >>But what about Jinmin? He has an alternate form too, doesn't he? <<
>>Parz is very strong, Sekhmet, << Essah calmed him. >>Believe me, I know. I trained her. <<
Sekhmet felt a little guilt from his father, but decided to ask about it later and he turned his attention back to Parz.
Jinmin smiled, half surprised - half humored. "So, you finally accept what you are."
"I accepted it a long time ago," Parz said in a very deep voice that no longer sounded human. "I always hated this half of me. I always enjoyed being human." She narrowed her eyes at him. "But to stop your insanity, I will do whatever it takes. Even if that means using all that I have from the half of me that I despise so much."
"Be that as it may," said Jinmin as his eyes started to glow. "This has to be a fair fight." He crossed his arms over his chest and transformed into a similar being like his twin sister. The only difference between them was that Jinmin's skin was a sickly grayish color. "Now the real fun begins." Jinmin said in a deep voice, and he charged at his sister.
>>Sekhmet, it would be wise to move away from where you are. << Essah advised him.
>>I've noticed, << Sekhmet backed away and the others followed, not taking their eyes off the twins. One slight glance away from them would no doubt be fatal.
Parz and Jinmin were literally tearing up the parking lot and throwing the pieces of asphalt at each other, along with energy waves and other power spells. When the twins got close to each other, they'd lash out, striking the other with their claws leaving nasty marks.
Jinmin picked up a huge piece of asphalt and threw it at his sister. Parz jumped out of the way and the debris kept hurtling through the air.
Straight towards Kiyaa and Chadih.
Sekhmet felt his blood freeze and he couldn't move. He opened his mouth to scream for his daughter, but nothing would come out. Chadih was going to die. Again. And there was nothing he could-
Jinmin suddenly appeared in front of Kiyaa and Chadih, and caught the asphalt piece. The impact pushed him back, but he stopped just a few feet away from his lover and the girl. Jinmin threw the rock to the side and glared at Parz. Neither of them moved. After what felt like an eternity, the twins reverted back to their human forms, looking beaten to hell and the crisscross lines retreated, but stopped at their left cheeks.
>>What's going on? << Sekhmet asked his father.
>>The fight is over, << Essah told him.
Sekhmet frowned a little. >>How can it be over? Both of them are still standing. <<
Jinmin stepped towards his sister and said something that she could only understand. Parz nodded and Jinmin walked back to Kiyaa and Chadih. Sekhmet gasped as the trio disappeared.
Parz fell to her knees. Cale was the first one to reach her and he held Parz tightly, not caring about the blood getting on his clothes, and he stroked her hair. "Are you all right?" he asked.
Parz nodded and relaxed into his arms. Can't stay here forever, she thought and started to get up.
"Where did they take Chadih?" Sekhmet asked.
"I know where they are," Parz said, leaning onto Cale for support. "I'll take you there."
"Just tell us where and we'll go," said Sekhmet. "You need to rest."
"No." Parz rubbed her left shoulder. Grows after every time I change. "I have to be there."
"But-"
"If you want to see your daughter, Sekhmet, don't argue."
That did it. Sekhmet closed his mouth.
>>Never argue with her, << Essah said. >>You'll never win. <<
>>Are you coming? << Sekhmet asked.
>>Yes, we'll follow you. <<
When Parz had regained enough strength, she teleported them to a mountain forest overlooking the city. Kiyaa had her hands on Chadih's shoulders and she kept looking at Jinmin with a slightly confused expression.
She's not the only one, Sekhmet thought.
Jinmin's expression was blank. He looked at Parz and the twins walked towards each other, stopping about ten feet away. Jinmin narrowed his eyes at Parz. "You win," he said. "The child is yours."
"WHAT?!" Kiyaa screamed.
Sekhmet couldn't believe what he heard either. Parz had won! Chadih was free!
>>I told you, << Essah's voice came to Sekhmet.
>>She won… << Sekhmet smiled broadly as the happiness flooded through him. >>How did- never mind! I don't care! <<
Jinmin turned to Kiyaa. "She won," he repeated. "The prize she claimed was the girl."
"How could you!" Kiyaa shrieked at him. "You never asked me!"
"Jinmin slaughtered an entire village when we fought over five hundred years ago," said Parz. "I didn't even know them. Only the Old Ones know what he'd done to them. So why shouldn't I claim her as my prize without your consent?"
"She's mine." Kiyaa picked Chadih up and started backing away. "She's mine!"
"No, she is not." Essah said and came into view.
"You!" Kiyaa hissed. "You did all this! Slavery wasn't enough, was it? You knew eventually we'd be free from Talpa, and you kept that little bitch alive just so you could torment me!"
"That's enough, Kiyaa!" Xiyaln said as the rest of the Snake-gods came into view. "Listen to me. Your daughter is dead. Stop trying to take another's to claim as your own!"
