Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Swords: The Tangled Web ❯ Fall of the Wind ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay time for some review responses.

Marnika: No. I already have more characters then I want to deal with.

Harm Marie: We shall see, my friend. We shall see.

Twilight Sky: Thank you! I feel like a real special lady now.

Anonymous Reviewer: Thank you so very very much! Confusion makes me nervous.

Special thanks to http://www.geocities.com/theinuyashalover/kagurankannaprofiles.html for the information of Kagura's attacks.

Disclaimer: Still not mine!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Kenshin had never run so fast in his entire life. He'd run from armies. He'd run from assassins. He'd run from a myriad of people whose only goal in life was to kill him. But he'd never run like this. His muscles burned, and still he was just barely keeping up with the white haired man in front of him. He ignored the pain. He had to get to Kaoru. He had to save her. They couldn't lose track of Kagura. But it was becoming more and more difficult. Inuyasha was almost out of sight. He seemed to never get tired. His body moved naturally in ways that Kenshin had trained for years to achieve, and still hadn't been able to. He ran blindly and bumped hard into the hanyou who was standing at a complete stop in front of him.

"Get on my back." Kenshin was thoroughly confused.

"What?" Inuyasha knelt down to make it easier for Kenshin to get on him.

"You are too slow, and you're burning up all your energy running. How will you fight with no energy? Now get on my back!" Inuyasha made it very clear by his tone of voice that it was not an option. Kenshin clambered on to him, and he began racing in the direction Kagura flew again. Kenshin was startled at the speed at which they were moving. Everything whizzed by in a blur. He wasn't moving this fast a while ago was he? Kenshin realized that he had been holding back. The speed that Kenshin had been marveling at was Inuyasha holding back. This was the true power of the half demon. And he was moving like this with a samurai on his back. It blew Kenshin's mind. After what seemed like forever, they stopped. Kenshin got down and saw Kagura standing nonchalantly in front of them. She had her arms crossed and was holding her fan closed. Kenshin couldn't understand why she was just standing there in the middle of the forest. Also there seemed to be an eerie purple glow behind her.

"Out of the way, Kagura!" Inuyasha drew Tetsusaiga. He held it toward her. Kenshin almost gawked. Inuyasha's long run had no effect on him at all. The man's stamina was incredible. Why was he telling her to move anyway? Didn't he need her to find the castle?

"You know I can't do that, Inuyasha." She held out the hand with the fan and slowly let it drop open. She pulled it close to her face, then threw her arm outward toward the men.

"Fuujin no Mai!" Suddenly blades appeared out of the air and struck the ground hard. Inuyasha easily jumped out of the way and turned quickly to save Kenshin who he was sure was injured. But Kenshin stood a few feet away from where they had stood. He also had dodged the attack. His face was unshowing of any emotion, but his eyes burned with hate.

"Where are they?" Kagura smiled. She thought it was really funny that the slight red headed man hadn't figured it out. She raised her fan again.

"Ruujya no Mai!" Tornadoes burst forth. They swirled around, and Inuyasha had to jump several times to get away from them. Kenshin however, didn't. He moved quickly to Kagura's side. He looked up into her red eyes. He saw the emotion Sanosuke couldn't recognize swirling in them. He knew it though. He knew it all too well. There was despair there. Her eyes seemed to yell that they were sorry. That she didn't want to be doing this. They begged for release. For freedom. Kenshin's grip tightened on his sword. He had killed many demons in the past few days, but they could not articulate. They were like animals. Kagura had speech. She had emotion. She lived like a person, and as much as he hated her, he did not want to kill her. She looked at him forlornly.

"Fuujin no Mai!" The blades whipped toward him again, and he easily dodged them.

"Where are they, Kagura?" He had to know. He had to save Kaoru.

"Keh! I know where they are! Get out of the way, Kagura!" Inuyasha charged forward with Tetsusaiga.

"Ruujya no Mai!" He was blown back. He couldn't dodge the swirling winds and hit her at the same time. Kenshin looked right at her. He was close enough to do it. Inuyasha knew where the girls were. He didn't need any more answers from her. But still, a piece of him was begging for his sword to stay put. Think of Kaoru! Think of your vow! Then Kenshin took a hard look into Kagura's bright red eyes and knew his decision was made. He ran close to her with dizzying speed and clutched tighter to his sword. As he came within feet of her, she didn't raise her fan. It wasn't because Kenshin was too fast. She was a demon after all. She could have hit him with three attacks in the time it took him to come forward. The last thing he saw before he drew his sword was a new flood of emotion in those eyes. Relief. Relief and gratitude. Her eyes thanked him for what she knew was coming. Thanked him for setting her free.

"Hiten Mitsurugi Style Kan-Sen!"

Inuyasha stared in disbelief as the bodiless head of Kagura rolled to his feet. Kenshin stood next to the rest of her with his head drooped. He had done it. He knew she wanted him to, but it was still hard. The pain in his eyes when he looked at Inuyasha nearly stopped him in his tracks. He was going over to congratulate him. Kagura was not an easy foe to dispatch. He had tried many times and failed. But Kenshin did not look proud, or even happy. He looked like it was his best friend lying there decapitated next to him. He sighed heavily and spoke very softly.

"You said you know where they are." Inuyasha just nodded. He was too stunned by Kenshin's reactions to do anything else. He lifted Tetsusaiga, and it flooded with a red color.

"What are you doing?" Inuyasha ignored his question and brought down the sword.

"Kaze no Kiza!" Suddenly, the purple glow dissipated. What appeared to be more forest behind it disappeared too. In its place was a large compound. A castle. Kenshin's mouth hung open.

"It was a barrier, wim- I mean Kenshin." Inuyasha didn't feel like the silly nickname was appropriate any longer. Kenshin was a lot of things, but wimpy wasn't one of them. Kenshin turned his head to meet Inuyasha's golden eyes.

"Miss Kaoru and Miss Kagome are in there?"

"Yeah."

"Then what are we waiting for? Let's go get them."

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Here are some descriptions of the attacks in case you didn't want to visit the two sites I got the information from.

Kenshin:

Hiten Mitsurugi Style Tsui-Sen- An attack from above where Kenshin comes down hard using gravity to increase his power.

Hiten Mitsurugi Style Sau-Sen- A very fast attack where the enemy doesn't get the chance to counterattack. I envisioned him using it on a bunch of demons at once.

Hiten Mitsurugi Style Kan-Sen- A quick devastating blow to the base of the neck. That's why Kagura lost her head.

Inuyasha:

Sankontessou- called Iron Reaver Soul Stealer in English. A swipe of Inuyasha's claws

Hijin Ketsusou- called Blades of Blood in English. He throws his blood to create blades, which can cut an enemy. I haven't used this yet, but I might.

Tetsusaiga- When he yells this, he is coming down hard from the sky. Very similar to the Tsui-Sen.

Kaze no Kiza- called Wind Scar in English. Uses the power of Tetsusaiga and the demon winds to create three stripes of yellow energy, which destroy everything.

Bakryuha- I know its not spelled like that. Someone help me out. Every site I've been to has spelled it differently. A counter attack where he uses Kaze no Kiza in a ball of demon energy creating tornadoes of a combined Tetsusaiga and their power against them. This is Inuyasha's ultimate attack.

Kagura:

Fuujin no Mai- called Dance of the Wind Blades in English. Creates blades out of the wind.

Ruujya no Mai- called Dance of the Dragon in English. Creates tornadoes against enemies.

I hope that helped everyone to visualize what's happening. Please review!