Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath ❯ Mistress of Space ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
"Youtotsuko! Come on! I need to take a shower!" Ayako called from outside the bathroom door.
"Like, could you not call me Youtotsuko, okay? You sound SO like my mother." came the voice from inside.
"Okay...Yoko, could you PLEASE let me in?"
"Not now, I'm giving myself a facial. Come back in an hour, kay?"
"That's what you said an HOUR AGO! Can't you do it some other place?"
"Like, no." Yoko replied.

Ayako fumed. Ever since her stuck-up cousin and her had moved into the palace, she had continually driven her out of her mind. She hogged the bathroom five times more than Suiren. Some days a line would form outside the door, of people anxious to relieve or refresh themselves.

"Like there are like nine other bathrooms in this palace? So why don't you use one of them?"

"Because Suiren's in one of them primping herself, Ran's taking a shower elsewhere singing along to the brilliant green, I don't want to dare disturb Sakura while she's showering, and Ayame's in the other one! AND FOR YOUR INFORMATION, COUSIN, there are only FIVE full bathrooms in this place, and you're in the fifth, so they're all occupied you ditz!..."

As Ayako continued to bitch at her cousin, she failed to notice her ring beginning to glow, and a slight wind picking up around her. She calmed down as the door opened, revealing her completely made up cousin.

"There. Happy now? I've got to go meet this Kaosu person...I hope he's cute!" she said as she skipped off. Ayako angrily stomped into the bathroom and slammed the door.

Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath
Chapter 21: Mistress of space






Yoko headed down the hall happily. The place was amazing. She loved it here, especially since meeting her new friend Suiren. Ayako, though, was considerably angry at her. But it did not matter. She had business to attend to.

Stepping into one of the battle areas, she spotted a figure wearing traditional robes. He carried a shakujo, and atop his head was a traditional pointed hat. She almost took a step back. There was only one thing to do. Get rid of him.

"LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!!!" she screamed, her hair turning white along with her eyes, and sending a lightning bolt screaming down at the figure. He touched the ground with his staff, causing the bolt to dissipate harmlessly as it struck.

She stood there in disbelief. How could he have done that?

"You can calm down, Youtotsuko. I am not Ri Houjun."
"Okay...then who are you?"
"I am Kaosu. And I am going to teach you how to use your magic."
"My...magic?"
"Yes. In addition to the power you got from being the descendant of Ri Houjun, your father is also a descendant of my own clan, so you have access to the magic of the Ancients."
"Oookay..." Yoko replied.
"This might be hard to believe at first, but you must perfect your powers so that you can become a powerful asset as a Seishi."
"Yeah, sure, whatever." Yoko said.

Meanwhile...

"Ryo! Anubis! We've got a problem!" Hariel said as he ran into the Ronins' camp.
"What is it?" Ryo asked.
"Draconai. Lots of them." Hariel reported.
"They're trying yet another preemptive strike?" Anubis wondered. "This is getting too predictable and boring."
"Come on. Let's go stop them." Ryo said, heading out to where the battle would most likely be, with the others behind him. Looking down from a cliff, they gasped at the site. Rows after rows of Draconai, lined up for battle, looking completely Romanesque.

"This is not good..." Anubis said.
"Anubis...Ryo...come to the palace immediately." Amaterasu's voice said.
"All right. Rowen, stay here and see what you can do. We'll be back as soon as possible." Ryo said as Anubis teleported the two away.
"Okay guys, let's see if Talpa can give us some support." Rowen said.

As if in answer, an army of Dynasty Soldiers appeared behind him.

"Okay, I think we might be ready...I just hope Ryo gets back soon."

Ryo and Anubis warped into the palace, where Amaterasu was waiting for them.

"Ryo, Anubis. The Draconai have gathered to take the Isle. Ceiphied's attack this time will be relentless." she explained.
"They're always relentless." Ryo said.
"Did you notice anything unusual about the army?" Amaterasu asked.
"Not really, only that there were a lot of them this time." Ryo said.
"I saw that Gekidoku's group was not there." Anubis reported. "Ceiphied is definitely up to something."
"That is my suspicion as well. We must protect the Isle at all costs. The Shrine is a gateway to my palace that I have created for your use. However, if Ceiphied finds it he will be able to exact his revenge." Amaterasu explained.
"You called for us Amaterasu?" Navcase asked as he and the other Seishi ran up.
"Yes. I need all of you to go to Earth to protect my shrine. If he attacks the Isle, he may use it to gain access to here. Yuriko, I have something for you." Amaterasu said.

Producing a naginata, she handed it to her. In her hands she held a long pole about six to eight feet long, with a sharp blade on the end. It resembled Kento's staff.

"I have heard that you are quite proficient in this weapon. This will allow you to focus your power as a Seishi." Amaterasu explained. "You will be able to destroy Draconai instantly when powered up. As for you Ryo, take this. We managed to steal Kouen's Mantle of Flame when we found Yoko. Take it. It may be able to amplify your own powers."

