Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath ❯ Sword of Heaven ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Ceiphied looked towards the Isle of Mists, his aura slowly subsiding as he calmed down.

"Gather your warriors, and restrengthen our ranks with the prisoners we took. We are going Seishi hunting." Ceiphied said.
"At once my Lord." Kouen declared.

The Elite left, leaving Ceiphied to stare in the direction of the Isle, with his hands behind his back.

"My turn, Amaterasu." he said.

Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath
Chapter 16: Sword of Heaven


The celebration/memorial service continued through the night, and partially into the morning. The Ronins lay asleep, not even aware of the impending doom headed their way. Ceiphied's army, led by the evil himself slowly but surely approached. Ceiphied watched the island grow larger and larger as he got closer and closer. The heroes would soon be crushed like the insects they were. He smiled evilly under his helmet in anticipation.

Back at the palace of the Heavens, Ran's eyes fluttered open. She rubbed them briefly and let out a big yawn as she sat up on the couch. Looking to her right, she observed Yuri with her head back, her magazine somewhere on the floor near her feet, reclined completely backward, snoring loud enough to peel paint as usual. She looked across from Yuri, where Ayame was sound asleep on another chair, her earbuds still in her ears. On another chair, she found Sakura, swords placed neatly in their sheaths, her head tilted to the right, breathing gently as she in a rare occurrence, was asleep too. Ran removed the plugs from her ears, and grimaced at the loud noise that was still coming from Suiren's room.

"Back to Sleep..." Ran thought to herself as she started to lay back down and closed her eyes, taking a deep breath to relax.

And then the sound stopped.

Back on the Isle...

"EVERYONE!!! WAKE UP!!!" Hariel shouted, running down from a hilltop to where the entire group was quite wiped out.
"Just five more minutes mommy..." Kento moaned, half-asleep.
"Wha...what's going on?" Anubis wondered, starting to wake up.
"It's the Draconai. They're going to attack!" Hariel shouted, rushing off to reach the Forgotten Souls.

This news snapped the heroes to wakefulness.

"We must go and stop them. We must not let them take this island." Anubis said.
"Gotcha." Ryo said.

The group quickly called upon their armor and trudged across the island to the side where the Dragons had struck before. The group tightened their grip around their weaponry, knowing that with Ceiphied in the lead, that this battle would be quite more difficult. The group cleared the last hill before the beach, ready with all their weapons trained on the skies...but the Draconai never even began to appear.

Rowen surveyed the sky, looking to the north, where they expected the attack to come from, then to the west, where he again found nothing. He was worried. Hariel said he had picked them up on radar, but there was no visual confirmation of where they were approaching from. It was only as he began to turn towards the east that he caught a glimpse of several forms approaching, TO THE OTHER SIDE OF THE ISLAND!!!!!!

"Guys! We've got a problem. Look over there." Rowen said, pointing.
"What Rowen...OOOH SHIT." Kento said.
"They tricked us!" Sai said.
"Damn, now what do we do?" Sage said.
"Look out!" Anubis shouted, his eyes trained on the sky.
"Huh?" Kale said, only to be nailed by Ishibiya blasts seconds later.
"Good shot! We hit the stupid one! Fire again!" Gekidoku commanded.

Kale rose up, and ignited his blade.

"I AM SICK AND TIRED..." Kale said as they prepared to fire again.
"FIRE!!!" Gekidoku shouted to the Ishibiya Corps.
"OF BEING USED FOR TARGET PRACTICE!!!!!!" Kale shouted, knocking the energy bolts back at the Ishibiya Corps, causing them to drop like flies.
"Good work Kale!" Anubis shouted.
"Didn't Destonus promise us he wouldn't blast Kale any more?" Dais asked.
"We'll deal with him later. Right now, we must stop the Draconai from advancing." Anubis said.
"Right. Let's get over to the other side of the island and hold them off--" Ryo began.

"There they are! Charge!" Gekidoku commanded his men.

