Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Hidden feelings ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hidden feelings

Chapter 2

In the evening, Seiji was about to go in his room, when the telephone rang. He stopped and picked it up.

"Seiji Date."
"Good evening Seiji, it's Mr. Hashiba. How are you ?"
"... I'm fine, and you ?" Seiji wondered why the father of the archer had called here.
"Fine, thank you. Could you pass me Touma ?"
"You pass Touma ?"
"Yes, I was on line with him a few minutes ago and I forgot to ask him something. Then, can I speak to him ?"
" Yes, well I mean no." The blond couldn't speak. "He's... he's under the shower."
"Then tell him to call me back. It's to ask him if he's free next Sunday to eat with me. Okay ?"
"Okay, I will tell him. Goodbye."
"Thank you and goodbye."

The blond hung up the phone and stayed still, staring in emptiness, wondering why Touma had lied.

"Seiji ? Seiji ?"
"Hmm, what ?" The voice of Shin woke him up from his stupor.
"What's wrong ?" Asked Shin with an interrogative air.
"I don't really know. I received an odd call. Don't worry, nothing serious. Excuse me, I will go to lie down a bit. Good night Shin."
"Good night."

***

Seiji was laying on his bed while thinking of this call. Did he have to call Touma to have an explanation ? After one hour of reflexion, he made up his mind and took the telephone and composed the number of Touma. He felt his heart accelerated when he heard the answering machine.

"You are at Touma Hashiba's house, I cannot answer for the moment, but leave me a message after the beep. BEEP."
"Hi Touma, it's Seiji... Call me... "

Touma was about to leave, when he heard the voice of Seiji. He precipitated on the telephone and picked up.

"Hello, Seiji... You have no idea how glad I'm to hear you." The archer have a smile which illuminated his face.
"Me too Touma."

During a few minutes, they exchanged banalities and laughed at some memories. Then all of a sudden, the ton of the blonde's voice changed.

"Touma, your father would like me to tell you that you call him back, he would like to know if you are free to eat with him next Sunday."
"My... my father ?" The archer turns pale. " You said something to him ?"
"No, I didn't say anything to him. Why did you lied to us ? Why did you lied to ME ?" Seiji had sobs in his voice as he spoke.
"I'm sorry, I didn't want to lie to you and even less to disappoint you." A tear rolled along his cheek.
"You will never disappoint me. Don't forget that you are my best friend. You should have told me the truth. I remember that before, you said everthing to me. What had changed ?"

It have one moment of silence. Touma felt his lungs were missing air.

"You... " Say the archer gently. "Since the advertisement of your marriage, you acted differently with everyone and especially with me. And..." Touma stopped, his voice started to tremble.
"And what ? Tell me... "
"And I believe that I couldn't support seeing you with someone else... than me." Touma felt his legs staring to give in under him, he supported his back against the wall and slipped to floor.

"I'm sorry Touma."
"Why ?"
"To have forsaken, for haven't seen anything before it was too late, to have let you leave far away from me. I miss you." The blond closed the eyes, he would never have believed himself capable to say that, him who always kept his feelings and his emotions hidden.
"You too. I believe that we should stop it there for today. I will recall you in a few days, I promise you."
"Okay, goodbye." Seiji was almost relieved, because he felt his nerves were ready to snap.
"Goodbye." Touma hung up and started to cry.

***

The following day, after one agitated night, Seiji got up and went down to the kitchen where Shin was making breakfast.

"Hi Seiji. Well, you don't look very good this morning. Sleep bad ?"
"Hi. One can say that. Listen, I will go away for a few days. I must go in Sendai to see my family to regulate some details concerning the marriage." The blond indicated.
Shin agreed with a nod. "And when do you leave then ?" He asked as he handed Seiji his coffee's cup.
"About midday. Moreover, it's necessary that I prepare my bag. Thank you for the coffee."

Seiji took the coffee and went up in his room. He remained there until his departure.

About midday, he went down and was about to call a taxi, when Nasuty proposed to bring him to the station.

Arrived at the station, Seiji left the car and thanked the girl who looked at him oddly.

"What ?" Questioned the blond.
"What are you really doing in Sendai ?" She asked with a small half smile.
"Really, there is nothing I can hide from you. To summarize, let us say that I will make something which I should have made a long time ago. Bye."

***

To be continued…