She then handed orbs to Yoko and Yuriko, explaining that these were their armors to use when things got too overwhelming. With that the Seishi leapt into her portal, vanishing instantly. Ayako snuck into the room.

Yoko would be doomed in combat. She would never lift a finger if it meant she would break a nail. Against thousands of those things...she would be killed. Not hesitating for another second, Ayako leapt through the portal after her.

When she landed, she found herself in a shrine of some sort. There was a statue of Amaterasu in the room, along with all sorts of candles. As she turned a corner, she found herself face to face with another woman. Both screamed in surprise.

"What are you doing here?" Mia asked.
"Um...I'm looking for my cousin." Ayako asked.
"Would she be the Valley Girl?" Mia asked.
"Yes! Yes!" Ayako exclaimed. "Where'd she go?"
"She's gone out to battle with the other Seishi. But we'll be safe here. The Forgotten Souls will protect us." Mia said.

Back at the battlefield, the dragons prepared for combat. Kouen walked among the legions of Draconai, inspecting them for combat. The Ishibiya Corps were ready. The other groups were eager to destroy their enemy, standing with their claws at the ready.

"All the soldiers are ready, Kouen." Rakurai replied.
"Excellent. At my signal, unleash hell." Kouen replied.

The Ishibiya Corps took aim. The others prepared to unleash energy bolts.

"Ryo! Hurry..." Rowen said, feeling the power rising.
"We're back." Ryo said, running up with the other Seishi.
"You're just in time. They're about to attack I think." Rowen said.
"Where'd you get that Ryo?" Kento asked.
"Amaterasu gave it to me. She thinks it'll increase my power output." Ryo explained.

Down on the ground below, Kouen surveyed the enemy. They had thousands of troops too. But they were mere animated suits of armor compared to the Draconai. Talpa was always a weakling, and they would prove it. It was then that he caught sight of Ryo...wearing his armor. Seething with anger, he shouted...

"ATTACK!!!!!!!!"

The Ishibiya Corps fired their energy blasts, as thousands of other blasts flew at the heroes, who dove out of the way as Talpa's troops fell.

"Let's do it. We'll need everything we've got." Ryo said.

The Seishi looked to the heavens and shouted out one by one...

"ARMOR OF WHITE REFLECTION!!!!"
"ARMOR OF HOPE!!!!"
"ARMOR OF FEILONG!!!!" Yoko screamed.
"ARMOR OF ASHATARON HERMIT CRAB!!!!!" Yuriko added.

The armors attached as they always did. Feilong attached to Yoko, while Ashataron Hermit Crab linked up with Yuriko. The warriors braced for the incoming assault as Talpa's forces charged Kouen's army.

"CHARGE!!!!" Kouen ordered.

Soldier after soldier fell as the Draconai moved like a swarm up towards Ryo and the others. Navcase activated the cannons while Ryo prepared his swords for his own attack. The two blasts screamed towards the Draconai.

"AT FIELDS!!!!!!!" Kouen shouted.

At once, all the Draconai spread their AT Fields, in an attempt to absorb the blow. A few were not so lucky and were vaporized, but their shields held.

"Damn. They blocked it?" Ryo wondered.
"We will have to take them up close and personal." Anubis said, readying his scythe.

Navcase ignited his twin beam sabers, and stood ready with Yuriko by his side as the soldiers advanced quickly towards them. Ryo and the others charged into them, slicing them down with their blades, but more kept coming. Ryo slashed through soldier after soldier with his Swords of Light, Anubis followed through with his scythe and cannons. Navcase cut down Draconai left and right as well, with Yuriko behind him. Yoko tried, but her inexperience separated her from the others. Soon all were lost in the confusion.

"Well, if it isn't the one that escaped me before..." Kouen said as he approached. "I may not have my full power right now...but I will destroy you for my master."

Yoko screamed, loud enough so that it could be heard by Ayako.

"Yoko...she's in trouble. I've got to go help her." Ayako said.
"No, it's too dangerous out there. Wait until she comes back." Mia said.
"No! She's scared and she's not sure what she's supposed to do. She may be a total ditz sometimes...but she is my cousin. I've got to try." Ayako declared.

Pushing her way through the Forgotten Souls, she raced off towards Yoko. Hariel and the others prepared to stop her, but they spotted something else. Gekidoku.

"ATTACK!!!" he shouted.

As the Draconai charged, he realized something...The main attack was only a diversion! They were after something!

Ayako raced along the ground, towards her cousin. She had to get there, fast. As Navcase sliced down yet another Draconai, he noticed Ayako running towards the battlefield.

"No! Go back to the Shrine!" Navcase insisted.
"I've got to help Yoko!" she shouted back.
"Another one! Open fire!" Kouen shouted.