"Okay, slight change in plans. Anubis, you and the Warlords see what you can do about this, while the rest of us hightail it over to the southern part and beat Ceiphied's main force down. Got it?" Ryo said.
"Right Ryo." Anubis said.
"Hey, how come they get the tough challenge?" Sekhmet asked.
"Because he's Tsubasa no Hi..." Sai said proudly. He ran off as Sekhmet brought out his swords. The Ronins began to hightail it over, leaving the three Warlords and one Seishi to take out Gekidoku's group.

"Well Anubis, why don't you do that Seishi thing you do?" Sekhmet asked.
"I'm even sure how to. It may have been a fluke. I don't even know what my power is." Anubis said.

Sekhmet looked at him angrily. Anubis sighed, closed his eyes, and began to focus. Before long the kanji glowed, Anubis was surrounded in a purple aura and clothed like Death, brandishing a large scythe.

"Let's do it." Anubis said.

The group let out a battle cry and ran down the hill, their weapons immediately colliding with the enemy. Sekhmet slashed down soldier after soldier. Dais whacked several others upside the head with his nunchucku and Beam Saber. Others were whipped away by Kale's Heat Rod.

Anubis meanwhile was parrying claws and taking slashes with his scythe, which seemed to be doing less damage than he expected. The Draconai got back up after being knocked down, and began to close in on him. Sekhmet spotted this and began to slash his way to his leader.

"Focus your power..." Amaterasu's voice whispered to Anubis.

Anubis held his scythe in front of him in a defensive stance and began to focus. His kanji glowed once again, and the aura began to rise up and flow into his blade, causing it to glow. Anubis opened his eyes dramatically, and with a battle cry, he slashed into a charging Draconai. There was a huge flash of light, as the warrior disintegrated, leaving behind the energist, which Anubis quickly smashed. The other soldiers, seeing this, were terrified and began to back away, as Anubis went skyward, hitting Draconai after Draconai, destroying their bodies. There was but one left, and Anubis charged, and swung with all his might...

...and then the glow faded.

Gekidoku and several other minions that joined him were enraged and proceeded to beat down Anubis, who started to fall back, as did the others.

Meanwhile, on the other side of the island, Ryo floated in the air as the other Ronins tore into the advancing horde with their cannons. Fireballs from Ryo's wings also tore them down slowly but surely. But they continued to advance.

"CHARGE!!!! CHARGE!!!!!" Ceiphied ordered as his troops continued to charge.

"Tsubasa no Hi...HIDAMA EN!!!!" Ryo shouted, sending another one of his super fireballs screaming into the assault force. They got to their feet and continued to push forward.

"Use your Chi Blasts!" Ceiphied ordered.

The Draconai began charging their Chi, forming it into balls of energy. Ryo spotted this and knew he had to defend.

"Tsubasa no Hi..." he began.

Suddenly one of Ceiphied's emerald blasts nailed Ryo, canceling out his wings and causing him to fall to the ground. The Chi blasts then slammed into the heroes, knocking them off their feet, allowing the Draconai to get a larger foothold on the island.

"We've got to fall back!" Rowen exclaimed.
"I'm...Not..." Ryo said, slowly struggling to get to his feet. His wings began to crackle once again as they flared out again, as his aura erupted to astronomical levels.

"GIVING UP YET!!!!!!!!!" Ryo shouted, sending a extremely powerful Hidama En into the Draconai Ranks, charring many, but still with many more to deal with.

"Ryo, we've got to rethink this." Rowen said.

Ryo refused to listen and instead, with his flame swords charged headlong into the advancing Draconai ranks, only to be knocked back. Kento and Sage grabbed onto Ryo as he attempted to charge them again, but Ryo knocked them aside as he spread his flame wings once again.

"Tsubasa no Hi...Shinkuu Renzoku Dan En!" Ryo shouted, sending millions of rapid fire flame blasts flying from his wings, at a Vegeta-like rate, knocking down Draconai after Draconai, until Ceiphied had Kouen's clan take point, Ryo's blasts unable to harm them.

