Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Neo Ronin ❯ First Meetings ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Prologue

Dark clouds covered the sky and the crowds left the cold streets seeking shelter in their homes, all it seemed but one. A lone girl meandered down the wet sidewalks her shoulder length golden locks hung down over her face, and her dejected posture caught the attention of a young man with long brown hair clad in strange blue monk robes. That girl, he thought she has a strange power about her! Slowly he turned and began to walk toward her.

"Stay away." a woman's voice echoed in his head. Anubis stopped and looked up at her in surprise; a malevolent smile graced her lips.

"I warned you ancient." She mocked.

"Who are you?" Anubis demanded. The girl laughed, "You're here to look for the neo ronin aren't you?" the voice hissed, "Then let me introduce you to something new."

"I am Shadow Halo!" the blond informed. Anubis stepped back.

"Shadow… Halo?" he inquired, she laughed again and brought her sapphire eyes up to meet his own. A strange mist wrapped around her and the auburn haired ancient realized exactly why she had seemed so strange and yet familiar. He gasped as the mist reseeded leaving her in a long black hooded cloak. She wielded a large no-datchi in one hand and the other had claw-like blades attached to the thin ebony and emerald armor that disappeared inside the mantle covering her body.

"You have both the neo ronin armor of Halo and the neo warlord armor of Darkness?!" he cried in confusion and surprise. He backed up a few feet his cobalt blue eyes were wide as she advanced. "That's not all." She smirked and raised the blade above her head.

"Iron rock crusher!" she screamed; much to Anubis's surprise and despair the ground beneath him began to shake violently.

"How is this possible?!" he exclaimed, using the neo ancient staff to calm the raging earth.

"You're pretty good." She sneered, "So much better than the other two neo ronins I killed." Anubis's body went ridged at her last words.

"Killed …" he breathed, "How could you kill two of your own companions?"

"The same way I'll kill you." She informed, "Slowly and painfully!"