Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Swords: The Tangled Web ❯ Final Battle ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Okay sorry this took so long. My car has a gas leak, which is never fun and is in the shop. I am now also driving on a suspended license because I forgot to pay my ticket on time. Also never good. I was trying to get everything taken care of, but the courthouse closed at four thirty so I couldn't. Oh, well. Here is your chapter.

Disclaimer: Everything I own falls apart anyway!

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

Even in the mid day sun, the castle was dark. It was surrounded by an evil energy that could only be produced by Naraku. It made Kenshin involuntarily shiver. He was running behind Inuyasha. They were trying to find the women they were missing so much. Kenshin surveyed the death around him, and worried about Kaoru. As soon as Inuyasha had broken the barrier, they hadn't taken more then three steps inside before a hoard of demons attacked. The men quickly dispatched them though, and they had continued on their way. It seemed that every few moments a new wave of the hideous minions would come to stop their journey. But they were nearing the main structure of the building now. The women had to be close.

"We're almost there!" Inuyasha was ready. He could smell Naraku and the soft scent of Kagome. Just a few more yards and he could rescue her. He slammed through the door barring his way and stopped dead in his tracks. Kenshin followed suit as they stared forward into the long dim room. Naraku was standing nonchalantly in the corner. He walked slowly toward them and relished in the reaction he was seeing. Inuyasha looked as though he would destroy the first thing that came near him, and Kenshin had once again retreated behind the mask of apathy. Inuyasha was obviously disturbed by the sight he was witnessing. The small ball of light that was Kagome and Kaoru's merged souls hovered helplessly above them. Their bodies remained submerged in the soul sucking liquid. The hanyou began to run toward the women.

"Kagome!" Suddenly he was knocked back. Naraku smiled as a long tentacle returned to his body. Inuyasha glared at him.

"Did you really think I would let them go that easily? I need that soul. And I need your remaining shards." Inuyasha slashed at the appendages flying at him. He wanted to do his Kaze no Kiza attack, but the girls were too close. If he unleashed that power now, he could kill them. Naraku laughed at Inuyasha's futile attempts to defeat him without using Tetsusaiga's true power. But it was cut short as he watched a blur streak by him. He felt as all the pieces of his body that were heading toward the half demon were sliced cleanly off. Kenshin glared at him. His amber eyes were powerful and would have stopped a lesser being in their tracks. But Naraku was no lesser being. He would destroy the red headed samurai along with the hated hanyou.

"That was not a very good idea." Kenshin's face didn't change when Naraku said those words. If he was scared, he didn't show it.

"It was wrong of you to take Miss Kaoru and Miss Kagome away. If you let them go, I will kill you quickly as opposed to making you suffer for longer." Laughter filled the room. The short human truly thought that he could dispatch Naraku so easily? Naraku resolved to change his opinion. He lashed out at the men over and over, constantly being pushed back. Even without utilizing his true power, Inuyasha was still a formidable opponent. And Kenshin moved faster than any human he had ever seen. If Naraku hadn't had the sense of smell possessed by all demons, he would have sworn that the slight man was a demon himself. Naraku changed tactics and began hurling energy at the men. They dodged, sometimes more easily than others. He flew at them in frustration, reverting to his true and horrific form. Appendages and tentacles splayed from everywhere. The men realized that there was no way they could avoid them all. They braced for the impact. But it never came. Instead they heard a whirring sound of something large spinning, and a welcome voice.

"Hiraikotsu!" The pieces of Naraku came off quickly, separated from their host by the enormous boomerang. Inuyasha and Kenshin were overjoyed to see everyone there. From the lecherous monk to the young apprentice of the Kamiya Kasshin style, each and every one of their companions were there to help them. Sango caught her weapon. Inuyasha yelled toward them.