"DIE!!!!! ALL OF YOU!!!!!!" Ryo shouted, furious.
"Ryo...Sakura, forgive me." Sage said, bowing his head. He then clipped Ryo in the back of the neck, causing the hero to be knocked out and fall on his shoulder, his wings fading into nothing as they began to fall back as Ceiphied and his forces gathered more ground.

"Run! Run away! Your deaths are inevitable Ronins!" Ceiphied declared.

Meanwhile, back at the Palace...

Ran noticed that the racket coming from Suiren's room had stopped finally. She hopped off the couch and began to shake her snoring eldest sister.

"Oneesan! Oneesan! The noise stopped! Suiren's finished!" Ran shouted excitedly.
"Huh, Wha?" Yuri said sleepily as she slowly began to wake up. She returned the seat to its upright position, stretched out and let out a huge yawn as she did so. "That was a nice nap. I had a wonderful dream about eating a 16 course meal with Kento." She said happily. And what about you? Did you have a nice nap too? I'm sure you slept like a little angel." Yuri teased.

"Oneesan..." Ran blushed.
"Yeah, you're making her blush." Ayame said as she woke up as well.
"And how was your nap, Sleeping Beauty?" Ran teased.
"Number one, don't call me Sleeping Beauty even though I deserve it. To answer your question, I never sleep enough. I always wake up wanting more. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to wake up Sleeping Ugly over here." Ayame said as she turned to her sister, who was sound asleep, with one hand on her sheath, sleeping almost like the Battousai. When Ayame tapped her, she was greeted by Sakura's sword at her throat.

"JEEZ Sakura, when are you going to stop that? You nearly Killed me!" Ayame shouted.
"I must always be ready for any attackers that may come to kill me while I sleep." Sakura said.
"How? This palace is tightly guarded like a fortress. Plus, no one can get in unless they're immortal, granted permission, or DEAD. Plus, the only enemies of ours that would want to destroy this place, can't, because of the seal." Ayame said.
"It never hurts to be prepared." Sakura replied.
"Yeah, but it hurts to be almost sliced in two by someone who is prepared..." Ayame mumbled.
"What was that?" Sakura shouted.
"What's this? You know Ryo's okay, you know he still loves you, so why do you have your swords still stuck up your ass? And what happened to treating me better?" Ayame asked.

Sakura took out her other sword and was about to flip it upside down in her hand but Yuri stopped her.

"That's enough. Let's go see if Navcase's still alive." Yuri said.

Sakura put away her weapons as the group slowly walked up the stairs towards Suiren's room. They tensed, began to sweat as they knocked on the door.

"Are you done in there Suiren?" Yuri asked.
"Almost...there, I'm finished." Suiren said through the door.
"Is he still alive in there?" Ayame asked jokingly.
"Ayame!" Yuri scolded.
"Yes. He was a very willing subject." Suiren said.
"Willing isn't the word I would use to describe the process...more like tortured..." Navcase said.
"You said you liked it." Suiren said.
"I did. I just did not care for the procedure at which this was arrived." Navcase answered.
"Can we see him?" Ran asked.
"Okay. Go back to the living room and close your eyes." Suiren said.

The group groaned as they trudged back and sat down on the couch and chairs.

"This better be worth it, or I'm going back to sleep." Ayame said.
"But you're always asleep." Sakura said.

"Okay...you can open them!" Suiren said.

The girls opened their eyes, and were shocked, stunned, and otherwise awed at the sight of the new and improved Navcase. Suiren had cut his hair shorter; it now went as far as his shoulders. It was mostly brown, grayish on top with red tips. A strand fell over his right eye. He had a white shirt and pants, from what they could see, that ended in golden gauntlets that covered his forearms. Most of his shirt was covered up by an overcoat with a collar that closed around his neck and was held in place by two red jeweled buttons. It was held in place by a golden sash around his waist, and broke in two near the bottom, where they could see his golden metal boots. A white cape was draped over his shoulder, held in place by another red jeweled button. The hero looked somewhere between an Arabian and Romanesque.

