Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ In The Shadow Of War ❯ Sage Strikes Back Part One ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

In The Shadow Of War
 
Chapter Six: Sage Strikes Back Part One
By: Demon Priestess Saturn
 
Cye, Sage, and Ryo ran down the path leading to the cave entrance. Sage led the way since he knew the path the best. As Sage led them down the windy path Ryo and Cye memorized the scenery. There were no animals for as far as the eye could see which was unusual in the forest setting. When the three ronins came to the end of the path they could see a break in the trees. When they reached the edge of the forest the three boys could see a rock wall. Sage looked to his right and pointed to the cave.
 
“There's the cave… But where is Rowen?” Sage said calmly. The other two only shrugged. Cye walked over to the cave entrance and looked in and around the cave. Ryo walked over to Cye also looking around. Sage however got a strange feeling and looked to his left. Looking down the rock wall he spotted Kento chained to the rock wall in a crucifix position. “Kento…” Sage said only loud enough for Cye and Ryo to hear. Ryo turned and looked in Sage's direction. Ryo gasped at the sight of his friend chained to the rock wall.
“Oh no…” Cye said in almost a whisper and started walking in the direction both Sage and Ryo were now heading. Sage slowly moved along the edge of the forest and slowly began to creep over to Kento.
 
“Kento! Are you okay?” Sage said out loud while still trying to walk over there. Kento stirred he turned his head to the left to see Sage was heading over to him. A look of relief came a crossed his face as he looked back at Sage. Then Kento glanced over Sage's shoulder and spotted Cye and Ryo.
“Sage man get me down I can't breathe.” Kento said in a raspy voice.
“Kento try and stay awake. Where is Rowen?” Sage said as he quickened his pace.
“I don't know he disappeared.” Kento said. Sage moved away from the edge of the forest. Sage signaled for Ryo and Cye to stay where they were. Sage was about to dash over to Kento when he felt a hit to his stomach.
“Ah!” Sage felt the air leave his lungs. Rowen stood over him and caught Sage as he fell forward.
“Sage!” Ryo screamed out. Rowen removed his bow from where he struck Sage and threw Sage to the ground. Sage landed a few feet in front of Ryo and Cye. Rowen lifted his hand and motions for whichever one to come attack him next. Ryo could feel the anger well up inside of him. Ryo charged without warning and Cye made an attempt to run and save Kento. When Cye came within a few feet of Kento he ran into an invisible force field. Cye screamed out as the force field electrocuted him. Cye wasn't the only one who felt the shock of the force field. Kento had also screamed out when Cye had hit the force field. Cye fell to the ground and moaned slightly. Kento started gasping for air. Ryo stopped dead in his tracks when Rowen suddenly jumped into the air and disappeared. Ryo looked around and was only distracted when Cye and Kento screamed. Ryo looked at Cye and Kento and was about to say something when Rowen came out of the tree. Rowen punched Ryo in the face. Ryo went flying back and landed next to Sage.
 
“Ryo…” Sage said short of breath and tried to push himself up. Ryo pushed himself up and looked at Rowen. Rowen grinned back at the two boys and walked over to Cye.
“Cye!” Ryo jumped back on to his feet. Ryo bolted for Cye but was stopped when he ran into the invisible dome. Ryo hit the dome and fell backwards landing on the ground. “What the hell?” Ryo said as he got back to his feet and put his hands on the dome. Sage got to his feet and walked over next to Ryo. Sage also put his hands on the dome neither he nor Ryo could get in.
“Rowen stop this!” Sage banged his fists on the edge of the dome. Rowen looked at Sage and walked up to him. Rowen stopped a few feet in front of Sage and stared back into his friends lavender eyes. “Please Rowen we aren't suppose to be fighting each other.” Rowen only stared at Sage and said nothing. Instead he turned and began to walk back toward Cye. “Rowen please listen to me.” Sage slammed his hands against the invisible dome. Cye pushed himself off the ground and turned to see Rowen coming up to him. Cye looked at Kento and realized that he was in serious trouble and needed help. Cye looked back to Rowen and got to his feet.
“Rowen let Kento go you're killing him.” Cye began to beg Rowen.
“Transform and surrender your armor to me and you all can go save and sound.” Rowen said in an usual tone. Cye knew he couldn't fight Rowen. Cye knew Rowen was better than him and he had to make a decision before Kento died. Cye looked at the ground and then back at Rowen.
“Alright I'll surrender my armor.” Cye said quietly.
“Cye no!” Ryo said slamming his hands against the dome.
“ARMOR OF TORRENT DOU SHIN!” Cye called out for his armor. Tears fell from Sage's eyes. How was he going to get through to Rowen? Then something inside him grew; it was a power he had never felt before. He felt that he had to break the dome. Sage still had his hands on the dome; he closed his eyes and felt the power come to him. It was the power of the armor of halo. Sage's whole body began to glow a green color.
“Wisdom…” Sage whispered as his kanji flashed brightly on his forehead. Ryo looked over at Sage and wondered what was going on. Cye finished his transformation but he realized Rowen was no longer looking at him he was looking at Sage.
“Virtue…” Ryo's whispered as his kanji suddenly flashed brightly on his forehead.
“Justice…” Kento's flashed on his forehead.
“Trust…” Cye whispered as his flashed.
“Life…” Rowen's flashed on his forehead. Sage began to glow even brighter. Sage then closed his eyes tightly and gritted his teeth. He pressed against the invisible dome with all his strength. Under the force the dome cracked. Ryo, Rowen, Cye, and Kento's kanji disappeared. Then without warning as if it were just ice the dome shattered into a million pieces. Rowen was in somewhat a surprise, Ryo started to run to Cye, Kento watched Sage, and Sage glared back at Rowen. Rowen stepped in between Cye and Ryo so Ryo couldn't get to Cye. Sage leapt into the air and jumped at Rowen. Sage spun around and kicked Rowen knocking him into a tree. Rowen, who was caught off guard for a moment, looked into his Sage's eyes. Rowen looked confused as he stared into the ronin of halo's eyes. He couldn't figure out why they were glowing a soft green color.
 
