Ronin Warriors Fan Fiction ❯ Where Am I and What Am I Doing Here?! ❯ In Which Ther e Is Just Much Cursing ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Where Am I and What Am I Doing Here?!
 
KuroTsubasaNoTenshi
 
PG-13 for swearing and violence (may be upped in later chapters)
 
Kuro: Woo! And the plot begins! Kinda.
Icchan: Plot? You mean this actually has a plot to it?
Kuro: Shut up, muse, or I shall smite thee in all thine adorably panther-ness.
Icchan: Then who would be your muse?
Kuro:…shit.
Icchan: *smug grin* Just hit the story.
Kuro: You heard the cat, roll disclaimer!
Icchan: Cat…?! Why you-
 
Disclaimer (Cuz I kinda forgot to put one in the first chapter): I don't own Ronin Warriors or anything affiliated with them. I'm not doing this for profit of any kind (except that maybe good reviews get me high…they're like crack, I swear) and I do not claim to own them. Caryn and Amber are owned by their respective…people…and only Kate is mine.
 
 
Chapter 2: In Which There is Just Much Cursing
 
Kate landed flat on her ass on a very hard, very uneven surface. “AHHH MOTHERFUCKER!!” she yelled, leaping up immediately. She didn't have time to do anything more than that before Caryn was suddenly on top of her, bringing her back to the ground which, she could now truthfully say, was concrete of some sort. Or at least, it tasted like concrete.
 
“GAH! Get you FAT ASS off of me!”
 
“What the fuck?” Caryn looked around, standing up. “Where the hell are we?”
 
“I don't have the slightest fucking clu-“ Kate was cut off yet again as Amber appeared out of nowhere and also fell on her. “God damnit, I am not your fucking landing pad!”
 
Amber stood up, completely ignoring Kate. “Ahh, god damnit, where did Kate get us pulled into now?”
 
Kate stood up slowly. Her back hurt really, really badly by now. As did most of the rest of her body. “I don't fucking know! I honestly can say, though, that we're somewhere with an atmosphere, breathable gasses, and concrete.”
 
Amber smacked Kate on the back of the head for no discernable reason and then looked around. “What is this, a ghost town? There's nothing here but fog and decrepit buildings.”
 
Kate took in her surroundings. They looked familiar… “This looks familiar…”
 
Caryn froze, blinking as she turned her head side to side. “Do you guys hear that?”
 
The other two followed her example. In the distance, there echoed the sounds of…absolutely nothing. “Hear what?” Kate and Amber asked in unison.
 
“Absolutely nothing. It's completely silent here.”
 
“Yeah, well, not for long if all three of us are here,” Amber said as Kate began walking around them in a slow, wide circle.
 
“I swear I know this place,” she mumbled, looking around with wide eyes. “It's so familiar!”
 
“Hey guys?” Amber called. “What's `Kadok'?” she asked, pointing to a billboard on top of a nearby skyscraper.
 
Kate blinked, then began laughing so hard her face turned red and she fell to the ground again.
 
Caryn and Amber stared. “What the hell is wrong with you?” the latter asked.
 
“She knows something…” Caryn muttered, walking over to Kate and kicking her roughly in the ribs. “Get up and tell us what you figured out, bitch.”
 
Kate struggled to her feet, her laughter slowly fading. “We're in-haha-T-To-heeheeheehee-Toyama! I-hoohahaha-recognized the billboard!”
 
This thought suddenly sobered her and the three friends looked around quietly.
 
“Does that mean…” Caryn began.
 
“…that we're in the world of the Ronin Warriors?” Amber finished for her.
 
Kate grinned. “I'd hazard a guess that we are.” She glanced at a mall with its doors still open. “I'm cold. We should change out of our pajamas, guys. Come on.”
 
The trio headed into the building without hesitation, immediately splitting up to find what they preferred. An hour later found them all at the front of the entrance they had used with a completely different change of clothing and a few extras they had thought to pick up.
 
Amber wore a dark purple spaghetti-strap top with a denim skirt that came to just above her knees and a black zip-up hoodie. She had on black, knee-high boots that laced up the front and also now sported a backpack that she claimed contained her pajamas and a few non-perishable food items and a couple bottles of water.
 
Kate wore a pair of jeans turned up at the cuffs underneath a loose and colorful patchwork skirt that reached to just above where the jeans stopped, coupled with a somewhat tight three-quarter-sleeved white shirt. She wore sneakers and had donned a messenger bag filled with first-aid supplies.
 
Caryn had found a craft store and in the time they had been searching for clothing, she had attacked the clothes that had been picked out. She now wore a black-and-gold oriental dress that appeared to have been, at one time, a shirt/skirt ensemble. She had made slits up the side and wore black capris underneath as well as black cloth mary janes. Her messenger bag was full of sewing stuff, a few spare items of clothing, and a set of walkie-talkies.
 
Handing out the walkie-talkies, the three friends left the mall.
 
“So,” Kate said casually, casting a glance at Caryn, “didn't like the clothing they offered, eh?”
 
“No. The shirt/skirt thing looked ridiculous and I figured I had time, so I played seamstress,” the taller girl replied.
 