"Whoa...Did you dress him too?" Ayame asked, starting to drool.
"Nah. That's from his Seishi power. I helped him pick it out though." Suiren exclaimed.
"You look really handsome Navcase." Ran blushed.
"Thank you." Navcase replied, causing her to turn even redder. Sakura snorted at the sickening sight.
"Sakura, stop being rude to Navcase." Ayame said.
"I'm not. But looks are infinitesimal compared to one's skill in battle." Sakura replied.
"Sakura, don't start." Yuri cautioned.
"You bring up an excellent point." Navcase said.
"So then why are you decked out like a bishounen?" Sakura shot back.
"He's our guest!" Yuri said boldly. "Apologize to him!"
"No, it's quite all right. It was Suiren's idea." Navcase replied.
"YOU ACTUALLY LISTENED TO MY BOY-CRAZED SISTER?" Sakura bellowed, loud enough for Suiren to hear. "All she does all day is gossip with her little girlfriends about boys and other worthless stuff. You must be a fool to take advice from her." Sakura said, while Suiren's eyes began to water. Yuri spotted this and prepared to slap Sakura, but Navcase gently pushed her hand down.
"I never had any real siblings, so I could not begin to understand the relationship you must have. Nor do I know why you hold such resentment against them. However, I do know, that looking in your eyes, there is a lust for battle...but there is something else I see, but you must learn that for yourself." Navcase said.

Amaterasu entered the hall, breaking up the little dispute.

"Sakura, go to your room. I heard you yelling as I came up the stairs. You can come out when I tell you to." Amaterasu said. Sakura trudged off and slammed the door. "I apologize for this Navcase. Usually she's much better behaved."
"I understand. Is there anything I can do to help?" Navcase asked.
"No, that's all right. I need you to come with me though."

Navcase and the other girls followed Amaterasu to her viewing room, where the current conflict between the heroes and the Draconai was going on.

"Ceiphied is quickly advancing on the island. The Ronins are holding out as best they can, but they need extreme help. We have modified yet another of the Armors of Light into a new form, called the Armor of Hope. I need you to take this armor with you and use its power to take out Ceiphied." Amaterasu explained.
"I shall take this armor, but I will not use it to assassinate him. I wish to fight him on my own terms. I respect my honor as a warrior above all else." Navcase explained.
"I understand Navcase." Amaterasu said.
"I will do what I can." he said.
"Once you are ready, call on the power with the words, "Kai Jin." I will then send a tremendous amount of my own Chi from this chamber to the armor's cells, which you can then focus through the main guns. Good luck, Navcase." she said.

He began to leave the room. He had about reached the door when Amaterasu called out, "My Sword of Heaven."

He stopped suddenly and slowly turned towards her.

"Then I am..."
"Yes, you are Ten No Mi, the Third Seishi of Amaterasu, the 'one who is destined to wield his sword in the Name of the Heavens.' My gift to you is the power of innate skill with the sword. It was I who gave you that name."
"But My Master named me Navcase." Navcase said curiously.
"It was I who whispered it in his ear. The name is proof of your heritage as a Seishi."
"So it WAS you." Navcase said.
"Yes. You must hurry. The Ronins need your help. Go. I shall open a portal in the courtyard for you."

Navcase headed for the courtyard, where Amaterasu would open a portal to take him to Talpa's. He heard footsteps and found Ayame running up behind him, gasping for breath, carrying his sword.

"You forgot this." Ayame said, handing him the blade, blushing slightly. He took it from her and slipped it in his sash.
"Thank you. Don't worry, I'll be back soon." Navcase said.

The portal opened and he leapt in, vanishing instantly.

"Bye..." Ayame said, standing there, blushing, while her hair blew gently in the wind.

Navcase quickly arrived at Talpa's, where Kayura greeted him.