“So you finally show your true colors Halo.” Rowen charged Sage in an attempt to kick Sage with his left leg. However Sage jumped back and avoided the attack.
“Come on Rowen this is stupid for us to fight like this. Why can't you snap out of it?” Sage said as he jumped at Rowen again. Ryo and Cye were in shock but they quickly brushed it off and decided to take the opportunity and rescue Kento. When Ryo and Cye turned to get Kento they remembered what happened the last time. Cye looked at Ryo and Ryo looked back. They both didn't want to chance if it if the force field has not been broken. At the same time though they knew they had to get Kento down. Sage glanced slightly over his shoulder at both Ryo and Cye. He could see the deranged thoughts in both boys' heads.
 
“Don't worry you guys. I destroyed everything Rowen created.” Sage said out loud suddenly. Ryo and Cye looked at Sage and then at each other. They nodded to themselves and then went for Kento. Cye took his spear and cut the chains binding Kento's legs. While Ryo worked at the binds on Kento's wrists. Ryo caught Kento when he fell and almost immediately Kento began coughing violently. Sage stared back at Rowen with a menacing look. Sage concentrated all his power into his fist and aimed it at Rowen's chest. There was no way Sage was letting Rowen get the upper hand this time. Instead of dodging Sage's punch Rowen caught his fist instead. Rowen gripped on to Sage's right wrist and spun him around slamming him into the tree. Sage caught slightly off ground hit and tree and felt Rowen wrap his hand around his neck. The green glow in Sage's eyes disappeared and he stared at Rowen.
 
“Rowen wake up I don't want to hurt you.” Sage said as he grabbed Rowen's right arm and tried to pull Rowen's hand off his neck.
“Well you're going to have too if you want to live.” Rowen snapped.
“Rowen wake up!” Sage said a little forcefully. “I know you too well to let this bitch control you. Wake up!”
“You're getting on my nerves Halo. Do you really think he has the power to defeat my power?” Rowen said coldly. Sage's eyes began to glow once again. This time it was glowing brighter than it was before. Green energy flowed around Sage and Rowen. Rowen however didn't realize what Sage was doing. Sage glared and finally understood he didn't have much choice. Sage put his right hand on Rowen's chest and kept his left hand on Rowen's arm. Sage then glared and to Rowen's surprise Sage threw him off like he was nothing more than a piece of paper. Rowen fell to the ground and Sage stared down at him. The green glow flowed around Sage and then disappeared inside of him. Rowen sat up, he couldn't figure out what was going on. Cye, Ryo, and Kento stared in the direction their two friend's were in. The three boys thought they knew what had happened. Rowen sat on the ground but his armor had changed the green tint was gone, and that could only mean one thing. Somehow Sage had stolen his armor back. Ryo and Cye then realized what Sage had meant when he said he would get his armor back. And like Sage said in would be in the way it was taken. Ryo was surprised Sage pulled the same move to steal back his armor, but what really concerned him was how Sage had done it. Sage stared at Rowen with a nasty glare. Rowen took this as a challenge and got to his feet.
 