Amber stopped at the street corner they had been walking towards randomly. “Hey guys, where are we actually going?” she asked, looking pointedly at Kate with Caryn.
 
“Um…” Kate sweat dropped. “Ehehe…I guess we should start looking for a map or three, eh?” She said. “Um…I think that's a tourist information place…in any case, it's got maps.” She pointed to a random store that they hadn't noticed before and they all promptly went in.
 
They wandered around the small, cluttered store in an oppressed silenc-
 
“This place smells like mildew,” complained Kate.
 
Okay, well, that didn't last long.
 
“That might be because there's a leaking water main behind the counter getting the back room wet,” Amber said from her perch on the counter in question.
 
Caryn grinned as she shuffled through stacks and piles of maps. “Lucky for us everything in the store is in English, huh?”
 
“Um…no, it's almost all in Engrish,” Kate said, looking at a sad attempt at a sign in English. “Tourists of maps to Toyama?” she asked, staring at the paper. “What the hell is that supposed to mean?”
 
Amber jumped down from her place on the counter. “Shove over, I'm better at Engrish than either of you.” She looked at it, blinked, and then nodded. “They're maps of Toyama for tourists. We'll do well with these, you think?”
 
Caryn came over and nodded. “Yeah, they should do…if they're in English, that is.”
 
“Engrish,” Katie corrected.
 
“Whatever.”
 
Amber picked three of them up, handing them out. “These should be fine. Come on, I'm kind of afraid to find out what part of the story line we've popped in to, but it would be a little important to find out.”
 
“Okay, I think we're set. Shall we go?” Kate asked, heading towards the door.
 
“Yeah, fine,” Caryn replied, following. “I swear…if we're here while Mia and Yuli still are, I'm going to cry. Wait, no, I'm going to kill them first, and then cry.”
 
“Why cry?” Amber asked as they wandered around.
 
“Because chances are if I kill them, the others will kill me.”
 
“Oh.”
 
“Yeah.”
 
Katie stopped at a street corner, staring at her map. “…” she turned it around and stared at it some more. Glaring up at the street sign, Kate looked back at her map and growled. “Ah! Here we are!” she said, triumphantly pointing to a spot.
 
“Meet…here in an hour?” Amber asked, pointing to a random place on her map. It was somewhere in the commercial district.
 
“Gotcha,” Kate replied. “I'll take this area here.”
 
“Then I'll go here,” Caryn added.
 
“And that leaves me with here. Okay,” Amber said with a sigh.
 
Caryn posed. “Let's split up, gang!”
 
Amber and Kate just stared like she was crazy. Which, of course, she was.
 
“Riiiiiiight…” Kate said, rolling her eyes. “I'm off.” She wandered off in the wrong direction at first, stopped, turned around, and skipped off the right way.
 
“Me too,” Amber threw in before wandering off as well.
 
Caryn shrugged and began walking through the desolate street. It was completely quiet and empty as she wandered. The silence, however, soon got to her.
 
In other words, she began singing.
 
Don't wanna be an American idiot. Don't want a nation under the new media. And can you hear the sounds of hysteria? The subliminal mindfuck America~” Turning at a random street without consulting the map, Caryn continued her wandering. That meant her singing too, unfortunately. “Welcome to a new kind of tension, all across the alien nation. Everything isn't meant to be okay. Television dreams of tomorrow; we're not the ones who're meant to follow. Well, that's enough to argue.”
 
She looked around desperately for signs of life. And failed miserably.
 
 
Kate was having no better luck. The silence had cracked her weak little ADHD mind not five minutes into her trek, and she was singing the opening song to Steel Angel Kurumi. “Kiss kara hajimaru miracle date aru yo ne! Ame demo hare demo anata ga iru kara, itsumo zun zun ikeru yo! Tsubasa no haeteru tenshi ni natte tondara! Ginga no kanata no kirameku chaperu de, wedding-bell narasu no!” She began dancing in a very odd, rhythmically-challenged way as she sang.
 
And thus continued Kate's little not-adventure.
 
 
Amber had found a weapons store and had stocked up. Quite a bit. There was a set of two katana for Caryn who was better with light agile weapons and an older-styled bow-and-arrows set for Kate, who had the best aim, as well as a blade-tipped staff weighted on the non-sharp end. While she didn't feel the need to sing, Amber was talking lovingly to a broad-sword that she polished as she walked. “You have good balance, don't you? Whoever made you knew what they were doing, didn't they! Yes they did, yes they did! Oooh! I love you!” She gasped and paused in her polishing to stare at the sword. “You don't have a name! Gasp! Hmm…I'll name you after I've seen you in action, okay?”
 
So needless to say, Amber wasn't really paying attention to her surroundings, which was perfectly okay. There was only some weird dude standing on top of a nearby building watching her intently in all his shadowy-mysteriousness. No, nothing suspicious at all.
 
 
Needless to say, an hour later they had all met up at the assigned spot with little mishap. Though, exactly how the three girls knew when an hour had gone by we can only guess, since all electronics were out of service. But, needless to say, they hadn't found a damn person.
 
Amber distributed her weapons with a grin.
 