"I gave her life!" Kiyaa shouted.
"And Sekhmet gave her love," said Parz. "Both are very important. But the latter means a lot more." She walked towards Kiyaa. "She's my prize. Give her to me."
Kiyaa looked at Jinmin, silently begging him for help. He gave her an apologetic look and turned his head away. Kiyaa turned and started to run, but she felt herself freeze and an invisible force made her arms release Chadih. She watched the little girl float in the air to Parz's outstretched arms. Kiyaa shook her head violently. "She's mine!"
"Over six hundred years ago, I raised a boy that was half-Snake-god." Parz said. "I found him by a small river nearing the winter." Xiyaln looked at her. Parz went on, "For seven years he called me 'mother', and I couldn't have loved him any more than if he had been born from me. He was my son." Parz held Chadih up a little. "Her name is Naaza Chadih. Sekhmet is her father."
"NOOOOOO!" Kiyaa shrieked and ran at Parz.
Before anyone could blink, Xiyaln moved in front of Kiyaa and stabbed the other Snake-goddess through her chest. Kiyaa gasped and looked at her former friend. Tarynl came up behind Kiyaa and plunged his knife in her back, and she cried out. The Snake-gods who once had a child that was half-human, each took their turn attacking Kiyaa.
Essah, Parz, and the Warlords looked on with pity. The Snake-gods moved away, leaving a blood-covered Kiyaa lying on the ground.
Jinmin stared at her, completely horrified. "Kiyaa!" He ran to Kiyaa and held her in his arms.
She looked at him distantly. She was dying and Jinmin didn't know how to save her. Kiyaa looked at Parz, still holding Chadih in her arms. She reached out her hand shakily. "My… daughter…" Kiyaa gasped and coughed up blood.
"Is in the house of the dead," said Parz. "You might see her there, if Cerberus ever permits you to leave hell, Kiyaa."
Tears ran down Kiyaa's cheeks. Little one… Her hand dropped to the ground and Kiyaa's thoughts, breath, and heartbeats were no more.
Jinmin shook his head and held Kiyaa's body tightly, burying his face into her neck.
Parz set Chadih on her feet. She placed her hands on the girl's head and whispered a chant.
Chadih blinked and looked around. "Where…? Parz?"
"Chadih?"
"Daddy?" she looked at her father.
Sekhmet ran to his daughter, falling to his knees, and gathered Chadih into his arms, hugging her.
"Daddy, what happened?" Chadih asked.
"I'll tell you when we get home." Sekhmet answered her. He felt tears in his eyes and he didn't care if he did cry right there.
"How touching," Jinmin said. Parz looked at her brother. He was standing with Kiyaa lying at his feet. "It truly is," he said. "However, I still have some unfinished business." Jinmin pulled out what looked like a whip. He swung it and it wrapped around Essah's torso. Jinmin yanked Essah into the air then slammed the Snake-god into the ground next to Kiyaa's body.
"Essah!"
"Grandpa!"
"Father!"
"JINMIN!" Parz screamed, looking at her brother horrified.
"Our last battle, Parz." Jinmin said. "No more fighting, I did promise." He smiled at her. "I'm just taking care of something that should have been done a very long time ago. Taking revenge on our father's murderer!"
"But you-"
"I made you think all this time that I was going to kill Sekhmet. In a way I wanted to, just to see the look on Essah's face when I killed his only son."
"Jinmin, listen to me." Parz begged.
"No! If want to believe the lies he's told you, then be my guest. Now you listen to me, Parz, Sekhmet, and all you Snake-god shits!" Jinmin grabbed Essah's hair and pulled back his head. "Look upon Essah for the last time!"
A portal opened behind Jinmin and he jumped through it, taking Essah and Kiyaa's body with him.
As the portal started to close, Parz threw her sword and it stopped the closing. That won't hold it for long, she thought and started to run to it.
"Parz! Wait!" Sekhmet called after her. He stripped off his jacket and wrapped it around Chadih, then took his Armor Sphere out of his pocket and handed it to her. "Chadih, I want you to hold onto that for me, okay?" he asked and she nodded. Sekhmet picked her up and gave her to Dayus.
"What are you doing?" Kayura asked.
"If anything happens," said Sekhmet, "I want all of you to take care of Chadih."
"Sekhmet!" cried Dayus.
"Promise me!" Sekhmet looked at them. He was answered with reluctant nods.
"Daddy…" Chadih looked at him.
Sekhmet kissed her cheek. "I love you, Chadih," he said. "Always remember that." He quickly ran over to Parz. She now had her other sword strapped across her back. Parz looked at Altyno and the servant girl nodded.
"Let's go," said Parz and jumped through the portal with Sekhmet.
The sword popped out and skittered across the ground to Altyno's feet. She picked it up and placed it back in the sheath. "Good luck, you two." Altyno prayed as they watched the portal close.