The other Elite prepared their breath weapons and unleashed their wrath directly at her. Navcase charged towards her, attempting to get there before the attacks did, but he was too late. They impacted, and she screamed. He shut his eyes to hide from the horror, but he felt Yuriko tapping on his shoulder.

"Navcase...look..." she said.

He followed her finger towards Ayako, and gasped in surprise. She was glowing brightly, her hair billowing out behind her. He noticed a kanji glowing on her thigh...the kanji for "space"

"No one...will harm her..." Ayako declared, as she aimed her hands at the Elite and knocked them back with a blast of force that knocked them off their feet. More energy began gathering between her hands as she fired off blast after blast, knocking the force back slowly but surely.

"DESTROY HER!!!!" Kouen ordered.

Energy bolt after Energy bolt flew at her, but they only struck her without phasing her a bit.

"Get out of here! I'll draw their fire." Ayako shouted.

The others shed their armor and returned to their standard Seishi forms. They all noticed that the jewel on her ring was getting brighter and brighter.

"Forget her! Their armor has been shed. We'll crush them now!" Kouen declared as they prepared to attack the other Seishi.

Ayako's aura glowed brighter than it had been. She watched her cousin watch in horror as they approached. The others braced for the attack. Ryo was worried, fearing the armor would be too much for him to handle. She had to do something. Soon.

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!" Ayako screamed, her body glowing with incredible energy. A think armor covered her body as sharp spikes flashed out from her forearms. A helmet with only a small space for vision formed around her head as three spikes flashed upward from her helmet. A pair of angelic wings sprouted from her back as she grew to be almost seven feet tall. She began firing life force blasts one after another, decimating the Draconai ranks. With each blast, her spikes became smaller and smaller.

"RETREAT!!!! RETREAT!!!!!!!!" Kouen shouted, spreading his wings and heading into the air. The remaining Draconai followed as Ayako's power faded, returning her to normal. Navcase barely caught her as she collapsed from exhaustion.

Later...back at the palace, Ayako opened her eyes to find all the others gathered around her bed.

"You're finally awake." Navcase said. "How do you feel?"
"Drained...did I do all that?" Ayako asked.
"Yes, my dear, you did." Amaterasu explained. "Your power is to compress and manipulate space, and you seem to also possess the power to absorb bio energy and focus it through your hands or that ring. You are Okami no Uchuu, our Mistress of Space. Welcome."
"I'm a...Seishi?" Ayako asked.
"Yes." Amaterasu said.
"Whoooho!!!!!!!!!! It's been my lifelong dream to be like an anime heroine!" Ayako exclaimed happily.
"I think she's lost her mind, fer sure. Suiren, let's go." Yoko said, leaving the room.
"Now rest. You'll need your strength." Navcase said as he and Yuriko left. The girls followed suit, except Sakura.
"Now, all we need to do is find the Seventh Seishi, and the Priestess, and we can stop Ceiphied forever."

"CURSE ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!" Ceiphied said, throwing his throne into a wall in frustration. "You have caused me to loose Yuriko...you failed to bring back any magical artifact that could possibly find the Drakka Shichiseishi, and you allowed another one to awaken!!!!!"

The Elite stepped back. They knew they would be Ceiphied's snack food in a matter of minutes. Suddenly, a soldier ran in.

"Master, I am sorry to interrupt, but there is some sort of vehicle requesting entry."
"I shall deal with you later..." Ceiphied said, heading out to the courtyard.

The Draconai pulled the front gates open, as a series of heavy transports began to pile into the base. The men driving them exited the vehicles and ran off in terror, fearing for the worst. Several soldiers prepared to attack.

"No. Let them go. Let us see who would go to all this trouble to deliver something here." Ceiphied said.

Opening up the back of one of the trucks, Ceiphied gasped at the sight. It was full of guns and ammunition. High-powered rifles and machinecannons. The best body armor money could buy. Further inspection revealed more of the same.

"Master, take a look over here!" a soldier called.

They opened a set of doors to find rows upon rows of small maneuverable tanks. In another, they found heavily armed power armor. In yet another, there were rows upon rows of machines that looked like knocked off Mecha Knights.

"What shall we do with this? Destroy it?" a soldier asked.
"No. Use it. I believe this is the advantage that we have been lacking. I have a plan to eliminate those accursed Seishi, that they will never be able to fight back from." Ceiphied said, before breaking into laughter.

Next Episode

KENTO: Kento Here. I've had just enough of these Seishi popping out of the woodwork. First Ryo, then Anubis, then all these new people one after another.

SAI: Kento, we're not here to complain...

KENTO: When we discover that the final Seishi might be near Ceiphied's base, Rowen leads us on a search mission. But will we find the Seishi, or will the Draconai find us first?

SAI: It's next time on Ronin Warriors: Dragon's Wrath; Search for the Final Seishi.

KENTO: Best of all, none of those moders show up at all!