Rurouni Kenshin Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Two Swords: The Tangled Web ❯ Warrior's Love ( Chapter 16 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

I'm glad I killed Naraku. Every time I wrote about him, I would hear that annoying evil Naraku music in my head. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

It was only just becoming evening, and the crisp cool air was biting her face. She looked at the sky as she traveled along to do a duty she couldn't bear. The stars were beginning to peek out. They shined back at her like so many forgotten diamonds. She was almost home. Almost to the place where she had to bury the last member of her family. It had been hard at Naraku's palace. She had no problems fighting him. She had to avenge her brother. Death was not a big deal as long as he died along with her. It was what happened afterward. She had never seen so much love between people. Inuyasha and Kagome looked at each other like the Gods would strike them down if they dared look away. And then there was Kenshin and Kaoru. The relief that spread over his face when she woke up was remarkable. He had kissed her and kissed her. Then he had confessed his love, right there in front of everybody. He had said he'd been thinking about it for a long time. He had never had the courage to tell her how he felt. Never had the strength to ask her what he needed to.

"Miss Kaoru, I love you with all my heart. I would be a great honor if you would allow this unworthy one to spend the rest of his days with you. That it would." Kenshin never received an answer just a flurry of kisses. Kaoru had looked so happy. It broke Sango's heart. She felt the tears start to well up in her eyes, then the strong hands of Sanosuke wrap around her waist. She had cried into his chest then. She hadn't known him for very long, but his presence made her feel a little better. After they all left the hated palace, she immediately started for her old village with Kohaku's body. Sanosuke had insisted on coming as well. That's where she was now. Nearing her old abandoned village with a fighter from another time and her brother's body. The world was heavy on her shoulders, and her grief was great. When they reached the village, neither one of them spoke. They walked silently over to the other graves with Sanosuke carrying the lifeless boy. Sango picked up a spade and began to dig. Sanosuke soon followed her. After a while, the grave had been dug, and Sango tenderly placed her brother into it.

"Buried for the second time brother. But now you are home. Rest peacefully." She carefully gathered some dirt and dropped it onto him. Then emotions overtook her, and she broke down. Going through the death of her family for a second time was proving to be too much for her. Every inch of her body shook with her sobs. How could she bury her brother? Sanosuke gently scooped her up and walked toward a small hut.

"What are you doing?" She could barely see him through her tears. Just his brown hair and the red tie that held it back.

"You need to rest, Missy." He laid her down on a mat carefully then exited the hut. She stared after him in disbelief before succumbing to the fatigue that had been plaguing her all day. When she awoke, she found herself still lying in the hut. She was covered by something warm that smelled of the forest and blood. It was a white jacket with the symbol for "evil" on the back. It was his. Sanosuke was leaned up against the wall sleeping. His arms were crossed over his bare chest in an effort to warm himself. Sango stared at him in awe. He had given up his jacket for her. She glanced out the window. It was still dark. She slipped her arms through the sleeves and reveled in the feeling of it. It was almost like he was embracing her. She held herself and watched the slumbering man. His chest was rising and falling evenly. His unruly brown hair hung all over the place. Sango slowly crawled toward him. She reached a timid hand up and ran her fingers through it. It reminded her of Kirara's fur, course and soft all at once. It was a pleasant feeling. The man sighed and slowly opened his eyes to meet hers. They said nothing for a moment.

"Thank you." Her voice was barely a whisper.

"For what?"

"For fighting with me, for burying my brother, for holding me when I needed it, for your jacket, for everything."

"Oh, you're welcome." Suddenly she was in his arms. He kissed her fiercely, and she kissed back. They turned to reckless abandon as his jacket fell from her shoulders. They quickly lost the rest of their clothes and began to relish each other's bodies. They touched and kissed everything. Sanosuke carried her back over to the mat and lay with her. They made love. It was her first time, but it didn't matter. It was wild and natural. They did what they felt was right. It wasn't the beautiful union of two soft untouched bodies but the love of warriors. Scars and fresh wounds littered their skin. They fought for dominance just as they had fought for their lives. Everything was untamed. They held nothing back from each other. Had any other person been in the village, they would have been worried because of all the noise coming from the little hut. After what seemed to her like too short a time, Sango laid snuggled in Sanosuke's strong arms. He kissed the top of her head and stroked her back. The last thought that came to her mind before sleep took her was how his rough hands felt better than she had imagined.

Miroku sat at the campfire between Inuyasha and Kenshin. Kaoru, Shippo, and Kagome were at the hot springs, and Yahiko was asleep at their feet. They had spent the evening talking about all sorts of things. Now the conversation had turned to the female demon slayer.

"I have never seen a woman as strong as Miss Sango."

"Keh! That's cause there aren't any others." Inuyasha poked the small fire with a stick.

"I sure hope that she'll be all right by herself. I know Sanosuke's with her though. Still I can't help but worry. That I can't." Miroku thought of Sango as they were speaking. He tuned out the rest of the conversation. Kenshin and Inuyasha spoke, and he just thought. Thought of how beautiful Sango was when she was fighting. Thought of the softness of her skin he had so often stolen a touch of. Thought of how she had cried in Sanosuke's arms. Thought of how flushed her face became when the strong man touched her. He was broken from his reverie by Inuyasha.

"Miroku? Aren't you listening to anything we're saying?"

"Oh, I'm sorry. I'm sure she'll be fine." Neither man detected the sadness in his voice. They were too busy being confused. What was he talking about? The conversation had shifted to how to get Kenshin and everyone else home.

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((()))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))))

A/N: Oh, how sweet! Star-crossed lovers. Sigh. Sorry. Please review!!