“So you finally decided to put up a good fight. I suppose I'll stop holding back and just kill you.” Rowen glared.
“Not this time. I will show no mercy to you.” Sage said coldly. Rowen stared back in surprise. Of course no one could tell because he had the same blank stare. Rowen wanted to know what Sage meant by showing no mercy. Sage smiled slyly and held up a green marble.
“What!” Rowen said as he looked at his armor. “That was tricky Sage. I guess I'll just have to take it from you again.”
“ARMOR OF HALO DOU GI!” Sage called his armor to him. Accept this time was different he quickly jumped from the sub armor to his full armor. When he finished his transformation he held the two pieces of his broken sword together. The energy from his armor surrounded it and the two pieces mended together. The power had returned to Sage's sword and he held it in his right hand. Then something strange happened, Sage put his faceplate down. Ryo, Kento, and Cye looked worried. Why had Sage put his faceplate down? Rowen smiled thinking that maybe Sage was coming to his senses. Rowen waited to see if Sage was going to tell him he would join him.
 
“Elveria I will kill you and save my friend even if I die trying.” Sage jumped into the air and swung his long sword downward. Rowen blocked the attack with his bow, but for some reason Rowen didn't feel as if he had as much power as he did before. Something was wrong. It was true that Sage had stolen his armor back but why did Sage seem to have a tremendous advantage? Sage jumped back and glared at his former friend.
 
“I couldn't have lost this much power from just loosing your armor.” Rowen said out loud. Sage grinned sinisterly.
“You didn't just loose my armor. I stole the other two from you as well.” Sage had an evil sound to his voice. Ryo's eyes widened, he had realized what was going on. Ryo motioned to both Cye and Kento not to say a word and they began sneaking away so Sage would not see them. The three ronins snuck back to the cave and went inside and hid.
“Ryo what's wrong why did you make us come in here?” Cye asked.
“Shh!” Ryo put a finger to his mouth. Ryo glanced at the fight and then whispered to his friend's to make them understand. “Sage has gone into another blind rage.”
“Oh shit.” Kento said. Cye's widened his eyes in fear.
“Rowen is the only one who can bring Sage out of that.” Cye replied.
“I know.” Ryo said in a worried tone. “That's what I'm worried about. If he kills Rowen we'll loose not only Rowen but Sage too.”
 
“If only I knew how much power you held I would have gone after you instead.” Rowen said quietly.
“You could never control me.” Sage swung his sword trying to stab his friend in the side. Rowen flipped over the attack and charged forward with his bow. Sage blocked with his sword and suddenly they were face to face with each other.
“THUNDER BOLT CUT!” Sage screamed out suddenly slamming Rowen onto the ground. Rowen screamed as he was shocked by Sage's attack. Sage jumped at Rowen again and went to slice him in half. Rowen noticed the move and blocked Sage's sword with his bow.
“You're good but not good enough.” Rowen pushed Sage away from him and jumped in the air.
“ARROW SHOCK WAVE!” Rowen let his arrow fly at Sage. Sage glared and caught the arrow. Sage sneered and to Rowen's surprise Sage broke the ronin of strata's arrow in half. Sage dropped the two pieces of arrow and jumped into the air holding his sword up.
“FLARE UP NOW!” Sage called out on Ryo's armors attack. Rowen pulled another arrow and pointed it at Sage.
“ARROW SHOCK WAVE!” Rowen yelled. Sage swung his sword down and both Sage and Rowen's attack collided causing a huge explosion.
 
“Oh no! Rowen! Sage!” Ryo yelled. Smoke blinded the other three ronins vision but when it cleared it revealed that both Sage and Rowen were fine and were standing on either side of each other. Rowen jumped forward trying once again to take down Sage. Sage anticipated the move and flipped over Rowen. When Sage landed behind Rowen he spun around with his right leg. Rowen screamed out as Sage landed the kick in the side of his ribs. Rowen fell to his knees and coughed up blood but Sage didn't stop there. Sage swung around with his other leg and kicked Rowen to the ground. Then taking his sword he spun it around in a familiar motion above his head.
 
“IRON ROCK CRUSHER!” Sage slammed his sword into the ground. Rowen's eyed widened in fear. He was hurt, in fact he was too hurt to dodge this one. Kento's attack slammed into his chest and all the ronin of strata could do was scream out in agony.
 
“Aw man we got to do something he's killing him.” Kento said in a worried tone.
“No Kento we can't we'll just end up dead ourselves.” Ryo said even though he didn't want to watch this happen to his friend.
“So what are we supposed to do? Watch Sage kill his best friend?” Cye yelled at Ryo.
“I don't know Cye…” Ryo said in frustration.
 