“Kick ass…” Caryn murmured as she unsheathed one of her blades with stars and hearts in her eyes. “I love you, Amber!” She strapped the sheaths cross-wise on her back, one sword hilt protruding over each shoulder. “I love them!” she squealed, glomping Amber.
 
Kate was testing her weapons. Knocking and arrow to the bowstring, she pulled it taut and sighted along the arrow. “Hey Caryn, go stand about 100 paces that way,” she said, nodding in the direction she meant.
 
“Like hell I will!” Caryn replied. “You're just gonna shoot me!”
 
Amber sighed, adjusting the sheath of her sword so that it was similar to Caryn's. “Oh, just go do it. She's not going to hurt you; you know she has better aim than that.”
 
“She'd do it on purpose.”
 
“I would not!”
 
“Caryn, just go, please?”
 
“Why don't you go?”
 
“I want you to go because you're taller and stand out more at a distance!”
 
“Oh fine, fine!” Caryn stumped off in the previously indicated direction.
 
“Hey Amber…” Kate asked, sighting along her arrow again.
 
“Yeah?”
 
“Where'd you get these weapons from?”
 
“Sore wa hi~mi~tsu!”
 
“…”
 
“They're legit, I swear.”
 
“And by legit you mean you paid for them and everything?”
 
“Um…”
 
Amber was spared from further questioning as Caryn reached her destination, turned around, and yelled. “Bitch! I'm in place!”
 
Kate grinned and took aim. “Alright,” she called back. “Don't move, or I'm not paying your hospital bills!”
 
“What the hell is that supposed to mea-“ She stopped yelling as an arrow thudded into the telephone pole she stood with her back against, landing just above her head. She paused for a minute before reaching up, yanking the arrow out, and storming over to Kate. “WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?!”
 
Kate grinned and took her arrow back. “That was me testing the bow.”
 
Caryn smacked Kate repeatedly before Amber stopped them. “Hey you guys, what's that?” The other two turned to look.
 
It appeared to be a sword, stuck into the ground and glowing many colors. It reminded them a bit of a multi-colored lava lamp.
 
The walked over to it, then Katie grinned. “Ah!! I know when we are!”
 
“What?” Caryn looked at her weird.
Kate did a little victory dance. “I know when in the story line we appeared.”
 
Amber sighed. “So tell us already.”
 
“Oh, yeah!” Kate began looking around. “Well, this is Ryo's sword, which means that Yuli and Mia haven't found it yet, which means that this is just after Talpa's Tornado of Doom â„¢.”
 
Amber looked around as well. “Oh, hey! There they are!” she pointed towards an overturned bus with three hunched figures below it.
 
 
 
Mia and Yuli sat staring at the glowing sword for a minute. It took a while for it to click in their heads that maybe they should go check it out when three odd girls appeared and gathered around the sword.
 
“Mia…Who are they?” Yuli asked in his annoyingly whiney voice.
 
“I don't know, Yuli,” Mia said in her overly-dramatic habit. “I don't know,” she repeated. Mia also had a habit of repeating herself to make whatever she was saying seem more dramatic.
 
Whiteblaze got up and walked over to the girls cautiously.
 
“Whiteblaze! Come back, Whiteblaze!” Yuli called, starting to get up.
 
“Yuli, no!” Mia held the young boy back. “Whiteblaze can take care of himself. We should wait here.”
 
 
 
Kate grinned at the approaching tiger. “Whiteblaze!” she said happily. “Come here, boy!”
 
The oversized tiger merely stared at her about two yards away.
 
Caryn dug through her bag before pulling out a bag of beef jerky. It was all she could fine, okay?! Opening the snack, she tossed a piece to Whiteblaze. “There you go, boy, eat up.”
 
Amber just poked at the sword. Poke poke poke. With a small grating sound, it tipped over and fell with a clatter to the ground. She jumped back hastily. “I didn't do it!”
 
Whiteblaze edged closer to Caryn, who was holding out more of the delicious, completely unhealthy meat snacks.
 
 
There was a larger grating sound and everyone, Mia and Yuli included, looked around. It was a deep rumbling accompanied by the grinding of stone on stone. The ground began to shake and that's when they all noticed the building near Mia and Yuli begin to tumble down towards Earth.
 
Too far away to stop it, the girls and Whiteblaze stared in amazement.
 
Mia and Yuli stared at their approaching doom in dismay, fear silencing their ear-splitting wails.
 
Within the minute, the smoke had cleared and Kate, Amber, Caryn, and Whiteblaze were staring at the rubble and debris of a collapsed building where Mia and Yuli had once been huddled.
 
-To be continued-
 
Narrator that sounds suspiciously like Icchan: Mia and Yuli have been buried underneath the collapsed building! Did they survive? Does anyone really want them to survive? Well, okay, no and probably not. What will the three friends and newly befriended tiger do now? What will happen to the Ronins now that the drama queen and the brat are out of the picture? Why the hell am I asking all these questions? AUTHOR!!! *sounds of paws running away and then silence*
 
~*~*~
^___^ Just wanna say that I LOVE you all and PLEASE don't kill me!!