"Welcome. Good to have you back. I hope you know how to fly?" Kayura asked.
"Fly?" Navcase asked, confused.
"Yes, with your Ki." Kayura said.
"I'm afraid not." Navcase replied.
"All right then. Focus your Ki, and you will begin to fly. It is one of the abilities of being a Seishi." Kayura said.

Navcase rocketed out of the palace at high speed. This technique was new to him, but he knew he had to perfect it if he was to protect Amaterasu and the girls. Soujirou was right; nothing was a coincidence when it came to him. It was fate. It was a fate that he would be honored to follow through with. With that, he rocketed forward at breakneck speed.

On the Northern end of the Isle, Gekidoku's forces celebrated their securing, before one of the soldiers pointed out that he spotted a streak of light flying towards them. It stopped above the shoreline and began to descend slowly and dramatically. The warriors watched as t

"Who is this guy?" one of the troops shouted.
"Has it been that long?" Navcase answered.
"Lord Navcase?" another inquired.

Navcase nodded.

"Have you come to your senses, and are ready to serve Master Ceiphied again?" Gekidoku asked.
"I would love to help you guys out, but there's one little problem, you see." Navcase replied.

The soldiers watched intently as he pulled his sheath out of the sash, held the sheath in his left and dangled his right over the hilt, the Battou-Jutsu stance. The kanji for sword began to glow on his right hand.

"I now wield my sword in the name of Amaterasu and the Heavens." Navcase said.
"GET HIM!!!!" Gekidoku shouted.

The soldiers charged, but Navcase drew his sword with lightning speed, leading with his left leg, creating a vacuum that drew them in before he knocked them all down as he came around again. He quickly sheathed his sword and started running towards the heroes, as the Draconai followed him in hot pursuit. Navcase looked back as they followed him, sure enough, one began to catch up to him. Navcase stopped suddenly, brought out his sword and went skyward.

"Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu! Ryu Tsui Sen!" Navcase shouted, slamming down on him, knocking him out. He then took off again, sheathing his sword. He stopped suddenly, and when they were in range, he held his sword out in front of him, but watched as the kanji began to glow again. His blade began to glow purple as well. Navcase was surprised at this. But he had to finish his attack.

"Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu. Dou Ryu Sen!" he shouted, slashing just above the ground, causing dirt to kick up and knock the Draconai backward.

More like flying backward, as they toppled on top of Gekidoku, completely knocked out. Navcase was not expecting that. That usually DID NOT happen. He watched as the kanji that had glowed on his hand slowly vanished again. This Seishi power would take some getting used to. He sheathed his sword and hurried forward.

Meanwhile, Sage and the others, still carrying Ryo, ran away from the advancing army, while Anubis and the others, ran from the other side. The two, both not watching where they were going, slammed into each other and fell to the ground. They climbed to their feet slowly, a little stunned.

"You should be over there!" Rowen shouted, pointing.
"They outnumbered us. Why aren't you stopping Ceiphied's advance?" Anubis asked.
"Ryo went bonkers and tried to fend them off." Kento replied.
"Ughh..." Ryo said as he began to become conscious again...just as Ceiphied reached them.

Ryo prepared to summon his wings again, but Ceiphied cautioned.

"I wouldn't try that. You saw what happened last time, Tsubasa no Hi."

Anubis got up and put his hand on Ryo's shoulder.

"We've got to do this together. The only chance we stand is if we do it together." Anubis said.

Ryo nodded and the two began to focus their power.

"ARMOR OF WHITE REFLECTION!!!!!!!" Ryo shouted.

As Ryo's armor attached itself to him, so Anubis' was called as well and began to attach itself to him. Soon the two were ready for combat and charged Ceiphied's advancing forces, although in vain.

Navcase tore through the woods separating that section from the main area, leaping over logs, slashing through others, hurrying towards the heroes. He had to get there in time...he sighed in relief as he saw them up ahead.

The Ronins shielded their eyes as Ryo lashed out with Luminance from the Heavens, only barely scratching the enemy force. Ceiphied summoned his own power and knocked the two back, causing their armor to be unsummoned. The other Ronins ran up to protect them.