“Have you had enough or do you want more?” Sage said cruelly without a hint of emotion in his voice. Sage approached Rowen and stood over him. Sage stared down at Rowen and then raised his sword for a killing blow.
 
“The stupid fool if he only knew he was only killing his friend.” Elveria said coldly as she watched from her dream world. She smiled happily as she watched Rowen scream in agony. Rowen suddenly stopped screaming and looked with tired eyes at Elveria.
“Elveria you can't do this anymore. Don't you realize what you've done?” Rowen said weakly.
“What does it matter what I've done? He's killing you not me so why should I worry?” Elveria smiled. “If only he knew you were dieing because of his rage he would be living in sorrow.”
“Its your fault he's hurting me.” Rowen said as he pulled on his binds. He knew he had no choice he had to break them and regain control over his body it was the only way he was going to live. But his mind was too weak and his whole body was almost covered in ice. It was going to be a difficult task to fight back against her powers. Sage was now killing his physical body. Rowen couldn't stand the pain anymore he knew he had to get through to his friends.
“Sage please stop!” Rowen screamed out.
 
Sage was about to give the final blow when he stopped. He heard something but Rowen hadn't said anything. But it was Rowen who shouted for him to stop. Sage stopped and backed away, dropping his sword he fell to his knees. Rowen's eyes had a deep pain behind the cold cover Elveria was providing. Tears came to Sage's eyes; he had lost control. Sage stared into Rowen's pained eyes. Sage could see the world of hurt his friend was now in. Sage did not want to hurt Rowen but he had forgotten that it was Rowen he was attacking and not Elveria. The only way he was going to get to Elveria was to go inside Rowen's mind and defeat her there. It was risking though and Sage knew he might die but it was the only way to free Rowen. Sage stared back at Rowen and then realized he didn't care how dangerous it was. He wanted to save Rowen. The other thing that bothered him was he had no idea how to get into Rowen's head to fight Elveria.
 
“What you are not going to finish what you started?” Rowen taunted. “Go on kill me. That is what you want.” Rowen eyed the green ronin. Sage did not answer nor did he move. He looked at the ground and more tears fell from his eyes.
“Rowen I don't know what to do. Tell me what to do.” Sage said to himself.
“What did you say?” Rowen asked. Elveria was confused; she had not heard what Sage said. She turned and looked at her prisoner. She glared at Rowen who only stared back at her. “Why did he stop? What did he say?”
“You wouldn't understand.” Rowen replied.
“How did you come in contact with him its impossible?” Elveria glared.
“I stopped Sage like I always do when he goes into a rage.” Rowen said feeling very weak.
“But how? I won't let you contact him.” Elveria was getting angry.
“You're too late Elveria.” Rowen smirked. “Sage I can't do this without you. Her powers are too strong. I want to come back but I'm too weak to fight. I'm not strong enough. Sage I'm sorry.” Rowen frowned as he whispered to himself and he felt his mind drift again.
“Rowen…NO!” Sage screamed out suddenly. Sage stood again. Rowen glared and also got to his feet. Sage removed his armor and in his hand appeared three marbles. Sage stuck the green marble back in his pocket.
“Ryo! Kento!” Sage shouted and looked in the direction of the cave. Ryo and Kento emerged out of the cave and Sage tossed the two marbles at them. Sage looked back at Rowen. Sage stood there glaring; he stared at Rowen with tears in his eyes. “Elveria I will kill you.”
“Perhaps.” Rowen said. Sage closed his eyes once again he began to glow green. Then for a moment there appeared to be two of Sage. One appeared to be a ghost that ran and jumped into Rowen's body. And the other was just Sage standing where he was. Sage stopped glowing and fell to the ground. Rowen looked strangely at the ronin on the ground.
“Sage!” Ryo yelled and ran to Sage's side. Cye and Kento followed soon after and prepared to fight Rowen.
“No he can't!” Rowen said suddenly and also fell to the ground. Kento and Cye checked Rowen and looked at Ryo.
“He's out cold.” Cye said.
“Both of them are unconscious.” Ryo said calmly giving Sage's status. “And Sage's body is really cold.” The three remaining ronins found themselves confused and didn't know what to do. Then they figured the only thing they could do was take them both back to the house and see if they would be okay.
 
End Chapter Six
 
Okay I worked and I worked and finally finished this chapter. Hopefully I wont take so long with the next chapter. Anyways thank you for all the reviews and please send me more because I love them. I exciting conclusion has yet to come so please stick around. Until next time see ya!
 
~Priestess~