Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ The Legend Of the Solar Whip ❯ pizza ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

The Legend Of the Solar Whip

Chapter Eight

By Wildfire

Ryo yawns as he again finds himself on Rowen's couch. He seemed to be here a lot. He smirks Rowen's house didn't have a whole lot to do and still being injured he couldn't do much himself. Rowen's dad would be home tonight, it seemed odd since he had gotten there he had yet to really see anything of Mr. Hashiba. Rowen said he was just really busy, but to never really see his home and his own son? Ryo supposed it wasn't his business to say anything so he kept his mouth shut.

Ryo jumps a bit as he hears the door open and low and behold there was Mr. Hashiba. He smiles warmly at Ryo. "Hello Ryo." He hangs his coat up and takes his shoes off before entering the room. He goes over to where Ryo was lounging and stares down at him.

Ryo stares back before realizing Mr. Hashiba wanted to sits down and he quickly scrambles up, into a sitting position. He mumbles an apology. The man laughs and sits down. "No worries. So.. you like it here?"

Ryo stares at him; conversation was definitely not one of this man's strong suits. He nods nonetheless though "yeah. It's nice."

"Good good. You and Rowen having fun?"

"Yep.. we talk.. and stuff"

"That's good, good. Having any troubles? I know you're in a hard place."

Ryo smiles politely, this was so awkward! "Amm I'm ok, you know sore and what not. But that's to be expected.."

"Of course.. don't need to see a doctor right?" The man looks Ryo up and down as if analyzing him.

"No.." Ryo smiles and looks around trying to find anything else to talk about his eyes focus on the TV in front of him. Something there? No it was just commercials. His eyes travel more around the room there was a coffee table in front of him.. nothing there. A coffee table to the right of him; just a lamp there. A coffee table to the left of the couch.. DANG how many coffee tables did these people need? "You have a lot of coffee tables.." he says in an absent minded voice. Inside he rolls his eyes at himself that had to be the lamest thing ever, he probably sounded like an idiot now.

"Ohh? Oh yeah we do.. when we get working on a project we have paper work everywhere and the more table space the better.." The man tries to do a polite laugh.

Well that just confirmed it.. he did sound like an idiot! "So, um, you have any projects on now?"

"No.. no I'm free for a week just finished up one on the evolution of a butterfly. They're fascinating creatures you know!"

"yeah.. they go from slug to the butterfly.. right?" Ryo groans inwardly will that was a DUH answer.

"Yes, yes they are. I'm sure you'll study them in one of your classes. They're a remarkable bug." He smiles.

Ryo was tempted to tell him they studied bugs like Butterflies back in second grade but decided that would probably just make him seem more like an idiot since he was the one that had actually ASKED in the first place. "They're pretty too" Ok so he didn't just sound like in an idiot he was an idiot, yep it was official Alen had to have done something to his brain because he was definitely an idiot now.

The man laughs and nods "that they are.. It's something a scientist can often miss, as we're so absorbed into the facts we forget to just look at it. The world is an amazing place and I think I miss much of it because I analyze it. I fear my son does too." He smiles with a light laugh.

Ryo smirks remembering the times them and the other guys were looking at something like a sunset and Rowen would start explaining how the colors happen. That was definitely one way to ruin the `glory' of it. He nods "yeah he does.. But it's something that helps us see a different way at looking at something. Looking at something for beauty is great but to never understand how something works is stupidity." He smiles "I'm glad I have your son as a friend or I'd never understand half the things I do now."

The man laughs and nods "Hashiba's are good for that I only hope he does something with it." He smiles again and ruffles Ryo's hair gently. "Speaking of my boy where is he?"

"Upstairs… doing something I probably don't want to know about."

The man nods and smiles again "will I suppose your hungry?" he starts shuffling through some papers on the coffee table in front of him. "Let's see I'm sure I have some take out food here somewhere. Ah here it is. It's for American Pizza you like that stuff?"

Ryo nod "Hai it's fine, I'll eat pretty much anything."

"Dad?" Rowen stood on the stairs "I didn't think you would be home so early.."

"Neither did I. I was about to order a pizza what do you want?"

"Am how about a supreme?"

Mr. Hashiba looks at Ryo "that ok with you?"