"Give up. It's over. Why don't you all flee to Shanghai?" Ceiphied said.

A purple glow shone from the forest behind them.

"I know of a safer place than Shanghai for you Ceiphied." Navcase said as he stepped into view, the purple glow erupting around him, his cape billowing out behind. "It's called Hell."
"Ah Navcase. Still bitter about that whore you were going to sleep with?" Ceiphied called.

Navcase tightened his grip around his sword. "Her name was Yuriko."

"Whatever. Seven Ronins and two Seishi couldn't stop me. What makes you think another, namely you, can make a difference?" Ceiphied asked.
"Because I have something they don't." Navcase replied.
"Kill him!" Ceiphied ordered.

The Draconai unleashed their breath weapons and energy blasts on the hero, who in Surprise put up an AT field to protect himself.

"The...The...Third Seishi!!!" Ceiphied exclaimed.
"YOU'RE MINE CEIPHIED!!!! ARMOR OF HOPE!!!!!" Navcase shouted.

An armor resembling Double X attached itself as the other two had done on Ryo and Anubis. This one had a pair of cannons folded on its back, and winglike panels peering over its shoulders.

"And what do you expect to do with that?" Ceiphied asked, preparing for another assault.
"THIS!!!!" Navcase shouted, as the panels opened on his lower legs and forearms, the wings folded down and then again to fill out the solar panels, the cannons folded over the shoulders, extended and locked into place, while the sights locked over the barrels of the guns. "KAI...JIN!!!"

The clouds parted in a circle as a beam of light shot down, striking the armor, as the panels began to glow with energy. The Ronins began to move out of the way, while the Draconai began to slowly tiptoe backward as the armor began to charge this energy, then breaking into a run and then to flight as they struggled to get away.

"FIRE!!!!" Navcase shouted, the energy lashing outward towards the hordes as they escaped, the majority of the blast focused on Ceiphied himself, who screamed in pain as the Armor was superheated. The beam faded out, as Ceiphied and his army limped off back to their base in disgust. Navcase got Ceiphied in his sights for another shot, but Ryo placed his hand on his shoulder.

"Let him go. You'll get another shot." Ryo said.

Navcase powered down the armor, as the Ronins checked out his new wardrobe. Ryo noticed that he was also wearing a pendant like his, though his was blue in color.

"So, you're one too?" Anubis asked.
"Yes. I am Amaterasu's Third Seishi." Navcase replied.
"Congratulations." the other Ronins said.
"Thank you. But I must get back to the palace. We will meet again." Navcase said, flying off as he had before, leaving the Ronins to once again celebrate their victory.

Navcase reappeared in the courtyard, where he found Ran waiting.

"Welcome home Navcase." Ran said.
"Thank you Ran. Good to see you again." he said, messing up her hair a little. She blushed at that and walked along with the older man towards the main entrance. He stopped about halfway, and looked at the sight that was waiting for him..

Waiting at the main entrance was Sakura. She was wearing some sort of kendo outfit and had her swords drawn. She stared Navcase down, refusing to let him pass. The other girls were up in their rooms, looking down on this spectacle.

"Sakura, what are you thinking? This is stupid! Fighting Navcase won't prove anything!" Yuri shouted.
"Come on Sakura, put your weapons away and come inside..." Ayame asked gently.
"No! I have to do this!" Sakura shouted. "It's the only way I can prove myself worthy!"
"Prove yourself worthy? You don't have to do that!" Yuri yelled down.
"This would make an excellent manga..." Suiren said.

The other girls looked at her sternly, and she backed away.

