Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Family ❯ Finding safety ( Chapter 27 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Shit!” I tilted his head back and began mouth-to-mouth, breathing slowly to make sure the procedure was doing its job. Several seconds passed with no change and I felt my heart begin to sink. I was afraid to risk CPR for fear of injuring him further but I couldn't see any other alternative.
“Fuck it.” I muttered, positioning my hands on his chest and pushing down. The minutes passed by unbearably slowly and I was starting to lose hope. Tears began to prickled behind my eyes and threatened to spill down but I ignored them, focusing on my task at hand.
“Dammit, Cye! Breathe!” I cried in anger and desperation, my emotions winning over and tears beginning to fall freely down my face.
As if on queue, Cye began to cough loudly, his face contorting in pain. I moved back a little as he rolled over onto his side, coughing and gagging violently until he threw up. His body trembled and he weakly rolled back over onto his back, choking softly.
I helped him sit up a little, cradling him against my shoulder and resting my hand on his chest. His coughing slowly began to subside and turned into a harsh gasp. I could feel his heart pounding beneath my hand as he leaned against me. It was erratic and uneven but at least it was there.
As I held him tightly, I didn't realize that I'd begun to shake as well. “If you ever do anything like that again I'll kill you.” I laughed weakly, forcing myself to calm down for Cye's sake.
Cye smiled faintly and winced. “Hey…Kento…” he whispered softly. “Do me a favor…”
“Yeah buddy, what's wrong?”
Cye moved his hand up slowly to point to the beer bott- Holy shit! There's a fucking beer bottle sticking out of his side!!
“Pull this out…” he pleaded softly, his voice pained.
I hesitated. “Cye…I don't think I should…It could be in there pretty deep…”
He shook his head slowly. “It's not…” he gasped a little. “I can feel it…it's not deep…”
I wasn't convinced. Just because it wasn't deep didn't mean it hadn't pierced something vital. Hell, I'd just revived him a second ago; I didn't want him to bleed out not a minute later.
His hand grasped mine and he looked up at me with tired, glassy eyes. “Please…” he begged weakly, his voice soft and breaking as he asked.
Damn, how can you turn down something like that? “Okay.” I said slowly, straightening my posture a little so I looked braver than I felt. “I'm going to pull it out on 3, okay?”
Cye nodded a little and buried his face in my shoulder, gripping my sleeve weakly.
“Ready? 1…2…” I pulled quickly, the entire bottle sliding out easily and without much resistance, leaving a circular gash buried in his stomach. “…3” I muttered softly, noticing Cye had passed out again against my shoulder.
I pulled off my jacket and pressed it against the wound firmly, my heart feeling heavier as I noticed how bad off he really was. Large bruises every shape and color marred his torso and small scars streaked beneath the bruises and blood creating a morbid patchwork.
Sadness and anger welled inside of me as I looked him over. Anger towards the people who had did this to him and sadness that he had hidden it for so long until it nearly got him killed. If I had gotten here any later…I'd rather not think about that…
“Kento! Cye!” A voice called from the upper floor of the house.
I recognized Ryo's voice and sighed in relief. I slid one of my arms beneath Cye's knees and the other behind his back, lifting him up in a bridal-style hold. “We're down here! In the basement!”
Ryo appeared at the top of the stairs and looked down into the darkness worriedly. “Hey! You okay?'
I cradled Cye a little closer and started to walk towards the stairs. “I am but Cye's not. He's hurt really bad, man. We need to get him to a hospital.”
“No hospitals…”
I looked down as the weak request barely climbed above a whisper. “But Cye…”
“Please…I's be letting down Sister Carla…I can't do that…she'd blame herself… and I don't want anyone else to be hurt because of me…even if the Katsugara's go free…”
“Cye…” I began slowly. “These people almost killed you…they should go to jail…”
“Kento? What's wrong?” Ryo called from the top of the stairs, carefully stepping over the splintered wood so he could see us a little better.
“He said he doesn't want to go to a hospital because he'd feel like he was letting people down.”
“What?! But they tried to kill him!!”
“I know!” I called back, slowly and carefully making my way up the debris-covered steps. I vaguely realized how light Cye was and made a mental note to tube feed him if he didn't start gaining some weight. The boy weighs like 90 lbs!!
Ryo's eyes widened dramatically when he saw the damage that had been done to Cye and gasped. “They…did this to him?” he choked out.
I nodded slowly, the feeling of anger welling up again. “We need to do something quick or he won't make it…”
Just then, Rowen came bounding (yes, bounding) around the corner. “Hey, we called the police and...whoa…” he whispered, trailing off as he got to us. “Oh my God…Sage!!”
“What's wrong? Did you find him?” Sage yelled from upstairs somewhere.
“Get down here now!” Rowen yelled back, touching Cye's face gently as if he were made of glass. “Man…mine was never this bad…”
Sage came down the stairs carefully but quickly and walked over to our little group huddled in the basement doorway. His breath seemed to seize in his throat as he got closer and he looked Cye over with a physician's eye.
“He doesn't want to go to a hospital.” I started slowly, adjusting him in my arms a little so sage could get a better look. `Do you think you could help him/”
Sage nodded slowly after a minute but looked worried. `I can try…but I don't know how much good it would do…”
I shrugged a little. “Works for me.”
“Wait a minute.” Ryo said, stopping us all for the time being. “Where are we going to go? Who wouldn't mind us at their house this late at night?”
 
Who indeed! Lol let me know what you think!!