Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Nightmares and Sickness ❯ Worry ( Chapter 10 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: Still don't own.

Once again thx for the reviews.

Sry 'bout all the grammer and/or spelling mistakes. Can't be helped.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Nightmares and Sickness

Chapter Ten

Worry

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Touma? What are you doing? You should be resting." Shin said standing up after seeing the archer come down the hall towards them on crutches.

"Any news on Seiji?" Touma questioned, ignoring Shin's own question.

Shin's worry for Touma was immediately replaced by sadness. He lowered his head and said, "Iie, we haven't heard anything. He's still in there."

Shuu remained quiet, he was really worried about Seiji. When they last saw him he was still screaming and thrashing.

Touma didn't say anything and just sat down next to Shuu, his leg still hurt him. Shin sat next to him and put an arm around him. "It'll be alright. He'll get through. He's too stubborn and has too much pride to give up so easily." He smiled.

Touma smiled back. 'He's right. I won't give up hope. I can't.'

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Where the hell is it?!" Ryo said in frustration. He had looked in almost every room and had no luck.

'I better find it soon, Seiji really needs it.' He started looking in another room.

After searching in there he thought of something that scared him. 'What if Tomo never made an antidote?' He quickly forgot about that thought, he didn't even want to think of that possibility. 'He had to have made one!"

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

A doctor came over to the troopers with a solemn look on his face.

'This can't be good.' Thought Shuu.

"What's wrong?! Is he alright?! Is--"

The doctor cut Touma off. "We lost him a few times but he's stable now." He sighed. "It took a while for him to calm down but he's sleeping now."

Touma's mood lightened when he heard that Seiji was still alive.

"You said that you thought he was poisoned, right?"

"Hai, we're pretty sure he was."

"That's what we think as well. Unfortunately we've never seen this type before so we don't have a cure." He bowed. "Gomen nasai."

"Our friend's looking for an antidote as we speak."

The doctor nodded. "We're not exactly sure how long he can fight against the poison so I'd advise your friend to hurry here."

"Can we go see Seiji?" Touma asked.

The doctor thought for a while; then replied, " I guess it's alright. Just don't wake him, he needs all the rest he can get." The others nodded. "Very well, follow me."

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

They all gasped when they saw Seiji. He was very pale and had machines connected to him. The doctor left, deciding that they needed time alone with the blonde.

"Seiji." Touma whispered. At first they all just stood there, shocked at the sight before them. Touma then pulled up a chair and sat next to Seiji; he grabbed his hand. "You will get through this. You're strong."

Shin and Shuu were also saddened by the sight but they did believe in what Touma had said.

"Touma." The archer heard a very weak voice whisper.

He looked up to find Seiji's eyes open and looking at him. They were all surprised, they thought he was asleep. "Hey Seiji. How are you feeling?" He asked softly.

"I've been better." Seiji gave a weak smile. Then he looked around and said, "Where are we?" He noticed white walls all around him and had an idea but wanted to be sure.

Touma sadly smiled back at him. "We're in the hospital."

Seiji started coughing, really hard.

Shin left the room and returned with some water. When Seiji's coughs subsided he helped him drink some water.

"Arigato." Seiji said hoarsely. Shin just nodded.

The blonde looked very tired and was starting to close his eyes but each time he shut them he would snap them open again. He didn't want to fall asleep with all his friends here.

"Just sleep Seiji." Touma said soothingly. The swordsman closed his eyes, this time they didn't open.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Kuso!" Ryo swore. "I've looked everywhere and I still can't find it!"

Then he remembered that he hadn't checked the basement. He walked to the door and then down the few steps.

"....light switch....." He mumbled to himself feeling along the walls for one. His hand hit a switch and he flipped it. The lights turned on. 'There we go.'

With the lights on he got a better view of where they were last time. When they had rescued Seiji the light hadn't been on and even if it had been they wouldn't have noticed much with everything that had been going on.

The basement was big, bigger than you would think it would be anyway. There were benches on almost every wall with lots of things scattered all over them. Weapons, bottles, tools; almost anything that you could think of and nothing was organized. 'Great. I'm going to have to go through all of this.' Ryo thought dryly.

He saw chains against one of the walls, it was one of the only one's without a bench against it. He thought about it for a while and then got mad. 'That must be where he had Seiji!' He thought angrily. You could still see blood around the area and on the chains from where they were cutting into Seiji's wrists.

He snapped out of his thoughts. He had to hurry up and find the antidote. He could get angry later when Seiji's life wasn't in danger.

The swordsman took a deep breath and started looking once again.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Stop!" Shin and Shuu heard from the other side of the room. Touma lifted his head, he had fallen asleep. They had been at the hospital for a few hours. What had happened with Tomo had finally taken its toll and they had all fallen asleep, no matter how uncomfortable their possition was.

They heard another scream. Shuu and Shin rushed over to Seiji's side. His heartbeat had gone up dramatically and he was twisting around in his bed, the covers wrapped around him. "....no! .....stop! ...no!" Seiji screamed again.

"Get a doctor!" Touma shouted while trying to calm Seiji down.

Shin ran out of the room and got the closest doctor. He quickly came back.

"What happened?" The doctor asked while checking Seiji and also trying to get him to calm down.

"He was having a nightmare and he started screaming." Shuu hurriedly explained.

All of a sudden Seiji went limp. There was a long, drawn out beep and a straight line went across the monitor.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ryo had searched the benches, drawers, everything around him but still no antidote. He was about to leave to go back upstairs when the light reflected off of something. He went to the corner, where it had came from, out of curiously and with a little hope. There was a table there that he had somehow missed. He started looking around on it.

"It's about damn time!" Ryo was beyond happy, not to mention relieved. In front of him was a vial filled with bluish color liquid. 'This has to be it. What else would it be?'

He was so happy he nearly forgot he was in a hurry. 'Oh, I gotta go, Seiji needs this.' He thought. 'I'm come Seiji. Just hold on a while longer.'

The swordsman went back up the stairs and out of the house to his car. He quickly got in and started the car; he left towards the hospital.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Yeah, I know. It was kinda evil of me to leave Seiji like that. ^_^ I wanted to end with the last scene with Seiji but I decided to give you some hope. *grins* Guess you'll just have to keep reading to find out what'll happen, who woulda guessed? Reviewing doesn't hurt any either. ^_~

Thx to everyone that has reviewed and stayed with me. I really appreciate it, especially since this is my first fic.

Well, ja ne.