"Get the girls out of that stuff!" Yahiko, Shippo, and Miroku hurried to comply. Sango and Sanosuke, once again armed with his sword, hurried next to Inuyasha and Kenshin. Naraku glared at them. They began fighting again. It became a frenzy. Pieces of Naraku were everywhere. In a matter of minutes, both Sango and Sanosuke were away from the battle, Miroku and Shippo tending their wounds. Yahiko was over the girls, trying to wake them up. He didn't realize that the shimmering ball of light above him was their extracted souls. All that was left was what it began with, Kenshin, Inuyasha and Naraku. They were fighting harder than before. Each seemed to be running on some kind of fuel that was not apparent to the others. There were slashes, stabs, claws, jabs. Every moment was another attack. Shippo stood helplessly watching. He was so worried about Inuyasha and Kagome. He turned his head, and Naraku caught a glimpse of something around his neck.

"The shards!" The evil demon lunged for them. He fully expected to retrieve them, complete the sacred jewel, and be rid of Inuyasha and his comrades forever. But that's not what happened. He did not get more than a few feet closer when he felt something attack him. This attack was stronger than the previous ones the little human had dealt out. This attack would have been fatal on anything else.

"Hiten Mitsurugi Style Ku-Zu-Ryu-Sen!" Inuyasha watched in amazement. Kenshin's sword flew from nine different angles seemingly simultaneously. Each blow struck directly. Then he watched as Naraku seethed with anger. He threw Kenshin back so he was behind Inuyasha. The girls were a safe distance away, no longer directly in the path of his attacks, so the white haired man unleashed one.

"Kaze no Kiza!" The power surged through Naraku's body. He looked like he would fall over any second. Inuyasha knew he wouldn't though. He watched the sickening smile cross the demon's face. Hey seemed to be gathering energy for something. Soon a ball of demon energy formed in his hand. It began to grow bigger and bigger. Inuyasha held Tetsusaiga ready. He would destroy Naraku now. This was his last chance. He had to get to Kagome. Naraku raised the energy and turned. Something knotted in the pit of the hanyou's stomach as he realized what was happening. This deadly power wasn't going to be turned on him. It was directed toward the rest of the party. Specifically the two soulless women. Inuyasha didn't know what to do. He couldn't get there to protect Kagome in time. He couldn't stop Naraku either. He had never felt so helpless in his life than at that split second. Naraku was about to release his attack when an angry voice was heard.

"Hiten Mitsurugi Style Kan-Sen!" The force of Kenshin's blow to his neck caused Naraku to turn back toward Inuyasha as he let go of the energy. It flew with fantastic speed toward him.

"Everyone get down! Bakuryuuha!"

A little girl stopped as her mentor did. They had been walking along peacefully when he stilled and looked up at the sky. He felt like a sudden weight had been lifted off of his shoulders. The evil that had plagued his lands for fifty years was finally eradicated. Even the air smelled sweeter. The small girl looked up at him as he gazed into the sky. She tugged gently on the white cloth he wore.

"Lord Sesshoumaru, is everything okay?" Her eyes were full of concern.

"Everything is fine now, Rin. Just fine." She smiled and hurried back toward Jaken to play. As long as he said everything was fine, then it was. The tall white haired demon felt something tugging at the corners of his lips. A very rare and very tiny small crept onto face. He spoke aloud to the sky very softly, knowing no one else could hear.

"You've finally done it, brother." He turned and went toward Rin. Her kidnapping had been avenged. He had no need to continue in the direction he was heading. He felt that perhaps home would be a better destination for the time being.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))))))))

Hiten Mitsurugi Style Ku-Zu-Ryu-Sen- (9 Headed Dragon Flash): This is a move that was taught before the succession technique. It is to wield the sword nine times from nine different directions at once and strike all nine vital points all instantly. Because of that, it is impossible to dodge or to defend this certain move. According to Hiko, since this move is completely impossible to be avoided or blocked, the only way to break it is by making one's move before one's opponent uses the 9 Headed Dragon Flash, i.e. by using a Battou-Jutsu which surpasses the "God-like Speed".

Got that from the website. FF.net deleted the web addresses so if anyone wants them, just e-mail me and I'll send them to you. Sesshoumaru isn't going to be in the rest of the story. I just put him in because some screaming fangirls begged me to. By the way, you're welcome sesshylover and marnika. I have to give the people what they want. Please review my pretties.