"Can we count out peppers?" Ryo smiles as the other two nod. As Mr. Hashiba goes to order Rowen takes his set next to Ryo.

"What did you guys talk about?"

"You, and food.." Ryo smirks at his friends' now curious face.

"What about me?"

"Oh you know the normal, he studies to much and needs to get a girl friend," Ryo teases, giving Rowen an innocent look.

"Lire. I know that's not true simply because my dad studies as much as I do and he also doesn't have a girl" Rowen sticks his tongue out at Ryo.

"Ohh? I didn't know you want that way Rowen.."

Rowen just glares at his friend. "Jerk…"

"Just because I can come up with better come backs than you do, does Not make me a jerk. It makes me witty and smart."

Rowen does a mock laugh "Ohh Ryo I didn't know you could tell jokes… well besides, of course, why did the Chicken cross the road"

"I know many jokes! You just aren't mature enough for me to tell them to you yet… Maybe when you're older I'll tell you things you've never imagined about."

"Ohh you going to show me too?" Rowen teases.

Ryo huffs "You are Not ready for that.. Sage has barely gotten to that level…"

Rowen laughs "Didn't want THAT image!"

Ryo shrugs and slowly gets up and limps into the kitchen to get another glass of water.

Rowen follows him. "So… Sage is still being driven nuts by that girl right? Should we do something to help?"

"What could we do to help.. I mean they have to work these thing out on their own. Plus as long as they don't get along the better my chances are to win that stupid bet."

"He's really miserable.. He hates having her there."

"Well he's going to have to get over that. She seems like a decent girl.. In all honesty they are a lot alike. Stubborn good looking and way to sure of them self's."

Rowen nodes "Yeah, you think they will work it out?" he grabs a plum from the counter, briefly washing it before eating it.

"I'm sure they will eventually they'd have to they live together now.." Ryo sips his water with a smirk. "if they don't that I suppose we'll be attending a funeral soon."

Rowen chuckles "I dono you think they'll get together.. you know like date?"

Ryo chuckles and shakes his head "no.. I seriously doubt that.. They're too much alike they'd kill each other. It's not good to have your significant other be exactly like you."

Sage sat in his room studying, he could hear Chessica and his mom down sitars laughing. He didn't understand how his mom could stand that girl she was so conceited! He didn't know what to do aboutt this kissing junk, he had tried to be nice to her, it just never worked! She was so arogent! Sage rolls onto his back staring at his book blankly he wondered what his friends were doing Ryo and Rowen were probably having a blast right now. He looks at his clock and is surpised to see it was almost seven, where had the time gone?

He gets up and heads downstairs and sees his mom smile at him the table had been set the two girls were talking as they put the food on the table.

"Ahh Sage I was just about to go and get you, dinner's ready."

He nods and looks at Chessica she smirks and sits down in what USED to be his seat… what a bitch.

Sage sits down in the seat opposite of her. "Thank you mother." He says but never lets his eyes leave Chessica giving her a challanging look.

"Oh this meal isn't all to me Chessica here helped quite a bit"

"Ohh, that's nice" he nods curtly at her.

"Sage would you go get your father and Grandfather from the dojo, while I get your sister?"

"Of course mother." He gets up and leaves giving Chessica and a challanging look again before he leaves. He growls at himself thinking this was deffently NOT the way to get the girl to like him.

The Alan look a like stood in front of Rowen's apartment as he licked a knife. The man wasn't really a man so he had no feelings he felt no pain. He was in all aspects just a walking body with no soul. He did as he was comanded to do and that was about it. He smiles around the knife as he looks up at the building. Inside there laid his pray, his first kill. He had been told not to kill him right away though that he needed to play with him first. This look he had was suppose to scare the boy, if he could have he would have wondered why.

He smiles as he sees a pizza boy park his car and get out. Well no one said the boy had to be his FIRST kill. He starts toward the boy a nasty smile on his face.

Ryo sat on the couch as the door bell rang, it was about TIME the pizza was over twenty minutes late. He slowly got up but Rowen beat him too it.

The man at the door had his head down as he mumbles the amount and hands the pizza over. Rowen hands the pizza to Ryo as he hands the ammount to the man. As Rowen turns around shutting the door the man looks up and smiles at Ryo.

Ryo gasps and drops the pizza, Alan?