"Ran, will you wait here for a moment?" Navcase asked. She nodded and he stepped forward, the distance between the two slowly shrinking.
"Now, Sakura, what is so wrong that you are out here ready to fight me?"
"Everything. Everything's wrong. You're a disgrace, dressed like that. You call yourself a warrior?" Sakura shouted back.
"A warrior is defined by more than how he or she looks." Navcase replied.
"But you're still a bishounen for Suiren to drool over! Ran adores you! And don't get me started on Ayame..." Sakura snapped. "We're better off without you."
"Sakura! This is stupid! What are you trying to do, get him to leave?" Ayame asked.
"That's exactly what I'm doing. I want a fight, fair and square. I win, you leave. You win, You can stay. Fair enough?"
"Sakura...there is no point to fighting over something so trivial..." he began to say. But he saw her eyes become even more intensely trained on him. She was not going to back down from her threat. Navcase sighed and replied, "Very well."

Navcase moved back to where Ran was standing. He undid his cape and placed it over her shoulders, causing her to blush a little more. She then stepped off to the side, out of harm's way. Sakura took her position.

"I am Sakura Kamino, She-Ronin of Fire, the second Successor of Kodatchi Nintouryuu."

The name leapt out at him. This was not just a chance for Sakura to get rid of what she felt was a problem. It was a chance for her to settle a bout between the 14th successor of his style and the Oniwanbanshuu's leader.

"I am Shinta Tennomi, The Sword of Heaven. I use Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu as it's 5th Successor."
"And only use Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu. One stab from Mizoguchi Haiitou Ryuu and you forfeit the match." Sakura declared boldly.
"Agreed."

The two stood there, sizing each other up. Navcase stood in Batou-Jutsu, ready to strike when Sakura made the first move. Such a fight would prove nothing. He had to show her the error in her judgment. This had to be ended quickly..painlessly. Even without his Seishi power, each blow would hurt her more than usual...

Across from him, Sakura also stood ready to fight. She was going to win. She knew it. Then Ayame would go back to Rowen. The others would forget about him. They would all love her, and love her for showing them the error of their ways. She would succeed.

The wind blew by as the two stood, ready to strike. The others watched with fear, as to who would strike first. Navcase stood ready to draw, like a cowboy from the Old West. But it was Sakura who made the first move, charging at him with her swords crossed in front of her. She swung with Gokuu Juuji as Navcase drew with the lightning speed associated with the Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu style, blocking her swing. Sakura hopped back and prepared to close the blades around his neck with the reverse, but Navcase had leapt into the air.

(Kurenai by X Japan Kicks up)

"Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu! Ryu Tsui Sen!" he said.

Sakura grimaced and fell to her knees as the impact of gravity and Navcase's body came down on top of her as she struggled to parry the move. Navcase hopped back, and quickly leapt up, spinning towards her in a somersault.

"Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu, Ryu Kan Sen, Arashi!"

She quickly held up her swords to block the assault, but they were knocked away from the impact. She grabbed them and triple-flipped away, standing ready...but this had given Navcase time to prepare another attack...

"Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu! Kuzu Ryu Sen!!!!"

...and he was now flying towards her at breakneck speed. She barely dodged out of the way as he stopped on a dime and prepared for another attack.

He was good, even without Gatousu. But she still had to win. She hoped that she could fool him long enough to go get her blades for the final technique.

"Kodatchi Nintouryuu! Onmyou Hasshi!" she said, tossing her blades back to back at him. Navcase knocked them both out of the air with a quick Ryu Shou Sen, their trajectory flying back towards her hands. He flew towards her through the air, calling out...

"Ryu Kan Sen! Tsumuji!"

Sakura leapt into a flip as she flew over his blade, grabbing her swords in mid flip and then landing and turning around. She sheathed one and began to fade her way towards him.

He knew of this move. This was Kaiten Kenbu. It was quite deadly to the unaware, but he focused everything he had to try and find her. But it was too late. Three slashes across his arm. He grimaced in pain.

At last! She had managed to hit him. This worked well. So maybe it would work again, then she could nail him with the final move.

Navcase watched as she now completely surrounded him. This was the famed Waterflow technique, where it was impossible to tell where she was. But he had a way to stop her. He had gone to Battou-Jutsu just before she began it.

Sakura surrounded him, her afterimages confusing him. A little more of this, and she would win...but then, he did something she did not expect.

"Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu ougi!" he shouted, drawing the sword with incredible speed that it sucked her towards him.

How could this be? She HAD him! But she knew what this meant.

It was going to end here. This was the most powerful technique. This would make her give up, Navcase thought. Put an end to this foolishness.

Navcase came around and knocked her skyward, sending her slamming hard into the ground.

"Amakakeru Ryuu no Hirameki!" he exclaimed.

Sakura lay on the ground, hurting badly. The attack had done a number on her. But she could not give up. She had to win. Fighting against her body's wishes, she leaned on her swords as she struggled to her feet.

Navcase was horrified. He had hoped that would have stopped her. Enough was enough. She would use her finisher now. But he would trick her. There was a move that would be able to stop her.

Sakura took her swords in hand, and flipped the sword in her right hand so that the blade was facing away from her thumb and pointed downward. She then came towards him for the final blow. This would finish it.

"Kaiten...Kenbu..." she began.

Then she struck.

"Rokuren!"

::CLANG!!!!!!:

Her sword had met his sheath. What was this? He led with his sheath? Was he insane?

Hiten Mitsurugi Ryuu Battou-Jutsu, Shou Ryu Sen, Ikazuchi. An attack that leads from the Battoujutsu with the sword still in the Saya. He knew this could work. He looked in her eyes. Gone was the look of death. Remaining was one of surprise and shock as he drew his sword from the still blocking sheath and brought the blade down on her shoulder, cutting it. Sakura fell to the ground hard, looking up at this warrior. Despite her rules, he had still won. Why? WHY?

She looked up as he placed his sword back in its sheath and back in his sash. He walked over to retrieve his cape from Ran. Her anger drove her to her feet and she charged him blindly.

"Navcase!" Ran cried out.

He quickly drew his sword as he sidestepped, flipping it over and hitting her in the back of the neck.

"Why...can't I win..." she mumbled before coughing up blood and passing out onto his shoulder.
"You wonder why you loose Sakura." Navcase said as Ran helped him with his cape and he carried her unconscious body to the palace. "Your technique is excellent. But there is more to a warrior than how he or she looks, or what style they use to fight. A sword is a weapon. Kenjutsu is learning how to fight or kill. But there is one more component. Your heart. It is the heart that decides how the sword is wielded. Your weapon must become a part of you. I was like you once. But Master Hiko taught me that my training would not be complete until I found the heart behind my sword. I wield my sword to protect all that I have come to know...and love, in some cases. I hope that you, can rise above your hatred and prejudice...only then will your link between sword and heart be complete."

Navcase stepped into the palace doors, where he placed the unconconcious Sakura into Yuri's arms, who carried her up to her room.

"I'm sorry it had to come to this..." Navcase replied sadly.
"It's all right. This had to happen sometime." Yuri said. "I hope she'll listen when she wakes up."
"I hope so too." Navcase said as Yuri carried Sakura upstairs.

Ayame slowly came down after Yuri had gone by.

"Navcase...thank you for knocking some sense into my sister." Ayame said, nervously.
"I'm sorry I had to do that." Navcase said.
"No. Someone had to teach her. I'm glad it was you." Ayame said, getting closer. "I wanted to thank you..."
"There's no need to thank m--mph..." Navcase said as as Ayame suddenly kissed him.

It felt wonderful. This was the one for her. Not Rowen. Forget about him. He lacked the nobility, the honorability that Navcase possessed. Navcase was older too...mentally, Rowen was too young for her. Navcase was the answer to her prayers.

The others peeked over the stairs, spying on Ayame as she liplocked with Navcase. Everything began to make partial sense. This explained, at least partially, why Sakura was so angry with Ayame.

Ayame's lips detached from Navcase's and she stepped away. Navcase was surprised. Ayame looked back at him with a mixture between satisfaction and apology before she slowly walked off, leaving Navcase to contemplate.

This is the End of Part 2.

Next Episode

KAYURA: Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath, Chapter 17. The Search Begins. Please watch for it.