Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Guardian Chronicles: Book 2 ❯ Enter Arago and the Ancient... ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
"You have got to be kidding me."

I hate worlds like this. Humans. Disgusting. It's not that I have anything against humans, it's just that they're so damn helpless. And now I'm supposed to protect them from some sort of daemon. Wonderful. This is so NOT my day.

I guess it could be worse...

--

It's about noon. In the local tavern, two young men discuss the previous night's events, including the arrival of a strange young woman...

"...and she threw him across the room!"

Kaos just smiled, seemingly amused. "Serves him right. He shouldn't have been drinking so much, and he should have kept his hands off a strange woman."

"Yeah, I know, but geeze! Kenji's huge. And she just picked him up like he was nothing. And do you know what she said when he got up? She said, 'You couldn't handle me anyway.' And she just finished her wine and left," Yoshio finished with a grin.

Kaos got up. "Where are you going?" Yoshio asked.

"To the Inn."

"What for?" Yoshio was puzzled.

"I want to meet her."

"Are you crazy?!" Yoshio jumped to his feet. "She'll throw you out the window or something.

Kaos just left. Yoshio stared after him for a moment before sitting down and finishing his wine. "He's crazy."

--

*Knock, knock, knock*

"Go away."

*Knock, knock, knock*

"I said, 'Go away.'"

"I heard you, now open the door," Kaos replied.

The door opened, and there stood the most beautiful woman he'd ever seen. She was tall and slender, with darkly tanned skin, a long mane of silky black hair, and finely sculpted, almost elven features. But what caught his attention most was her eyes. They were deep blue, like a storm, and not quite human.

"What do you want?" She asked, "And be quick about it. I have more important things to do than stand here and talk to you."

"You're not human," he stated.

"Why? Because I threw that man accross the tavern last night?" she asked, annoyed.

"No."

"Why, then?"

"Your eyes."

She started. This boy was more observant than she gave him credit for. "Come in."

Kaos walked in and sat down in a chair. The woman sat on the bed and faced him. "OK, what do you want?"

"Your help..." he started, but she cut him off.

"No. You can't hope to understand this, but I have a more important reason for being here. More important than your life or your town's safety," she said. She figured he'd argue with her.

"So you're here after Arago?" he asked.

"Who?"

"Oh, no one important," he replied, "just a daemon."

She froze. "Daemon?"

"You do know what a daemon is, don't you?"

"Of course I know what a daemon is, you idiot!" she snapped. Then, calmer, "What do you know of this daemon, this Arago?"

"Enough to know that he's worth your time. He was once human, but when he got ahold of the Armor of the 9th Dawn, his own evil heart turned him into a daemon. And now he plans to enslave the entire mortal realm."

"I see. That sounds like my daemon, alright. So, where can I find him?" she asked.

"Not so fast. I didn't say I wanted you to kill him, I said I needed your help. If you have indeed been sent here to kill him, then you must have a great deal of power," he stated.

"I do."

"Could you remove his armor and seal him away somewhere he could never escape?"

"Possibly. But why not just kill him?" she asked.

"It's not enough, he's far too strong."

"Fine, we'll do it your way." She was beginning to get annoyed with this human. Just who the hell does he think he is?

--

In and amongst the group of fighters were a red-haired swordsman and a young fighter with the kanji "bad" on the back of his shirt. But that's another story...