Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Family ❯ And things go downhill ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I really didn't have anytime to react as the door swung open quickly and bashed me right in the face. I stumbled back, stifling a yell as blood began to gush from my nose.
A woman wearing faded sweatpants and a stained t-shirt glared at me from the doorway. “ What the hell do you want?” She asked in a voice laced with venom. Her dirty hair was held back in curlers and she looked like she may not have slept in about 3 days.
I winced and extended a non-bloody hand to her. “ My name is Cye Mouri…it's um…nice to meet you ma'am.”
She looked at my hand as if it carried the plague. “So you're that little brat that's been sent to live with us?” She took a drag from her cigarette and rolled her eyes, walking back inside.
I wiped my hands on my shirt, vaguely aware that my nose was still bleeding, and grabbed my bag, following her inside.
The woman was sitting in the living room on an old faded couch. That is, if you'd call it a couch. It looked a little like a really big, broken beanbag chair with a lavender drape over it. In fact, the entire room kind of looked like the couch, old and broken. There was a TV off in the corner and a basket of dirty laundry sitting in front of it. Pizza boxes and beer bottles littered the floor and the faint smell of sour milk and vomit radiated from the carpet. The woman looked up at me and scowled. “Are you still here?” she growled at me.
I shrugged lightly, shifting my weight from one foot to another. “I…don't really have anywhere else to go.”
She rolled her eyes and pointed upstairs. “Upstairs.”
I looked at the steep stairway warily. “ Um…where upstairs?” I asked softly and as politely as I possibly could.
The woman jumped off the couch pissed. “ Jesus Christ!” She shoved past me so hard it nearly knocked me over and grabbed me roughly by the back of the shirt. She drug me up the stairs, not waiting for me to catch up and threw me into a small wooden door at the tops of the stairs. “Now get your ass inside and don't let me see you for the rest of the night!”
I opened the door slowly and looked at the small room. And I'm not exaggerating about the small part. It was probably no bigger than a well-sized closet. I think it was the attic. “ Um…is this the attic?” I asked for lack of anything better to say.
She blew smoke in my face and growled softly. “ Yeah, you think you deserve better you little prick?”
I shook my head a little. Wow, that was blunt. “No…I just-“
I was cut off as she appeared in front of me and backhanded me hard across the face. I stumbled back. What in the bloody hell-?
“Don't you backtalk me boy.” She snarled fiercely.
“I wasn't I just-“ once again I couldn't finish and she hit me again, kicking me in back of the knee as well to make me fall over. I hit the ground hard and winced as she dug her foot into my ribcage. She glared at me a minute more before spitting at me and walking to the door. “ You better keep it down up here cause if not you'll have hell to pay.” With that she slammed the door and stomped downstairs.
I winced and laid still on the floor, trying to catch my breath. Well that was pleasant. A tiny window sat in the corner of my room as well as a cot that looked like it had come from the 1940's. I tried to sit up but gasped in pain as a sharp bolt from my side shot all the way down my body. Well ok, hello floor.
 
I think I fell asleep laying there cause I jolted awake as a loud bang echoed through the house. The front door slammed and suddenly a bunch of screaming erupted downstairs. I heard a loud slap here and there before the TV was turn on and everything got quiet again.
I tried again to stand up and held my arm across my side. I don't think anything was broken but it still hurt like hell. To add to that discomfort, my stomach growled making me realize that I hadn't eaten much more than some chips and a soda at lunch.
I opened the door slowly and peeked downstairs. The TV was blaring loudly and I could hear faint arguing coming from the living room. I walked down the stairs quietly and tried to make it to the kitchen. No such luck.
Just as I turned the corner, a giant man with cold, hateful eyes appeared in front of me. Uh oh.
“Who said you could come down here? “ He growled.
You know that old saying of something are better left unsaid? Now would have been a good time to remember that golden rule. I felt myself glare at him. I didn't feel like dealing with his crap right now.“ I didn't know I had to be summoned.”
His eyes widened a little. “ What did you say to me, boy?!” He jerked me up by the front of my shirt and slammed me into the wall, making me have a brief flashback of earlier that morning with Hiroto.
Don't repeat yourself. Don't repeat yourself. I begged mentally. “ You heard me.” I snapped back before I could stop myself. Dammit Cye!
Before I could even react, a large fist came flying at me. Direct hit. The man's fist connected squarely with the bridge of my already sore nose. Well hell, if it wasn't broken already, I'm almost certain it is now.
Blood spurted from my nose, dripping down my shirt and onto the floor. I raised my hand to stop it but was slammed into the wall again.
“Now look what you did you little bastard!” the man yelled. He grabbed a handful of my hair and shoved my head into the wall. “ You're disgusting.” He had the nerve to say this as he spit a mouthful of tobacco at a cup on the floor and missed horribly.
I winced. “ Well then it seems we have something in common now don't we?” Dammit to hell! Why can't I shut up?!
It took him a full 2 minutes to grasp what I had said but once he did, it wasn't pretty. I received 4 kicks to the stomach and a few punches in various other places before I was grabbed by the throat and shoved into the wall again.
While struggling to remain conscious I heard the man growl, “If you tell anybody about this I'll kill you.” His face was mere inched from mine and I could smell Jack Daniels and Pizza on his breath. He punched me one last time and threw me to the ground.
I held my stomach and winced, looking around the room for a phone. Well, now's not the time to ask for one. I could just see that conversation. “Yeah, excuse me I'd like to use your phone to report child abuse. Thank you.” *Smack, punch* Oh yeah, not a good plan. I pulled myself painfully off the floor and ran quickly back upstairs before they could catch me again.
 
Laying on the cot in my attic, I mentally checked myself for broken bones. My nose had finally stopped bleeding and was now throbbing painfully with each heartbeat. I'm pretty sure no ribs were broken but I had plenty of bruises across my chest and stomach now. In fact, I'm pretty sure there's a boot imprint somewhere in the midst of all of them.
I winced and let my hand fall to my side. Ok so today pretty much sucked for the most part. *SNAP* I winced as I found myself lying flat on my back staring at the ceiling. Great, my cot broke.
“Can this day get any worse?” I muttered quietly.
A flash of lightening illuminated the dark room, followed by thunder and the sudden downpour of rain which leaked through the roof. I groaned loudly and pulled the sheet over my head, trying to block out some of the rain.
I could hear some rather disturbing noises coming from downstairs and did my best to ignore them. There was a bunch of squeaks and moans and though I probably could have guessed what they indicated, I chose not to.
Well, so much for happily ever after. I thought grimly as I drifted into a restless sleep.
 
 
 
Cye: Why do you hate me?
Me: I don't! I love you!! That's why I'm beating the ever-loving crap out of you!
Cye: You sadist…
Me: *hugs!* Aww! Aren't you precious!